Options

I Was Unfairly Fired Today

Comments

• Options
    [I just find it ironic the PEOPLE who are throwing accusations of immaturity and childishness :mrgreen: actually not ironic... just plain funny! :mrgreen:

No I'm not happy about that... but in this case I don't get the impression that the OP was undercutting a local person... I get the impression that he IS local. It's a different story but should have the same implications.

I don't doubt you find it funny/ironic. Meanwhile, I find it rather telling that the only person taking his side and saying he's being perfectly reasonable is unemployed and having enormous difficulty getting a job. By my count, there have been about 20 different people here who have said he is acting childish and is wrong about this, and a large number of them are gainfully employed and have been. Don't let your personal issues with 2 or 3 of them cloud your judgment or obscure the fact that they're all right.

What implications would those be? The bottom line is that what he's doing is illegal and he insists it is not. Are you saying he's right?
    :mrgreen: gainfully employed... I've been working for the past 12 years since i was 16... this is my first 'break in service' and it HAS been a break as much as anything. Oh and I've been working all those years while you were a slacker student :mrgreen: you're not a lawyer YET, amn't I right? :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Are you bringing MY personal situation into it??? Wow, that's low, even for you :roll: IT'S A RECESSION :roll: ah you'll find out soon enough :mrgreen:

dunk also took his side and he's highly employed... ah I forgot you judge people only on what they do and how much money they make :mrgreen:

2 Europeans to about 20 Americans, several of who have intimate knowledge of the tax code. I ask again, are you saying that he is right when he claims he hasn't broken any laws but his boss did?
    when did I say he was right? NEVER! I also don't go around kicking people when they're down... which is WHY I joined this thread in the first place cos the way you're all jumping on the guy is disgusting. But hey, that's what you do, right? :lol:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Are you bringing MY personal situation into it??? Wow, that's low, even for you :roll: IT'S A RECESSION :roll: ah you'll find out soon enough :mrgreen:

dunk also took his side and he's highly employed... ah I forgot you judge people only on what they do and how much money they make :mrgreen:

2 Europeans to about 20 Americans, several of who have intimate knowledge of the tax code. I ask again, are you saying that he is right when he claims he hasn't broken any laws but his boss did?
    when did I say he was right? NEVER! I also don't go around kicking people when they're down... which is WHY I joined this thread in the first place cos the way you're all jumping on the guy is disgusting. But hey, that's what you do, right? :lol:

I thought you were all about the tough/honest love? The fact is, he responded like a spoiled brat and was histrionically talking about taking action that could backfire on him tremendously. Yes, we all jumped on that and said "what are you an idiot!? DON'T call the IRS, they'll get you too!" Yet he continues to insist he's done nothing wrong. Better he learn that he's being foolishly naive and ignorant here and now than learn it when he's arrested.
  • Options

I thought you were all about the tough/honest love? The fact is, he responded like a spoiled brat and was histrionically talking about taking action that could backfire on him tremendously. Yes, we all jumped on that and said "what are you an idiot!? DON'T call the IRS, they'll get you too!" Yet he continues to insist he's done nothing wrong. Better he learn that he's being foolishly naive and ignorant here and now than learn it when he's arrested.
    that's not how it looked like from here. He DIDN'T respond like a spoiled brat... he got sacked for a bullshit reason from a bullshit job that many of us have had and he came here to rant like many of us do. A little empathy can go a long way.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

that's not how it looked like from here. He DIDN'T respond like a spoiled brat... he got sacked for a bullshit reason from a bullshit job that many of us have had and he came here to rant like many of us do. A little empathy can go a long way.

bullshit reason?? he was using foul language toward another employee possibly within earshot of customers...not exactly the kind of employee i would want at my business...
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I don't know, he sounded pretty damn serious about the IRS idea. And he's been defending it ever since.

I also can't help but notice the parallel... he gets canned and rather than finding out why or trying to right things, he calls to tell the boss he's a jerk then claims he didn't do anything wrong and if he did he shouldn't be fired for it. Then he comes here talking about the IRS and rather than finding out if that's a good idea he complains about how we're all mean and that he didn't do anything illegal and if he did it's the employer's fault for making him do it. I see a pattern here of always playing the victim and never taking responsibility.

This is also the poster who made a thread whining about people unfairly parking in front of his building, despite the fact that it's a public street not a private lot. Once again... the world is being so unfair to him and he is never misinformed or unreasonable.

Of course, I can see how you would be totally on board with that sort of thinking ;)
    Post edited by soulsinging on
  • Options
    norm wrote:

bullshit reason?? he was using foul language toward another employee possibly within earshot of customers...not exactly the kind of employee i would want at my business...
    AGAIN... since when is one expected to be PC and not use foul language when working at a car wash? It's not like he's working in a fucking law firm or something. He's employed illegally and paid shit money and he can't say ASS?????????????????????????????????? :o What IS the world coming to with this PC bullshit. :roll:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

I don't know, he sounded pretty damn serious about the IRS idea. And he's been defending it ever since.

I also can't help but notice the parallel... he gets canned and rather than finding out why or trying to right things, he calls to tell the boss he's a jerk and he didn't do anything wrong. He comes here talking about the IRS and rather than finding out if that's a good idea he complains about how we're all mean and he didn't do anything illegal. I see a pattern here of always playing the victim and never taking responsibility.

This is also the poster who made a thread whining about people unfairly parking in front of his building, despite the fact that it's a public street not a private lot. Once again... the world is being so unfair to him and he is never misinformed or unreasonable.

Of course, I can see how you would be totally on board with that sort of thinking ;)
    :? whatever! You're obviously just here to go on about how wrong he is and you're obviously gonna continue even though you don't know the guy, never met him, never been to his employment :shock: it kinda defies belief really... but you're going to continue... so don't let me stop ya! :lol:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    AGAIN... since when is one expected to be PC and not use foul language when working at a car wash? It's not like he's working in a fucking law firm or something. He's employed illegally and paid shit money and he can't say ASS?????????????????????????????????? :o What IS the world coming to with this PC bullshit. :roll:

Yeah, what is the world coming to with all this PC, hand-holding "I'm so sorry you lost your job because of that big meanie" bullshit?
  • Options
    :? whatever! You're obviously just here to go on about how wrong he is and you're obviously gonna continue even though you don't know the guy, never met him, never been to his employment :shock: it kinda defies belief really... but you're going to continue... so don't let me stop ya! :lol:

Nope. But you've never met me either and that doesn't stop you from forming opinions about my character based on my posting, does it?
  • Options

Nope. But you've never met me either and that doesn't stop you from forming opinions about my character based on my posting, does it?
    well, you do get pretty opinionated and I can only go by what you post... so, if my judgement on you is wrong, you're obviously not being yourself online.

and he is a big meanie... it's people like his employer who have got us into this recession.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

PC?? what the hell are you talking about?

my point is if i'm a business owner i do not want my employees to use foul language or do anything thing else that might jeopardize me losing customers...because if i lose customers i lose my business...
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    well, you do get pretty opinionated and I can only go by what you post... so, if my judgement on you is wrong, you're obviously not being yourself online.

and he is a big meanie... it's people like his employer who have got us into this recession.

Ah, I see. So you can judge my personality by my posts, but I can't judge his personality by his posts? Have I got that right?

You may be partly right in that greedy and coercive employers played a big role in this recession, but the other part was played by people like the OP that took out loans they could never pay off and then later said "it wasn't my fault, they offered me the money and it wasn't MY responsibility to consider the ramifications of taking it!"
    Post edited by soulsinging on
  • Options
    norm wrote:

my point is if i'm a business owner i do not want my employees to use foul language or do anything thing else that might jeopardize me losing customers...because if i lose customers i lose my business...
    AGAIN... it's a car wash! If somebody takes offense cos somebody said ASS (not fuck, not cunt, not anything that SHOULD be taken offensive) well then that IS Political correctness gone completely lalalalala NUTS!

Seriously, sometimes I think it's a whole different WORLD over there :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    norm wrote:

AGAIN... it's a car wash! If somebody takes offense cos somebody said ASS (not fuck, not cunt, not anything that SHOULD be taken offensive) well then that IS Political correctness gone completely lalalalala NUTS!

ah forget it...much like the op you won't listen to reason
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

ah forget it...much like the op you won't listen to reason
    The guy said ASS at a CAR WASH... and that's a sackable offense? And that's reason??? Well if that's reason, you're right, I won't listen to it ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Helen- you are missing the point: the employee does NOT need a reason to fire him. He can just say goodbye, I don't want you here.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

Seriously, sometimes I think it's a whole different WORLD over there :oops:[/quote]

ah forget it...much like the op you won't listen to reason[/quote]
    The guy said ASS at a CAR WASH... and that's a sackable offense? And that's reason??? Well if that's reason, you're right, I won't listen to it ;)[/quote]

Could be. You or I may not fire him, but it's a legit enough reason, esp in this day and age of pc-ness, not to mention the crummy economy.

The op has stated several times that tax evasion isn't illegal, which makes me think he's alot less mature than he thinks.

Maybe he's been misinformed, but I have had several cash paying jobs since I was about 14 years old and that money has always been claimed.
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    So, OP - What exactly did your boss say about why you were fired? I mean, did the guy you made the comment to come and complain? Did a costomer or someone else overhear and complain? Was the guy you made the comment to pissed because you never told him where the tire shine was and gave him a hard time, regardless of whether or not you used the word ass? Could you give us some more specifics here?
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    One response to Helen's mouthfuls of crap.................he said "Up my ass!" not just ass. I believe there is a little difference just like between damn and goddamn.

The OP obviously was looking for sympathy but looked in the wrong place. He should have tried a High School. I employ about 20 aging from 18-30 and it seems to be a common attitude that nothing is their fault. Be it forgetting to switch off a light switch at night or getting arrested for fighting with the cops. He continually tells us throughout the posts that we are not listening when he apparently isn't paying much attention. I've read other whining posts by the OP and he's seems unable to realize that he's offsensive.

Sorry you lost your job dude but it's certainly not the end of the world and I believe you are equally culpable.
    #FHP
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    It seems to me that it was not the fact that he said Ass- it was more the disrespect to his fellow worker. Yes its a car wash- but its a job that respect should be given. Its a shitty job that a little respect makes life easier.

OP- no one is putting words in your mouth, we are just interpreting what your saying- and its that he is wrong and you are blameless. Tax evasion goes both ways. A poster above said something true- if you ONLY made 600 for the year then yes, you may not have to claim it. But since it was added income, you need to file a 1099.

I'm not trying to beat you down, but seriously, you broke the law too.
  • Options

LOL. You guys don't get it. I must have to say the same thing hundreds and hundreds of times before you finally begin to grasp understanding it. I am not upset, I am not bent out of shape, I have owned up to what happened and am ready to move on, I am not an immature little baby, I am a decent, hard-working, intelligent and mature man who can and will move on with my life and be just fine. I was simply angry in the heat of the moment. The original post was made the day I was fired. ANYONE would be upset over being FIRED the day it happened.

lollerskates, it definitely seems that way as you continue to reply to everything in a defensive manner. When did I call you an immature little baby?

I wouldn't say anyone would be upset for being fired. Many people see these things coming. It all depends on the job and surroundings.

Heat of the moment is fine, but if you're going to let the heat of the moment get to you so much that you want to make decisions that aren't very well thought out yet, and get on everyone else then your maturity level might not be as high as you think.

As far as your work ethic, I didn't comment on that either. I don't know about your work ethic, and no matter what you say your work ethic is like, I still won't know. Why you even bring that up? I don't know...that has nothing to do with this.
  • Options
    The former boss is a huge criminal. He has been evading taxes for DECADES. He has screwed the goverment out of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. This doesn't seem to be registering with anybody. He has been REPEATEDLY screwing the HELL out of the government and American citizens/taxpayers for a LONG time. The IRS frankly would be ALL OVER him in the event of an audit. Yet no one here seems to care and would rather defend him in regards to firing me.

By comparison, I worked there for TWO months and made LESS than 600 dollars. I legitimately filed my taxes for my other, legal job from 08. There is nothing to claim for the car wash job because I didn't make enough to claim. You don't claim income for a legal job and add under the table income to that.

I know what proper job behavior is. I made one very tiny lapse in judgment for a brief moment. That does not dispel my professionalism. My comment was not directed AT ANYONE personally. It was a general remark, the foreign co-worker MISUNDERSTOOD IT AND WRONGFULLY OVERREACTED.

In addition to that, (Norm pay attention here) the comment was made after hours. We were closed. There were no customers around. So, we couldn't have possibly lost any customers.

I find it quite amusing that a lot of you are accusing me of childishness. I never came out and called ANY of you ANYTHING. You started the name-calling. Nothing others say or do is because of you. It's because of themselves. If any of you want to call me childish or immature or whatever, then you clearly have insecurity issues to deal with.

Soulsinging - I was not serious about the IRS. I have said this about 5 times now. For someone who is supposed to be a lawyer, you sure have a very poor eye for detail. I was simply ranting/upset over the firing the DAY IT OCCURED. Something tells me I will probably have to type this again because I've had to re-say most things because nobody comprehends them. I did NOT call my boss a jerk or anything. I simply called, admitted I said what I said, and stated a firing for that specific reason is out of line. AGAIN, I KNOW bosses can do whatever the hell they want, but singling me out for something EVERYONE does (swearing/joking) is absurd.

Also, you're incorrect about the parking thing. I contacted the office and it IS in fact a private lot! The cars have since been towed. Stop making assumptions and incorrect claims!

Also, if one more person tells me to "get over it" or "move on" or something to that effect, I'm gonna explode. I KNOW. I GET IT.

I am not upset about it anymore. I was over it the very next day but people continue to post ridiculous comments as if I haven't said anything I've said.

Merlin - Why do I reply in a defensive manner? Because a lot of you are making unnecessary and sometimes flat out incorrect comments. I didn't say you PERSONALLY suggested any of those things, I am referring to things said collectively by multiple people. I did not make any decisions that weren't well thought out. There is a tremendous difference between typing something on a message board and actually making a real-life decision to take action about something.
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I would just go back there with the bottle literally up my ass and be like, "look dude, it's really up there, and i think Tolik put it there!"

or maybe i would just move on and get another job.

Hilarious.
    I just spent like 30 minutes reading this thread.
    That's a half hour of my life that I won't ever get back. How depressing...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    I'm not wrong that you are required to report what you made. Even if there is no record, you are required by law to report your income on your taxes. I play in a band. I don't make much and we usually take cash from the door. I claim it as income on my taxes, b/c I make more than a set amount every year.

The people that have "shown their true colors" are the ones are telling you how it really is. Sure, some of it is kinda harsh, but you kinda asked for it.

For the record, again, you are a hypocrite. Would you have reported him paying you under the table if you were never fired? It seems to me that you were planning on enjoying the benefits of not paying your taxes as much as him.

What you wanted was to post your big sob story and a bunch of people to come and feel sorry for you. Sure it sucks you lost your job, but there was a good enough reason. Go look somewhere else for sympathy, is the only thing I can tell ya.

Wrong, I legitimately filed my taxes for my legal job. There is nothing claim for the amount I earned in the TWO months I worked at the car wash. There are no taxes for me to pay on the car wash job! I didn't earn enough!

My former boss is a FELONY tax evader. He doesn't pay ANY taxes, PERIOD.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    your boss sounds pretty typical- asshole, greedy, doesn't give a shit.

probably a good thing that it worked out the way it did.

when I got fired I went off on my boss. felt great, fucking idiot. I had been working their longer than him or any of his management. the restaurant went downhill. he was later sued for sexual harassment and I believe arrested for cocaine possession. I went on to be a chef at a competing restaurant.

things work out;.

imo forget the tax issue, he'll get what's his.
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    your boss sounds pretty typical- asshole, greedy, doesn't give a shit.

probably a good thing that it worked out the way it did.

when I got fired I went off on my boss. felt great, fucking idiot. I had been working their longer than him or any of his management. the restaurant went downhill. he was later sued for sexual harassment and I believe arrested for cocaine possession. I went on to be a chef at a competing restaurant.

things work out;.

imo forget the tax issue, he'll get what's his.

Exactly! Thank you!
  • Options
    Do any of you arguing with me have any idea how ridiculous you sound?

"Yeah guys, let's stick up for Mr. Rich Guy Tax Fraud Asshole Carwash Owner, the FELONY TAX EVADER who treats his employees like total shit who used Music For Rhinos for working the bitterly cold months of December and January then picked a bullshit thing to fire him for as soon as it started getting warmer and busier and let's pick on the guy (who just so happens to be a fellow PJ fan) who barely worked there and made jack SHIT and was fired for an absolutely absurd reason."
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    this is nothing but 10 pages of flat out shit. its a fucking shit job why bother going on and on bout it, just let it go. my god the aet has sunk to a low.you wanted sympathy from people on here thats funny. had you gotten fired from a real job i think yea people woulda throw a bone but not some shit job like a car wash. go work for ups or fedex where there better paying jobs and dont do things illegally and are more unionized
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    The former boss is a huge criminal. He has been evading taxes for DECADES. He has screwed the goverment out of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. This doesn't seem to be registering with anybody. He has been REPEATEDLY screwing the HELL out of the government and American citizens/taxpayers for a LONG time. The IRS frankly would be ALL OVER him in the event of an audit. Yet no one here seems to care and would rather defend him in regards to firing me.

By comparison, I worked there for TWO months and made LESS than 600 dollars. I legitimately filed my taxes for my other, legal job from 08. There is nothing to claim for the car wash job because I didn't make enough to claim. You don't claim income for a legal job and add under the table income to that.

I know what proper job behavior is. I made one very tiny lapse in judgment for a brief moment. That does not dispel my professionalism. My comment was not directed AT ANYONE personally. It was a general remark, the foreign co-worker MISUNDERSTOOD IT AND WRONGFULLY OVERREACTED.

In addition to that, (Norm pay attention here) the comment was made after hours. We were closed. There were no customers around. So, we couldn't have possibly lost any customers.

I find it quite amusing that a lot of you are accusing me of childishness. I never came out and called ANY of you ANYTHING. You started the name-calling. Nothing others say or do is because of you. It's because of themselves. If any of you want to call me childish or immature or whatever, then you clearly have insecurity issues to deal with.

Soulsinging - I was not serious about the IRS. I have said this about 5 times now. For someone who is supposed to be a lawyer, you sure have a very poor eye for detail. I was simply ranting/upset over the firing the DAY IT OCCURED. Something tells me I will probably have to type this again because I've had to re-say most things because nobody comprehends them. I did NOT call my boss a jerk or anything. I simply called, admitted I said what I said, and stated a firing for that specific reason is out of line. AGAIN, I KNOW bosses can do whatever the hell they want, but singling me out for something EVERYONE does (swearing/joking) is absurd.

Also, you're incorrect about the parking thing. I contacted the office and it IS in fact a private lot! The cars have since been towed. Stop making assumptions and incorrect claims!

Also, if one more person tells me to "get over it" or "move on" or something to that effect, I'm gonna explode. I KNOW. I GET IT.

I am not upset about it anymore. I was over it the very next day but people continue to post ridiculous comments as if I haven't said anything I've said.

Merlin - Why do I reply in a defensive manner? Because a lot of you are making unnecessary and sometimes flat out incorrect comments. I didn't say you PERSONALLY suggested any of those things, I am referring to things said collectively by multiple people. I did not make any decisions that weren't well thought out. There is a tremendous difference between typing something on a message board and actually making a real-life decision to take action about something.
    So... if you knew he was a felon, why work for one? Your ranting up and down about how bad he was and he committing serious offenses- then why choose to work for someone you have no respect for?

And check irs.gov- it states that you have to file based on your GROSS income for the year. So the 600 is added to your gross income. therefore, you did not claim the money- so you are a tax evader too.

and a comment made after hours, but still on property is still cause for firing. If I said something sexual to a co-worker at the job, but it was after hours- I can still be brought up for sexual harassment. So comments said at work- no matter what time- can come back at you.

And no one is sticking up for your ex-boss- its more the fact that you don't see that YOU too are tax evading, and trying to seem like only one person is doing this.
This discussion has been closed.