what does this saying mean to you?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    ding dong. winner. take notes guys.

*makes dunkman proud* :D

ding dong is a great reply :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    im considering it. i figure it would be a good way to exorcise my demons. destroythe lives and happiness of other couples the way it happened to me ;)

Yes I think success IS the BEST revenge...........it really pisses the people who would love to see you fail off...............
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Cosmo wrote:
    Hey... I'm the nicest guy I know... just ask me... I'll tell you. It's true.
    And I've slept around... I'll admit it... I'm a slut. The difference between me and those so-called, 'Jerks' is... I care about the gals I sleep with. I always hope they are going to be the one I will live forever with. I'm not a one night stand kind of guy because I don't fall for the one night stand kind of women. I want the gal to see me in the daylight... sober... (and I want to see what she is like in the daylight... sober).
    My problem is... I still haven't met her yet. I thought I did... but, it wasn't her.... and I think I might have met her... but, let her go. Something I regret.
    So, if 'Nice Guys Finish Last' means you are the kind of guy that'll go South on your gal and make sure she cums before you even get to bang away, doggy style like sex-crazed weasles... then yeah... I'm a nice guy. A helluva nice fucking guy.

Sorry Cosmo. :D This post did just make think of FIGJAM. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Snake wrote:
    Well I wouldnt (Maybe thats why im single?) :D

How bout that old chestnut girls are brought up to believe?

"Treat em mean, keep em keen."

I'm still trying to work out if it's where I'm going wrong. I've never got the hang of it.

Maybe nice guys that finish last end up with the girls that can't treat em mean to keep em keen? :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    Yes I think success IS the BEST revenge...........it really pisses the people who would love to see you fail off...............

When I broke up with my fiance of 4 years, my Mum told me "the best revenge is to live well."
    She didn't mean that I needed to be successful by other people's definition of success but that if I lived my life happily and made it my goal to live well, my best life, I'd end up being happy with a good life and by that time I wouldn't care so much about what he was doing anyway. The beauty of it being that it would probably piss him off to see me so happy without him anyway. :) She was right of course! Mums usually are. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    I guess it's just an old saying with no scientific meaning, so don't let your lives be ruled by things like that....let reason be your guide.
  • Options
    Usually the nice guys are the ones that get shit on

Or the ones that dont get the girl, they'd rather go for the asshole rather then the nice guy

the nice guys get the GOOD girls
  • Options
    Humppphhhh.....

Sorry, I mean 'Bump.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Jeanie wrote:
    When I broke up with my fiance of 4 years, my Mum told me "the best revenge is to live well."
    She didn't mean that I needed to be successful by other people's definition of success but that if I lived my life happily and made it my goal to live well, my best life, I'd end up being happy with a good life and by that time I wouldn't care so much about what he was doing anyway. The beauty of it being that it would probably piss him off to see me so happy without him anyway. :) She was right of course! Mums usually are. :)

Yeah, that is cool that you were able to be able to see that truly materialize. Broken hearts are such a mess.......you know?

And I was thinking when I read your post, that another thing I didn't think of at first was that when we are living life, thinking about what makes us feel happy and successful, we end up mentally freeing ourselves from all of the thinking that we do that makes us feel so confined...........i.e., "what will happen if.........?", "what will so and so do, think, feel, etc. if I do this?"

It's like we break up with the person but then their ghost is around because we still keep on living in ways that have to do with the ways THEY will react to our lives or actions..........

does that make sense?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........