Options

what does this saying mean to you?

Comments

• Options
    well said. that goes both ways too. cos i hear nice girls complain about getting dumped for bitches and it's for the same reaons. like the perfectly sweet girl i've got now, who is just plain kinda boring.

Is she boring boring, or just has a boring persona?

Cos if it's the latter maybe you could try spicing things up a little? ;)

If its the former then well, I can't help you sorry!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    genie wrote:
    i do like your imagination, and your weird train of thought. :)
    thats all I needed, thanks!! :p:D:)
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Is she boring boring, or just has a boring persona?

Cos if it's the latter maybe you could try spicing things up a little? ;)

If its the former then well, I can't help you sorry!

i'd have to refer to your well spoken definitions, but i think the latter. just a total lack of spontaneity, willingness to take risks, etc. very predictable. we can't go out to dinner without her first looking up their menu and deciding before we've left what she wants to eat. like you said, it's utterly predictable. and that bores anyone, male or female. that's what hurts "nice guys"... insecurity and a fear of taking risks that might surprise her lest she not like it. they're too safe to be much fun.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    well said. that goes both ways too. cos i hear nice girls complain about getting dumped for bitches and it's for the same reaons. like the perfectly sweet girl i've got now, who is just plain kinda boring.

and too even if a girl is sweet and lots of fun, a guy will dump her in a split second for a pretty, brain-dead, gold-digging, psycho bitch
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    prism wrote:
    and too even if a girl is sweet and lots of fun, a guy will dump her in a split second for a pretty, brain-dead, gold-digging, psycho bitch

that's what I hope to be when I grow up...........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersu wrote:

if need be go get plastic surgery, then practice behaving bitchy, stupid, vapid, materialistic, and psycho until you have it down-pat and men will pay attention to you :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    if need be go get plastic surgery, then practice behaving bitchy, stupid, vapid, materialistic, and psycho until you have it down-pat and men will pay attention to you :)

yes, a stiff pr--k has NO conscience...........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    gue_barium wrote:
    "Nice guys finish last."

I've never really been able to fathom the logic behind this old saying.

What it means to me is in order to get the girl, the job or what ever in life you got to be an ass. Most girls like the bad ass over nice guy. Alot of jobs want a mean ass person rather a nice guy. Thats just what I feel.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    prism wrote:

and too even is a guy is nice and has a great sense of humor, a girl will dump him in a split second for a handsome, meathead, wealthy, asshole machoman.
  • Options
    writersu wrote:

have i mentioned i'm in law school? if you've got the looks, i've got the gold for you to dig. :)
  • Options
    and too even is a guy is nice and has a great sense of humor, a girl will dump him in a split second for a handsome, meathead, wealthy, asshole machoman.

nah...I left behind the handsome, meathead, wealthy, asshole machoman (you forgot "rides a Harley") by the time that I was 24. unfortunately by that time I already had two kids(not that i regret my kids in the slightest) with the idiot.

I'll take a nice guy over that shit anytime. must be why i'm alone cause all the nice guys are taken and I'll take being alone over being with an asshole
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    nah...I left behind the handsome, meathead, wealthy, asshole machoman (you forgot "rides a Harley") by the time that I was 24. unfortunately by that time I already had two kids(not that i regret my kids in the slightest) with the idiot.

I'll take a nice guy over that shit anytime. must be why i'm alone cause all the nice guys are taken and I'll take being alone over being with an asshole

and many other guys have left behind the "pretty, brain-dead, gold-digging, psycho bitch" for a girl who is sweet and fun. what's your point?
  • Options
    and many other guys have left behind the "pretty, brain-dead, gold-digging, psycho bitch" for a girl who is sweet and fun. what's your point?

that's why so many guys leave the nice, sweet, fun wife/s.o. that stood next to him and may have taken care of any kids as he worked his way up into a profitable career for the 20 year-old "pretty, brain-dead, gold-digging, psycho bitch"
    and of course there's the guys that once the 20 year old "pretty, brain-dead, gold-digging, psycho bitch" hit's her mid 30's he dumps her for another 20 year old of the same variety of bitch

despite their age most men don't give a flying fuck about a sweet and fun girl, all they want is the trophy. where as if a woman has half-a-brain she figures out that assholes aren't worth it by the time they hit their mid-20's or so
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    that's why so many guys leave the nice, sweet, fun wife/s.o. that stood next to him and may have taken care of any kids as he worked his way up into a profitable career for the 20 year-old "pretty, brain-dead, gold-digging, psycho bitch"
    and of course there's the guys that once the 20 year old "pretty, brain-dead, gold-digging, psycho bitch" hit's her mid 30's he dumps her for another 20 year old of the same variety of bitch

despite their age most men don't give a flying fuck about a sweet and fun girl, all they want is the trophy. where as if a woman has half-a-brain she figures out that assholes aren't worth it by the time they hit their mid-20's or so

A sweet and fun girl sounds like a nice prospect to me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    prism wrote:

well hey, on the bright side, at least you're not bitter about your past. think he's bangin the trophy wife now?
  • Options
    A sweet and fun girl sounds like a nice prospect to me.

that makes you an unique guy :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    well hey, on the bright side, at least you're not bitter about your past. think he's bangin the trophy wife now?

nah....I'm sure that she can't be bothered to actually give him any :p:)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    nah....I'm sure that she can't be bothered to actually give him any :p:)

yeah, clearly you're over it.
  • Options
    i'd have to refer to your well spoken definitions, but i think the latter. just a total lack of spontaneity, willingness to take risks, etc. very predictable. we can't go out to dinner without her first looking up their menu and deciding before we've left what she wants to eat. like you said, it's utterly predictable. and that bores anyone, male or female. that's what hurts "nice guys"... insecurity and a fear of taking risks that might surprise her lest she not like it. they're too safe to be much fun.

Well that is kind of boring boring! Male or female. Looking up menus and deciding what you want before you even get there is a bit wierd! Do you think you're compatible ? How long have you been going out with her?
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    have i mentioned i'm in law school? if you've got the looks, i've got the gold for you to dig. :)

Ok are you going to be a divorce attorney?

• Options
    prism wrote:
    that makes you an unique guy :)

Maybe.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Hey... I'm the nicest guy I know... just ask me... I'll tell you. It's true.
    And I've slept around... I'll admit it... I'm a slut. The difference between me and those so-called, 'Jerks' is... I care about the gals I sleep with. I always hope they are going to be the one I will live forever with. I'm not a one night stand kind of guy because I don't fall for the one night stand kind of women. I want the gal to see me in the daylight... sober... (and I want to see what she is like in the daylight... sober).
    My problem is... I still haven't met her yet. I thought I did... but, it wasn't her.... and I think I might have met her... but, let her go. Something I regret.
    So, if 'Nice Guys Finish Last' means you are the kind of guy that'll go South on your gal and make sure she cums before you even get to bang away, doggy style like sex-crazed weasles... then yeah... I'm a nice guy. A helluva nice fucking guy.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    So, if 'Nice Guys Finish Last' means you are the kind of guy that'll go South on your gal and make sure she cums before you even get to bang away, doggy style like sex-crazed weasles... then yeah... I'm a nice guy. A helluva nice fucking guy.

ding dong. winner. take notes guys.

*makes dunkman proud* :D
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options

yeah, on a really good date, you can skip the food and go onto the dessert or maybe the dinner is kind of fourplay as long as it isn't Italian food (it tends to bloat you and give you bad breath.........) but chinese food is ok, right?

I guess because I am currently not dating anyone I think of dating is really hot...........I once had this really cute neighbor that I still think about......wonder if his marriage is over yet........

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,552
    I think it it means, sometimes, I like it rough, pinned down, can't move, choke my neck style. So not nice...
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    Usually the nice guys are the ones that get shit on

Or the ones that dont get the girl, they'd rather go for the asshole rather then the nice guy
    u summed it up there and saved me work.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    Ok are you going to be a divorce attorney?

im considering it. i figure it would be a good way to exorcise my demons. destroythe lives and happiness of other couples the way it happened to me ;)
  • Options
    SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    I think it means sometimes you have to be willing to play dirty, cheat, or KILL... Ok maybe not the last one! :D But you get it!
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • Options
    gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    Snake wrote:
    I think it means sometimes you have to be willing to play dirty, cheat, or KILL... Ok maybe not the last one! :D But you get it!

To get the girl?

Nah.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Options
    SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    gue_barium wrote:
    To get the girl?

Nah.
    Well I wouldnt (Maybe thats why im single?) :D
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."