Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    "ryan started the fire...it was always burnin'..."

One of my favorite lines!!!!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I loved the bat scenes. Reminded me of a time when a bat got into the floor at this office I used to work at, so it made me laugh even more on reflecting on that amusing experience.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    when she said "i've gotten pretty good at reading the back of jim's head", did anyone else think anything sexual about that, or was it just me?

it was just you ;)
  • Options
    AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    smarchee wrote:
    I loved the bat scenes. Reminded me of a time when a bat got into the floor at this office I used to work at, so it made me laugh even more on reflecting on that amusing experience.

It reminded me of the scene in Christmas Vacation when the squirrel gets loose in the house.
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Jim pretending to be turning into a vampire, and Karen helping him with the prank were hilarious. Made moreso by the fact that Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer directed last nights episode.

Next week, JJ Abrams, of Alias and Lost creation fame, directs.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I also thought it was cute that Michael made Pam feel better. She did the same for him a couple of times in the past.

"Do you have something in your pocket?" "A Chunky."

I wonder why Jim didn't go to the art exhibit.

That was my favorite part. I was dissapointed that Jim didn't go. :( But I thought it was funny when Toby said, "My daughter's play is tonight. Damn!"
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    solid episode last night ...

motel art
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    lamperti77 wrote:

best post of the year, so far.

Definitely the best post of the year.

Pamcosso is hot!
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Definitely the best post of the year.

Pamcosso is hot!

Amen to that.
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    lamperti77 wrote:
    How about a pleasant comment? Or are you just an angry person? Comments on this thread and the ps3/360 thread were all negative and argumentative. Or am I just not noticing your pleasant comments?

Btw, Dwight falling off the desk was great!
    last week i thought it was the best episode ever
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    back on the negative train

dosw where are please side with me here

the office was horrible last night but not as bad as temps initiation and gay witch hunt
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

the office was horrible last night but not as bad as temps initiation and gay witch hunt

On the contrary I thought that was one of the better episodes from this season. Just great offbeat humor for the most part.

The episodes that have dissappointed me are (like those you mentioned) the overly talky, melodramatic episodes. The writers in general really just need to keep the pace of the show down and focus on the spontinatey of the situations they create. We don't need to constantly be updated on the Jim and Pam situation every other scene.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    It was an okay episode...not bad or good.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    last week i thought it was the best episode ever

I think thats the point though man. When 'most' people are ripping on an episode, you tear into them (weren't you the one that made the comment about how people thought Seinfeld lost it or no?). And then when 'most' people like an episode, you hate it. Its obviously just opinion vs opinion, but I can see how some find a few of your posts rather negative.

As far as last night, it certainly had its moments, but was far from the best episode of the year. Also thought it was far from the worst though too. As stated by libragirl, not bad or good.
  • Options
    [quote="

I wonder why Jim didn't go to the art exhibit.[/quote"]

I got the sense he was not explicitly invited
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

Meh, it was okay. Typical episode this season... it has it's moments, but overall is nothing more than "pretty good."

The Jim turning into a vampire thing was great though... that was vintage Office right there.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    DOSW wrote:
    Meh, it was okay. Typical episode this season... it has it's moments, but overall is nothing more than "pretty good."

The Jim turning into a vampire thing was great though... that was vintage Office right there.

How can you say something is "vintage office"... It's in its THIRD season... And you can't even call the first season a real season, seeing how it was six episodes long...

There's my rant for the day :)

**mumbles "vintage office..."**
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Brez wrote:
    How can you say something is "vintage office"... It's in its THIRD season... And you can't even call the first season a real season, seeing how it was six episodes long...

There's my rant for the day :)

**mumbles "vintage office..."**

just finished watching the first season on DVD, rented it from netflix since i missed the first two seasons. my favorite episode was the basketball game with the warehouse guys.

good stuff.
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Hahaha That was a wicked funny episode.... I'm gonna go watch it now
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    I Love the Office, and i'm glad i found this thread. The Office is one of (if not the) best shows on t.v. The new episode was hilarious, for sure one of the best of the season. Jim as a vampire was awesome!!
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    Creed is officially the funniest character on the show.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Omg This Is My New Favorite Soap Opera!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    drivingrl wrote:
    Omg This Is My New Favorite Soap Opera!

haha i know... that Roy thing was stupid
    pretty good episode though
  • Options
    Creed is officially the funniest character on the show.

This has been the case for a long time now. Especially since the guy only gets 1 line per episode IF we're lucky. I think there was 3-4 in a row where we didn't even see the guy.

I run a small fake id store out of my car.
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 512
    roy portrays the perfect republican, fucking asshole... earl was GREAT tonight to.
    If anyone asks i will answer now.... 'Whats the best band (TV show) to go see, including the opnening act?"

..hell thats Earl and the Office....

iloved how Dwight's primary interest was checking the equity of the house and how they toppled the 'opposites attract' notion between jan and michael, and letting it finally out that karen is a freak. Pams strength of character finnaly will let her realize that roy TRULEY is a piece of shit ("he loves the a-rt"), and toby can be a really cool guy, but he's gotto broaden his horizons and not always feel so sorry for himself
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    roy flipping out made it more real than farce tonight.

A+
  • Options
    double post

let the haters begin this was a far superior episode to last week
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    roy flipping out made it more real than farce tonight.

A+

I would concur that Roy flipping out was definitely "real" vs "soap opera". I would have been pissed too. Would I have broken shit in a bar? Depends how drunk I was!
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 512
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    double post

let the haters begin this was a far superior episode to last week

no, it was weaker, but not by much. was i the only one who recognized the spaggetti monster and blood splatter that resembeld pearl jam VFC tour poster in the art gallery... proboblly, but thats not at all why i think it was weaker, these things mean Nothing compared to content. Last week's episode was really really really good, so was this weeks was reall y relalskf lklreal skdlkrr realksf;lkajf lkdjlkj blah bal hao;sfsjdga;lsjdhgk;lsedhgjs;dhg;ksh.... the office rules, no comaprison anymore. the office rules
    we don't want war, but we still want more?