Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    No SNL
    No Letterman
    No Irving ( OR CBGBs- wherever the " secret show " is going to be )
    &
    lookin' for & more like
    No Round 2( or silver stanley ) for NYR

Oh and if this keeps up ( with the Devils winning ,....)
    perhaps :
    No NJ June 1 & 3rd Shows :eek:

[size=+5]- _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    No SNL
    No Letterman
    No Irving ( OR CBGBs- wherever the " secret show " is going to be )
    &
    lookin' for & more like
    No Round 2( or silver stanley ) for NYR

Oh and if this keeps up ( with the Devils winning ,....)
    perhaps :
    No NJ June 1 & 3rd Shows :eek:

[size=+5]- _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]

i think June 3rd is a deffinant

june 1st they would probably reschedule which would kick fuckin ass meaning I could go to that
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    i think June 3rd is a deffinant

june 1st they would probably reschedule which would kick fuckin ass meaning I could go to that

well, Stanley Cup finals run into the 2nd week of June, so who knows.
    just get the devils out of it so we can be sure.

lol
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    well, Stanley Cup finals run into the 2nd week of June, so who knows.
    just get the devils out of it so we can be sure.

lol

The Nets too. But I don't follow the NBA, so I have no idea how they're doing.
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    The Nets too. But I don't follow the NBA, so I have no idea how they're doing.

theyre not holding up well against Indiana - but its still early.
    they are down 2-1 in the series.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/story/412782p-349040c.html

Bad sign if J.D. signs off

The Devils had just shut out the Rangers Wednesday night, giving them a 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven set. The Garden was almost empty. And the viewing audience on the MSG Network surely had dwindled, too.
    About two minutes earlier, sensing it could be MSG's last Rangers telecast of the season, Sam Rosen, the play-by-play man, thanked the crew. Now, with the game over and MSG's postgame show about to begin, Rosen delivered another on-air message to his partner John Davidson.

"Big boy, thanks for 20 great years," Rosen said.

For a second, Davidson seemed to be at a loss for words.

"Yeah, it was a good time, big boy," Davidson said.

This is as close as anyone has come to receiving confirmation that Davidson will leave MSG's Rangers booth to become president of the St.Louis Blues. Publicly, Davidson has only said he will listen if Dave Checketts, the former MSG boss who recently purchased the Blues (that purchase is still pending NHL approval), has something to offer.

Still, there has been a lot of chatter in hockey and TV circles about Checketts offering Davidson a guaranteed five-year deal for significant dough. A deal that would be hard for Davidson to refuse.

If Rosen knows something and was saying goodbye, which means the end of a partnership that has served fans well, there are some important things to consider.

One is short-term: if Davidson does leave to take the Blues job, tomorrow could be the final time he works a Rangers game, albeit on NBC with Doc Emrick.

More importantly, if Davidson does split for St.Louis, a major part of his legacy will be his impact on the Rangers and hockey. Simply put, through all these years, through the ups and downs of this franchise, backed by the most loyal fans in sports, Davidson served as the Rangers' face, defender, conscience and soul.

While he was doing all that, Davidson accomplished something not easily arrived at. He created a style and persona all his own. He taught. He connected. He reported. At his best, Davidson was also fearless. On the local landscape there have only been three like him - Tim McCarver, Tony Kubek and Jim Kaat.

There is a flip side to these memories Davidson provided that cannot be ignored. Many nights during the nine-year playoff drought, he went soft on the Rangers. That was a fact often pointed out in this space. It was also noticed by fans who put a premium on objectivity.

And yet, there was one incident explaining where Davidson was coming from. It happened on a Tuesday night in late March 2000. Checketts has just fired GM Neil Smith and coach John Muckler. Davidson, looking shaken and somber, was on MSG's "SportsDesk" being interviewed by Bill Daughtry.

"It's a family around here," Davidson said. "The New York Rangers are a family. It's a rough day."

At that very moment it was not hard to realize why Davidson might have looked the other way. Maybe this was as simple as a guy feeling sorry for an organization that's meant so much to him.

After all, this was a team that defined him.

If this was Davidson's rationale, there was some nobility in it.

Peeling away the layers, there was always purpose and perspective in his words. Like in March 2001, when Theo Fleury hit rock bottom, going into substance-abuse rehab. People had every right to be judgmental. Davidson showed compassion. He talked about how his own father, Jack, was an alcoholic. Describing this part of his life was an uncomfortable exercise, but Davidson wanted to educate.

"For me it was sitting in the bedroom and hearing my parents try to deal with issues," Davidson said. "You try to hide from it. You get into dark rooms and things like that."

This was an unsettling moment for Davidson. He'd much rather turn the tables on himself. Like displaying his sense of humor while offering an on-air apology. One unusual moment came in 1995 during a Rangers-Islanders game. An MSG replay highlighted a Rangers fan extending his middle finger to the referee.

"Oh, jeez. Something about a bird there," Davidson said. "My apologies for the actions of that gentleman."

And my apologies if the broadcasting epitaph presented here today is premature. It would be a pleasure to be wrong. A thrill to play the fool. Davidson belongs in New York.

J.D., say it ain't so.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    JD rules but anyway tomorrow im going to the game

wish me luck!!..lol
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    JD rules but anyway tomorrow im going to the game

wish me luck!!..lol

The Best Of Luck To You !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    best of luck to a class act if he decides to go. too bad there isn't an opening for the rangers gm. i bet he does great. My favorite JD story is from a few years ago, when he took in a rookie rangers goaltender (can't remember his name) and let him live with him for the season. What an education that kid must have gotten. driving to the rink every day with John Davidson. I'll miss him as the voice of the Rangers (even though I've had a hard time coming back to hockey) I'll never ever forget his:

"And this one will last a lifetime"
  • Options
    best of luck to a class act if he decides to go. too bad there isn't an opening for the rangers gm. i bet he does great. My favorite JD story is from a few years ago, when he took in a rookie rangers goaltender (can't remember his name) and let him live with him for the season. What an education that kid must have gotten. driving to the rink every day with John Davidson. I'll miss him as the voice of the Rangers (even though I've had a hard time coming back to hockey) I'll never ever forget his:

"And this one will last a lifetime"
    wow- 1,000 replies here !

The goalie that lived w/ JD was Blackburn

already retired due to a bum shoulder
    :(

& FYI- not to sound like a dick but:
    actually, Sam Rosen said " ..this one will last a lifetime "
    JD made " Oh Baby " & " Fishnagels" popular on the MSG airwaves.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow- 1,000 replies here !

The goalie that lived w/ JD was Blackburn

already retired due to a bum shoulder
    :(

& FYI- not to sound like a dick but:
    actually, Sam Rosen said " ..this one will last a lifetime "
    JD made " Oh Baby " & " Fishnagels" popular on the MSG airwaves.

Blackburn was fucking awsome. I think a lot of his game was better than Lundquivst. And it sucks to see that he had to retire at only 19 years old.

I remember when they played in Montreal (where he is from) the Rangers won something like 3-1 or 2-1 and all the fans in Montreal gave him a standing ovation.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    morning boyz ... if that JD story is true,, it will suck but i wish him the best of luck,,,, 20 fuckin years wow im getting old !!!!!!!!!

ok today is our last stand,,if we cant find some type of emotion......

please lets not get swept..especially in our own house

leaving in a couple of hours for MSG... hopefully not for the last time this season.......

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!
  • Options
    Time to start praying again. Lets hope we can at least avoid the sweep in our own building.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    morning boyz ... if that JD story is true,, it will suck but i wish him the best of luck,,,, 20 fuckin years wow im getting old !!!!!!!!!

ok today is our last stand,,if we cant find some type of emotion......

please lets not get swept..especially in our own house

leaving in a couple of hours for MSG... hopefully not for the last time this season.......

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!!

shit your going today too? ill see you there...haha
  • Options
    [size=+5] -_/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]

[size=-2] Enjoy the Game, boys ! [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I was really impressed with the Ranger's fans tonight, and when the guys stayed on the ice after the game like that, that's was really something.

That was by far the best they played so far, and I gained alot of respect for them......

Go Devils Go !!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    I was really impressed with the Ranger's fans tonight, and when the guys stayed on the ice after the game like that, that's was really something.

That was by far the best they played so far, and I gained alot of respect for them......

Go Devils Go !!

Definitely the best they've played so far this series. But how many posts can you hit without it going in? They were saying something like 8 all series. An inch more in the right direction and it would've been a whole different series. Oh well, there's always next season. Props to the Devils, they are the hottest team in the NHL at the moment and the team to beat in my eyes. Looking forward to see what the Rangers do in the offseason. I think they need someone to QB the power play from the blue line, dump Ozalinsh and get someone decent, and someone else to help in the scoring besides Jagr. I wonder what'll happen to Weekes?

Thanks for a great season, even if they ran out of gas after clinching the playoffs. Considering I, and everyone else expected them to be horrible this year, they definitely proved they're a contender. When they don't fall apart at the seams.
  • Options
    great season to build on.. it was fun while it lasted

ok time for devils to lose so our concerts aren't affected

boys we will still communicate on this thread,,keep it going 4 ever

LET'S GO RANGER'S!! SEE YOU BOYZ NEXT YEAR AND THANX FOR A great season
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    great season to build on.. it was fun while it lasted

ok time for devils to lose so our concerts aren't affected

boys we will still communicate on this thread,,keep it going 4 ever

LET'S GO RANGER'S!! SEE YOU BOYZ NEXT YEAR AND THANX FOR A great season

where were your seats for the game?

me and my friend were just yelling FUCK YOU ASSHOLE FUCK YOU *clap clap* at this group of devil fans around the 3rd period...haha

they easily could have made it 4-4 with the last 4 minutes of the game, they had so many shots on goal within those minutes

but to get swept and then have the whole arena chant LETS GO RANGERS even though they lost must have been something for the players, i really do believe that we are the greatest fans, i dont think anyone else would have done that

there was so many fights going on today it was hilarious...this one devil fan in the 400s was getting beer thrown at him left and right and the security guy just stood there, it was great
  • Options
    where were your seats for the game?

me and my friend were just yelling FUCK YOU ASSHOLE FUCK YOU *clap clap* at this group of devil fans around the 3rd period...haha

they easily could have made it 4-4 with the last 4 minutes of the game, they had so many shots on goal within those minutes

but to get swept and then have the whole arena chant LETS GO RANGERS even though they lost must have been something for the players, i really do believe that we are the greatest fans, i dont think anyone else would have done that

there was so many fights going on today it was hilarious...this one devil fan in the 400s was getting beer thrown at him left and right and the security guy just stood there, it was great

yo dude i was up in my regular blue seats 411 not too many devs up there
    left w/ 3 minutes left because it was a fight waiting to happen
    i even saw a pushing match on the street.. 2 jersey kids in a benz got out and were going at it w/ 2 ranger's fans some pushing no blows
    the cops rolled up and watched the kids get back in car and continue screaming but didnt say a word to them funny shit
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yo dude i was up in my regular blue seats 411 not too many devs up there
    left w/ 3 minutes left because it was a fight waiting to happen
    i even saw a pushing match on the street.. 2 jersey kids in a benz got out and were going at it w/ 2 ranger's fans some pushing no blows
    the cops rolled up and watched the kids get back in car and continue screaming but didnt say a word to them funny shit

ah i was on the other side in 343 where my seats are

there was so many fights in the last 5 minutes it was great...the train ride home my whole car started a "fuck the devils" chant, haha
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

not sound like a dick but islanders fan did that at the dump against ottawa when they beat us and the islanders players wouldnt leave the ice for about 5 minutes. tough break guys but theres always next year. and its finally nice to have the rivalry back heres to the 06-07 season. RANGERS SUCK
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    nice playoff run.....

mods, feel free to lock this thread now.
  • Options
    mods, feel free to lock this thread now.

this is your first post on this thread, and thats your contribution?

pfffft

why would they lock it ?

fair warning :
    if they lock it, we'll be back !

oh yeah and congrats NJDs & Martin Brodeur( and various goalposts ). Without impacting our NJ Pearl Jam Shows- if they go on to win Lord Stanleys Cup,............ at least we can say we lost to the champs !

This guy still bleeds Ranger Blue
    Thanks NYR for a great season.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Jagr gave in and said he will wear the "C" on his sweater next year.

we all knew whos team this was, anyway.
    Turns out his shoulder was indeed dislocated- and he still came back and played games 3 and 4 . I think , along with his MVP season, he earned wearing the C on this team, in this city.

Hopefully, most of the roster will return ,( of course , not Ozolinsh ) and maybe even snag a few free agents out there this summer. ( Patrik Elias comes to mind - to give the Devils a payback ,... come join his fellow Czechmates,..;)
    I also hope that free agents Rucinsky & Straka make a retuirn to Broadway- i'm sure alot of Jagrs success was due to these guys being here and making him comfortable .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I think not wearing the C had something to do out of honoring Messier. At least in my opinion. Its also comforting to see the Flyers get blown out at home to send them packing in the playoffs. I'm so rooting for the Sabres to go all the way now, and the Oilers in the west. Any team that sends the Red Wings home early is alright in my book.
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    I think not wearing the C had something to do out of honoring Messier. At least in my opinion. Its also comforting to see the Flyers get blown out at home to send them packing in the playoffs. I'm so rooting for the Sabres to go all the way now, and the Oilers in the west. Any team that sends the Red Wings home early is alright in my book.

i agree that Messier might have had some influence, but Jaromir has said that the main reason was the language barrier. He said he now feels more comfortable with the NY press and city, so that he will go ahead and wear it next year.
    I agree with your point about that Oiler team knocking out the Wings.
    Also, I am really pulling for Carolina ( or whoever else may face the Devils down the road ) so that our NJ PJ shows arent affected. I really want Indiana to come back and take care of the NJ Nets also, but thats looking more and more unlikely now .

we need these NJ teams OUT of the playoffs, once and for all !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,514
  • Options

New York Rangers defenceman Sandis Ozolinsh, who spent six weeks of the season in a substance abuse program, was arrested on a drunk driving charge in White Plains, New York on Tuesday, according to various local reports.

The seven time all-star, who was acquired by the Rangers from Anaheim in March, was reportedly pulled over for speeding at 11am. The officer noted "a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage" and a sobriety field test revealed that Ozolinsh had a blood-alcohol level of .17 percent. That more than twice the legal limit of .08 percent.

Ozolinsh was charged with DWI, speeding and driving without a seat belt.

Ozolinsh was released without bail and is scheduled to appear in White Plains City Court on May 16.

Ozolinsh dazzled in his return to the NHL after being released from rehab. He was good enough to get the Rangers attention, and they swapped a third round pick to secure his offensive skills for he stretch run.

Although the Rangers faltered, Ozolinsh was fantastic in New York, netting 14 points in 19 games and a +2 rating to close the regular season.

The playoffs, however, were a different story.

Ozolinsh was pointless in the first three games, and drew boos from the Madison Square Gardens faithful after committing a series of defensive gaffes. The Rangers benched him for the final game as New York was swept in four straight by the New Jersey Devils.

Ozolinsh has a $2.75 million contract for next season.

The Rangers told Newsday they would handle the matter internally. Frank Brown, an NHL spokesman, told Newsday that Ozolinsh will be referred to a league after-care physician for an evaluation.

ah- so that explains everything!
    The guy was most likely drunk when he was out there pretending to play hockey for the New York Rangers !
    Hopefully, when they say " handled internally" means he will be excommunicated and sent off to a foreign land, far , far, away, forever.

way to go, Sandis.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    How's it going, Nick?

- I'm drunk.

Nah!

- I'm not bullshittin' ya. Got stinkin' shitfaced on the bus. Louise left me,
    and that son of a bitch over there keeps playin' me when he knows I'm shitfaced.

Jeez, I'm really sorry.

-Anybody throws me against the boards, I'm gonna piss all over myself.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?