Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I wont be able to stand seeing Leetchie in the black & orange.
    I hope he comes to his senses and calls Glen up this week .
    He can surely fit in the lineup, quarterback the blueline, maybe he'll help our sputtering PP, anything but a flyer
    c'mon Brian !

THAT WOULD BE DEVISTATING!!!! NOOOOOOO
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    maybe we'll get lucky and the Ducks will want Ozolinsch back out west,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    maybe we'll get lucky and the Ducks will want Ozolinsch back out west,...

pronger and niedemeyer on the pp is no joke wow

i wish they would ,,but w/ those 2 guys.... lol
  • Options
    flyers kicked our asses last night boy
    totally dominated most of the game

WE NEED A PP POINT MAN... CANT HAVE STRAKA BACK THERE ,,HE DOESN'T SHOOT ....UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:

WE NEED A PP POINT MAN...

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!

[size=+4] # 2 Brian Leetch ! [/size]

lets do this, brutus !

what the fuck are they waiting on, a press conference under the libertybell putting Leetchie in the black andorange ? :confused:

c'mon Sather/ NYRs
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    [size=+4] # 2 Brian Leetch ! [/size]

lets do this, brutus !

what the fuck are they waiting on, a press conference under the libertybell putting Leetchie in the black andorange ? :confused:

c'mon Sather/ NYRs

i dont get it bath,,, unless he just doesn't want to play here ..or anywhere else
    this pp could be awesome with a point man ,,instead it will be average at best

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i dont get it bath,,, unless he just doesn't want to play here ..or anywhere else
    this pp could be awesome with a point man ,,instead it will be average at best

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!

If I had to make a guess,..i think he still holds resentment from the events that led to his departure after all those years.
    Perhaps it has something to do with Grossman- his agent- or the final intangible- he's looking for the most possible $ .I dont think thatsthe case tho,...

who knows
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bathgate66 wrote:

that was pretty wasn't it... ;)

I don't think Leech will play this year. I know the Flyers seem interested but I don't see it happening unless Rathje sits the whole season and then is available for the playoffs. That way the Flyers have his salary to play with during the season. And I have to say, it was a nice home and home series. I mean back and forth play, alittle chippy and back to the feel of old Rangers/Flyers games. It bodes well for an exciting season in the Atlantic division.
    My biggest problem is the refs and pentaly calls. I mean how can there be any flow to a game that is stopped every couple of minutes for a penalty that had no bearing on play. I know the NHL wants to create a faster, more exciting, higher scoring game but its getting ridiculous and hopefully they'll maybe decide to let the players play for a bit. But I don't see that happening.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Pittsburgh tonight !

I always liked Dominic Moore- during his short time here in NYC . It will be weird seeing him in the Penguin black ( white ) and yellow. I wish him success- just not tonight !

Because the other rookie star Malkin is out for Pitts,we will also get a look at the 3rd Staal brother- this being the baby brother Jordan ( to Eric & Marc ) . Shame we've yet to see our Staal brother in the roster .

- _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ -
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    KASPAR THE ANGRY GHOST

By EVAN GROSSMAN

October 12, 2006 -- After sitting out the first three games of the season, Darius Kasparaitis finally reached his boiling point.

There is a chance he'll dress tonight against the Penguins, be it an outside one, but Kasparaitis stormed away from reporters yesterday in order to compose himself behind closed doors when discussing his level of frustration in missing games.

Tom Renney could be in danger of mentally losing his most physical defenseman, and in mid-sentence yesterday, Kasparaitis needed to excuse himself before potentially saying something that could have jeopardized the coach's willingness to put him in the lineup.

When asked if it was getting more and more frustrating to sit with each game, Kasparaitis said, "I don't know, really. I just try to be positive and work hard and think about my teammates, at least . . ." and then he was off and running. He disappeared into the players-only hallway outside the dressing room and privately peeled off his practice gear.

Renney said he will "have to defer until [this] morning" a decision on Kasparaitis, whose conditioning level is not up to par following summertime groin and shoulder surgeries, in the coach's estimation.

"I don't have a gun to my head or anything like that," Renney said in response to whether he'll make any roster changes after Tuesday's no-show performance against the Flyers. "I'm going to make a decision that's based on sensible information and I'll do whatever I think is right."

Tuesday's lethargic 4-2 loss was painful to watch, but it was even more excruciating for Kasparaitis, a player known for setting a physical tone with his crushing checks.

"When you're injured or you don't play, you always think you can make a difference," Kasparaitis said. "Of course, when you watch a game like that, you want to be there, maybe make a big hit or I don't know, just feel like you can do something, you know, impossible."

Kasparaitis, who will be required by Renney to pass an endurance test before he's cleared to play, stopped short of saying anything damning. He did return after cooling off and made no secret of his desire to get back in uniform.

"The best test is you just go and play and see where you're at," Kasparaitis said. "But whatever happens, happens. I'm just trying to work hard, stay positive . . . and whenever they decide, I'll be ready to play."

evan.grossman@nypost.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    3.3 fucking seconds left man. What a disappointment. Great game though. Plenty of back and forth play. But 3.3 fucking seconds? They left that side of the ice unguarded all game and Pittsburgh took advantage. Bastards. 3.3 seconds!
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    3.3 fucking seconds left man. What a disappointment. Great game though. Plenty of back and forth play. But 3.3 fucking seconds? They left that side of the ice unguarded all game and Pittsburgh took advantage. Bastards. 3.3 seconds!

and to top it off,

the puck clearly went in off that new Ranger Hall s skate, as he was poised right at the top of the crease .

Maybe it is time to give Henrik a rest- and see Weekes and how his injuries are doing .

and please,. still no word on Brian Leetch ?
    :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?page=notebook_1013

Leetch, for instance, has become the name of the week as Philadelphia GM Bob Clarke acknowledged chatting with Leetch's agent, Jay Grossman, about the defenseman's availability and desire to play. The Flyers (1-2 after beating the Rangers Tuesday night) are without Mike Rathje and newcomer Lars Jonsson along an already shaky blue line. The Leafs, likewise, will be without rear guard Pavel Kubina for several weeks with a strained ligament in his knee, an injury that adds to an already injury-depleted blue line in Toronto.

But don't expect Leetch to jump into the fray anytime soon. After signing early in Boston after the lockout, the veteran blueliner will be waiting patiently to make sure he finds a team where the fit works for both Leetch and the team, Grossman told ESPN.com. And that's assuming he decides he's going to play at all.

c'mon Slats

givem' a call,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    wonder if theyll play the game tonight ? :confused:

i hear there was like 2 feet of snow, and half the city is without power ! ? :eek:

if they do play , i read buffalo will be using 1970s retro jerseys . We wont get to see the new godawful ugly jerseys until they come down and hit MSG .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Fucking Horrible..

Defense Is In Shambles

Someone Needs To Stick Up For Jagr

Let's Go Ranger's!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    Fucking Horrible..
    Defense Is In Shambles
    Someone Needs To Stick Up For Jagr

gee,

maybe its time to call Leetchie ( hes moved back up to Boston where his son is enrolled in school- but hasnt started skating yet )

and Tom Renney- hey, maybe-

just maybe-

its time to put Kasparaitis into the lineup-

he surely adds some " zest " to a non- feared defensive unit.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    oh yeah and devils tonight.

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    gee,

maybe its time to call Leetchie ( hes moved back up to Boston where his son is enrolled in school- but hasnt started skating yet )

and Tom Renney- hey, maybe-

just maybe-

its time to put Kasparaitis into the lineup-

he surely adds some " zest " to a non- feared defensive unit.

i think he is playing tonight,,,hopefully, somebody who will throw a check or something ,, instead of letting dudes just stand there
    we need to right this ship quick ,, i hate losing

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • Options
    nice

that game had a little bit of everything.

even a shorthanded goal !

nice to see Darius back ( Happy Birthday, Kaspar ! ) and somehow i cannot help but feel his presence lifts the team up in some way,..

cullen is a speedster ! :eek: And getting shanny is looking better and better every night!

Lets Go Rangers.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    thats the team we expected,, nice game

alot of good chances

betsy holly and ward awesome game

refs tried to fuck us

pk and henrik were top notch

good to have kaspar back

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
  • Options
    Leetch, back to Boston ?

I had read he went back up there because his son is enrolled in school up there- but now we need to read this " Insider " article from ESPN ( Please NYPJ1 ? )
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl%2ffeatures%2frumors

Ovechkin hiding an injury ? ? :eek: :eek: :confused:

we need a cut and paste job, buddy
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I GIVE BETTER SERVICE THAN A HOOKER LOL HERE YA GO Is Ovechkin hiding an injury?
    Oct 17 - Is Alexander Ovechkin playing with a groin injury? Depends on who you ask.
    The Russian newspaper Sports Express reported this past weekend that Ovechkin, the NHL's rookie of the year last season, has been playing hurt.

On Monday, Washington Capitals GM George McPhee denied the reports. "Not true," McPhee was quoted as saying in The Washington Times.

The newspaper stated in a report following the Caps' 4-3 overtime loss to the Thrashers that Ovechkin was being treated for the injury.

Ovechkin has also repeatedly denied the rumors, but speculation hasn't stopped as the Russian star has been viewed to have a slow start to this season. He has two goals and two assists in four games, but the two goals came in the same game against Carolina. Outside of that game, he has not scored any other goals, including four preseason games.

Monday, October 16
    WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

Curtis Joseph
    Coyotes Coyotes? Coyotes say CuJo not on block
    Oct 16 - Phoenix Coyotes GM Mike Barnett denied numerous reports out of Canada that the team is considering trading goalie Curtis Joseph after a rough start.
    Joseph has allowed 12 goals in eight periods over the Coyotes' 1-4-0 start. Barnett said the team is not "in the market" for another netminder.

"We believe in this group," Barnett was quoted as saying in The Arizona Republic. "There are 78 games left to play. Individuals coming together doesn't happen overnight. Continuity lends itself to familiarity, which lends itself to success. We don't have that good fortune right now, but the only way you get it is through experience."

Brian Leetch
    Bruins Flyers? Leetch working out in Boston
    Oct 16 - With rumors swirling that Brian Leetch might soon return to the NHL, the veteran defenseman is reportedly back on the ice.
    According to a report in the New York Post, Leetch has moved back to Boston as his son attends school there and will return to skating after nearly a month off.

With the Flyers' Mike Rathje out indefinitely with a herniated disk (see below), the team had talks with Leetch's agent, Jay Grossman.

"Brian has not made any decisions about the season so far," Grossman told the Philadelphia Inquirer last week. "We've been contacted by a number of teams about playing this season. There are a number of things Brian has to sort through. He's made no decision in his personal situation."

The Inquirer added that GM Bob Clarke has spoken with Grossman, but not with Leetch directly.

According to the report, Leetch wants to remain in the Eastern Conference because he still lives in New York, where he helped lead the Rangers to a Cup in 1994.

Leetch, 38, had 32 points and was a minus-10 in 61 games last season with the Boston Bruins.

Mats Sundin
    Maple Leafs Maple Leafs? Sundin's future unclear
    Oct 16 - After Mats Sundin's historic Saturday night, reports out of Toronto are speculating on what the future holds for the veteran center.
    Sundin has said many times that he wants to remain with the Maple Leafs for the rest of his career, a sentiment he reiterated again after his hat trick Saturday pushed him to 500 career goals.

The snag -- and speculation -- surrounding the Leafs is whether the team wants to make that kind of cap commitment. Sundin's contract runs out after this season, with an option for 2007-08. A report in The Globe and Mail on Sunday said that if the Leafs picked up that option, they'd owe $6.33 million against the cap, but Sundin's salary will be $4.56 million.

Still, there is a chance Toronto will decline Sundin's option and still keep him. The report speculated that GM John Ferguson could kick the option and yet sign Sundin to a new, more cap-friendly deal.

Jason Allison
    Maple Leafs Hurricanes? Allison to Carolina?
    Oct 16 - With Jason Allison still out of work, a report out of Canada suggests the Carolina Hurricanes might want to pick up the veteran free-agent center.
    According to hockey scribe Eric Duhatschek of The Globe and Mail, Allison might be a good fit for the defending Stanley Cup champs, who have gotten off to a rocky 2-3-1 start.

With a return to the Maple Leafs out of the picture, Allison is still without a deal. He reportedly turned down a $1 million offer from the St. Louis Blues during the offseason.

According to The Globe and Mail report, several Russian teams have expressed an interest in Allison, but the veteran didn't want to play overseas.

Allison, 31, had 17 goals and 43 assists in 66 games last season with Toronto.
  • Options
    thanks buddy !
    no breaking news there, i hope that he can work something out , and go out in the red white and blue. He certainly wouldnt hurt our current situation, thats for sure. Im sure they could put Rachunek back down to the Wolfpack,...probably pair him up with Rozsival , or maybe Hall.
    I will be very pissed if they sign ( or bring up ) Ozolinsch, instead of Leetchie .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    welcome dude

we all agree we can use leetchie ,, fuck that ozolinsh he would help the PP
    but the turnovers and the pinching far outweigh the good things
  • Options
    just finished watching the replay of the game last night.

The refs calls were herendous - only calling the penalties if the guy wore blue.

Im happy we won, but 2 things stand out :

1 ) Colin White needs a good ass kicking

2 ) Janssens needs an even bigger ass kicking

that is all
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    welcome dude

we all agree we can use leetchie ,, fuck that ozolinsh he would help the PP
    but the turnovers and the pinching far outweigh the good things

While I was either at the game on Thrursday or playing NHL2K7 for Xbox with my brother and his friend, my brother asked me Ozolinsh's status, and I said he was out with a knee injury, he said that sucks, I screamed at him, "WTF? He sucks! Good thing he's hurt! The drunk bastard!" To which his replied, "wow, you're not a nice person!" =)
  • Options
    Nashville is a rare opponent

last time they played prucha had 2 goals.

he's about due to go off on a scoring binge , anytime now-

but Petr- ya gotta shoot the puck !:mad:
    9 shots on goal,.. in 6 games ( 5 pts/assists ) ? :confused:

c'mon petr get nice

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options