The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Fine with me...I'd rather a big time lineman anyways
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Nasty. They need to piss off with this shit and just keep the same sets for back to back years for a change.
    Rygar wrote:
    Nasty. They need to piss off with this shit and just keep the same sets for back to back years for a change.

Some are brutal, eh?

I'm a sucker I'll probably buy the Flyers one

:o

Some are brutal, eh?

I'm a sucker I'll probably buy the Flyers one

:o
    I need one of the new Reebok jersey's, and I have a nice Koivu CCM jersey, and that'll do for me ;)
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I hope the Flyers don't get Sundin or even try.... that said, the article skipped another possiblity to free up cap space. Dumping both Knuble and Upshall would free up about $7mill in cap... probably not enough for Sundin but a possibility nonetheless.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    I hope the Flyers don't get Sundin or even try.... that said, the article skipped another possiblity to free up cap space. Dumping both Knuble and Upshall would free up about $7mill in cap... probably not enough for Sundin but a possibility nonetheless.
    Depends on whether or not you believe Sundin. If you do, $7 million is enough.
    Rygar wrote:
    Depends on whether or not you believe Sundin. If you do, $7 million is enough.

Honestly, I like the makeup of the Flyers right now and don't wanna screw with it unless it is to get a solid D-man. To me, bringing in Sundin would be like bringing back Forsberg and we all saw how well that worked out for the Flyers.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    chromiam wrote:
    Honestly, I like the makeup of the Flyers right now and don't wanna screw with it unless it is to get a solid D-man. To me, bringing in Sundin would be like bringing back Forsberg and we all saw how well that worked out for the Flyers.

yea but forsberg was hurt

if sundin is healthy ,,the man can play
    chromiam wrote:
    That's true.
    I'm hoping Montreal lands him, because we wouldn't have to give up much of worth to fit him in. I expect Sundin to end up in Vancouver or Toronto though. Maybe NYR.
    And NY PJ1 is right - Sundin can indeed play.
    I'm torn with the Sundin talk

He can definitely still contribute...but I would not get rid of Carter to make room

The O-fence is fine we need D help

On another note...If I ever meet Bill Clement I have to bust his balls for doing play-by-play the other day on the Olympics ping-pong matches..LoL

Bryan Berard to get a tryout with the Flyers.... thoughts??

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    I thought he already 'proved himself' in comeback fashion?
    If he's gotta do it twice (or more), I say pass. You never know though.
    chromiam wrote:

Is this an indication of how desperate the D is ?

Is this an indication of how desperate the D is ?

I don't know if its desperation... think it might not be a bad idea to see if Berard could be a nice 6th Dman on this team... who knows...

Admin

Flyers to add 2nd preseason game at Spectrum vs Phantoms??? Could be...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20080828_Flyers_could_add_second_preseason_game_at_Spectrum.html

Admin

• PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    chromiam wrote:

That would be sweet. Did anyone get tix for the Sept. game?
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
    PJSerf wrote:
    That would be sweet. Did anyone get tix for the Sept. game?

they went on sale???

Admin

• PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    chromiam wrote:
    they went on sale???

Nevermind, I thought they did.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
    Sounds like the Spectrum farewell is shaping up to be a great night...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20080829_High___Inside__Spectrum_of_memories.html

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    Sounds like the Spectrum farewell is shaping up to be a great night...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20080829_High___Inside__Spectrum_of_memories.html

Wow the big E !!!

That would be interesting

Wow the big E !!!

That would be interesting

I'd love it... would make a great night even better. Might even get me looking for some scalper tickets.

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    I'd love it... would make a great night even better. Might even get me looking for some scalper tickets.

I may have a hook up for tickets if you're interested

I may have a hook up for tickets if you're interested

definitely let me know... I'll try the usual routes first but might be tempted to go to the preseason game especially if I can't get a few home opener seats.

Admin

• My drinking team has a hockey problem

• pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Just saw this thread and had to jump in to say hello to fellow FlyGuys' fans. I'm sure I'll offer plenty of irrational opinions as the season gets going.
    Just a note: the NHL Network is in the middle of airing the Eastern Conf. Finals against Pgh. If you're a masochist like me, you might wanna watch the train wreck again. I forgot just how bad our D was without Timonen. Ugh. I'm sure Bryan Berard will step right in to shore things up. ;)
  • lralle wrote:
    Just saw this thread and had to jump in to say hello to fellow FlyGuys' fans. I'm sure I'll offer plenty of irrational opinions as the season gets going.
    Just a note: the NHL Network is in the middle of airing the Eastern Conf. Finals against Pgh. If you're a masochist like me, you might wanna watch the train wreck again. I forgot just how bad our D was without Timonen. Ugh. I'm sure Bryan Berard will step right in to shore things up. ;)

Welcome aboard !

We're Flyers fans we are all irrational ;)

Yeah I saw the first game was playing on there I turned it on right when Richards scored in game 1...then I went back to watching my lawn grow

:D

LET GO FLYERS! *clap clap clap clap clap* LETS GO FLYERS! :)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    well Big E won't be attending but it should still be a great night...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20080904_Lindros_explains_declining_farewell.html

Admin

chromiam wrote:
    well Big E won't be attending but it should still be a great night...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20080904_Lindros_explains_declining_farewell.html

Eff him...loser..
    Shows: