Options

Hezbollah started this

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    I never said that any of those situations are worse now. For the most part, all of them are now better than they were.

The oppressed in the world should not do nothing. They should first reject oppression. This means not participating in their oppression or becoming oppressors.

You cannot think of an example where peaceful methods have ended oppression??? This says much about your world view. You may start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neolithic_Revolution

and here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/17th_century_philosophy

and here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_Revolution

Ok, I think you're now losing credibility and or a grip of the ongoing discussion.

So the ability to farm the fields en masse, or to spin yarn, en masse, has what to do with tyrannical oppressive regimes?

Can't remember a field of corn killing a man, or a lack of yarn oppressing millions of people.

Strange posting given your history of well thought, reasoned rhetoric.

Please try to stay on topic, and off the waccy baccy.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    OH! One more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velvet_Revolution

I named my band after that one... "Vital Revolution" meaning "healthy" Revolution...

That's more like it!

Though I would say the ending of Soviet Unions grip on Eastern Europe had more to do with the changes in Russia itself. Perestroika and all that. Or, if you're AMerican, you can believe Ted Turner, who thinks he single handedly brought down the wall.

Nonetheless, good call!

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    Infinity_NowInfinity_Now Posts: 188
    I completely agree.

You are not the only one to sacrifice reason for simplicity.

Here's one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_Accords

"Almost logical". Yes. Almost.

If you believe that Israel leaving Lebanon would stop the attacks, perhaps you should read the Hezbollah charter. Or perhaps you should realize that Israel did leave Lebanon 6 years ago.

Ah - I didn't say "leave Lebanon." I said, "disarm."

I meant it - disarm and the terrorists don't have a leg to stand on. Gandhi did it, so can they...
  • Options
    OK - bed time - I learned a lot - thank you and good morning.
  • Options
    danmac wrote:
    Ok, I think you're now losing credibility and or a grip of the ongoing discussion.

You really don't need to begin each of your posts with a commentary about your perception of my performance. This isn't a football match.
    So the ability to farm the fields en masse, or to spin yarn, en masse, has what to do with tyrannical oppressive regimes?

The ability to farm fields en masse has much to do with oppressive regimes. On the one hand it helps humans deal with the "oppressive regime" of the harsh realities of nature. It also allowed humans the opportunity to ditch the oppressive regime of religious mystics that dominated pre-agrarian societies. Unfortunately many humans chose to simply replace those religious mystics with new ones, but many did not. It also allowed human beings to take a very large step towards self-reliance. Self-reliance is the primary antidote to oppression. On the other hand, it gave rise to civilization itself, the product of which can be new forms of oppressive regimes.

The industrial revolution represents a very large step away from the oppressive regime of manual labor. To task a machine with a job leaves you free to explore other pursuits. It also often makes tasking another human being with the job via slavery unattractive. The precepts of the industrial revolution coupled with a system of trade gives men the ability to turn to one another as honest partners to make their lives easier and less encumbered. Of course there is still much abuse possible.

Each of these "revolutions" represents a step of human progress. Each has inherent and significant merits that allow men to be more in control of their own lives and to therefore reject oppression. But such progress cannot make decisions for men. An industrial revolution can produce dynamite, but it's still up to the men who make it to either use it to build a bridge or use it to destroy one.

The same cannot be said about war. War is an end, not a means. The means to war is hate and fear and violence and terror. Certainly, once a war is over, men can choose to live more freely. But that choice existed before the war.

Palestinians, today, can choose peace. They can destroy the arms stored in their mosques and basements. They can expel the warmakers from their ranks. I will not apologize for their failure to do so nor will I accept an apology for it.

Israelis, today, can choose peace. They can destroy the arms stored in their hangars and armories. They can expel the warmakers from their ranks. I will not apologize for their failure to do so nor will I accept an apology for it.
    Can't remember a field of corn killing a man, or a lack of yarn oppressing millions of people.

A field of corn can't kill a man. The lack of a field of corn can. Do you think, sans agrarian revolution, there would be 6,000,000,000 human beings on this planet????

A lack of yarn cannot oppress millions of people. But yarn can put a shirt on a mans back to protect him from the elements.
    Strange posting given your history of well thought, reasoned rhetoric.

That "history" you refer to is one you've impugned time and time again in the process of debate with you. I'd suggest, again, that you withhold judgment.
  • Options
    Ah - I didn't say "leave Lebanon." I said, "disarm."

I meant it - disarm and the terrorists don't have a leg to stand on. Gandhi did it, so can they...

The existence of Israeli arms is not an excuse to commit the same crimes. You cannot honestly tell a man to disarm while sitting on a pile of rockets. Gandhi did not tell the British to disarm by firing rockets into their houses.

Regardless, an Israeli disarmament would not stop Hezbollah. They wish to destroy Israel, armed or not.
  • Options
    You really don't need to begin each of your posts with a commentary about your perception of my performance. This isn't a football match.

blah blah blah

That "history" you refer to is one you've impugned time and time again in the process of debate with you. I'd suggest, again, that you withhold judgment.

Must, get, back, on topic....You're almost there.

As for your last point, it is a statement of opinion, not a judgement, and therefore subject to change.

So yeah, where were we, the 21st century and oppressive regimes, or out in the fields striving for my days corn...

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    ruudruud Posts: 34
    shiraz wrote:
    "so because hizballah are terrorists they have to slaughter the lebanese people":

No, as I said many times before (including this thread), hizballah's actions required A reaction, me and most Israeli public think our unavoidable response was not measured, but besides having a massive protest (there was one yesterday in Tel Aviv) about it there is nothing we can do - the damage has been done.

"oh look at that woman and her child in disguise we musnt let her get away she might be a great grand nephew's cousins great uncles sisters boyfriend of hizballah descendants":

Funny, during one of the ground operations 2 or 3 days ago, the IDF found a severe wounded Lebanese woman and her child, rescued both of them and transfered them into an Israeli hostpital. I guess this stories are easy to ignore, ha?

"Yes i am mocking the israeli strategy because they should be sued for war crimes. The thing about the arab world is at least we stick together as arabs and sometimes choose to let the religion get out of the way":

Sometimes, really? Well, I wish. Really, I'm not kidding.

"Take a look at lebanon, sure you got racism and the mockery of religion between people, but id like to see a more succeful state of peace than the one achieved in lebanon over the past decade where the country has strived together marched out in millions in a demonstration for the freedom of their country":

Everything here is true, but you forgot something - Lebanese people & gov did it all except releasing from Hizbollah-Syria-Iran cables. If the arab world is so united, then how come no one helped you to get rid of Lebanon's chains? have you ever really asked for help?

"anyone forget the assasination of our prime minister. for those of you who have been to lebanon, he built almost every building in site, at least he did osmething positive. and he was killed beacuse of his refusal to join the syrian regime. Now you dont call that standing up against syria and hizballah? you dont at least consider that one man inside the governemnt at least tried to refuse syria and hizballah's contron of our country. well they killed him":

Check up one of my posts in page 5 or 6 of this thread, I actually metioned the whole thing but no one except me, an Israeli women, thought it worth further discussion.

"And then shriaz you talked about pain of the israeli. sure teveryone suffers pain but what type of pain. im talking abouit running from home, bodies on the street fire and rubble. not oh whats going to happen to the value of my home, or where am i going to go for my summer vacation this time. In my opinion shiraz ISRAEL has yet to FEEL the pain they have put on the Palestinians and the Lebanese":

50% of northern Israel run away (including my brothers and sisters family), the other 50% actually lives in shelters - like me. I'm not even gonna try claiming you are suffering less than we do, but get this - BOTH of us are suffering, both of us got casualties and demolished houses. would it make you feel better if 300 Israeli civilians would die? I don't think so. I know the people around here don't wish the Lebanese people any bad things to happen, and are really opposing to hurting innocent civilians.

"no way anyone could ever covince me otherwise because you would have compleltly ignored what has happened this last week, whast has been going on the the poor palestinians who defend themselves with goddam rocks":

Both Israel and palestinian are to blame, its not as simple as you display it, and it is irelevant to what's going on in Lebanon.

"and yet you still believe that you can match fire with fire. sorry lads its not fire its a kid throwing a rock at a tank, and the tank turning around and blowing him to bits because he threatened"

And throwing rockets to Israeli town of Sderot, and sending suicide bombing across Israel, kidnap civilians and soliders... do you want me to continue? Like I said, it is not a black or white situation.

"to the israeli's i say take a look at yourselves and be ashamed. how can you not be":

But we are, and if you had just bothered to read any of my posts or actually talk to the average Israeli man, you would have knowen it.

"they hoesntly believe that after all these years the palestinains will give up, to me they have proved th emost relentless coruageous brave people on the face of this planet"

We don't want them to give up, we want them to have their own country, that's why we offered them one in 1997, that's why we moved out of Gaza, that's why we were suppose to get out of other areas, however Hamas decided to launch rockets at Sderot instead of continuing with the diplomatic process that Sharon had started with Abu Mazen. Once ogain, we are not the only one to blame.

"no marine or soldier of any kind could withstand what they are going through and the misery of having the world put your life on mute and look away"

Believe it or not, no one really cares about Israeli civilians either, not even our gov. Putting my life on mute is something that I wish I wouldn't feel. The problem is, I feel that way almost everyday of my life.

"do these soldiers not feel? do the pilots of these jets not think twice about their family?"

Does the Hamas have feelings? don't they care about the Israeli civilians and their family before bombing themself? don't thay care about sending 14-15 or 16 years old kids to bomb themself up? what about puting little Palestinian children in the front thier guns? Again, both sides are to blame.

"if someone from mexico were to drop a bomb on an american terrirotory all hell would break loose. no kidnapping no mercy. just like here. however if some israeli's decide to nuke a few arabs thats fine so long as they can cover it up with a good enough excuse"

I don't think someone really thinks that way, I know for sure that Israeli civilians don't, and so are many other civilians & nations across the globe.

Take care,

Shiraz

hey there, i appreciate the thorough reply and i understand and velieve almost everything you have said. its been a while since i read back at this and usually i try and slip in my opnion after well into the conversations and debates have started.
    all i can say is that from hearing what you said there is fair amount of pain being shared across these three countries. as for the thigns i said about the arabs suffereing, it may not seem liek it, but i said it because for once id like the outside world to not sympathise with us, because they haev, but i want them to do something and realise the israeli's arent the only onces suffereing. and the way i meant it isnt to compare pain its to simply say that its incredible humerous how much israel's death count is analyzed and reported on compared to ours. im not sure how larege the death count was but it ws one of the earlier bombs from hizballah that hit a cafe i believe and i think i said this before i dont believe how i even memorized the liens the reporter would say about the poor few men who died. i sympathise, but they have the attention of the world, just like in iraq like how when one guy dies they interview his whole family and actualyl tell you what his hobbies were. i dont want that, i want coverage i want peopel to know and i want the world and cnn to stop feeding the world false information and treating the fallen israeli's as royalty. people should all eb terated the same, they havent done that to our people. NOW i KNOW that there are many israeli's still living a shit life and i know its not all the same mindset for israelis but our country suffers. i cannot blame the people on behalf of the actions of soldiers and the government but you cannot tell me they stand corrected at what they are doing JUST BECAUSE HIZBALLAH IS DOING IT i want peopel to know that if i could id shoot nasrallah, but tahts far from the point im saying, i do not want this mindset" if hizballah can bomb, we can bomb" no you can defend but shouldnt have retaliated with immediate invasion of southern lebanon you escalated it and you messed with iltempererd self centered egotistical arabs known as hizballah who run in the name of God. thats it.
    As for hamas i brought taht in because its horrifying to see that these two peoples are still going at it and they cannot find a solution. anything is better than what is happening now. and hamas, i dont support either because all groups that divide from the country are in search of revenge no matter how they put it or what they state to be their claims... you know that. jus tlike hizballah. my fear is lebanon will do exactly what palestine did, divide into little groups but not a civil war like situation, and each group will claim that they know how exactly to stand for their country and how to defeat israel. not one of them can or will. but it hasnt happened just yet just because of people like me and almost half of the people who marched out on march 14.
    we were almsot compeltly united forgetting the little wars that go on almsot daily through life between all religions... and one quick reaction sparked this all. it is not fair for the people, our people, your people, for the people's religion. thank you for being considerate and raelistic in your replies and view on all this.
    see you
    "If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." John Lennon

My god its been so long, never dreamed you'd return, but now here you are, and here i am.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    ruud wrote:
    hey there, i appreciate the thorough reply and i understand and velieve almost everything you have said. its been a while since i read back at this and usually i try and slip in my opnion after well into the conversations and debates have started

Hi, what's up? about your "late" response - it's ok, better late than never.
    ruud wrote:
    all i can say is that from hearing what you said there is fair amount of pain being shared across these three countries. as for the thigns i said about the arabs suffereing, it may not seem liek it, but i said it because for once id like the outside world to not sympathise with us, because they haev, but i want them to do something and realise the israeli's arent the only onces suffereing.

Even my own govt hasn't done a thing for us who are living in northern Israel, can you believe that? The only (massive) help we get is from private local / jewish organizations and lots of good people from other areas in Israel - nothing else. I hope someone in Lebanon is trying to do the same. About an actual help from the rest of the world: You are right, and this is one of Lebanon's ancient problems - most of the time, no one is in a hurry to help you guys, not even arab nations. It is sad.
    ruud wrote:
    and the way i meant it isnt to compare pain its to simply say that its incredible humerous how much israel's death count is analyzed and reported on compared to ours.

Really? I'm watching Sky news and your casualties issue (as well as the destruction of Lebanon) is on ALL the time. Even our local news keep reporting us about it. Which channel are you watching?

ruud wrote:
    im not sure how larege the death count was but it ws one of the earlier bombs from hizballah that hit a cafe i believe and i think i said this before i dont believe how i even memorized the liens the reporter would say about the poor few men who died.

I didn't understand that part too well. Did you mean Hizbullah fired on a Lebanese coffee shop? Maybe towards Israeli one? Maybe you meant the IDF attacked the Hizbullah, but instead killed a few civilians and media lied about it?

ruud wrote:
    i sympathise, but they have the attention of the world, just like in iraq like how when one guy dies they interview his whole family and actualyl tell you what his hobbies were. i dont want that, i want coverage i want peopel to know and i want the world and cnn to stop feeding the world false information and treating the fallen israeli's as royalty. people should all eb terated the same, they havent done that to our people.

I don't watch CNN, so I don't really know what's going on there. Anyway, Sky News and lots of European and arab media are giving the whole picture. I can even say they are covering Lebanon 10 times than Israel, and I'm taking about massive coverage, not a brief report.

ruud wrote:
    NOW i KNOW that there are many israeli's still living a shit life and i know its not all the same mindset for israelis but our country suffers. i cannot blame the people on behalf of the actions of soldiers and the government but you cannot tell me they stand corrected at what they are doing JUST BECAUSE HIZBALLAH IS DOING IT.

I didn't. I think we had to response, but yet our reaction was unmeasured. Most of israeli's people think the same. It is most common here to say that Hizbullah had taken both Israel and Lebanon as hostages - we don't really blame Lebanon around here.

ruud wrote:
    i want peopel to know that if i could id shoot nasrallah, but tahts far from the point im saying.

You are not the only one who is wishing for that, and I know for sure you are not the only Lebanese who think that way.
    ruud wrote:
    i do not want this mindset" if hizballah can bomb, we can bomb" no you can defend but shouldnt have retaliated with immediate invasion of southern lebanon you escalated it and you messed with iltempererd self centered egotistical arabs known as hizballah who run in the name of God. thats it.

Once again - I agree, and most Israelis think the same but it's too late now - the damage has already been done ):
    ruud wrote:
    As for hamas i brought taht in because its horrifying to see that these two peoples are still going at it and they cannot find a solution. anything is better than what is happening now. and hamas, i dont support either because all groups that divide from the country are in search of revenge no matter how they put it or what they state to be their claims... you know that. jus tlike hizballah.

I agree, but there are lots of people including from this board who are actually think Hamas & Hizbullah are "freedom fighters" who really care about their civilians. Go figure.

ruud wrote:
    my fear is lebanon will do exactly what palestine did, divide into little groups but not a civil war like situation, and each group will claim that they know how exactly to stand for their country and how to defeat israel. not one of them can or will. but it hasnt happened just yet just because of people like me and almost half of the people who marched out on march 14.

And I hope it never will, and having your voice heared is very important to keep things from further escalation. You gotta saty united in order to get those radical groups out of our way to peace.

ruud wrote:
    we were almsot compeltly united forgetting the little wars that go on almsot daily through life between all religions... and one quick reaction sparked this all. it is not fair for the people, our people, your people, for the people's religion.

Nothing is fair in wars ):
    ruud wrote:
    thank you for being considerate and raelistic in your replies and view on all this.

see you

Thank you as well,

Shiraz.
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    bump…for all the Zionists.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    I have a good friend who grew up and still lives in Israel.. I met her through this site, we both love PJ ... she came all the way from Israel to Canada to see them and was kind enough to let me sit front row with her. I think of her often and keep in touch through email... she is confused and sad for her country and does not agree with the war.
    Please hope that she will be safe.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    We are all slaves to the government. Just numbers. They are driven by greed and corruption. Seeking only to fill their pockets. Pleasing the masses in insubstantial ways to side track them long enough to change history. After all this is over, we will all be convinced something else happened than what really did. Regardless of which side was wrong. The international kingpins will decide what happened. We are all victims of a pretermined plan. To distribute billions of dollars of tax payers moneys to multinational corportations and slaughter millions of people over the course of decades. Constructing a world government, where we will fall under a tyrannical regime and be complete slaves to an elite few.

There is more and more evidence of this every day.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138
    Ahnimus wrote:
    We are all slaves to the government. Just numbers. They are driven by greed and corruption. Seeking only to fill their pockets. Pleasing the masses in insubstantial ways to side track them long enough to change history. After all this is over, we will all be convinced something else happened than what really did. Regardless of which side was wrong. The international kingpins will decide what happened. We are all victims of a pretermined plan. To distribute billions of dollars of tax payers moneys to multinational corportations and slaughter millions of people over the course of decades. Constructing a world government, where we will fall under a tyrannical regime and be complete slaves to an elite few.

There is more and more evidence of this every day.

right on
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • Options
    "Circle pit mentality," - you're only a slave if you allow yourself to be played.

"Only a pawn in their game."

or

"Liberation Frequency."

...slavery is a choice, that said - refuse, resist, listen to Refused.