Mike Patton Appreciation Thread!!!

Comments

• Great voice!!!!!!!
    His version of 'Six Pack' on the Rise Above album is worth listening to.
    Stealing a nation - John Pilger
  • ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    I got California the other day its smegging awesome!!!! I must get the other Mr. Bungle albums now. Mike Patton is such a genius...

ketjak....
    ketjak...
    ketjak ketjak ketjak ketjak ketjak...
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    huhu here i am ;)
  • sickwilliesickwillie Posts: 178
    Lately, I can't seem to get enough of General Patton vs. X-ecutioners. I'm crnaking the ever-loving shit out of Loser On Line as we speak.

Gooooooooooooood shit.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    I saw Tomahawk open for Tool like 3 years ago and was impressed, but I just never got around to checkin them out. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Faith No More is one of greatest fucking bands too.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    BUMP because MIKE P roooocks...and he came into my friends work last week in SF to get a massage! :eek: :p Little local boy. Too damn cool. :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ramspam wrote:
    I got California the other day its smegging awesome!!!! I must get the other Mr. Bungle albums now. Mike Patton is such a genius...

Fuck yeah! Isn't CALIFORNIA awesome!!!?! :D Loooove that album. Get the self-titled next. OMG, soooo classic. These 2 are the BEST imo.

And...
    ramspam wrote:
    Mike Patton is such a genius...

I must agree with ya on that. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I'm a somewhat recent Mr. Bungle convert...never was too big on Faith No More so didn't give a chance to Mr. Bungle for the longest. But California got me hooked and the rest as they say is history. Disco Volante is my least favourite...I think the band tried to be too "out there" and compromised on the song structure. The self-titled however has the right balance of weird and goofy music that is enjoyable as well as innovative.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    it brings a smile to my face seeing all this love for Mike Patton in one place.
    Great to see so many fans. CHEERS!!!!
  • I love Faith No More and Mr. Bungle. I haven't given Patton's other projects much of a listen though.
    infrarecon wrote:
    I love Faith No More and Mr. Bungle. I haven't given Patton's other projects much of a listen though.
    do yourself a favor and pick up both tomahawk albums, if you like FNM, you will probably dig it.
  • mr bungle wrote:
    it brings a smile to my face seeing all this love for Mike Patton in one place.
    Great to see so many fans. CHEERS!!!!

dude is a fucking genious ,PATTON that is...FNM BORDIN no slouch on drums, always , well just thought he'd have fit into PEARLJAM well,,grooves
    LUKIN
    dude is a fucking genious ,PATTON that is...FNM BORDIN no slouch on drums, always , well just thought he'd have fit into PEARLJAM well,,grooves
    Good call, i never really thought about it but he would have been a very interesting replacement. I mean that in a good way. And PJ was looking for a drummer around the time FNM folded. Bordin is cool as hell as well, i met him in 97 at a show in Vancouver B.C. at a club called the RAGE. very down to earth guy. anyway, PJ did just fine with o'l Matt Cam .. peace
    I think Puffy drums on Jerry Cantrell's degragation trip... I really do need to get that album...

<~~~~ listening to SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL cover

Beeeeeautiful ass voice...he's totally showcasing his range on this one. In true MP fashion, insane uncalled for out of control break with some blast beats and growling! Completely scizoprenic. And this ending?! LOL!!!! What in the world is going on here?!!?!

This man fuckin RULES. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• ramspam wrote:
    I think Puffy drums on Jerry Cantrell's degragation trip... I really do need to get that album...
    he does.. its a totally different groove than FNM had .. it''s ALICE''S sound ...not a FAITH -N CHAINS sound... but get it ,it is fucking great
    LUKIN
  • I can't believe this guy's so talented, he's the best singer from the 90's or at least top 5, he's so diverse and his voice is just great, all of his musical projects are mind blowing, Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, Fantomas, Kaada/Patton (everyone should check this cd out, it's called Romances, it's some of the best beautifully sick music you can find).
    So yeah, share your appreciation for Mr. Patton!!!

Romances is great! Everything he does is great. He's really an awesomely talented guy. I love his singing, he has a great voice. I worship him lol
    "look in my eyes deep and watch the clouds change with time"
  • call_99999 wrote:
    Romances is great! Everything he does is great. He's really an awesomely talented guy. I love his singing, he has a great voice. I worship him lol

yep, yeah you're right, absolutely, i only worhip 3 guys in this world.. and they are eddie, mike and the other mike (akerfeldt from OPETH)

i'm listening to "none of them knew" fucking amazing!!!

mendel machines replicate in the night... YEAH!!
  • yep, yeah you're right, absolutely, i only worhip 3 guys in this world.. and they are eddie, mike and the other mike (akerfeldt from OPETH)

i'm listening to "none of them knew" fucking amazing!!!

mendel machines replicate in the night... YEAH!!
    PATTONS STILL BETTER WITH PUFFY ON DRUMS....LOVE THAT FUCKIN DRUMMER....
    LUKIN
    Did anyone else hear Epic in that gene simmons rock school thing... made the show soo much better than before:P....

I converted 2 people to Faith No More this week :D:D:D:D

• TTOMOTTOMO Posts: 11
    sevensins wrote:
    bfvvgfnghnmnhgnhk hfbhfvdjytfyfnkjgnmgbfjuknfukyjf tfbytfbyknknmkhjg ftiyfbygbknytk utuytnuytnliughngng uyfbjfngiuygnytnkuytn AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH asjgfakjsfgkajgfakfgkafgaknfgagnfkaygnfuadygnfukaydgnufyksagdnufysgadnfusagn

if you enjoyed reading that out loud then u will like mike pattons solo album.

So true, so true.

Speaking of converting people to Faith No More, I've gotten a few people into them, myself. Mostly, it's people who post on Vancouver Canucks forums. One of them just happens to have Pearl Jam as his favourite band.

Wish I could've seen the almighty FNM. I was only 14 when they broke up. And Bungle broke up, too, so that sucks. Didn't get to see them, either.
    07/19/98 Vancouver BC
    05/30/03 Vancouver BC
    09/02/05 Vancouver BC

"And where are they now, the little people of Stonehenge? And what would they say to us, if we were here...tonight?"

Go Vancouver Canucks, Go BC Lions!!!
    TTOMO wrote:
    Wish I could've seen the almighty FNM. I was only 14 when they broke up. And Bungle broke up, too, so that sucks. Didn't get to see them, either.
    I was only 8 when FNM broke up I would have loved to see them live too. My PE teacher saw them live she said they were awesome and I'm pretty certain they would have been too.

I wanted to see the Fantomas this year, haven't listened to any of their stuff but Pattons a legend. But they aren't comming to Adelaide..

I saw someone with an Angel Dust T-shirt today it was so cool!:D:D

^That rules. I have a King For A Day Fool For A Lifetime shirt with tour dates on it. One of my favourite shirts. Got it on eBay.

I also got a Real Thing shirt made at a t-shirt place a few years ago. If I could find the shirt from the Angel Dust tour with the picture of them as Russian officers, that would be awesome.
    07/19/98 Vancouver BC
    05/30/03 Vancouver BC
    09/02/05 Vancouver BC

"And where are they now, the little people of Stonehenge? And what would they say to us, if we were here...tonight?"

• My fav album of all time is FNM Angeldust......!

I think fantomas director's cut is a masterpiece, and enjoy everything he does because i don't take it all that seriously because i dont think he wants us to.... Missed fantomas when they were in UK coz i was up north visitin family! cant wait till Tomahawk tour UK as ill be right there in the front row.......
    Yeah, I've long considered Angel Dust to be the greatest album ever made, as well.
    07/19/98 Vancouver BC
    05/30/03 Vancouver BC
    09/02/05 Vancouver BC

I got a Fantomas suspended animation callender poster thing the other day for $2... I've never listened to the Fantomas tho but i figured as Mike Patton's so awesome they'd be great...

I probably should get some Fantomas...

I thought you guys might appreciate this site ftp://ftp.cv.org/pub/ Its full of Faith No More+Tomahawk Bootlegs, videos and rare tracks.. it even has mike singing a teensy bit of PJ in the FNM covers section

• Echo27Echo27 Posts: 57
    I love the man! One of my friends got to meet him...twice! I think I would lose my shit.
    "I am disrespectful to dirt! Can you see that I am serious?"
  • TulleTulle Posts: 5
    Saw Fantomas about a week ago.. they were eh... interesting.

I prefer Patton in Faith No More though.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i got The Real Thing ages ago and really liked it and then got Angel Dust yesterday. I have to say it is awesome!!! I know I'm not a hardcore Patton fan with all his Mr Bungle, Fantomas and Tomahawk albums but I still wanna register my appreciation.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"