Options

Mike Patton Appreciation Thread!!!

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Mr. Bungle is doing some East Coast shows w/ Battles (!!!!) in September. 

Presale started at 10:00 this morning... password for Boston is RadioOn. 

Public onsale tomorrow. 

If you're unfamiliar w/ Battles I highly recommend them. (same drummer as Tomahawk, John Stanier) 

Thanks for the h/u @nicknyr15
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    Mr. Bungle is doing some East Coast shows w/ Battles (!!!!) in September. 

Presale started at 10:00 this morning... password for Boston is RadioOn. 

Public onsale tomorrow. 

If you're unfamiliar w/ Battles I highly recommend them. (same drummer as Tomahawk, John Stanier) 

Thanks for the h/u @nicknyr15
    🙏🏼 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    mr bungle said:
    mr bungle said:
    First Tomahawk album is perfection!!  I was fortunate enough to catch them on this tour.  At the time i thought this album is what FNM would sound like if Mike had total artistic controll.
    I don't disagree. 

You going to the Geek Show? You're in the PNW, no? 
    Yes sir. Showbox, Seattle.  Havent seen Mr Bungle since '99

Looking forward to your review. Are you going to both nights? 
  • Options
    My Ass Is On Fire!!!! Played last night allegedly 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Oh shit... they were teasing a surprise or surprises on this tour... that's a good sign. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Oh shit... they were teasing a surprise or surprises on this tour... that's a good sign. 
    I wish they’d bring a few songs from the first three out. Even just to replace the covers. I understand they’ve always done the opposite of what everyone wants lol. But still. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Looks like the they tagged it with the Pepto Bismol song lmao. I love these guys 
  • Options

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,796
    Very glad to see him out having fun again. 
    Inspiring to those having a tough time. 

Take care all.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    If anyone missed out on a poster at the shows this spring... looks like the leftovers are available for cheap. 

https://www.blixtmerchandise.com/collections/mr-bungle?fbclid=IwAR1soFb1ebJKDbwXf62ttf0B6DN_uC1twpgz1wAvGQrhQ2RXFrJJ46xqQXc

• Options
    They’re all so sick 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    They’re all so sick 
    I've thankfully turned a corner with my poster collection.... if this was a few years ago, I would have scooped up a few of these. 

I hope this happens after the fall shows. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    They’re all so sick 
    I've thankfully turned a corner with my poster collection.... if this was a few years ago, I would have scooped up a few of these. 

I hope this happens after the fall shows. 
    Im in the exact same situations
  • Options
    If this is half as good as the Trey Spruance episode, it will be a great listen. 

Bär McKinnon and Danny Heifetz recount many tales of their time in Mr Bungle, the rare recordings, vinyl pressings and band folklore, as well as their new project UMLAUT, new music and the future of playing together again.

https://www.thevinylguide.com/episodes/ep402-memories-of-mr-bungle-with-bar-and-danny

• Options

• Options

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Thoughts about the current bungle tour?  May catch them soon.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Thoughts about the current bungle tour?  May catch them soon.
    I don’t love the Raging Wrath… like I do their other work, but I’m pretty excited to see Patton, Spruance & Dunn share a stage again. & seeing Battles open up for them is a huge bonus… John Stanier is one of my favorite drummers, and he’s out in front for Battles… super fun to watch and I’m just as, if not more excited to see him as I am to see Lombardo. 

I wish the Boston show wasn’t on a Monday, but I’m happy just to have a local show, so I’ll take what I can get. 
  • Options
    OK. Thx for the info. I'd probably have to take the night off so likely pass. Honestly that music would possess my soul and I'd sacrifice myself to the pit. Recovery time...Great they are playing. 
    Will check out Battles music. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    OK. Thx for the info. I'd probably have to take the night off so likely pass. Honestly that music would possess my soul and I'd sacrifice myself to the pit. Recovery time...Great they are playing. 
    Will check out Battles music. 
    Right on. 

I heard about Battles because Stanier also drums for Tomahawk. They evolve over time from a 4 piece to a 3 then most recently a 2 piece band. Unconventional & lots of fun. 

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120

King Buzzo?
  • Options
    Pretty stoked to see Bungle again Monday night... it's been a few (decades). 

Psyched for Battles too. 
  • Options
    Enjoy and no doubt you will be mind blown. Good or bad you know what to expect and they will give you exactly what you need.

Be careful have enough fun for us both.
  • Options
    Any highlights from show?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Any highlights from show?
    Great show. 

I would honestly take any other album by Bungle over Raging Wrath, but the songs translated really well live. Spruance was a metal god from start to finish, and Patton was in as good of spirits as I've ever seen him. Dunn was hard to see as he hung back near the kit for most of the night (lots of smoke / fog going on, and the lights focused on the front of the stage) but regardless, it was great to see these guys sharing a stage again. Scott Ian & Dave Lombardo were also phenomenal. 

Highlights were probably Anarchy Up Your Anus, Methematics and the cover of True. It was also great to hear (the somewhat abbreviated) My Ass Is On Fire... That didn't get played when I saw them in '95 & '00. While on the subject, that I even got to see Mr Bungle again is something I never dreamed of. I'm happy they did this reunion and tour. 

Battles was also great, as usual. Go see them if you can... even if you don't like the music, you'll have a hell of a time watching John Stanier play drums, he's phenomenal.
  • Options
    Thank you. Lovely. Not sure I'll make it but I know it would hit me right where I need it.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    General Patton Vs The X-Ecutioners is being released on vinyl for the first time next year!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    edited September 2023
    I don’t think I’ve seen this mentioned in this thread - the Peeping Tom album is being reissued as well

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Bungle playing Welcome to Rockville next May.

Looks like they aren't calling it a day just yet. I'll see them again if they swing through the Northeast. They were great in September. 
  • Options
    Bungle playing Welcome to Rockville next May.

Looks like they aren't calling it a day just yet. I'll see them again if they swing through the Northeast. They were great in September. 
    Secretly always hoping for FNM. Even if it’s not in my country! Just to see the clips.