Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• FintinFintin Posts: 77
    This is really sad...
    stay strong and hang in there
    ill pray for him and his family
    dont give up hope
    Life is like a Pearl Jam concert.....you never know what you're gonna get
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Thanks to PissBottleMan and Foxy Mop, amongst other GREAT fans, have put together a wishlist foundation - a pearl jam nonprofit organization and they have added Brian on the site.

Make sure you pass that around!

http://wishlistfoundation.com/modules.php?name=Web_Links&l_op=viewlink&cid=5

Also...one more week to go...I only have a few days left to be able to take t-shirt orders for the Cincy show.

Thanks! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    Bump....
  • *bump*

:0 nevermind.

Please post on myspace bulletin as well.

*good vibes and prayers*
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • liamrianliamrian Posts: 2
    inDIFFERENCE Benefit Show Kicks Off Pearl Jam’s 2-Day Summerfest Stand
    Three bands, drinks specials, and prize giveaways all to fight Crohn’s and Colitis

MILWAUKEE - The first annual inDIFFERENCE benefit show, fundraising for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, will take place Wednesday, June 28th, 2006, at Yield on Milwaukee’s East Side.

The action gets rolling at 9pm with the Morphine cover-band Heads With Wings, followed by Pekoe, and headliner The Whisper Press.

Along with 3 outstanding local rock bands, the $10 cover charge also includes $1.50 bottles of PBR and $3.00 Three Olives flavored vodka drinks all night long. There will also be opportunities to win prizes.

All proceeds of the event will go to the Wisconsin chapter of the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. CCFA is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to research toward prevention and a cure of the digestive diseases Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.

Mike McCready, lead guitarist for Pearl Jam, is a longtime sufferer of Crohn’s disease and strong supporter of the CCFA. Pearl Jam is co-headlining with Tom Petty at the Marcus Amphitheater—Thursday and Friday, June 29th and 30th—for the first two days of Summerfest. Pearl Jam’s 5th studio album, Yield, is part of the inspiration for the bar with the same name at 1932 E. Kenilworth Pl. (between Prospect and Farwell).

The inDIFFERENCE benefit show marks nearly a year since Yield first opened. Approaching the end of its start-up phase, the bar/restaurant will be launching a full menu this summer. Yield also eagerly awaits the end of construction across the street as UWM’s Kenilworth Square Apartments open this fall.

Yield will also be running a shuttle bus from the East Side to Summerfest and hosting their own pre- and post- Pearl Jam/Summerfest parties on Thursday and Friday--June 29th and 30th.

Sponsors of the event include Three Olives Vodka, Atomic Records, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Boom Brothers Coffee, and Koss.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    I think you meant to put that in a new thread.

(it's ok)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    Does anyone else think it possible that Eddie could make important mention at the Cincinnati show? People will listen to him and he would do it.... !?
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • kdpjam wrote:
    Does anyone else think it possible that Eddie could make important mention at the Cincinnati show? People will listen to him and he would do it.... !?
    good suggestion ;)
    Rarghstarfarian.
    good suggestion ;)

i have my moment. lol
  • kdpjam wrote:
    i have my moment. lol
    aw

thanks for the pm
    i am beat.

((love to his family))
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Hey guys...I've printed some color copies and will display them at the CCFA table in Cincy tomorrow.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Hey guys...I've printed some color copies and will display them at the CCFA table in Cincy tomorrow.

PBM

I printed one a while back and hung it up on a board at work. (I'm all the way in California) Everyone at work thinks it's some sort of joke. I wish it was :(
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748

PBM

:)

Great to hear what you're doing. It's still absolutely astonishing that no one has heard anything. Even if someone did take his life, you'd think that someone would have heard something or they'd find a body. Even if it was suicide, they'd find a body.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Hey guys...I've printed some color copies and will display them at the CCFA table in Cincy tomorrow.

PBM
    thanks B. gonna try to do the same.
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Still no word I take it? :(

I think if it was me I would want to know now, good or bad news. Hanging in limbo is never easy.

*send love and hugs and prayers to his family and friends*
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743

PBM

Thank you, sweetie! :)

I'm sitting outside with my laptop outside a closed coffee shop - but there's a "WI-FI" labelled on the window. :D

Spike007 also printed out flyers as well as Riverrunner!

I'm hoping Randy, Brian's father, will show up at the pre-party to say hello and I'd love to let him know that we're supporting him and keeping an eye out on our pj fellow.

Thanks for all the help, especially spike007. :)

xo,
    Mel
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    This is so incredibly devistating! I read about all of this shortly after Brian's disappearance, but I was hoping that when I read this thread today, he would have been found by now! I read the information on the links provided a page or two ago...that seems so odd that there is no recording of him coming out of the bar and that the third exit would have been too hard exit out of! I'm assuming the bar has been searched inside/out/up/down? Is there any kind of an underground basement/attick to the bar or anything? I wish so bad that I could really do something that could find this guy! His family and girlfriend/friends must be going through such sadness....first his mother passes away just about 4 months ago and then he disappears shortly after? This is terrible!!!! I really want to do something to help!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
    eddie talked to the crowd about brian tonite! it was very moving. and then i think they dedicated wishlist to him. it was awesome.....
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    that is awesome. I wish I could have been there!! I wish BRIAN could have been there!!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    PJPixie wrote:
    that is awesome. I wish I could have been there!! I wish BRIAN could have been there!!!

it was very cool. i looked around at people's faces, and they were listening. THANK YOU EDDIE!!! one of the things that makes this band so very cool.
  • spike007spike007 Posts: 54
    we threw a t-shirt up to Mike last night. He caught it just as he was leaving the stage for the first break.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I'll have signs up in St Paul as well!!

Thought and prayers to his family and friends.
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    kdpjam wrote:
    eddie talked to the crowd about brian tonite! it was very moving. and then i think they dedicated wishlist to him. it was awesome.....

That is great...I have been paying attention to this for awhile, obviously hoping by now he would have been found well. I saw some negativity a few weeks ago and some insensitivity. Eddie set this right by talking about this. Once again, the band amazes me how they give a shit.

I would be interested to know what he said?
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    it was sooo neat & touching how Eddie talked about Brian last night!!! he really said some nice things...he read his discription - said he sounded like a nice looking guy (something along those lines..) haha... he did dedicate Wish List to him & even had a tag about it....it was too cool. i loved how silent the crowd was, just listening to Eddie talk about him. Very cool. :cool:
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    When Ed said "Brian is one of us" I think a chill went through everyone. The greatest band ever...

p.s. Brian, Im thinkin about ya. Hope all is well. I dont know know you but I care for you.
    Your friend, Shannon
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • I am writing this to appologize for my comments last week. I was ignorant of the facts and made light of a very serious situation.

I was at the show last night in Cincy and picked up a flier at the Beer Seller. I sympathize with his friends and family and pray for his safety. The guy is 1 year younger than me so I can relate.

I feel absolutely sick and ashamed of my actions last week to you and this message board. I am thankful that the 10C pulled the thread before it got out of hand.

Being at the show and meeting so many kind fans at the CCFA party reminded me that we are the lucky ones and life is precious and meaningful. While saying I am sorry doesn't take back my drunken posts last week, my thoughts and prayers do go out to everyone involved in this situation.
    "And the sky breaks at dawn; shedding light upon this town....They all come 'round"

09-06-1998 KNOXVILLE
    08-07-2000 ATLANTA
    08-17-2000 NASHVILLE
    04-09-2003 BIRMINGHAM
    04-18-2003 NASHVILLE
    06-24-2006 CINCINNATI
    07-06-2006 LAS VEGAS
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    "the smallest oceans still make.. big big waves.."
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • tdubtdub Posts: 226
    I am writing this to appologize for my comments last week. I was ignorant of the facts and made light of a very serious situation.

I was at the show last night in Cincy and picked up a flier at the Beer Seller. I sympathize with his friends and family and pray for his safety. The guy is 1 year younger than me so I can relate.

I feel absolutely sick and ashamed of my actions last week to you and this message board. I am thankful that the 10C pulled the thread before it got out of hand.

Being at the show and meeting so many kind fans at the CCFA party reminded me that we are the lucky ones and life is precious and meaningful. While saying I am sorry doesn't take back my drunken posts last week, my thoughts and prayers do go out to everyone involved in this situation.

spell apology right you dipshit.

i dont forgive you ;)

just joking. hope u are sober now
  • coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    I am writing this to appologize for my comments last week. I was ignorant of the facts and made light of a very serious situation.

Posts like this remind me as to why I come by so often ;) Thanks for being who you are and stepping up. Not many people would be able to do so...
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    I'm really glad that Ed said something at this show. It could make a big difference. It is a great reminder that these guys really do give a damn about their fans.

It would be awesome if Mike wore the shirt. :D

I'm still hoping Brian returns home safely.