LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    settle down now ... hate to see two of my favourite adversaries on this board go at it ... especially not without me involved ... :lol:

i dunno anything about the nhl fixing it for sid ... i wouldn't put it past that fucktard bettmann tho ... :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It didn't seem insulting when I typed it but I can see how it could be taken wrongly.

I try to avoid insulting people. Occasional I go too far but I try to apologize if I realize it. Years of practice on AMT have helped.

Oh. And Crosby can suck it. ;)
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

your the stupid fucker here ... i' never go out of my way to insult someone but you just did that that makes you an extremely stupid fucking ignorant asshole.
    My bad. I was assuming you would agree with my thinking.

why would i agree with anyone's thinking who insults me for no good fucking reason, who doesn't know me, and tries to compare Crosby to Kobe or A-Rod and who claims to be fan of hockey and uses a Jordon analogy when hockey has had plenty of superstars who Crosby can be compared too ... except most of hockey's superstars aren't pricks and neither is crosby except you apparently have never gotten over the fact that he was on the opposing team that caused your team to choke , hence the Jordon, Kobe, A-Rod comparison. Now that you gagged against Chicago you can set your target on Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Kane or Bickell or some other Chicago player.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    I don't whine. I analyze facts and base and present logic on those facts.

I'm over the Hawks series. There was no blantant league interference. Refs made bad calls against both teams.

It was a good run this year and good experience. Next year's 23rd ... or is it the 24th? :think: .... straight playoff run should be fun.

My advice ... don't hang out on Redwings threads and toss crap without expecting some to splatter back once in a while.

:corn:
    polaris_x wrote:
    settle down now ... hate to see two of my favourite adversaries on this board go at it ... especially not without me involved ... :lol:

i dunno anything about the nhl fixing it for sid ... i wouldn't put it past that fucktard bettmann tho ... :lol:

it doesn't even make sense :lol::lol::lol:. if was out to protect cosby then those 2 hits that caused his concussions would have lead to suspensions ... and head shots would have been banned altogether and dealt with seriously. I live in wing country ... many are still whiny about the damn hand shake as their hatred for Crosby and Lidstrom said "no big deal" ... like I said the team is far classier than their whiny fans who can't admit they choked then and they choked this year.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    it doesn't even make sense :lol::lol::lol:. if was out to protect cosby then those 2 hits that caused his concussions would have lead to suspensions ... and head shots would have been banned altogether and dealt with seriously. I live in wing country ... many are still whiny about the damn hand shake as their hatred for Crosby and Lidstrom said "no big deal" ... like I said the team is far classier than their whiny fans who can't admit they choked then and they choked this year.

i don't see how you can say they choked ... the leafs choked ... just because you are up 3-1 doesn't mean you should automatically win it ... 2 of the final 3 games were in chicago ... the last 2 games were real close and potentially influenced by horrible refereeing which you have already said ... it's not like they played bad at all ... considering they were playing the #1 team in the nhl this season and they just barely squeaked in ... i would say they played great and choke is not how i would say they played ...
    Jason P wrote:
    I don't whine. I analyze facts and base and present logic on those facts.

I'm over the Hawks series. There was no blantant league interference. Refs made bad calls against both teams.

It was a good run this year and good experience. Next year's 23rd ... or is it the 24th? :think: .... straight playoff run should be fun.

My advice ... don't hang out on Redwings threads and toss crap without expecting some to splatter back once in a while.

:corn:

difference is I don't call be people stupid ... well this one time I did, but believe me I'm not sorry. My guess is hockey was invented in 1992 or there about in your mind right ... and people don't need to BS me, I was at the Joe at many games in the 80's when people came dressed as seats, much like game 6 with 2 minutes left :lol::lol::lol:.

polaris_x wrote:

I don't know if was all part of some evil master plan ... I would be giving Bettman credit for having intelligence if it was.

But it did have an effect on the series without doubt.
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i don't see how you can say they choked ... the leafs choked ... just because you are up 3-1 doesn't mean you should automatically win it ... 2 of the final 3 games were in chicago ... the last 2 games were real close and potentially influenced by horrible refereeing which you have already said ... it's not like they played bad at all ... considering they were playing the #1 team in the nhl this season and they just barely squeaked in ... i would say they played great and choke is not how i would say they played ...

Because they didn't show up for game 5, and Babcock basically said that, and the 3rd period in game 6 was at home they left the 2nd period in the locker room. As far as I'm concerned when you don't show up for a game and then have a 2-1 lead at home going into the 3rd and are that atrocious ... you choked. And its way more of a choke than the leafs come back from 3-1 and built a lead and gagged in the last 10 minutes ... both teams choked.

lukin2006 wrote:
    difference is I don't call be people stupid ... well this one time I did, but believe me I'm not sorry.
    I did not call you stupid.

I presented four key indisputable facts that proved my point where the NHL manipulated the series in a way that was not beneficial to the Red Wings.

I said if someone disagreed with those facts, after the facts were presented to them, then they would either be lying or stupid. I have no idea if you are disagreeing with the facts. Therefore I have no way of judging.

Again, I did not call you stupid or use curse words.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    edited May 2013
    If anyone thinks that Jonathan Toews is anywhere near the what Steve Yzerman is, they are a fool. I never recalled Yzerman complaining and whining like a little school girl who spilled milk. If you don't want to take the physicality of a playoff hockey game, go play golf or tennis, little contact there.
    Post edited by iwasatpj20 on
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    polaris_x wrote:

It does not take anything beyond a first grade education to see how the snow chickens and 'hacks got good players. They were horrendous for many seasons, a blind chimp could hit on a top 5 draft pick, it does not take a lot of talent to do that.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

th?id=H.4936739513106676&pid=15.1

Pavel Datsyuk, Red Wings agree on 3-year extension

DETROIT (AP) -- The Detroit Red Wings accomplished their No. 1 goal of this offseason by agreeing to a new deal with Pavel Datsyuk.

Datsyuk and the Red Wings agreed on a three-year contract Tuesday, two days before his 35th birthday, to keep the Russian superstar with the franchise through the 2016-17 season.

''We're obviously thrilled to extend the contract of the best two-way player in the National Hockey League,'' Red Wings general manager Ken Holland. ''This deal ensures that Pavel will be in Detroit for the next four years. His accomplishments over the past 11 seasons demonstrate what a truly dynamic player he is. His work ethic is second to none.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pavel-datsyuk-red-wings-agree-154755241--nhl.html
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Jason P wrote:
    th?id=H.4936739513106676&pid=15.1

Pavel Datsyuk, Red Wings agree on 3-year extension

DETROIT (AP) -- The Detroit Red Wings accomplished their No. 1 goal of this offseason by agreeing to a new deal with Pavel Datsyuk.

Datsyuk and the Red Wings agreed on a three-year contract Tuesday, two days before his 35th birthday, to keep the Russian superstar with the franchise through the 2016-17 season.

''We're obviously thrilled to extend the contract of the best two-way player in the National Hockey League,'' Red Wings general manager Ken Holland. ''This deal ensures that Pavel will be in Detroit for the next four years. His accomplishments over the past 11 seasons demonstrate what a truly dynamic player he is. His work ethic is second to none.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pavel-datsyuk-red-wings-agree-154755241--nhl.html

Best day of my life... :lol: awesome!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Just saw the Datsyuk news - couldn't be happier! Add a defenseman and we should make a splash in the Eastern conference!

:thumbup:

And the Griffins just won the Calder Cup - so it looks like we've got some good young talent to deepen the bench.
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

dang man Stephen Weiss and rumours of alfie going to the wings for 1 yr deal.

damn

flippy gone too- nicely done there.

hope they pick up some better D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami wrote:

damn

:lol::lol::lol:

Weiss 5 points in 17 games last year, Alferdson 40 years olds, 5.5 million. Ottawa replaced him super quick with Bobby Ryan. Rumour is Brunner's bolting and Cleary is as well.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Nami wrote:

damn

Weiss 5 points in 17 games last year, Alferdson 40 years olds, 5.5 million. Ottawa replaced him super quick with Bobby Ryan. Rumour is Brunner's bolting and Cleary is as well.

i will miss cleary... brunner.. trough call...look who he was skating with. With that being said, you dont thing Weiss and alfie wont get better with Hank and Dats? i see crazy chemistry there
    Nami wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Nami wrote:

damn

i will miss cleary... brunner.. trough call...look who he was skating with. With that being said, you dont thing Weiss and alfie wont get better with Hank and Dats? i see crazy chemistry there

Brunner is only 27 ... last year was year 1 in NHL for him, he started off hot went flat near the end but was good for them in the playoffs ... I don't think they got better today, I believe in the end the NHL is a young mans game. I do think Ottawa got better by getting Ryan and letting Alfie walk. My guess Weiss is Cleary's replacement ... they still might be able to get Brunner ... the ticket figured Brunner and Cleary were walking ... so you'll have to wait and see. According to cap geek the wings only have 2.3 million left after todays signings.

2015 Central Park

Bump for Lukinfan 2006 - a great Wings fan! Lol!

Let's beat those Bruins!
    2015 Central Park

Pavel is amazing! :D
    2015 Central Park

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Nice win!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    no one wants to play this team, the Bruins just realized that this is not going to be easy

Detroit dictated the flow of the game
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    I've witnessed many a wizard spell by #13, but last nights toe drag wrister may have been the best spell I've seen cast in many a moons.
    smarchee said:

no one wants to play this team, the Bruins just realized that this is not going to be easy

Detroit dictated the flow of the game

It is odd to so much youth on the ice. They did push the pace ... Although they did put Howie in a few rough spots.

Odd as it is, I think the rash of injuries this year has made the Wings a much stronger team.
    Jason P said:

I've witnessed many a wizard spell by #13, but last nights toe drag wrister may have been the best spell I've seen cast in many a moons.

I've seen it replayed about 25 times and each time my jaw drops - he is a wizard! Just amazing! I also agree that it helped to get so many of the young guys experience this year. That's what I love about hockey - just make the playoffs and see what happens!

Go Wings!
    2015 Central Park

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited April 2014
    Ask your Siri "Who is the magic man?" B-)
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    see the Bruins are ready to goon it up today
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit