LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Jason P wrote:
    More anti-wings posts then pro-wings posts in this thread.

Checked the blackhawks thread .... no jive talk.

Stay classy, chick-a-go and people who don't have a favorite team but hate the wings.

The guy who keeps ripping the Wings isn't even a Hawks fan.

Great series. Still hard to believe that the Hawks and Wings will be in different conferences next year. I know it was the right move for the Wings, but it just feels weird.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote:
    More anti-wings posts then pro-wings posts in this thread.

Checked the blackhawks thread .... no jive talk.

Stay classy, chick-a-go and people who don't have a favorite team but hate the wings.

The guy who keeps ripping the Wings isn't even a Hawks fan.

Great series. Still hard to believe that the Hawks and Wings will be in different conferences next year. I know it was the right move for the Wings, but it just feels weird.
    I know. It would be like me ripping the Kansas City Royals even though I don't have a favorite baseball team. Easy to jive a team when you can't take any flak back.

Crazy.

Good luck (not really) in the finals.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I've been pretty mild toward the wings :lol::lol::lol:

And my ripping the Wings is nothing compared to the ripping that Wing fans I know who rip the Leafs and Canadians ... :lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:

And my ripping the Wings is nothing compared to the ripping that Wing fans I know who rip the Leafs and Canadians ... :lol::lol::lol:

c'mon and man up and pick a team we can throw pot shots at!
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

c'mon and man up and pick a team we can throw pot shots at!

Why should I ... you can throw pot shots at me during the NFL season when Romo throws 4 touchdowns in a game and 3 are too the opposing team :lol::lol::lol:.

I'm mostly a NFL and MLB person myself ... sorry not going to invest to much of my time in team and a league that continually dumps on its fans ... even though I surprised myself by watching more games this year than I thought I would ... but at least that hasn't cost me any money :lol::lol::lol:.

I really haven't said much about the wings that isn't the truth.

I was listening to Detroit sports this morning and the same guy who said the leafs choked said the wings did not because the wings were underdogs. So I guess he felt your leafs were favourites against the bruins :lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

I don't need hockey to rip you canuckelheads, eh. And your precious maple syrup.

:wave:
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    So the same 10 people/assholes who call in on Sports radio represent the entire fan base of the Wings - that seems fair and reasonable.

Go Tigers!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

jlaustin wrote:
    So the same 10 people/assholes who call in on Sports radio represent the entire fan base of the Wings - that seems fair and reasonable.

Go Tigers!
    Sport radio sucks. It's the same with political radio. People that listen to it are not happy unless they are upset.
    Looking at the glass half full, this was good experiance for a young team. Good playoff experiance as well as having to fight to get in the playoffs in the first place. One must remember that a good portion of our d-line were playing for Grand Rapids most of the year.

They get DeKeyser back next year and they should have room in the salary cap to pick up another veteran defenseman and they will be a top contender.

This playoff was played with house money as far as I'm concerned.
    Jason P wrote:
    Looking at the glass half full, this was good experiance for a young team. Good playoff experiance as well as having to fight to get in the playoffs in the first place. One must remember that a good portion of our d-line were playing for Grand Rapids most of the year.

They get DeKeyser back next year and they should have room in the salary cap to pick up another veteran defenseman and they will be a top contender.

Is Filipila back? Do they try and trade Franzen? or use an amnesty on him?

Jason P wrote:

Appreciate your positivity - agree with everything you wrote. I didn't even think they were going to make the playoffs, so this was all gravy - it's just when they beat the Ducks and were up 3 - 1 on the Hawks, I started getting delusions of grandeur!

As I said before, I'm going to miss talking Red Wings here.... Can't wait until next season

PS - I live in Ann Arbor, so I am hoping to get tickets to the Winter Classic at the Big House. Should be terrific! Went to the Big Chill (U-M vs. MSU hockey at the Big House and it was great fun.)
    2015 Central Park

Jason P wrote:

Good thing thing your not a coach ... because I'm pretty sure Babcock thought they could win the cup, and from Hanks post game interview you could see it in his face and hear it in him that they let this get away from them.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Good thing thing your not a coach ... because I'm pretty sure Babcock thought they could win the cup, and from Hanks post game interview you could see it in his face and hear it in him that they let this get away from them.

Of course the coach and the players feel that way - we definitely let it slip away, but it's ok to be appreciative of what they did do, considering a week before the playoffs started, they were on the outside looking in. Chicago appears to be a pretty good team...right?

Detroit is damned if they/we do, damned if they/we don't... We respect another team's ability, realizing that we aren't always the best team(I know arrogant, right?), but then we are whining or jumping off the bandwagon. I just get confused on how I am supposed to act. There just seem to be too many rules - kind of like straight edge punk! :lol:

I guess I shouldn't care so much what people feel about Detroit (Red Wings, Tigers, city, people) - it won't ever change. :(
    2015 Central Park

lukin2006 wrote:
    Good thing thing your not a coach ...
    I'm not goddamn fucking good enough at fucking cursing to coach fucking hockey, motherfucker. Eh.
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Good thing thing your not a coach ...
    I'm not goddamn fucking good enough at fucking cursing to coach fucking hockey, motherfucker. Eh.

:lol::lol::lol:

jlaustin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Of course the coach and the players feel that way - we definitely let it slip away, but it's ok to be appreciative of what they did do, considering a week before the playoffs started, they were on the outside looking in. Chicago appears to be a pretty good team...right?

Detroit is damned if they/we do, damned if they/we don't... We respect another team's ability, realizing that we aren't always the best team(I know arrogant, right?), but then we are whining or jumping off the bandwagon. I just get confused on how I am supposed to act. There just seem to be too many rules - kind of like straight edge punk! :lol:

I guess I shouldn't care so much what people feel about Detroit (Red Wings, Tigers, city, people) - it won't ever change. :(

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Great Series. Good luck in the East next year. You will be missed. Maybe they will meet again in the near future for the Cup!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    NHL officiating is a constant joke, no consistency at all.

I do not care who wins the Stanley Cup this year.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

Kevinman wrote:
    Great Series. Good luck in the East next year. You will be missed. Maybe they will meet again in the near future for the Cup!

Love it if Chicago could be in the East, too. But let's hope for a Wings - Hawks final in 2014!

:D
    2015 Central Park

iwasatpj20 wrote:

As far as game 7's go that was poorly officiated ... But it was a good game and great series ...

jlaustin wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:

Love it if Chicago could be in the East, too. But let's hope for a Wings - Hawks final in 2014!

:D

I have always wanted an original 6 division ... I know that will never happen. Unfortunately they'll never move Chicago to the East ... At least I don't think they will. I'm surprised the westerns teams went along so quietly letting Detroit go to the East ... Detroit's a big sell to some of those western teams. Would not surprise me if they make adjustments after the 3 year agreement with the NHLPA expires. But for now the East will be super competitive with some good teams likely being left out of the playoffs.

I think Columbus should have stayed in the west ... Might have given them a better shot at the playoffs :lol::lol:.

I have always wanted an original 6 division ... I know that will never happen. Unfortunately they'll never move Chicago to the East ... At least I don't think they will. I'm surprised the westerns teams went along so quietly letting Detroit go to the East ... Detroit's a big sell to some of those western teams. Would not surprise me if they make adjustments after the 3 year agreement with the NHLPA expires. But for now the East will be super competitive with some good teams likely being left out of the playoffs.

I think Columbus should have stayed in the west ... Might have given them a better shot at the playoffs :lol::lol:.[/quote]

Would love an Original 6 division - why not four divisions, instead of 2 conferences? Original 6, Northwest, Southwest, and South/Midwest? I know crazy!

:crazy:
    2015 Central Park

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    lukin2006 wrote:
    iwasatpj20 wrote:

As far as game 7's go that was poorly officiated ... But it was a good game and great series ...

As a wings fan, I go through a detox phase after each season is done and over with. I could really care less who wins it all. The NHL brass hates us and its mutual right back at them. The wings are screwing over their formula of parity by making the playoffs each season and I'm all for giving them the middle finger at any and every occasion possible.

I am a damn sore loser and nothing will ever change that.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

iwasatpj20 wrote:
    As a wings fan, I go through a detox phase after each season is done and over with. I could really care less who wins it all. The NHL brass hates us and its mutual right back at them. The wings are screwing over their formula of parity by making the playoffs each season and I'm all for giving them the middle finger at any and every occasion possible.

I don't know if the NHL brass hates us ... although there is no debating that Bettman did everything possible to get Sid Crosby a Stanley Cup in hopes that he would be the Michael Jordan of hockey. Too bad for Bettman he has the cross appeal of Kobe and A-Rod. And he is stuck in Pittsburgh (no offense to the natives ... but NY or LA would be preferred by the brass).

Eff you Bettman. :twisted:
    Jason P wrote:
    iwasatpj20 wrote:

I don't know if the NHL brass hates us ... although there is no debating that Bettman did everything possible to get Sid Crosby a Stanley Cup in hopes that he would be the Michael Jordan of hockey. Too bad for Bettman he has the cross appeal of Kobe and A-Rod. And he is stuck in Pittsburgh (no offense to the natives ... but NY or LA would be preferred by the brass).

Eff you Bettman. :twisted:

Exactly how did Bettman get Sydney Crosby a cup ... you were up 3-2 in that finals ... Pittsburgh won the final 2 games, you could say you choked then as well ... had all this playoff experience and these young bucks from Pittsburgh came back and won. Really Kobe and A-Rod ... and why would the NHL need took look for a Jordon of hockey ... wouldn't they look for the next Gretzky. And whether anyone probably wants to admit it he the best player to come along since Gretzky.

If the NHL really wanted Crosby to be the face of the game they would ban heads shots completely with much stiffer suspensions ... since Crosby who apparently to some is the NHL golden boy yet has missed considerable time due to head injuries.

The NHL does not have it in for you team :lol::lol:, if they did you'd still be in the west next year :lol::lol::lol:.

lukin2006 wrote:

Exactly how did Bettman get Sydney Crosby a cup ... you were up 3-2 in that finals ...
    He altered the playing field. My evidence ...

1) After a two grueling series with the Ducks and Blackhawks, he altered the schedule so they only had a two days off instead of the 5-6 days that were scheduled.

2) Not only did they not get time off, he scheduled back-to-back games

3) Datsyuk was injured and missed 3-4 games that he would have been able to play in based on the original schedule. You can't honestly tell me that if Crosby was injured that Bettman would have rushed the schedule.

4) Malkin instigated a fight with Zetterberg in the final minute of play. A mandatory one game suspension based on league rules. They didn't even have the press conference mics live before the brass was already declaring there would be no suspension for a blatant rules violation.

5) Lidstrom was playing with a ruptured testicle. The league didn't know this but it bears mention that he played with a deflated nut in that series. :sick:

If you don't agree that there was blatant manipulation by the NHL brass ... well there are two options:

You're lying or stupid.

But too bad for Bettman. No one in the lower 48 outside of PA gives a crap about his poster child.
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Exactly how did Bettman get Sydney Crosby a cup ... you were up 3-2 in that finals ...

1) After a two grueling series with the Ducks and Blackhawks, he altered the schedule so they only had a two days off instead of the 5-6 days that were scheduled.

3) Datsyuk was injured and missed 3-4 games that he would have been able to play in based on the original schedule. You can't honestly tell me that if Crosby was injured that Bettman would have rushed the schedule.

4) Malkin instigated a fight with Zetterberg in the final minute of play. A mandatory one game suspension based on league rules. They didn't even have the press conference mics live before the brass was already declaring there would be no suspension for a blatant rules violation.

5) Lidstrom was playing with a ruptured testicle. The league didn't know this but it bears mention that he played with a deflated nut in that series. :sick:

If you don't agree that there was blatant manipulation by the NHL brass ... well there are two options:

You're lying or stupid.

But too bad for Bettman. No one in the lower 48 outside of PA gives a crap about his poster child.

your the stupid fucker here ... i' never go out of my way to insult someone but you just did that that makes you an extremely stupid fucking ignorant asshole.

lukin2006 wrote:

your the stupid fucker here ... i' never go out of my way to insult someone but you just did that that makes you an extremely stupid fucking ignorant asshole.
    My bad. I was assuming you would agree with my thinking.
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    sport!
    did you see me? i saw you.
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

You're lying or stupid.

your fucking wings choked then and they choked against Chicago ... your the typical whiny wings fan ... my team didn't win, it's the referee, its the league there against us ... boo hop. fucking babies, and then when you can't state your case and leave it that ... you throw insults.

who outside of de - toilet cares about datsyuks injury or lidstrom's injury 5 years later ... hell those guys never cried about, they moved on, I guess they got more class than some of there fans.

If I'm not mistaken Pittsburgh played under the same timeline.