LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    rival. wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    All the CBC broadcasters said it was the correct call.

According to them the criteria is:

Clear cut breakaway
    Taking away a scoring chance
    No shot on goal

i agree with this and i do not have a dog in this fight either.

two handed slash prevented the shot. no different than hooking the guy down to the ice in my opinion.

one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't calls for the ref. tough situation for a game 6...

and if Howard makes the save you have to figure that would have flipped all the momentum toward the Wings, but by the way he acted after the shot went in my guess is his he was upset about the call and clearly was thinking about the call. Game 7 should be good.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    jlaustin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    he is an angry person in general ... :lol::lol::lol:

i'm not a fan of the call on the penalty shot myself but i hate the whole notion of what should or shouldn't be a call in the playoffs vs. the regular season ... if the rules say that should have been a penalty shot ... he's gotta call it ...

:lol::lol::lol:

not that angry ... don't have a dog in the fight ...

The penalty shot is a judgement call ... a lot of penalties are judgement calls, it no secret that the NHL is the worst officiated sport ... IMO ... there is a t=on of interference that goes uncalled, I'd love to see that called every time until the players learn that if they interfere it'll be a penalty ... it may take a year or even 2 but eventual that'll open up the ice and the play would improve the entertainment.

I wan't referring to the penalty shot... I was talking about your snide comments about the fans of Detroit - which you felt the need to edit your post to add. Sorry if we don't meet up to your lofty standards. We lost the game. The penalty shot was not the reason, but it certainly didn't help. Maybe you can start a Fuck the Red Wings and their fans suck thread.

were you at the game? then my comments weren't directed at you. If you market yourselves as hockey town then maybe the fans at the arena might want to stick out the last 2 minutes, scoring 2 goals in the last 2 minutes is not unheard of ... :lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Not sure any fans in attendance or at home are responsible for marketing the team, the slogan, etc. Love to get in on that revenue stream myself.

Here's to a terrific game 7 - Go Wings!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    #2 needs to take a seat on the bench. two bad plays by him on both Hawks goals in the 3rd.

hes been like that all the playoffs....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    it no secret that the NHL is the worst officiated sport ... IMO ...

mlb by a landslide ...
    Imo the 3rd goal was the issue not the 4th. Toews was offside all the way and the line judge didnt catch it.

When i saw it unfold I was like "F", reminds me of the philly goal over the penguins,(Briere I believe) that i saw off TSN's 10 most controversial goals early that week.

I may have jinxed the wings :cry:

My hate for whinny Toews and showboat Kane are steadily growing. and damn you Bollard and Bickell.

:lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami wrote:
    Imo the 3rd goal was the issue not the 4th. Toews was offside all the way and the line judge didnt catch it.

When i saw it unfold I was like "F", reminds me of the philly goal over the penguins,(Briere I believe) that i saw off TSN's 10 most controversial goals early that week.

My hate for whinny Toews and showboat Kane are steadily growing. and damn you Bollard and Bickell.

he wasn't offside because detroit brought the puck back into the zone
    polaris_x wrote:
    Nami wrote:

he wasn't offside because detroit brought the puck back into the zone

thought they showed that Frazen didnt touch the puck.
    Nami wrote:

you got some video? ... from the replays i see - it sure looks like he knocked it into the zone
    polaris_x wrote:
    Nami wrote:

you got some video? ... from the replays i see - it sure looks like he knocked it into the zone[/quote

all i can find is from the corner on ...on nhl.com. what you got?
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    why did wings fans leave joe louis last night with 4 mins to play?
    because they had to get back home to chicago.

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    epic choke.
    up 3-1 and now into a game 7.

Im still rooting for you's.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    it no secret that the NHL is the worst officiated sport ... IMO ...

mlb by a landslide ...

Bad umpiring isn't the reason your jays are last and nearly 10 out. ;)

davidtrios wrote:
    why did wings fans leave joe louis last night with 4 mins to play?
    because they had to get back home to chicago.

:lol::lol:

lukin2006 wrote:

always with the low blows ... :lol:

bathgate ... epic choke is leading 4-1 with 10 mins to play in the 3rd ... :lol:

kerry fraser on the penalty shot call
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424167
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Realy not looking forward to tomorrow night. Its only appropriate though that these 2 are going to a game 7 in the final time they can meet in the western conference playoffs
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

always with the low blows ... :lol:

bathgate ... epic choke is leading 4-1 with 10 mins to play in the 3rd ... :lol:

kerry fraser on the penalty shot call
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424167

I have no problem with the call ... many red wing fans do though. But NHL refereeing is inconsistent ... hopefully they put the whistles away in game 7.

lukin2006 wrote:
    I have no problem with the call ... many red wing fans do though. But NHL refereeing is inconsistent ... hopefully they put the whistles away in game 7.

but you wrote this:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I'd love to see that called every time until the players learn that if they interfere it'll be a penalty ... it may take a year or even 2 but eventual that'll open up the ice and the play would improve the entertainment.

:?:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Should be a hum dinger tonight. Refs better leave their whistles at home. Let the players sort this out unless something extreme happens.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mortal_kombat_finish_him.png
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I normally roll my eyes when they call "soft" penalty shots.

But I thought that was the right call.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    I drove through Detroit on my way to Canada last Friday, and then again last night on my way back to Chicago. I listened to Detroit radio on Hawks Wings series.

What a difference between a few days. Friday fans were putting Howard in the HOF, and yesterday they are blaming the whole series on him. A lot of crying about the penalty shot also. It seems momentum has shifted.

Go Hawks!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:
    I drove through Detroit on my way to Canada last Friday, and then again last night on my way back to Chicago. I listened to Detroit radio on Hawks Wings series.

What a difference between a few days. Friday fans were putting Howard in the HOF, and yesterday they are blaming the whole series on him. A lot of crying about the penalty shot also. It seems momentum has shifted.

Go Hawks!

It's like that all the time ...

polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

but you wrote this:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I'd love to see that called every time until the players learn that if they interfere it'll be a penalty ... it may take a year or even 2 but eventual that'll open up the ice and the play would improve the entertainment.

:?:

sorry every statement that people make around here is completely up to some of your standards. NHL refereeing isn't consistent or for that not even close, there was an identical play in game 4 that wasn't called a penalty shot. as for interference there is far too much of it and should be called and the league said after the 2004 lockout that interference would be called consistently. As for game 7, seriously, you gonna hold me to a statement when both teams know only the blatant stuff will called :fp: :fp:.

Should be a good game ... could be the last time Chicago and Detroit meet in playoff series for a while.

GO WINGS GO!
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:

Go Wings!

It's like that all the time ...

yep.
    did you see me? i saw you.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    sorry every statement that people make around here is completely up to some of your standards. NHL refereeing isn't consistent or for that not even close, there was an identical play in game 4 that wasn't called a penalty shot. as for interference there is far too much of it and should be called and the league said after the 2004 lockout that interference would be called consistently. As for game 7, seriously, you gonna hold me to a statement when both teams know only the blatant stuff will called :fp: :fp:.

i really don't care ... i just wanted clarification ... i think refereeing should be consistent ... your previous post about that i completely agree with ... then you said - you hope they put the whistles away ...

i can't stand the clutching and stick work in the nhl ... personally, i'd love to see that shit called all the time and the rinks enlarged ...
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    This has been the longest day - my stomach is in knots...

Let's Go Wings!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

jlaustin wrote:
    This has been the longest day - my stomach is in knots...

Let's Go Wings!

Game 7's are fun ... But nerve racking for fans of their teams in game 7.