mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Jason P said:

Bronn and Jamie sneaking into Dorne ...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    ^^^ that is fucking awesome
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Really love this season
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Holy poop balls!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Where the fuck did that come from???
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    World War Z last night!
  • Options
    Here is one of the Thenns about five minutes after turning Snow's offer down ....

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Jason P said:

Holy poop balls!!!

Right? That was crazy! That was awesome!!! Wow, what an episode!
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 825
    I've been waiting for that since the first episode! And those kids! Awesome!

Does anyone know if 'the dead' are considered white walkers or at least WW in training?

I figured the WW's would have an army themselves, but why fight if you could summon the dead to do it for you? They are smarter than I thought.

This season is probably the best yet and that's saying A LOT!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options

I've been waiting for that since the first episode! And those kids! Awesome!

Does anyone know if 'the dead' are considered white walkers or at least WW in training?

I figured the WW's would have an army themselves, but why fight if you could summon the dead to do it for you? They are smarter than I thought.

This season is probably the best yet and that's saying A LOT!

As far as I can tell, the White Walkers are some evil undead wizards and the dead that they rise, otherwise known as Wights, are their minions.

I think it was last season when the Night King turned one of Crasters living sons into a baby White Walker.

Based on the stories told to Bran by his nanny in the first book, the Night King may be a former Lord of the North, possibly a Stark, that was seduced by a White Witch.
  • Options
    Overall, I haven't been very happy with the way this season had been going (i.e. Ishtar), but last nights episode was a top 5 overall out of all seasons. The Tyrion / Khaleesi banter was great and injected a stalled storyline with some vigor. Arya's storyline is kind of stuck in the mud, but that's the way the books kept it. Cersie is getting her due.

And the last twenty minutes were gold! I thought it was going to be a setup episode of political intrigue for the episode 9 typical bloodbath, and then, wow ....
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Overall, I haven't been very happy with the way this season had been going (i.e. Ishtar), but last nights episode was a top 5 overall out of all seasons. The Tyrion / Khaleesi banter was great and injected a stalled storyline with some vigor. Arya's storyline is kind of stuck in the mud, but that's the way the books kept it. Cersie is getting her due.

And the last twenty minutes were gold! I thought it was going to be a setup episode of political intrigue for the episode 9 typical bloodbath, and then, wow ....

Yeah, been slow at times this season but I think it's been great. Last nights episode was incredible!
  • Options
    This season has been tougher for me as a book fan but overall I still love it and was excited for Dany and The Imp to start working together. The World War Z thing was a non-event in the book but I thought it was frigging awesome so love it in there.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996

This season has been tougher for me as a book fan but overall I still love it and was excited for Dany and The Imp to start working together. The World War Z thing was a non-event in the book but I thought it was frigging awesome so love it in there.

Agree. I was actually a little bored earlier in the season (how is that possible?) but it's gotten better and I thought last night was great. I'm gonna watch it again tonight because my husband hasn't seen it yet.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

Agree. I was actually a little bored earlier in the season (how is that possible?) but it's gotten better and I thought last night was great. I'm gonna watch it again tonight because my husband hasn't seen it yet.
    As someone with experience writing for this sort of stuff I imagine you have to dig Tyrion. Any excuse for them to write great dialogue for Peter Dinklage is awesome.
    I find the writing to be wonderful for this - and as a book nerd I think that is a pretty high level of praise for the writers in this case.
    I dont think it is a work of art like I do, say, Deadwood....but I think it is fantastic. Sometimes when I watch back I rewind scenes that I love. Deadwood was before I got the original TiVo (although I think it was about the same time) and I remember going online to read some of the dialogue the next day just because I loved the sound of it so much.

This series truly does rock.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    the last episode was epic!!!!the last scene was the shit!!epic!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    The slowless(?) of this everyone talks about it for me is very important.

Last season was all in your face with deaths left and right but very little character development and thats what this season has been all about , character develpment , everyone is growing in the show somehow.

About this weeks episode all i gotta say is this : everyone should start getting their shit together because how in the hell are they gonna stop The Army of Death , that was some truly epic shit in the end.

Game Of Thrones might be the best and most epic TV Show ever done , i truly believe that.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    This season has been more of a slow burn to what should be hopefully a big payoff, if episode 8 was any indication. My only problem with season 5 is that they have butchered the Dorne story line, at least so far, which should have been epic. As a book reader too, I'm enjoying the changes.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Last episode definitely was the best of the season so far. It's been a rather lackluster season, but still enjoyable. The whole Dorne storyline is a huge disappointment besides the Bronn & Jamie conversation in the boat. Maybe it's just that I don't care, or know why I should care about the Princess they are going to rescue. I love the Tyrion and Dany storyline. I hope Varys gets to her as well. Tyrion & Varys are gold together.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    It's funny cause if you love the books there's stuff you really want to see (or miss - like Lady Stoneheart). I bet we all have favorites - Tyrion, absolutely. Arya. I got bored with the Theon stuff in the books and I'm bored with him in the series.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

It's funny cause if you love the books there's stuff you really want to see (or miss - like Lady Stoneheart). I bet we all have favorites - Tyrion, absolutely. Arya. I got bored with the Theon stuff in the books and I'm bored with him in the series.

Yeah I thought they cast Theon-Reek very well. He plays 'unlikeable' to the point that I bet people dislike him when they meet him just from this role.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    holy shit...amazing episode. I think I'll watch it again tonight.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    So there are only what...4-5 Valarian steel blades out there? Could be trouble!
    Though, I wonder if the magic effects the White Walkers have work below the wall?
    Can't wait to see what happens!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    When Tywin Lannister melted down Ned Stark's sword and made it into two blades, didn't he mention bringing in some expert to do it who still remembered the old ways or something similar?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

When Tywin Lannister melted down Ned Stark's sword and made it into two blades, didn't he mention bringing in some expert to do it who still remembered the old ways or something similar?

Hmmm....that sounds right. So even if that dude knows how to forge the blades, to get that many swords out there to take down an army of White Walkers (plus their army of zombies) would take some doing. Is the steel obtained and forged in Old Velaria? If so, that seems like a fn scary place to want to go to stop another scary army of magical undead! hahaha
    I wonder if they could make arrowheads out of dragonglass? Hmmmm.....ha!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    There are a few smiths that can rework with Valyrian steel, but none can make it.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

There are a few smiths that can rework with Valyrian steel, but none can make it.

Well that's not good! Hahaha!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    Enkidu said:

you're in this thread?!??

never mind, then.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Watch the last 2 episodes last night and wow. So much shit going on and im trying to recall what was and wasn't in the books.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    I read the first two books a few months ago but stopped there. I think the show is better. May go back and read the third one just for Martin's take on the Red Wedding, but I don't envision keeping at it after that.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."