Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    DewieCox said:
    Kinda messed up but my only disappointment came from lack of major character deaths.
    There is another war coming, have faith.

So the dead did rise in the crypt!  Who was lost there?
    I thought that was just the dead tunneling into the crypt, I did not think that was Ned-with-no-head and Lyanna....
    That's what I thought...we needed a character to exclaim "holy shit the dead are rising from the crypts!" so that we all understood.
    But that character should have been standing in the dark so we really could not tell, for sure, what the heck was going on...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    DewieCox said:
    Kinda messed up but my only disappointment came from lack of major character deaths.
    There is another war coming, have faith.

So the dead did rise in the crypt!  Who was lost there?
    I thought that was just the dead tunneling into the crypt, I did not think that was Ned-with-no-head and Lyanna....
    That's what I thought...we needed a character to exclaim "holy shit the dead are rising from the crypts!" so that we all understood.
    But that character should have been standing in the dark so we really could not tell, for sure, what the heck was going on...
    lol, well played.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I switched TVs in the middle of the episode, actually from a larger screen to a smaller screen, and it helped a bit.

This episode really looked like shit, though.

Peter Jackson shot the Helm’s Deep battle for The Two Towers nearly two decades ago now, and that looked perfect.

No excuse for an episode of this magnitude to look like it was shot on an iPhone by a toddler. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    dankind said:
    I switched TVs in the middle of the episode, actually from a larger screen to a smaller screen, and it helped a bit.

This episode really looked like shit, though.

Peter Jackson shot the Helm’s Deep battle for The Two Towers nearly two decades ago now, and that looked perfect.

No excuse for an episode of this magnitude to look like it was shot on an iPhone by a toddler. 
    Yeah, my wife read me something someone posted about LOTR and I told her the same thing -- there is a way to shoot a nighttime battle where it doesn't give you a headache. 
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    If they wanted to really give Theon a great send of, and give us a big character death, they could have had the Night King off Arya when he caught her and simultaneously had Theon get the Night King as his final act. 

Not that I'm disappointed with Arya getting the kill or anything. I just feel like the episode didn't really do anything other than kill off the WW which we all knew would happen anyhow.

Now off to Kings Landing with their spear shooter with the remaining 1 (or 2) dragons. Who gets Cersei? Daenerys? Jamie? Tyrion? A dragon? Sansa? Arya? Someone else?

Does the Hound get the Mountain? Or does Arya bail his ass out?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    "Arya pretty much flooded her pants when she got that dragonglass spear made by Gendry."
    :lol:

That bar video clip is pretty funny, as well.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I thought it was a pretty good episode minus the horrible darkness effects like everyone else mentioned.  Didn’t buy a 4K tv with “true black” to see annoyingly pixelated dark scenes...Arya being the hero was great and I totally overlooked the “blue eyes” foreshadowing.  Thanks to whoever mentioned that above!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    If they wanted to really give Theon a great send of, and give us a big character death, they could have had the Night King off Arya when he caught her and simultaneously had Theon get the Night King as his final act. 

Not that I'm disappointed with Arya getting the kill or anything. I just feel like the episode didn't really do anything other than kill off the WW which we all knew would happen anyhow.

Now off to Kings Landing with their spear shooter with the remaining 1 (or 2) dragons. Who gets Cersei? Daenerys? Jamie? Tyrion? A dragon? Sansa? Arya? Someone else?

Im thinking she is going to ninja-creep Cersei, and get caught by The Mountain who will crush her.  The Hound will get mad and we will see them fight which will end with both their deaths.  Sansa will get the pleasure of killing Cersei.  
  • Options

Sonsa ain't killin nuthin.  She proved that this episode.

As for killing Cersei?

I thought that it would be Arya but she got her big moment with the Knight King.

Cersei  in exile for the remainder of her days.

Everyone redeemed themselves this episode, if you could actually see it.

Does anyone else need redeeming or are we done?  If someone is left to do some redeeming then that is the character that will off Cersei but I don't think she dies from anyone. 

My future predictions.

Also I would think that Daenary's has a baby from John to continue the line since incest is the theme on this show.

The dragons both die in battle so it is Human rule again.

John Snow dies, again.

The Iron Bank collects it's tab on Cersei.  Put her in exile.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278

As for killing Cersei?

I thought that it would be Arya but she got her big moment with the Knight King.

Does anyone else need redeeming or are we done?  If someone is left to do some redeeming then that is the character that will off Cersei but I don't think she dies from anyone. 

My future predictions.

Also I would think that Daenary's has a baby from John to continue the line since incest is the theme on this show.

John Snow dies, again.

Didn’t Cersei pay off the debt to the Iron Bank with the gold they took from the Tyrells? I remember something about the Golden Company sellswords being paid for in full.

Part of me still thinks (hopes) that Jamie will be the one that kills Cersei
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Maybe Cersei should do the shame walk for 10 minutes each of the last 3 episodes.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    I think Ghost kills everyone, game over.

:lol:  
  • Options
    goldrush said:

As for killing Cersei?

My future predictions.

John Snow dies, again.

Didn’t Cersei pay off the debt to the Iron Bank with the gold they took from the Tyrells? I remember something about the Golden Company sellswords being paid for in full.

They just got another army, not sure if it is paid for yet?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    MayDay10 said:

Im thinking she is going to ninja-creep Cersei, and get caught by The Mountain who will crush her.  The Hound will get mad and we will see them fight which will end with both their deaths.  Sansa will get the pleasure of killing Cersei.  
    Or Jayme?  Jaime? Jamie?  Not sure how to spell it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited April 2019
    Jaime.  I thought of that... but his whole arc is redeeming his honor.  To kill a woman, a queen would be bad... but in this world, killing your kin is like the most dishonorable thing you can do.

He will definitely enable it by making a choice, but not do the deed
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    So is that Greyjoy chick going to kill her uncle?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    goldrush said:

As for killing Cersei?

My future predictions.

John Snow dies, again.

Didn't Dany and her dragons take that gold in the whatever battle last season? The only where she took prisoners and excecuted Sam's father and brother after?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mace1229 said:
    goldrush said:

As for killing Cersei?

My future predictions.

John Snow dies, again.

Didn't Dany and her dragons take that gold in the whatever battle last season? The only where she took prisoners and excecuted Sam's father and brother after?
    Cersei got the gold, Dany burned all the food for the Lanister  army. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    MayDay10 said:
    Jaime.  I thought of that... but his whole arc is redeeming his honor.  To kill a woman, a queen would be bad... but in this world, killing your kin is like the most dishonorable thing you can do.

Thought it would be Arya, since she has now killed 2 of the 3 eyes Melissandra told her about.  Brown for Frey, Blue for the night king, Green for Cersei. But I can't see her taking down the Night King and the Queen. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Thought it would be Arya, since she has now killed 2 of the 3 eyes Melissandra told her about.  Brown for Frey, Blue for the night king, Green for Cersei. But I can't see her taking down the Night King and the Queen. 
    Molly the Frog said it was going to be her little brother that choked her...so I am thinking Tyrion or Jaime.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    I really enjoyed the episode.
    Funny and maddening story.
    I had to fly to Salt Lake for work yesterday.  The entire day I was thinking "no delays, this is going to be a close one by the time I get in and drive to the hotel".
    Timing was perfect.  First thing I did when I got to my room was to turn on HBO.  Perfect!  Everything was working great.  It wasn't my 65" bad ass TV with my killer sound system at home, but it'll do.
    Had some time to kill so I went down to the hotel bar for a pre-show beer.  I left the TV on (sound down) just to be sure.  Get back 5 minutes before and there is "No signal" on the screen.  Turn it off and on, nothing.  Fiddle with the cables...nothing.  AHHHHHHHH!!!!
    I called the front desk.  "Sir, we will send a tech up in about 20-30 minutes".  "Um, no, Game of Thrones is coming on!"  *click.  Ahhhhhh!
    Grab my iPad and fire up HBO Go.  Couldn't remember my DirecTV password or my internet password.  FUCK!
    Not sure what happened but it started to work (5 minutes behind the rest of the world).  Guy comes up a couple minutes later and couldn't get it working.  Had to watch the entire episode on my iPad in a dark room so I could actually see what was going on.

It was a close one.

I have noticed the quality of the video this season has been pretty crappy, even on my badass TV.  I have DirecTV and don't have issues with anything else, but the GOT episodes have looked like there are framerate issues.  Lots of blur and anything dark has looked pixelated...and that was the first two episodes.  
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    I'm looking forward to Bronn and Tyrion seeing each other again and what happens there. They were really good friends for a while but a lot has changed. I think Bronn will be able to kill Jamie ad he had been tasked by Cersie to kill both of her brothers, but I dont believe he will be able to kill Tyrion.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I can't be alone in being frustrated as fuck at three quarters of that episode being so damn dark that I had a tough time telling what in the hell was going on.
    It was frustrating but I thought they were just trying to underscore confusing it was to be the characters in that moment. Next week when it's light out we'll account for the survivors
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Sorry, but one more ...
    Do we have any explanation for that crazy haze/fog?
    Evaporation from fire meeting ice???
  • Options
    Sorry, but one more ...
    Could have been, just seemed odd that it was sort of a weapon used by the Night King and not explained.
  • Options
    Sorry, but one more ...
    Could have been, just seemed odd that it was sort of a weapon used by the Night King and not explained.
    I thought it was the storm coming from the Knight King, that whole "winter is coming" thing.
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    I really enjoyed the episode.
    Funny and maddening story.
    I had to fly to Salt Lake for work yesterday.  The entire day I was thinking "no delays, this is going to be a close one by the time I get in and drive to the hotel".
    Timing was perfect.  First thing I did when I got to my room was to turn on HBO.  Perfect!  Everything was working great.  It wasn't my 65" bad ass TV with my killer sound system at home, but it'll do.
    Had some time to kill so I went down to the hotel bar for a pre-show beer.  I left the TV on (sound down) just to be sure.  Get back 5 minutes before and there is "No signal" on the screen.  Turn it off and on, nothing.  Fiddle with the cables...nothing.  AHHHHHHHH!!!!
    I called the front desk.  "Sir, we will send a tech up in about 20-30 minutes".  "Um, no, Game of Thrones is coming on!"  *click.  Ahhhhhh!
    Grab my iPad and fire up HBO Go.  Couldn't remember my DirecTV password or my internet password.  FUCK!
    Not sure what happened but it started to work (5 minutes behind the rest of the world).  Guy comes up a couple minutes later and couldn't get it working.  Had to watch the entire episode on my iPad in a dark room so I could actually see what was going on.

It was a close one.

I have noticed the quality of the video this season has been pretty crappy, even on my badass TV.  I have DirecTV and don't have issues with anything else, but the GOT episodes have looked like there are framerate issues.  Lots of blur and anything dark has looked pixelated...and that was the first two episodes.  
    Crazy, that would have been a huge bummer.
    Even bigger than having to be in SLC!  ;)
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Sorry, but one more ...

They used the fog to indicate the arrival of the dead in other episodes... Hardhome for one, and more recently when they ventured north of the wall to capture a wight to bring back to King's Landing.

• Options
    gotcha, thanks