A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited April 2019
    igotid88 said:
    Who felt weird seeing Arya and Gendry? Only because we watched her grow up
    weird indeed
    If they had gone into a 40 minute battle instead of ending it  . potential top episode ever.  Still crazy to think only 4 episodes and the first two were both setup episode.  No one has died. 

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    That was fun.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I can understand people wanting more action but I love all the dialog from the characters.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The “Shiny Happy People” episode
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Tyrion's best episode in a while, I thought.
    They hammered us with the Giantsbane flirting stuff but I laughed at every part. 
    "Stark" contrast to the next episode, where if things go as most of us think....about 80% of the characters bite it.
    (Please no magic bullets to easily beat the Night King!)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    They hammered us with the Giantsbane flirting stuff but I laughed at every part. 
    "Stark" contrast to the next episode, where if things go as most of us think....about 80% of the characters bite it.

"Is the big woman still here?!?"

That whole back and forth of those scenes cracked me up.

Good for Arya, glad she got some, lol.

I hope that Tyrion got some good info from Bran and it will help later.

Sir Brienne.  Nice touch.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    The Arya moment was definitely weird. And yes, weird only because they showed skin, it felt like watching my 12-yeard old cousin or something. Could have done with just some implications for that scene, and then the shot afterwards that they had at the end of the episode would have been better.

Also the episode could have been about 10 or 20 minutes shorter I thought. Good overall, but dragged a bit at times watching them all wait to die. Next week is going to be a big one though.

If they made thousands and thousands of arrows w dragons glass, they could just keep shooting them and keep the walkers away?

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Good thought on Tyrion/Bran, I did not reflect back that they skipped away there.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    If they made thousands and thousands of arrows w dragons glass, they could just keep shooting them and keep the walkers away?

Possibly, But I don't know if they ever gave an estimate, but I think implied that the dead army is in the tens, maybe even hundred of thousands. If every arrow hit a different target I dont think it would be enough. Assuming they didn't all get killed by the ice dragon in the mean time.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

Good thought on Tyrion/Bran, I did not reflect back that they skipped away there.
    I'm fairly certain Tyrion got a ton of info.  There was no reason whatsoever for the episode to include that if it didn't mean for something to come up in the future.  
    I thought the episode was one of the best in a while.  "Old school" Thrones...filled with awesome dialogue.  

I think literally everything Tormond said last night was "LOL".  That dude is awesome!

Easier for train someone in a few days to fight with a dagger then bow and arrow in guessing. 
    I wonder if you had everyone eat a morsel of dragon stone before the battle in case the get killed and then the white walker would instantly die if they transformed.  
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    I read a theory that since we did not see the Night King or his dragon that he is on his way to Kings Landing....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard said:
    I read a theory that since we did not see the Night King or his dragon that he is on his way to Kings Landing....
    An attack from both sides, in case they fend off the threat from the north?
    Interesting. 
    If there is no ice dragon I would think the other dragons could burn up the army.  Perhaps the NK's generals can throw spears well enough to keep them busy.
    Lizard said:
    That....would be interesting.  
    Send a couple thousand to Winterfell to make them think that's where the battle is going to happen and then send the rest plus the dragon to Kings Landing.  
    Wipe out Kings Landing, which would give the army of the dead another million plus soldiers...
    That would be a fun twist.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    nerds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    mca47 said:

I'm fairly certain Tyrion got a ton of info.  There was no reason whatsoever for the episode to include that if it didn't mean for something to come up in the future.  
    I thought the episode was one of the best in a while.  "Old school" Thrones...filled with awesome dialogue.  

I think literally everything Tormond said last night was "LOL".  That dude is awesome!
    Tormund crash tackling Jon as he went to greet Edd was awesome!

The Arya scene was weird because we’ve seen the character from such a young age. But Maisie Williams has said that she wanted to do it, and that the writers left it up to her how much flesh was shown.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    mca47 said:

The Arya scene was weird because we’ve seen the character from such a young age. But Maisie Williams has said that she wanted to do it, and that the writers left it up to her how much flesh was shown.
    I wonder if she was tired of looking so boyish and wanted to show that she does indeed have curves and can be pretty?
    goldrush said:
    mca47 said:

I wonder if she was tired of looking so boyish and wanted to show that she does indeed have curves and can be pretty?
    That is no way to catch Tormund's eye!
    goldrush said:
    mca47 said:

That is no way to catch Tormund's eye!
    Tormund wants the "big woman" , not Arya, lol.
    Can the Night King only raise the dead that he and his army are responsible for or just any dead person?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    So in 4 more episodes they need to defeat the night king, defeat Cersei and restore order to the iron throne.

I'm sure the bank and it's army fits in here somewhere too.

Have I got it all?
    So in 4 more episodes they need to defeat the night king, defeat Cersei and restore order to the iron throne.

Have I got it all?
    Is Dario coming over?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    mca47 said:

ALL THIS!!!!!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    JK_Livin said:
    Can the Night King only raise the dead that he and his army are responsible for or just any dead person?
    He can raise any dead. That’s why they burn the bodies. I think there’s a limit to how long they can be dead though. Im not buying the idea that he’ll bring all the dead Starks back or any for that matter.
    JK_Livin said:

Have I got it all?
    Is Dario coming over?
    Might as well since he's been MIA now for a while.
    I wonder if ONLY the Night King can raise the dead or if any of the other White Walkers can too.
    If only the NK can, and it seems pretty obvious shit is going to go down in the crypt, that would deflate the idea that he's on his way to Kings Landing.  Or is there some proximity to which he needs to be by the dead in order to raise them?  If not, he should just go ahead and raise ALL of the dead in Westeros.  

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386

I was just reminded of Rickon Stark's dream of seeing his father walking in the crypt the night before the raven arrived announcing his beheading.

Probably means nothing, and I don't believe the Starks will be reincarnated, but could that have been foreshadowing?