Chicago Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    romajo wrote:
    add two more to the list for both nights

Added!
    svenhoek wrote:
    Yes, yes, yes!! Night 2 only + 2

Added also!
    Yes! I'll be at both. :)

Can't wait to meet you all!

Added to night two!

Let's keep this on the first page!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • st1st1 Posts: 143
    My husband and I will be at both parties.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Will definitely be stopping by :D

Need tickets for both nights for a dear friend of mine. I am having his fiance use my extras for both nights. So, we need to find someone who'd be willing to part with their spares for both nights. He's a great guy, you'd have a good show with him.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Me +1 both nights

CANT WAIT!!!!!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Need tickets for both nights for a dear friend of mine. I am having his fiance use my extras for both nights. So, we need to find someone who'd be willing to part with their spares for both nights. He's a great guy, you'd have a good show with him.
    yep,u have to go ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    My brother and I will be in for Night 1. He's going back to Toledo so I'm flying solo Night 2.
    Things were different then
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    smarchee wrote:
    Can't wait! Flights are BOOKED and we'll be rolling into town on Saturday it sounds like...
    So where's the PRE-preparty at?
    :)

the bar at the Hyatt lol

Can't wait. :)
    See you kids there.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Im RSVP chicago nite 1.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    st1 wrote:
    My husband and I will be at both parties.

Added!
    Me +1 both nights

CANT WAIT!!!!!!
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Noted that you needed tix for your friend :D
    km3910 wrote:
    My brother and I will be in for Night 1. He's going back to Toledo so I'm flying solo Night 2.

Gotcha down!
    Im RSVP chicago nite 1.

Added!

Why does this thread keep falling off the 1st page. C'mon Chi party people.. keep this going. We have less than a month to go!!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313
    181 - WOW.... How many does Moretti's hold?
    yooperpj wrote:
    181 - WOW.... How many does Moretti's hold?
    Nevermind - just read the first post and it shows there. 800.
  • SD533SD533 Posts: 221
    Night 1
    Night 2 + 1
    Ok, I see that Moretti's is open until 3:30am. What is the best way to get back to the Hyatt that late? I think the El is not running then, am I wrong? Will there be cabs readily available? Not saying I'm gonna make it that late but.... Ok, I probably will.
  • Count me in.

Thanks for organizing!
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    yooperpj wrote:
    Ok, I see that Moretti's is open until 3:30am. What is the best way to get back to the Hyatt that late? I think the El is not running then, am I wrong? Will there be cabs readily available? Not saying I'm gonna make it that late but.... Ok, I probably will.

I'm sure there will be a giant group of people walking back to the Hyatt....just join us! And if your from Michigan (yooper and the red wings gave it away)...then you'll fir right in. We have about 15 people coming from Michigan!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

Dirty Tom wrote:
    yooperpj wrote:

I'm sure there will be a giant group of people walking back to the Hyatt....just join us! And if your from Michigan (yooper and the red wings gave it away)...then you'll fir right in. We have about 15 people coming from Michigan!

Sounds like a plan. Good to see alot of Michiganders coming. Grew up in Michigan and just happen to live in Ohio now but am going to the pre-party and concert with 2 from Grand Rapids and 1 from Sterling Heights.
  • You can count shits&giggles in as well for both nights representing Memphis!!

I'll be stayin at the Palmer Hilton...
    Justin smith
  • PJ ColombianPJ Colombian Posts: 113
    +1 for both nights... Outstanding job on organizing this whole thing.. Can't wait to be in Chicago amongst so many Jamheads!!
  • SD533SD533 Posts: 221
    Ok, I see that Moretti's is open until 3:30am. What is the best way to get back to the Hyatt that late? I think the El is not running then, am I wrong? Will there be cabs readily available? Not saying I'm gonna make it that late but.... Ok, I probably will.[/quote]

The #20 Madison Bus runs East from the UC back to the downtown loop area and would be a good way to get back to the area where hotels like the Hyatt and Palmer House are located.

After Moretti's, one would have to get back on Madison - the UC is on Madison. Moretti's on Jackson is a couple blocks south of Madison.

The Madison 20 bus has allnight service. A bus will generally show up at 20 to 30 minute intervals between midnight and 6 am. Once on the bus, tell the bus driver where you're trying to go and they should tell you when to get off the bus and in which direction to walk to get to your destination - at least they're trained to do this. If you do this, you'll be getting off the bus in the Loop in the middle of the night which even though it's ghost town abandoned it's relatively safe - there's sporadic police patrolling and guards sitting in the glass faced buildings. The Hyatt is 3 blocks north and 2 blocks east from Washington and Michigan Ave which is where you'll probably get off of the Madison 20 bus running back downtown (the bus cuts a block north to Washington when it's downtown). It's a couple miles down Madison from where the UC and Moretti's are at, but I wouldn't recommend a middle of the night walk down that track, especially for somebody unfamiliar with the area.

Chicago public transportation tip: If you find yourself somewhere within the city in the middle of the night with limited funds and uncertainty about how to get the hell out of where you are at, find a corner with a CTA bus sign that says OWL - OWL means middle of the night bus service, if the sign doesn't say OWL that means you're not going to see a bus until the sun rises. Make sure to have a few single dollar bills in your pocket for these types of situational mishaps if you're not equipped with a CTA fare card. Cabs are a 24/7 enterprise on all of the major streets - major street = anywhere there is a street light. If you are out there the vultures will find you - I used to think that they were running with heat sensors.

Enjoy your stay in Chicago.
  • Count me +1 for night 1. Don't know about night 2, yet
    SD533 wrote:

The #20 Madison Bus runs East from the UC back to the downtown loop area and would be a good way to get back to the area where hotels like the Hyatt and Palmer House are located.

After Moretti's, one would have to get back on Madison - the UC is on Madison. Moretti's on Jackson is a couple blocks south of Madison.

The Madison 20 bus has allnight service. A bus will generally show up at 20 to 30 minute intervals between midnight and 6 am. Once on the bus, tell the bus driver where you're trying to go and they should tell you when to get off the bus and in which direction to walk to get to your destination - at least they're trained to do this. If you do this, you'll be getting off the bus in the Loop in the middle of the night which even though it's ghost town abandoned it's relatively safe - there's sporadic police patrolling and guards sitting in the glass faced buildings. The Hyatt is 3 blocks north and 2 blocks east from Washington and Michigan Ave which is where you'll probably get off of the Madison 20 bus running back downtown (the bus cuts a block north to Washington when it's downtown). It's a couple miles down Madison from where the UC and Moretti's are at, but I wouldn't recommend a middle of the night walk down that track, especially for somebody unfamiliar with the area.

Chicago public transportation tip: If you find yourself somewhere within the city in the middle of the night with limited funds and uncertainty about how to get the hell out of where you are at, find a corner with a CTA bus sign that says OWL - OWL means middle of the night bus service, if the sign doesn't say OWL that means you're not going to see a bus until the sun rises. Make sure to have a few single dollar bills in your pocket for these types of situational mishaps if you're not equipped with a CTA fare card. Cabs are a 24/7 enterprise on all of the major streets - major street = anywhere there is a street light. If you are out there the vultures will find you - I used to think that they were running with heat sensors.

Enjoy your stay in Chicago.[/quote]

Very good tips. Thanks. 24 Days.
    I have only been to 1 pj pre-party (DC last year) There was a band playing. Is that pretty standard?
    yooperpj wrote:
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    yooperpj wrote:

Sounds like a plan. Good to see alot of Michiganders coming. Grew up in Michigan and just happen to live in Ohio now but am going to the pre-party and concert with 2 from Grand Rapids and 1 from Sterling Heights.

I live in Sterling Heights>!>>!>! Who is this person that lives right by me and I never met??

Dirty Tom wrote:
    I live in Sterling Heights>!>>!>! Who is this person that lives right by me and I never met??

He is not a poster on the board as far as I know and he is fucking with me on whether he is going or not. I know he wants to. I know he used to live in S.H. He just moved recently but I dont think he moved to far from where he was. He used to live on Surrey Drive, close to 15 mile and mound.
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Anyone happen to be staying at the Travelodge? Or how about the Rosemore, where they rent rooms by the hour?!? :?
  • cindylcindyl Posts: 63
    i'm at the travelodge,close to art musuem,on red line el, seems decent from internet, was expedia deal.
    as to bus ,they run a 19 express on event nights i'll call to verify its running,seems easier to use bus than metro to me.
    And, an FYI for ALL, this is my first PJ concert!!! So ya'll best be ready to get crazy before/after with me to make it a memorable first time. Can't wait to delete my virgin status... :mrgreen:
    cindyl wrote:
    i'm at the travelodge,close to art musuem,on red line el, seems decent from internet, was expedia deal.
    as to bus ,they run a 19 express on event nights i'll call to verify its running,seems easier to use bus than metro to me.

Are you familiar with CHI at all? What night?
  • cindylcindyl Posts: 63
    the 20 bus runs madison from michigan to the united center 24/7 the CTA runs an express bus from the randolph station to the united center for every hockey/b ball game,i have their phone number and will verify if they are running this bus for both nights of the concerts,think 90 minutes before start and 60 after is the norm.
    i dont see an easy metro route, but then again i dont want to walk in unknown area's that has a bad rep.so packing into a bus for a 22 minute ride dont seem a bad idea.

never been to chicago but i study maps and the transit sites info,you need a clue on getting hotel to united and back i'll give you a hand
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    BUMP back to the first page... because I'm excited. :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
    18 more days!!!