Chicago Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    gndcd402 wrote:
    mindi wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:
    haha i need to wear a nametag since i know nobody :(
    You are joking!!! You are the youtube GOD!!! :mrgreen:
    that i may be...but nobody can put a face to my screenname :P
    Possibly I could. You have you as your avatar there ;)
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    mindi wrote:
    Possibly I could. You have you as your avatar there ;)
    muse?! well...actually if u put both my youtube and message pit avatar together then u will have NO problem picking me out :) i guarantee ill be the only one wearing a muse shirt
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Is it Chicago time yet?
    I was preparing my liver tonight...
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • I've been a 10c member for a long time but just started posting again this past spring. I have to admit that when I went to the EV show in Nashville, I was looking at all of these people around me outside the venue, inside the venue, at the hotel... wondering - who are these people? I wonder if any of them are people that I've seen on this board? I didn't make it to the pre-party like I had hoped so I didn't meet people there. Although name tags might be crazy for the youth of today... I actually thought it would have been helpful. I thought I might frighten people at the venue if I just walked up and said, "Hi. I'm DreamOfAngels... are you an active poster on the 10c forum? If so, what's your name? If you aren't, nevermind"
  • Add myself +1 for both nights. What time are the raffles taking place? All day? Got some stuff to donate, but won't be able to get to the party til mid-aft.
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Add myself +1 for both nights. What time are the raffles taking place? All day? Got some stuff to donate, but won't be able to get to the party til mid-aft.
    I'm sure Laura will post when she gets a chance but usually the raffle is held at the end of the pre show party, so around 4:30-5ish.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    mindi wrote:
    Add myself +1 for both nights. What time are the raffles taking place? All day? Got some stuff to donate, but won't be able to get to the party til mid-aft.
    I'm sure Laura will post when she gets a chance but usually the raffle is held at the end of the pre show party, so around 4:30-5ish.

Sounds about right. You should have plenty of time...
  • cindylcindyl Posts: 63
    deadmantalking says-i dont want to know no body who wants to know me, i dont even know myself
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883

Raffles are announced towards the end of the party. Usually around 6ish.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Count me in + 1 for both nights.

Great post with the maps!
  • Is it Chicago time yet?

I'm not one much for liver but I heard a good merinade helps. Lowery's too. :D
  • I've been a 10c member for a long time but just started posting again this past spring. I have to admit that when I went to the EV show in Nashville, I was looking at all of these people around me outside the venue, inside the venue, at the hotel... wondering - who are these people? I wonder if any of them are people that I've seen on this board? I didn't make it to the pre-party like I had hoped so I didn't meet people there. Although name tags might be crazy for the youth of today... I actually thought it would have been helpful. I thought I might frighten people at the venue if I just walked up and said, "Hi. I'm DreamOfAngels... are you an active poster on the 10c forum? If so, what's your name? If you aren't, nevermind"
    Actually, you are supposed to walk up to random people and ask "are you on the message pit"?????

we all do......

but you only do it once......

because after that random person looks at you like you are a complete weirdo......

you never do it again.....

hehehehehe..............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=106302&p=2435180#p2435180

In case anyone wanted to hit a sox game on saturday night, or sunday afternoon....
  • Is it Chicago time yet?

I'm not one much for liver but I heard a good merinade helps. Lowery's too. :D
    lmfao :lol:
    Actually, you are supposed to walk up to random people and ask "are you on the message pit"?????

we all do......

because after that random person looks at you like you are a complete weirdo......

hehehehehe..............

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I've been a 10c member for a long time but just started posting again this past spring. I have to admit that when I went to the EV show in Nashville, I was looking at all of these people around me outside the venue, inside the venue, at the hotel... wondering - who are these people? I wonder if any of them are people that I've seen on this board? I didn't make it to the pre-party like I had hoped so I didn't meet people there. Although name tags might be crazy for the youth of today... I actually thought it would have been helpful. I thought I might frighten people at the venue if I just walked up and said, "Hi. I'm DreamOfAngels... are you an active poster on the 10c forum? If so, what's your name? If you aren't, nevermind"

we all do......

hehehehehe..............

I've had some pretty good success with that technique Speedy.
    I did get a strange look from the guy I did it to at the Coldplay concert a couple weeks ago though...
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    up it goes!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I've been a 10c member for a long time but just started posting again this past spring. I have to admit that when I went to the EV show in Nashville, I was looking at all of these people around me outside the venue, inside the venue, at the hotel... wondering - who are these people? I wonder if any of them are people that I've seen on this board? I didn't make it to the pre-party like I had hoped so I didn't meet people there. Although name tags might be crazy for the youth of today... I actually thought it would have been helpful. I thought I might frighten people at the venue if I just walked up and said, "Hi. I'm DreamOfAngels... are you an active poster on the 10c forum? If so, what's your name? If you aren't, nevermind"

we all do......

hehehehehe..............

Ive gotten that look a few times, I dont ask at a show anymore "are you on the message board" :lol:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I wore a nametag at the EV night 2 Chicago pre-party last year

Am I a knob ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    smarchee wrote:

Am I a knob ?
    we all are
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    smarchee wrote:

Am I a knob ?

of course not!

I dont wear mine because the people that dont know me from the board think I'm a stalker when they see me walk around with a name tag that says Mrs.Vedder78! :shock: :lol:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
    MEGATRON wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Am I a knob ?
    we all are

You can either go around talking to people asking them OR just wear the tag and no questions will be needed.

You can get your official name tags from Evil Closet Monkey (since he invoked the idea) ;)

I will proudly wear my nametag at all the preparties.
    Make sure you come up and say hello!! :D

• shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    Way to come through FOXY!!! I know they are usally closed on Sundays so way to pull it off!!! See you both nights!!!!!
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    smarchee wrote:

Am I a knob ?
    i have a knob
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    gndcd402 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Am I a knob ?
    i have a knob

Please don't display it at the party.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    gndcd402 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Am I a knob ?
    i have a knob

Please don't display it at the party.

lamo, maybe the afterparty
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    MEGATRON wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Am I a knob ?
    we all are

You can either go around talking to people asking them OR just wear the tag and no questions will be needed.

You can get your official name tags from Evil Closet Monkey (since he invoked the idea) ;)

Tom... you are an ASSHAT ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
    I will proudly wear my nametag at all the preparties.
    Make sure you come up and say hello!! :D

I will definately make sure to say hello ;)