Chicago Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    loadedgun wrote:
    To those of you familiar in the area-is it safe to walk down Madison (from Madison and Halsted, towards the river) to get to the pre-party and UC? I'm looking at a hotel there and not sure if I should plan on walking back after the show or if I should plan on getting a cab or something. It's a bit of a trek to the pre-party but I won't mind it. How 'iffy' is that part of Madison going to be after the show?

Just bring what your screen name says and you will be fine. :lol:

I think you will be fine walking. The area has been cleaned up some over recent years, besides I'm sure there will be many people walking from after the show as well. A cab is always an option and should be an easy find outside the arena.
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Count me in +1, night #1... So stoked beyond belief! This will be my first PJ concert and I am a huuuuge fan!!! Very excited about the pre and post parties! Not very familiar with all this, so any extra tips or advice would be much appreciated!!!
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Count me in +1, night #1... So stoked beyond belief! This will be my first PJ concert and I am a huuuuge fan!!! Very excited about the pre and post parties! Not very familiar with all this, so any extra tips or advice would be much appreciated!!!

Heya Mrs. Attle! ;)

Welcome to the Pit! If this will be your very first PJ concert, you will be blown away. Guarenteed. No real advice or tips needed in terms of the pre-parties. Just come on down, introduce yourself around (or if you're shy, come up to the table and we'll help make introductions) and have a great time. The pre-parties are a great way to meet other fans and really get you stoked for the show! :)

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Heya Mrs. Attle! ;)

Welcome to the Pit! If this will be your very first PJ concert, you will be blown away. Guarenteed. No real advice or tips needed in terms of the pre-parties. Just come on down, introduce yourself around (or if you're shy, come up to the table and we'll help make introductions) and have a great time. The pre-parties are a great way to meet other fans and really get you stoked for the show! :)

Laura
    YEP!!! The parties are awesome and a great way to meet people!!!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,641
    you guys are organized as hell

will there be shuttles going from Moretti's to the Hyatt after the post concert bash?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    you guys are organized as hell

will there be shuttles going from Moretti's to the Hyatt after the post concert bash?

We're still working on the details for that. Should have answers soon! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Seeing this thread just put a smile on my face and I can't wait til next month! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • I'm in. +1. 9th Pearl Jam concert. 1st Pre-party/fundraiser. So excited! :D
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,468
    I'm in. +1. 9th Pearl Jam concert. 1st Pre-party/fundraiser. So excited! :D
    Welcome to the board!!!!

Remain seated, and keep your arms and legs in the vehicle at all times......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    So excited :)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I'm in. +1. 9th Pearl Jam concert. 1st Pre-party/fundraiser. So excited! :D
    Welcome to the board!!!!

Remain seated, and keep your arms and legs in the vehicle at all times......
    once more!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    loadedgun wrote:
    To those of you familiar in the area-is it safe to walk down Madison (from Madison and Halsted, towards the river) to get to the pre-party and UC? I'm looking at a hotel there and not sure if I should plan on walking back after the show or if I should plan on getting a cab or something. It's a bit of a trek to the pre-party but I won't mind it. How 'iffy' is that part of Madison going to be after the show?

I wouldn't recommend someone from out of town walking that stretch late at night. Yes, it's a little nicer than it used to be, but it's still pretty desolate late at night, even if there's something going on at the United Center.

It can be a b*tch getting a cab after a United Center event...it was impossible to get one after Pitchfork this weekend. If you come back to Moretti's for the post-party, we'd be happy to call one for you! ;) It'll be a cheap cab ride to Madison & Halsted - probably about $5.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    the one month to go BUMP :o8-)
    let the countdown begin!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    Im in also
    We're at 169 now.... think we can make it to 200??

LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Can't wait! Flights are BOOKED and we'll be rolling into town on Saturday it sounds like...
    So where's the PRE-preparty at?
    :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Can't wait! Flights are BOOKED and we'll be rolling into town on Saturday it sounds like...

the bar at the Hyatt lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    smarchee wrote:

the bar at the Hyatt lol
    I thought Moretti's was where it's at!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

the bar at the Hyatt lol

I think she is asking about the bar on Saturday night when we all arive
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

the bar at the Hyatt lol

I think she is asking about the bar on Saturday night when we all arive
    My bad! I missed the fact that there were two sets of 'pre' attached. :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    [/quote]

I think she is asking about the bar on Saturday night when we all arive[/quote]
    My bad! I missed the fact that there were two sets of 'pre' attached. :lol:[/quote]

well Benjs, me thinks you are starting at that pretty smile and not reading what she wrote :lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    We're at 169 now.... think we can make it to 200??

LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    what happen there people,,u need a second donation package or what? ;);)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    smarchee wrote:

I think she is asking about the bar on Saturday night when we all arive[/quote]
    My bad! I missed the fact that there were two sets of 'pre' attached. :lol:[/quote]

well Benjs, me thinks you are starting at that pretty smile and not reading what she wrote :lol:[/quote]
    And if I was? :)

EV
    [/quote] And if I was? :)[/quote]

then I couldn't blame you ;)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • romajoromajo Posts: 16
    add two more to the list for both nights
  • svenhoeksvenhoek Posts: 52
    Yes, yes, yes!! Night 2 only + 2
  • Yes! I'll be at both. :)

Can't wait to meet you all!
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    benjs wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

well Benjs, me thinks you are starting at that pretty smile and not reading what she wrote :lol:
    he was probably admiring my avatar...don't worry its a problem alot of girls have 8-)
    gndcd402 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

he was probably admiring my avatar...don't worry its a problem alot of girls have 8-)
    Thanks, Gary. Means a lot man. :lol:

EV
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    anybody coming in on saturday from LAX? Arriving MDW at 10pm. Is Metro the way to roll to Hyatt or cab?
    Hyatt bar saturday night? When does that close?

Late