Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,921
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Do you guys use the Untappd app? If so hit me up: mmcgrath10

I forget to check in most of the time (too busy drinking!), but I use it. I just added you. I'm jeffbr on there.

mcgruff10 said:

Love Untappd....just went over 400 distinct beers (really getting things done in my life!!!). I'm sr712 on there....just added you.
    Added all 3 of you guys. I haven't been on in a while. I'll have to start up again!

Christopher_K
    Just confirmed you!!
    Me, too!
    I ll be picking up something new tomorrow. I ll try to find something from the pacific coast.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

I forget to check in most of the time (too busy drinking!), but I use it. I just added you. I'm jeffbr on there.

mcgruff10 said:

Love Untappd....just went over 400 distinct beers (really getting things done in my life!!!). I'm sr712 on there....just added you.
    Added all 3 of you guys. I haven't been on in a while. I'll have to start up again!

Christopher_K
    Just confirmed you!!
    Me, too!
    I ll be picking up something new tomorrow. I ll try to find something from the pacific coast.
    Excellent. When I saw you drinking a Lagunitas the other night I had to go grab their Hop Stoopid.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    edited January 2017
    jeffbr said:

I think I'm the one who mentioned Bonyard's RPM IPA. I love the stuff. I first tried it at the brewery in Bend. For a long time I could only get it by the pint at a couple of places locally, but my Total Wine & More started carrying it in their grower fill area, so now I just stop on my way home from work for growlers of the stuff. It is definitely one of my go-to's. I'd love to see it bottled as well.

Last summer I went by their brewery. Seems their brewpub has shut down. Pretty easy to get some growlers filled around here.
    #FHP
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Christopher_K
    Just confirmed you!!
    Me, too!
    Excellent. When I saw you drinking a Lagunitas the other night I had to go grab their Hop Stoopid.
    I think laguintas is my favorite IPA. However, does anybody else get really bad gas after drinking this? My wife has now forbid me to drink this lol.
  • Options

Look what made it to Oregon.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Horos said:

Nice! So good. I ended up with 2 6-packs last week....first one is already gone. One of my favorite beers.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    New Bissell Bros yesterday, Industry VS Inferiority. Real good. A lot like Substance, but with more of a fruity taste. One of their better offers.
  • Options
    Going with muskoka IPA. Made in Ontario. I ve never had a Canadian IPA
  • Options
    Going to this new bar where the taps are self service tonight....this could get dangerous. Lots of good beers on tap...

http://www.redarrowtaproom.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Horos said:

I'm about to leave the house and try to track some down here in Portland.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Going with muskoka IPA. Made in Ontario. I ve never had a Canadian IPA

Holy hoppy!!!! But I tell you, it s a good beer. I recommend.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Horos said:

Found some!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

Horos said:

Found some!
    Cool! Glad you did. Picked up a couple more on my way home tonight.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,680
    Horos said:

jeffbr said:

I think I'm the one who mentioned Bonyard's RPM IPA. I love the stuff. I first tried it at the brewery in Bend. For a long time I could only get it by the pint at a couple of places locally, but my Total Wine & More started carrying it in their grower fill area, so now I just stop on my way home from work for growlers of the stuff. It is definitely one of my go-to's. I'd love to see it bottled as well.

Last summer I went by their brewery. Seems their brewpub has shut down. Pretty easy to get some growlers filled around here.
    Their brewpub got put on delay. Last thing they said was this spring, so I'd say June probably. It's kind of odd that they haven't started bottling yet, but they seem to do things their own way at their own pace. I'm on the Boneyard cycling team and they hook us up with free beer at races and gatherings. Speaking of Bend beer, I'm having a Crux half-hitch as I type. If you get to their tap room, I recommend a fill of incredible pulp IPA.
  • Options
    Horos said:

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

Horos said:

Found some!
    Cool! Glad you did. Picked up a couple more on my way home tonight.
    Nice!! Another bottle shop near us in Raleigh Hills just called me back & they're holding a 12pk for me! Had the first one tonight & it was great. Also has Epic's Sour IPA which was surprisingly good. (Not a Sour fan)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Going to this new bar where the taps are self service tonight....this could get dangerous. Lots of good beers on tap...

Steve you must have been feeling good as hell last night because you tried a hell of a lot of beer!!
  • Options

#FHP
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Steve you must have been feeling good as hell last night because you tried a hell of a lot of beer!!
    Haha yeah it was a good night. Nice part about that place it was pour your own beer so I only poured 5-6 oz. of each beer so I could try a bunch of different ones. It was great.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Haha yeah it was a good night. Nice part about that place it was pour your own beer so I only poured 5-6 oz. of each beer so I could try a bunch of different ones. It was great.
    Doesn't that app tell you to slow down. I haven't used it in a couple of years but I remember trying to back log some beers and it would warn me I'm drinking too fast.

I'm old school and a bit of a hoarder. I save the empty from each new one I try. Over 600 in the collection now.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos said:

mcgruff10 said:

Doesn't that app tell you to slow down. I haven't used it in a couple of years but I remember trying to back log some beers and it would warn me I'm drinking too fast.

I'm old school and a bit of a hoarder. I save the empty from each new one I try. Over 600 in the collection now.
    There was a time not too long ago when I would walk into a beer shop and say "what's new"?

Now I walk in and every week there is new beer after new beer... So if I saved a can or bottle from everything new I'd need my own museum...
  • Options
    Horos said:

mcgruff10 said:

do you still have your first bartles and james that you consumed in high school? lol
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Did they charge you by the oz since it was based on a declining balance?
  • Options
    After going to three stores I finally found a brewery from Oregon: 10 barrel brewing company out of bend, Oregon. I ll let you guys know how it is.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,680
    mcgruff10 said:

After going to three stores I finally found a brewery from Oregon: 10 barrel brewing company out of bend, Oregon. I ll let you guys know how it is.

They sold out to AB Inbev so I don't go there anymore. I miss the outdoor seating area.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,567
    mcgruff10 said:

They recently opened a brewpub in Denver.
    Won't be going. As was mentioned above that they are owned by AB Inbev.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

as in anaheiser busch?! (spelling is probably bad)
    so this was a popular beer before the take over?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yes and yes
    AB Inbev is a Belgian company.
    In the last 6 years they have bought up at least 8 well known craft breweries. Including Goose Island, Elysian, and Devils Backbone.
    They are no longer considered "craft breweries" by the Brewers Association.

Goose Island March 2011
    Blue Point Brewing Feb. 2014
    10 Barrel Brewing Nov. 2014
    Elysian Brewing Jan. 2015
    Golden Road Brewing Sept. 2015
    Breckenridge Brewing Dec. 2015
    Four Peaks Brewing Dec. 2015
    Devil’s Backbone Brewing April 2016
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yes and yes
    In the last 6 years they have bought up at least 8 well known craft breweries. Including Goose Island, Elysian, and Devils Backbone.

Goose Island March 2011
    goose island too (which I love)? wtf. And here I was all excited that I found an Oregon IPA all the way in New Jersey. Damn.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yes and yes

Goose Island March 2011
    goose island too (which I love)? wtf. And here I was all excited that I found an Oregon IPA all the way in New Jersey. Damn.
    A clue to look for is a previously unknown brewery from far away suddenly showing up in all your beer stores and and on bar/restaurant taplines.
    Such as Lagunitas suddenly being everywhere.
    That's because they are 50% owned by Heineken.
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on