Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options

Picked up my hopslam and zombie dust from local binnys. Championship weekend here I come.

That's a nice haul right there....zombie dust is so good. The Binny's by me gets hopslam in tomorrow....will definitely pick up a 6 pack or 2.

First go with hopslam for me.......zombie is like crack cocaine I swear. The shit is so good.

Both good beers that used to sit on shelves and now everyone goes bananas for them.

Love me some good ol' sculpin. Fantastic beer!
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 913

Very excited about this. I'm a deftones geek and as I live in the UK I never thought I'd be able to get a bottle. =)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748

Picked up my hopslam and zombie dust from local binnys. Championship weekend here I come.

That's a nice haul right there....zombie dust is so good. The Binny's by me gets hopslam in tomorrow....will definitely pick up a 6 pack or 2.

First go with hopslam for me.......zombie is like crack cocaine I swear. The shit is so good.

Both good beers that used to sit on shelves and now everyone goes bananas for them.

Love me some good ol' sculpin. Fantastic beer!
    Zombie dust used to sit on shelves????? It's always been impossible to find for me....at least since I got into craft beers.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,919
    Do you guys use the Untappd app? If so hit me up: mmcgrath10
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mcgruff10 said:

I forget to check in most of the time (too busy drinking!), but I use it. I just added you. I'm jeffbr on there.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

I forget to check in most of the time (too busy drinking!), but I use it. I just added you. I'm jeffbr on there.
    Sweet bro!!! I just uploaded the app today.
  • Options
    I can't wait to see all those west coast beers Jeff!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I probably get a little too fixated on west coast IPAs these days, but I just can't get enough hops!
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

I probably get a little too fixated on west coast IPAs these days, but I just can't get enough hops!
    I hear you! Do you like laguinitas?
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2017
    Horos said:

Got this today.imageimage</blockquot

How and where did you get those delicious beers??????

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

nothing wrong with that! just grabbed a 6pk of Green Flash's Soul Style Tangerine IPA (so damn good) and a growler of Barley Brown's Pallet Jack IPA.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yup! I've had their IPA, Censored, A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' and Pils. I definitely want to try their Maximus and Hop Stoopid. Apparently we're getting a Lagunitas tap room in Seattle soon, so I'll be hitting that up.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yup! I've had their IPA, Censored, A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' and Pils. I definitely want to try their Maximus and Hop Stoopid. Apparently we're getting a Lagunitas tap room in Seattle soon, so I'll be hitting that up.
    Yeah it s a great brewery.
    Give me some good IPA s from the west coast. Your Top five
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

nothing wrong with that! just grabbed a 6pk of Green Flash's Soul Style Tangerine IPA (so damn good) and a growler of Barley Brown's Pallet Jack IPA.
    I like that Tangerine IPA. I haven't had the Pallet Jack yet, but it is on my radar. I just finished a growler of Top Cutter IPA by Bale Breaker and enjoyed that. Bale Breaker was started by hop farmers, so they know their hops.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yikes, I tend to be all over the place and change my mind depending on the weather, my level of inebriation, and where I'm drinking. lol. But the IPAs I'm currently enjoying are Top Cutter by Bale Breaker (Yakima, WA), RPM IPA by Boneyard (Bend, OR), Trickster by Black Raven (Redmond, WA), Hubris Huge IPA by Elysian (Seattle, WA) and Whoop Pass Double IPA by Silver City (Bremerton, WA).
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Yikes, I tend to be all over the place and change my mind depending on the weather, my level of inebriation, and where I'm drinking. lol. But the IPAs I'm currently enjoying are Top Cutter by Bale Breaker (Yakima, WA), RPM IPA by Boneyard (Bend, OR), Trickster by Black Raven (Redmond, WA), Hubris Huge IPA by Elysian (Seattle, WA) and Whoop Pass Double IPA by Silver City (Bremerton, WA).
    I need to find these!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Love Untappd....just went over 400 distinct beers (really getting things done in my life!!!). I'm sr712 on there....just added you.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Love Untappd....just went over 400 distinct beers (really getting things done in my life!!!). I'm sr712 on there....just added you.
    Have you been to green bush brewery in sawyer, Michigan? I went there last year and it was freaking fantastic. The IPA was incredible.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Have you been to green bush brewery in sawyer, Michigan? I went there last year and it was freaking fantastic. The IPA was incredible.
    I haven't, but have heard really good things about it. Was at a bachelor party in that area last year and we were supposed to go, but it didn't end up happening. Will hopefully get out there soon....that area in SW Michigan is really nice...a lot of cool little towns.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I haven't, but have heard really good things about it. Was at a bachelor party in that area last year and we were supposed to go, but it didn't end up happening. Will hopefully get out there soon....that area in SW Michigan is really nice...a lot of cool little towns.
    Totally agree. Lots of distilleries too. I wish we had more time there but we were on our way to south bend.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I also had cheese curds and pork rinds for the first time. That stuff is like crack!
  • Options
    Going laguinitas IPA tonight
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

Horos said:

Got this today.imageimage

My daughter lies in Santa Rosa. She brought them when she came on a visit.She also sends me a few packs a year.

I see someone mentioned Boneyards RPM IPA. This is my go to these days. Hope they start bottling it soon.
    #FHP
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Horos said:

Horos said:

My daughter lies in Santa Rosa. She brought them when she came on a visit.She also sends me a few packs a year.

I see someone mentioned Boneyards RPM IPA. This is my go to these days. Hope they start bottling it soon.
    I think I'm the one who mentioned Bonyard's RPM IPA. I love the stuff. I first tried it at the brewery in Bend. For a long time I could only get it by the pint at a couple of places locally, but my Total Wine & More started carrying it in their grower fill area, so now I just stop on my way home from work for growlers of the stuff. It is definitely one of my go-to's. I'd love to see it bottled as well.
    Post edited by jeffbr on
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Horos said:

Horos said:

I think I'm the one who mentioned Bonyard's RPM IPA. I love the stuff. I first tried it at the brewery in Bend. For a long time I could only get it by the pint at a couple of places locally, but my Total Wine & More started carrying it in their grower fill area, so now I just stop on my way home from work for growlers of the stuff. It is definitely one of my go-to's. I'd love to see it bottled as well.
    RPM is fantastic. Hell, all of Boneyard's beers are tasty. Barley Brown's is definitely worth a try. It honestly blows RPM out of the water, in my opinion.

Just picked up a growler last night from Stickmen Brewing in Lake Oswego, OR. Iron Mountain Double IPA. Had one on tap & was delicious, so I filled a growler. I'm looking forward to enjoying that this weekend.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

jeffbr said:

Horos said:

Horos said:

RPM is fantastic. Hell, all of Boneyard's beers are tasty. Barley Brown's is definitely worth a try. It honestly blows RPM out of the water, in my opinion.

Just picked up a growler last night from Stickmen Brewing in Lake Oswego, OR. Iron Mountain Double IPA. Had one on tap & was delicious, so I filled a growler. I'm looking forward to enjoying that this weekend.
    Nice, I'll look for both of those. I have never tried anything from Stickmen, so I'm intrigued.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

mfc2006 said:

jeffbr said:

Horos said:

Horos said:

Nice, I'll look for both of those. I have never tried anything from Stickmen, so I'm intrigued.
    I think they only bottle their standard IPA, which is called F-Bomb. It's damn good as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Added all 3 of you guys. I haven't been on in a while. I'll have to start up again!

Christopher_K
  • Options

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Added all 3 of you guys. I haven't been on in a while. I'll have to start up again!

Christopher_K
    Just confirmed you!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Christopher_K
    Just confirmed you!!
    Me, too!