Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Got so lucky and won tickets to Goose Island Prop Day this Sunday.  Will get to try all the Bourbon County variants for this year....can't wait!

https://www.gooseisland.com/propday
    Awesome man! Enjoy and please report back with your thoughts. I’m grabbing all of the variants when released, but I’m curious to hear how they taste. I’m really looking forward to the coffee, cherry and prop this year. 
    You making the rounds again?
    Yes sir. It’s my favorite beer release each year! 
    In your area that may be ok to do, out here people tell you to GFY, lol.  We don't get anything for variants anymore.  Goose Island hates us.
    That’s a shame! And GFY are some of my favorite letters in the alphabet 😂
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Got so lucky and won tickets to Goose Island Prop Day this Sunday.  Will get to try all the Bourbon County variants for this year....can't wait!

Awesome man! Enjoy and please report back with your thoughts. I’m grabbing all of the variants when released, but I’m curious to hear how they taste. I’m really looking forward to the coffee, cherry and prop this year. 
    You making the rounds again?
    Yes sir. It’s my favorite beer release each year! 
    In your area that may be ok to do, out here people tell you to GFY, lol.  We don't get anything for variants anymore.  Goose Island hates us.
    Surprised to hear that.  They've expanded the barrel aging program so much since AB bought them out....pretty much the only good thing about the sale.  We're definitely lucky in Chicago with plenty of bourbon county all over the place.
    We get 3 variants and maybe a case of each at a select few shops.  Why do u think I beg people for shit, lol?!?
  • Options
    ISO Prop as usual!

Hook a brother up!!!
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    One of the first beers I had after moving to Milwaukee, still one of my favs

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Local place, got both ipa s.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ^ those look real good! And nice weather in NJ. We have snow on the ground already :(
  • Options
    Oh man it was gorgeous out today!!!
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited November 2019
    The Last of the Tree House beers. Cheers 🍻 

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options

Well, how was it? 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    If any of you are in the Philadelphia area, I implore you to go to Ardmore and visit Tired Hands. I’ve yet to have a beer I’ve not liked there. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    bbiggs said:

Well, how was it? 
    It was awesome.  Best beer fest I've ever been to.  Weather wasn't bad at all and a bunch of good food options.  There was a nice surprise and we were able to buy a bottle of the double barrel as part of the allotment.....I'll be saving that bottle for a special occasion.  This year's prop is incredible...a very nice rebound from last year which I wasn't a big fan of.  The 2 year reserve was very very good as well.  Very smooth and great barrel flavor.  Mon Cheri and Cafe de Olla are both dessert beers and I preferred the cheri.  I think those 2 will get better as they age.  Original was very good as usual and the rye reserve was solid.  Much different flavor with the aging done in rye barrels.  They had a "mystery vintage" line where they were pouring all sorts of older stuff.  We just missed getting to try a triple barrel that was like 19% and ended up with 2018 vanilla which was my favorite from last year.  A great day and I definitely have a headache this morning.  
  • Options
    Dude, that is awesome!  Sounds like a great day and congrats on getting the double barrel. You’re one of the lucky few. I’m glad to hear the prop is as good as other reviews have stated. I’ll be looking forward to diving into these and trying for myself soon enough! 
  • Options
    The best stout I have ever had.

• Options
    @Indifference71 Very friggin cool!

One year I really need to see if I can make it there to try this prop day out!

What is the "double reserve"?  Is that just the reserve or something else tat they had up their sleeves?

And what is this sorcery of a triple barrel?  Who does this and not tell the world...    This beer is made by witches and demons I tell you.  All hush hush, Double, toil and trouble...
  • Options
    ^ Prop Day is only attended if you win the lottery, so make sure you win before flying to Chicago.  :)
    Double reserve was aged in two separate Elijah Craig bourbon barrels (one 11 year and one 12 year) for one year in each.  It's going to be near impossible to get.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Prop Day is only attended if you win the lottery, so make sure you win before flying to Chicago.  :)
    Double reserve was aged in two separate Elijah Craig bourbon barrels (one 11 year and one 12 year) for one year in each.  It's going to be near impossible to get.
    https://tenemu.com/news/goose-island-opens-online-lottery-for-bottles-of-bourbon-county-double-barrel-stout-2019/11/2019/amp?__twitter_impression=true
  • Options
    ^ Thank you @Bentleyspop
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    https://tenemu.com/news/goose-island-opens-online-lottery-for-bottles-of-bourbon-county-double-barrel-stout-2019/11/2019/amp?__twitter_impression=true
    TYVMFM!!!!

Would love to try this!

So does this replace the "rare" bottles now?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Thank you @Bentleyspop
    Hope you live close enough to drive there....

Winners will then be able to purchase and pick up their bottles at the brewery starting on Nov. 29, and no proxies will be allowed.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Thank you @Bentleyspop

Winners will then be able to purchase and pick up their bottles at the brewery starting on Nov. 29, and no proxies will be allowed.
    Yep, found out about that AFTER I entered...

Oh well.  I'll win now.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Thank you @Bentleyspop

I do. Odds of winning are very slim though. Maybe I’ll get lucky. 
  • Options
    First time trying this one.  Cigar City rarely disappoints. 

• Options
    One of the more interesting stouts I have had.  The orange first hits you, then it embodies an oatmeal stout.

• Options
    Well fuck my life...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Well fuck my life...

Oh man!  Well I guess you need to plan a weekend trip to Chicago soon!!
  • Options
    Haha go figure!! The “no proxy” thing is no bueno. 
  • Options
    Well fuck my life...
    Niiiiiice!
  • Options
    Well fuck my life...

Oh man!  Well I guess you need to plan a weekend trip to Chicago soon!!
    I should have put it in your name...
  • Options
    Getting ready for Friday. Out with the old and in with the new. A 2014 tonight that aged very well.

• Options

Here was what I got as of 9:30a plus some regular.  In between now and then I got doubles of the “non box” variants. But man, is this getting tougher each year.