The Craft Beer Thread....

1163164165167169

Comments

  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 34,977
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Joe you drink some good beer!  Does your local liquor stores have all of these or are you a traveling man?
    I have a great beer distributor near my house, the top ranked grocery store for craft beer in New York state near my job, and I frequently go to breweries.  The only thing I can't get easily is Tree House, which I've got some from ebay by making low offers and hoping they get accepted.  
    Yeah...I'm replying to something from over a year old here, sorry.

    I've really been dying to drink more Tree House beer. Do you regularly buy beer off of eBay? I was just checking there and it seems the only Tree House stuff are EMPTY beer cans. I get the art work is cool but people are really spending $50 bucks for a four pack of EMPTY beer cans? What?

    How the hell can I find this beer? I want to try the Julius dammit. 
    Check out www.mybeercollectibles.com   

    Plenty of Tree House on there.  My brother and I have ordered off there a few times and split it up.  Really good stuff.
    Holy shit. I wish I'd never seen that site. 
    Prices are really jacked up, especially with shipping....but god damn....so many beers I cannot find around here. 
    I wouldn’t pay secondary prices for anything. Your choice, of course, but with so many solid options these days, it doesn’t make sense to spend $35 on a 4 pack of IPAs when you can get something just as good for $15.
    Well....fuck it. I have a 12 pack of Julius on the way. haha


    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 32,106
    bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Joe you drink some good beer!  Does your local liquor stores have all of these or are you a traveling man?
    I have a great beer distributor near my house, the top ranked grocery store for craft beer in New York state near my job, and I frequently go to breweries.  The only thing I can't get easily is Tree House, which I've got some from ebay by making low offers and hoping they get accepted.  
    Yeah...I'm replying to something from over a year old here, sorry.

    I've really been dying to drink more Tree House beer. Do you regularly buy beer off of eBay? I was just checking there and it seems the only Tree House stuff are EMPTY beer cans. I get the art work is cool but people are really spending $50 bucks for a four pack of EMPTY beer cans? What?

    How the hell can I find this beer? I want to try the Julius dammit. 
    Check out www.mybeercollectibles.com   

    Plenty of Tree House on there.  My brother and I have ordered off there a few times and split it up.  Really good stuff.
    Holy shit. I wish I'd never seen that site. 
    Prices are really jacked up, especially with shipping....but god damn....so many beers I cannot find around here. 
    I wouldn’t pay secondary prices for anything. Your choice, of course, but with so many solid options these days, it doesn’t make sense to spend $35 on a 4 pack of IPAs when you can get something just as good for $15.
    I agree, but I’m hoping to grab some beers from my favorite Oregon breweries. I miss the beer from there so much since we moved. Yes, we get good beer here...but damn, I miss OR beer. Mainly Fort George, Great Notion and Breakside.

    So tasty.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 12,958

    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 3,750
    ^ I want to go to Greece!  Looks great.  Enjoy!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 12,958
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I want to go to Greece!  Looks great.  Enjoy!
    Thank you!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • cdthomas1981cdthomas1981 KCMO NativePosts: 625
    The dude abides

    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars"
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 3,750
    ^ White stouts are delicious.  The flavor doesn’t match up with the appearance. Good stuff.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 12,958

    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 6,701
    Soooooooo many choices......


  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there.Posts: 34,977
    Top notch


    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 32,106
    Soooooooo many choices......


    Those are all delicious. I just had the 30th Anniversary on draft yesterday and was floored.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 3,750
    Top notch


    They arrived I see! 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 6,701
    mfc2006 said:
    Soooooooo many choices......


    Those are all delicious. I just had the 30th Anniversary on draft yesterday and was floored.
    With some of these I'd be afraid of ending up on the floor 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, INPosts: 3,308
    Top notch


    Looks delicious! What can you tell me about it?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 6,072

    It's a hopeless situation...
  • cdthomas1981cdthomas1981 KCMO NativePosts: 625
    Oktoberfest anyone?

    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars"
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,436
    Helles Lager not my favorite.
    #FHP
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, MainePosts: 2,226
    I recently did a trade for some Tree House.  I saw a guy on Instagram who was searching for the newest Bissell Bros release, a collab with Other Half (Worth a Visit, Worth a Lifetime......a 10% triple IPA, it's a monster).  I live 3mi from BB so I picked up an extra 4 pack and hit him up.  Tree House certainly lives up to the hype, but I don't think I'd be paying extra to get my hands on it. The market is full of great beers that don't necessarily have the recognition of the big name breweries.  But still really tasty.   
  • I cracked open a Belgian that I have been saving finally.  It was aged for 6 years and was absolutely delicious!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 3,750
    I cracked open a Belgian that I have been saving finally.  It was aged for 6 years and was absolutely delicious!
    That’s awesome. I have a few different beers  from 2015 and 2016 that I think it’s time to crack open. I plan to do so in the coming months. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 6,072
    Fully committed to the seasonal brews even with this blip in the weather making it feel like July.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    Fully committed to the seasonal brews even with this blip in the weather making it feel like July.
    F that.  September 22nd is last day of summer...  I did break that rule today as I am wearing a PJ Halloween shirt.
  • cdthomas1981cdthomas1981 KCMO NativePosts: 625
    Tonight’s variety

    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 20,300
    edited September 21
    23scidoo said:

    That backdrop is gorgeous!!!!!  Are you on vacation or is that your daily view?
    Everyone is drinking some delicious looking beers!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 3,750
    This is a good milk stout from 3 Floyd’s.  Definitely worth trying.


  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 20,300
    edited September 21
    bbiggs said:
    This is a good milk stout from 3 Floyd’s.  Definitely worth trying.


    Drinking early huh?! I mean I guess it is ok since it is 5pm in Yemen.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 13,306
    Had some great beers out in Denver last weekend.  Outer Range and Cerebral Brewing were both awesome.  They even had a nice selection at the Broncos stadium.  So many good options in that area.






    6/18/03, 5/17/06, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 6/22/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/17/14, 10/20/14, 4/18/16, 4/20/16, 5/2/16, 5/3/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 3,750
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    This is a good milk stout from 3 Floyd’s.  Definitely worth trying.


    Drinking early huh?! I mean I guess it is ok since it is 5pm in Yemen.  
    Haha. I mean it is a milk stout after all! 😉  I was too lazy to post it last night. Tasty stuff 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 3,750
    Had some great beers out in Denver last weekend.  Outer Range and Cerebral Brewing were both awesome.  They even had a nice selection at the Broncos stadium.  So many good options in that area.






    Those beers look really good and the views are even better! 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, MainePosts: 2,226

    Newest offering from Bissell Bros here in Portland. Triple IPA, 10% absolute juice bomb. Good stuff
Sign In or Register to comment.