Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    Getting ready for Friday. Out with the old and in with the new. A 2014 tonight that aged very well.

The annual BCBS tasting I go to had the 2013 on tap.  It was amazing.

How was this?  I'd love to get my hands on a bottle.
  • Options
    Picked up my Half Acre “Benthic” pre-order yesterday. Very excited to try this!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    bbiggs said:
    Getting ready for Friday. Out with the old and in with the new. A 2014 tonight that aged very well.

The annual BCBS tasting I go to had the 2013 on tap.  It was amazing.

How was this?  I'd love to get my hands on a bottle.
    It was super good. Very thick and rich. It may have peaked a bit earlier, but it’s tough to say. I actually know a guy that just opened a 2008 bottle and said it was outstanding, so maybe peaking in less than 5 years isn’t accurate. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    Not a craft beer but still one of my all time favorites.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ^ I always enjoy a good Guiness. Especially nitro. Too bad your giants couldn’t pull out the W. We could have used a GB loss! 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    Ended up with a nice haul this year for bourbon county.  Wasn't able to get bottles of 2 year reserve and rye reserve but had both on draft.  Went down to the Fulton taproom on Friday and they had everything on draft as well as a few surprises.  They pulled out 2017 Prop which was awesome.  Capping off the weekend with a 2019 regular bourbon county right now.  Good times.

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,742
    You moto's be cray!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I always enjoy a good Guiness. Especially nitro. Too bad your giants couldn’t pull out the W. We could have used a GB loss! 
    The giants couldn’t beat a high school team right now.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Ended up with a nice haul this year for bourbon county.  Wasn't able to get bottles of 2 year reserve and rye reserve but had both on draft.  Went down to the Fulton taproom on Friday and they had everything on draft as well as a few surprises.  They pulled out 2017 Prop which was awesome.  Capping off the weekend with a 2019 regular bourbon county right now.  Good times.

Nice haul, bud. That double barrel looks mighty good.  That’s the only one that escaped me this year.  I was able to get everything else so I can’t complain. Cheers! 
  • Options

I can send you a 2015 and 16 to go w your vertical if you'd like.  I see you didn't bother w the wheat wine this year?

Cafe is really good.  The Mon Cheri was very sweet at first but mellowed during drinking.

ISO Prop, double barrel, and a rye.

PS I won last years Bramble Rye in a raffle, still have to pay for it but got it.  Anybody drink that last year?
  • Options
    This came on my feed from 4 years ago. 
  • Options

I can send you a 2015 and 16 to go w your vertical if you'd like.  I see you didn't bother w the wheat wine this year?

Cafe is really good.  The Mon Cheri was very sweet at first but mellowed during drinking.

PS I won last years Bramble Rye in a raffle, still have to pay for it but got it.  Anybody drink that last year?
    Reviews of wheatwine this year have been that it’s falling well short of last years, which was award winning. I grabbed one anyway but yet to try it.

I did have the bramble rye last year and have one more aging. I’d recommend grabbing one. Not the best beer I’ve had but I enjoyed it. Definitely worth trying. 
  • Options

Yeah I tried the wheatwine at Prop Day and didn't think it was worth buying.  Like bbiggs said, the reviews for this year have been pretty rough compared to last year and I tend to agree.

I liked the Mon Cheri better than the Cafe but both are really good.  I really wish they would go back to making a straight up coffee stout every year.  Hopefully that comes back next year.

I really liked the Bramble last year.  A little on the sweeter side with all the berries in it but I'm a big fan of any berries in a stout.  Actually picked up another bottle of that at 1 of the stores on my hunt on Friday.  
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Nice haul, bud. That double barrel looks mighty good.  That’s the only one that escaped me this year.  I was able to get everything else so I can’t complain. Cheers! 

Double Barrel is phenomenal.  We had some at the Fulton Taproom on Friday.  They were selling them for $55 each to drink on site.  A couple friends and I were about to split one and a guy next to us gave us half of his bottle.  It's top notch.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    Enough with AB/Inbev/Goose Island......

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Enough with AB/Inbev/Goose Island......

I can do that

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options

• Options
    Cracked open my first 2019 BCBS (original) for the Bears game. Holy shit this year is a good batch.  Followed it up with a nice IPA from Bearded Iris. 

• Options
    Get yourself some of this.....

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    This one was one of the better BA stouts I’ve had. Check out the description on the can. 

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Toppling Goliath

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,742
    Heading over to 3 Floyd's for lunch tomorrow. Brisket tacos are finally back on the menu!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Heading over to 3 Floyd's for lunch tomorrow. Brisket tacos are finally back on the menu!
    That’s more exciting than any beer we post on here. Lol. Enjoy 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    One of the best milkshake IPAs out there.

• Options

How was this eggnog IPA? I’ve never tried one. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    One of the best milkshake IPAs out there.

I was not a fan of the Milkshake offerings here.  Weird taste to me.

Had another beer with papaya bits in it.  The end of the beer felt like it had floaties in it.  Made me spill out the end of that beer.  Maybe I'll strain it next time?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    bbiggs said:

How was this eggnog IPA? I’ve never tried one. 
    So good. Better than expected actually
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bearded Iris Brewery. Aged 24 months in Pappy Van Winkle barrels. Delicious.