Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Mmmm dark beer

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Mmmm dark beer

What did you think of the Big Hugs from Half Acre?  I usually love everything that they make, but I never understood the hype with that stout...have always thought it was very thin and bland.

That coconut porter looks outstanding!  Celebrated the new year with some BA goodness from Revolution...

• Options
    Mmmm dark beer

What did you think of the Big Hugs from Half Acre?  I usually love everything that they make, but I never understood the hype with that stout...have always thought it was very thin and bland.

That coconut porter looks outstanding!  Celebrated the new year with some BA goodness from Revolution...

Big Hugs was good.  I’ve had better coffee stouts.  The imperial coconut porter was outstanding.  I enjoy City Lights coconut porter, the imperial was even better.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    I drank a couple of Bell's Hopslam last night, pretty good.  My palette might be a little off, I thought it wasn't as juicy as last years.  It's probably just me.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    It's been a while since I shared anything. Happy Sunday evening everyone.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The wife picked this up for me. 10% IPA
    #FHP
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Horos said:

Is that the new PJ album?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    ^ That was going to be the name of the the now cancelled disc 2 of the double album. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Horos said:
    Ninkasi is a very underrated brewery.

Oh I am on a dry January kick I do every year so I am living vicariously through all of you.

Carry on.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Tonight's selection ...

• Options
    Tonight's selection....

• Options
    Not bad by Trader Joe's

• Options
    Not bad by Trader Joe's

Actually brewed for TJs by Unibroue out of Canada
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    Not horrible for free beer from my buddy.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Cheers to the weekend. 

• Options
    If you like fudge.

• Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 306
    Sorry if this has been discussed but 1st time on this thread. I’ve been looking into beer of the month clubs, can anyone recommend some good ones? Are they worth it?
  • Options
    joe159 said:
    Sorry if this has been discussed but 1st time on this thread. I’ve been looking into beer of the month clubs, can anyone recommend some good ones? Are they worth it?
    I wouldn't bother.  Just go to your local shop and try one of the new beers that come in every week.
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 306
    joe159 said:
    I wouldn't bother.  Just go to your local shop and try one of the new beers that come in every week.
    I hear ya, I definitely do that already. I came across an ad for “Beer Drop”, all Colorado craft beers that I doubt I would ever come across in central Illinois.
  • Options
    Cheers everyone!
  • Options
    This was fantastic...

• Options
    This was fantastic...

Looks delicious. Love Treehouse brews, miss hitting that place.
  • Options
    Tonight's selection....

Freddie Murkury
    New England Style Imperial IPA 9.2% abv 
    From Mikkeller SD
  • Options
    Lot of heavy hitter beers tonight. All look great. Never had Tree House, but on my short list. Here’s a triple IPA by Hop Butcher. 10% ABV. 

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    Lot of heavy hitter beers tonight. All look great. Never had Tree House, but on my short list. Here’s a triple IPA by Hop Butcher. 10% ABV. 

Yeah I ordered some Tree House off of mybeercollectibles.com last week.  Prices are crazy but it's some really good stuff.  

That Hop Butcher triple right there was awesome!  Did not taste like a 10% triple IPA at all.  Those guys are the best.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Yeah I ordered some Tree House off of mybeercollectibles.com last week.  Prices are crazy but it's some really good stuff.  

That Hop Butcher triple right there was awesome!  Did not taste like a 10% triple IPA at all.  Those guys are the best.
    I agree. It’s dangerous how smooth it is at 10%. And we are lucky to be local to Hop Butcher. I was just talking about this with an industry guy that has tried stuff from all of the best brewers nationally. He puts HB right up there with any one of them. They have it dialed in. 

One of these days I’ll bite the bullet and order some Tree House. It’s a must try. 
  • Options
    Tonight's selection....

Freddie Murkury
    From Mikkeller SD
    Mike Keller is NYC, not SD unless he has another brewery out there now?

They put out good stuff too.

Also I think the days of saturation of craft beers will be waning.  Breweries are starting to close here in NY so either they just weren't good or run poorly.

Enjoy this while you can as the age of spiked seltzers is upon us.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    And what's old becomes new again.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Tonight's selection....

Freddie Murkury
    From Mikkeller SD
    Mike Keller is NYC, not SD unless he has another brewery out there now?

They put out good stuff too.

Also I think the days of saturation of craft beers will be waning.  Breweries are starting to close here in NY so either they just weren't good or run poorly.

Enjoy this while you can as the age of spiked seltzers is upon us.
    They are twin brothers 
    One has Eviltwin the other is Mikkeller SD...

• Options
    Tonight's selection.....