The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,276
    mcgruff10 said:
    And one from the lounge at the Prince of Wales hotel in Waterton Lakes NP. 

One of my favorite spots on earth!!! The pizza in town was probably the worst pie I ever had.  You need to try it!
    Yeah, so entirely coincidently, that is EXACTLY where we ate dinner LMAO!

The tiny town of Waterton was actually pretty nice and peaceful. Definitely geared towards older people, of which I am one, so that was good.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Wobbie said:
    Greetings from Waterton Lakes NP in Alberta, Canada. First time not in the US.

those are some old school beer mugs, right there. :smiley:
    Totally felt like something that had been handed down to an old run down VFW or something. But it was hot and the beer was cold, so there was that!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    mcgruff10 said:

One of my favorite spots on earth!!! The pizza in town was probably the worst pie I ever had.  You need to try it!

The tiny town of Waterton was actually pretty nice and peaceful. Definitely geared towards older people, of which I am one, so that was good.
    How did you like it?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    A couple of good ones recently.  Drekker from Fargo has some really good stuff....was able to get some up in Wisconsin this past week.  And the other is a collaboration with Revolution and Hop Butcher...2 of the best breweries in Chicago did not disappoint!

• Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,606
    Last night’s assortment 

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,606
    A couple of good ones recently.  Drekker from Fargo has some really good stuff....was able to get some up in Wisconsin this past week.  And the other is a collaboration with Revolution and Hop Butcher...2 of the best breweries in Chicago did not disappoint!

I’ve had a lot of Drekker’s stuff lately too.  Everything i’ve had I have really enjoyed.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,004
    @Wobbie I’ve had these two from Utah. It was my beginning to understanding strong tasty beers and me calling them “High Early’s”.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945

I thought Super Structure was good but not a standout.  Base was good to switch up the flavor profile to west coast.  I did like the Hop Butcher cosmic fountain this week but super juicy.  I must say, the best brewery I’ve had of late is Bearded Iris. I brought home like 12 different beers from them and they exceed most of what I’ve had from local breweries. Did you see the BCBS lineup? 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

How did you like it?
    Well...I did have a pitcher of some goo IPA to wash it down and I was pretty hungry, so there was that. I would definitely put it over gas station pizza or Pizza Hut. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    bbiggs said:

I thought Super Structure was good but not a standout.  Base was good to switch up the flavor profile to west coast.  I did like the Hop Butcher cosmic fountain this week but super juicy.  I must say, the best brewery I’ve had of late is Bearded Iris. I brought home like 12 different beers from them and they exceed most of what I’ve had from local breweries. Did you see the BCBS lineup? 
    Yeah Super Structure was pretty good but definitely not a standout.  Hopefully the Revolution guys learned a lot from the Hop Butcher guys!

BCBS lineup looks phenomenal as usual....hopefully I'll be able to get everything again this year.
    bbiggs said:

Yeah Super Structure was pretty good but definitely not a standout.  Hopefully the Revolution guys learned a lot from the Hop Butcher guys!

BCBS lineup looks phenomenal as usual....hopefully I'll be able to get everything again this year.
    I agree. I heard the head brewer at Revolution isn’t into hazy/juicy NEIPA for the most part so he’s kind of stubborn on going down that path. I don’t know that it’s fact; just what I heard. They’re 2 very different breweries for sure.

also, when I mentioned 12 Bearded iris beers, I forgot to mention they let you mix and match, which is awesome. I got a ton of variety because of it. I wish Binnys would do this.

i hope I can land all BCBS this year too. The most intriguing to me are Regular, prop, coffee and cherry. They sound outstanding. Should be awesome as always  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    ^ never had it but I like a good Hefeweizen. Hacker pschorr is one of my faves 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    Hallelujah for fall seasonal brews. Saw this and had to get it. I usually wait a little longer to switch over to fall brews, but this got me salivating.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Here I am. Because looking at a beer thread with 5 hours left to go at 1 a.m. during a 16 hour shift seemed like a good idea.  :s
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    mcgruff10 said:
    Joe you drink some good beer!  Does your local liquor stores have all of these or are you a traveling man?
    I have a great beer distributor near my house, the top ranked grocery store for craft beer in New York state near my job, and I frequently go to breweries.  The only thing I can't get easily is Tree House, which I've got some from ebay by making low offers and hoping they get accepted.  
    Yeah...I'm replying to something from over a year old here, sorry.

I've really been dying to drink more Tree House beer. Do you regularly buy beer off of eBay? I was just checking there and it seems the only Tree House stuff are EMPTY beer cans. I get the art work is cool but people are really spending $50 bucks for a four pack of EMPTY beer cans? What?

How the hell can I find this beer? I want to try the Julius dammit. 
    www.myspace.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    ^someone sent me some once. Good stuff. Has to be someone up that way to hook you up.
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Went to an event last night to try this
    #FHP
    Horos said:
    ^someone sent me some once. Good stuff. Has to be someone up that way to hook you up.
    Well if anyone wants to hook a Juggler up, let me know!

Did you have Julius?
    www.myspace.com
  • tbergs said:
    Hallelujah for fall seasonal brews. Saw this and had to get it. I usually wait a little longer to switch over to fall brews, but this got me salivating.

As good as it is I ain't drinking that shit until leaves are brown...

#SummerIsntOver
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Joe you drink some good beer!  Does your local liquor stores have all of these or are you a traveling man?
    I have a great beer distributor near my house, the top ranked grocery store for craft beer in New York state near my job, and I frequently go to breweries.  The only thing I can't get easily is Tree House, which I've got some from ebay by making low offers and hoping they get accepted.  

I've really been dying to drink more Tree House beer. Do you regularly buy beer off of eBay? I was just checking there and it seems the only Tree House stuff are EMPTY beer cans. I get the art work is cool but people are really spending $50 bucks for a four pack of EMPTY beer cans? What?

Check out www.mybeercollectibles.com   

Plenty of Tree House on there.  My brother and I have ordered off there a few times and split it up.  Really good stuff.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    Horos said:
    Went to an event last night to try this
    If you like Robinson's Trooper you should try some of this....

mcgruff10 said:

Plenty of Tree House on there.  My brother and I have ordered off there a few times and split it up.  Really good stuff.
    Wow thanks man. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mcgruff10 said:

Holy shit. I wish I'd never seen that site. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I had this last week and yes it was damn tasty!
    Image result for hysteria def leppard beer
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Prices are really jacked up, especially with shipping....but god damn....so many beers I cannot find around here. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Prices are really jacked up, especially with shipping....but god damn....so many beers I cannot find around here. 
    Don't buy into that hype crap...
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I wouldn’t pay secondary prices for anything. Your choice, of course, but with so many solid options these days, it doesn’t make sense to spend $35 on a 4 pack of IPAs when you can get something just as good for $15.
  • bbiggs said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I wouldn’t pay secondary prices for anything. Your choice, of course, but with so many solid options these days, it doesn’t make sense to spend $35 on a 4 pack of IPAs when you can get something just as good for $15.
    Agreed!  Don't chase the hype.

They'll be some new beer box to tick off in a month anyways and the beer will be stale, lol.