Options

What made you pick your Message Pit Name?

Comments

• Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Flagg wrote:
    Oh, yeah. And he got robbed in Dark Tower 7.
    damn straight he did!

Picked my username cause who wouldn't want to be named after a pubic wig. Plus, it's a he'll of a single
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    I picked mine because I thought you could put your favorite Pearl Jam song underneath it and I was going to put Alive. I found out that the song is picked based off of the number of posts.

I'd Rather Be is just that. I'd rather live in the moment!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,492
    hmm .. used to be demetriosns

my first name .. and the inital's of the province i live in (nova scotia)
    just requested to take those last 2 letters off. they did.

that's about it.

:)
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    i settled for my name.....

because...

3inputchick was already taken.....

That is fucking funny...
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    JITJIT Posts: 47
    nickname!
  • Options
    i like pearl jam
    my name is bob
    that is all
    PearlJamBob
    9/29/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/8/98, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 11/14/02, 4/28/03, 4/30/03, 5/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    When I joined the Pit, I was getting ready to see PJ in Vancouver, BC 2005. This was going to be my Tenth PJ show in Ten years. I added Alive becuase I love seeing PJ live.
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    I picked this name back on the old board
    JB are my initials

now a ton of ppl have the brain of .... names
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    NoCode_inMTNoCode_inMT Posts: 551
    Jammer wrote:
    Why did you pick yours?

Greatest album ever recorded...

State in witch I live...
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    My criteria:

-Music-related: From the Kiss song "I wanna rock & roll all night . . . ."

-PJ reference: Ed said his favorite misinterpretation of a lyric was from Mike McCready--"I wanna rock & roll all night . . . . and part of every day." I was at this show (Benaroya), which was extra special (venue alone!) and because it was one of their first acoustic sets.

-Mike-specific (he's my fave band member): This has always made me smile because it seems so genuine coming from Mike as a rocker. Of course it's rock&roll all night & part of every day--what else would it be? He probably never even gave it a second thought.

-Obscure enough that no one else will have it, but clever enough that those "in the know" will get it (thanks again, Ament'sChick!)

-Finally (phew!), it is self-descriptive. I do want to rock&roll part of every day!
  • Options
    notradebaxxnotradebaxx Posts: 198
    I'm open ..
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
  • Options
    mine is a reference to the movie "Full Metal Jacket"

"Here you are all Equally Worthless"
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I picked my username after one of my favorite authors
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    .....never been too good at goodbyes
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    One of the first nicknames I was given at my firehouse was pearl jam joe (patch under lip & huge pj fan)but that was too obvious. Later on I was also given the nickname guacamole joe because of my great tasting(and sometimes mind altering) avocado dip. Since the last cd cover had an avocado I used the later nickname. Oh, if anyone needs the recipe its no secret, just send me a pm and I'll forward the ingredients.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    my 2 fav songs and the way I live life
    with tons of loyalty
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    ....... HOT TAMALE (this was before we got married a little after we met on the board)... so my handle changed to that on 2003 when we moved to this board

Oh shit. Is that you? I met you at MSG in 2003. You had a broken leg or some shit because I remember that you were on crutches.
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    Jammer wrote:
    I don't recall ever seeing this here.

I picked Jammer because a lot of the clever Pearl Jam related names had been taken by the time I joined. We are all "jammers" so I just figured what better name could I pick? Why did you pick yours?

DITTO!
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    266 people explaining their names:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=137551

my old thread

This is great. Three years ago explains why I don't remember it ;-)

Some funny stories here so far. It's nice that we all get to know a little about each other. Thanks to all that have posted so far.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879
    i chose my name...because...

Eddiesgirl4ever....was already taken....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I'll forward the ingredients.

Wow, most people would stop at just emailing the recipe.
  • Options
    i knew i was one of the older generation on the board - hell i didn't even feel like a grown-up let alone in my forties. now i'm 51 and still don't feel like 40, let alone 51!!!!! holy shit.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602
    it is my nickname at school like I was a "gangsta" but I'm not.
    plus it's my first name and middle initial
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Cool thread.

I got my name from a Ralph Nader rally at MSG. Ed came out and said "NOw this is a Gardenparty" or something like that. Also, my location is the sku# for live at the garden.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    Cool thread.

I got my name from a Ralph Nader rally at MSG. Ed came out and said "NOw this is a Gardenparty" or something like that. Also, my location is the sku# for live at the garden.

hey Jeff! i was at a Nader rally at MSG too...but i didnt' get my name from there.

I love Pearl Jam, I'm a girl and I like evolution...=PearlJGirl2010
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    I came up with my name by combining 2 of my favorite songs: Rearviewmirrow and Light Years. But its also kind of has a double meaning as well, free to interpretation!
    Lollapalooza 2007
    Eddie Vedder 8-22-08
    Chicago 8-23-09
    Chicago 8-24-09

"The love received is the love that is saved" - Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Well.... I like Matt Cameron.
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Like THIS is a BIG surprise....My first name...followed be the year I was born ...(Great songs from the Beatles BTW). Just getting older.....like our band....and very proud of it.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    i picked mine because at the time i really really enjoyed the version of "in hiding" from antwerp 10-30-06 (hence the numbers)...

... only problem is, i messed the date up, because it's actually 8-30-06
    ... woops-a-daisy
    Camden 7-5-2003, Camden 7-6-2003, Hershey 7-12-2003, Camden 5-27-2006, Camden 5-28-2006, Lollapalooza 8-5-2007, Camden 6-19-2008, Camden 6-20-2008, New York 6-24-2008, New York 6-25-2008, Mansfield 6-28-2008, Mansfield 6-30-2008
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    hey Jeff! i was at a Nader rally at MSG too...but i didnt' get my name from there.

I love Pearl Jam, I'm a girl and I like evolution...=PearlJGirl2010

haha, i'm sure it was the same one Janet. back when we were east coasters:)
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”