Options

What made you pick your Message Pit Name?

Comments

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    i think i was listening to the song when i was registering an account.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    Uncle Neil reference here... all the witty PJ names had been taken.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Steve Dunne is a character in the movie 'Singles'. He is a Citizen Dick, Soundgarden, and AIC fan. Neighbor of Janet Livermore. Kisses Janet and Linda Powell in same movie. Neighbor of Chris Cornell.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    20LEgend20LEgend Posts: 11
    Recently retired manchester united football club player. OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER,norwegian centre forward who scored the winning goal in the 1999 european champions league final,he wore the number 20.Hence 2OLEgend.
    28/10/96 LONDON
    04/06/00 MANCHESTER
    23/09/06 BERLIN
    18/06/07 LONDON
    17/08/09 MANCHESTER
    23/06/10 BELFAST
    25/06/10 LONDON
  • Options
    i choose mine cause all pj related names i could come up with were taken, so this is for my 2nd fav that was split at the time and i guess wishin helped cause now i'm wishin they will come back and play the east soon + i'm always ragin against injustice or the gov or the man, talking to my kids about fairness and treating people with respect- a crazy-wild old lady who loves pj *name will change soon as i'm gettin fast net as soon as tic sales are over.
    04DC(nissan va.)-04Reading-05 Toronto-05 Phillie-06 Camden-06 DC-07 lolla and can't wait for 08 camden and dc "when i retire i want to be a PJ rodie"
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I used to perform in a Rolling Stones tribute band named "The Voodoo Pugs"
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    the greatest hockey player on the planet
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    the greatest hockey player on the planet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Shore
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    v=initial of my first name
    dubois= of the forest (I like hiking- especially though the woods)
    e=initial of my middle name.

V. DuBoise also happens to be my name as well- so it worked out.
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    im a lazy bum so i used my user ID from when I was in college.
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    I'd like to think it's because I look like Catwoman, but the real reason is because I have cats.
  • Options
    Name is Brennan. Mamasan if you don't already know is what ed titled his return packet of the trilogy of songs (Alive, Once and Footsteps) he penned on top of Stone and Mike's music. He got hooked up with them through their mutual buddy (THE) Jack Irons. They got em, loved em, called em up to Seattle, supposedly within 10 days 10 was done and the rest as they say is history.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    shack is my nickname. shack stemmed from shackles, a nickname i had as a kid. 31 is my favorite number. I just figured what the hell.
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    v edder
    m ccready
    g ossard
    a ment
    c ameron
    g aspar
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I got it from the song, Evenflow, of course
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    i did'nt want a pj related username so i opted for my favourite song by my second favourite band of all time..any guess to who that is?

Uh, Tool? :-)

I am glad I started this. I never really stopped to realize that the fans here are from all over the earth. It's cool to see people realize that someone is a lost friend from a concert. There are truely some great stories here. Nice work people!!!!
    Thanks a whole lot.
  • Options
    encompassing tripencompassing trip Columbia SC Posts: 160
    PJ rarely plays the south so I always have to travel hundreds of miles to see them. It is always an "all encompassing trip", Physically and Mentally. I'm a new "me" when I get home.
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Well im a fan of this band called pearl jam, I don't know if you have heard of them?? So pjfan the 31 comes from I was born on the 31st of january.

I was in a rush to come up with this name. If I had a bit more thought I would of come up with something a little more creative.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Was listening to No Code at the time......

i like yours.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    catwoman wrote:

Impressive, but not the best ever. More luck and balance than skill. Growing up I watched guys like Denis Savard, Gretzky, Mario, Kurri, etc do stuff like that virtually every other game.
  • Options
    so once i could go off
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    EagleEarEagleEar Posts: 31
    In college, my friends and I spoke in a sarcastic, backwards language. For instance, my friend's name was Will...so we called him Won't. Or the LA Lakers' coach is Phil Jackson...so we called Empty Jill-daugther. It's really quite simple, just think of the word phonetically, break it down into smaller words if necessary, and think of opposites of those words. Auburn (Aww-burn) = Ick-chill. Since we're from the midwest, we used to call Champaign, IL (home of U of I) Boones Farm, IL. It makes for some interesting names and can actually be turned into a drinking game.

Anyways, I went to the University of Iowa, so I was a Hawkeye. Hence, EagleEar. Are they polar opposites...no. We did alot of drugs too.
    Got an army, fact I got two. That's ok man, cause I love money!
  • Options
    Jammer wrote:
    Uh, Tool? :-)

I am glad I started this. I never really stopped to realize that the fans here are from all over the earth. It's cool to see people realize that someone is a lost friend from a concert. There are truely some great stories here. Nice work people!!!!
    Thanks a whole lot.
    nope,not even close.
    COYS!
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    voodoopug wrote:
    Impressive, but not the best ever. More luck and balance than skill. Growing up I watched guys like Denis Savard, Gretzky, Mario, Kurri, etc do stuff like that virtually every other game.

My son, who's a big hockey fan, sent me that link. He's a Penguins fan, but has been going to see the Capitals this season. He says Ovechkin is amazing. But he definitely would agree with you about the others.

Cool about you being in a Stones tribute band.
  • Options
    i was going to go with "it doesn't get eddie vedder than this" but that was too long and cheesy. then i tried "vedderman" and "vedder" but surprisingly those were taken. "stoned and damented" came to me...i think you can figure out the play on words.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,114
    markymark550 is my username for just about everything I do online...message boards, email, online stores, etc. I already had used that name before I stumbled my way to this wonderful place, so why should I have deviated from the norm?

The "inspiration" for the name is that my name is Mark and everyone, friend or foe, calls me markymark at some point. Just the way it goes with this name I guess, so I chose markymark. The first time I tried to register on a site, markymark was already taken, so I randomly typed in numbers at the end until the name was accepted, thus the 550. Pretty boring, I know.
  • Options
    markymark550 is my username for just about everything I do online...message boards, email, online stores, etc. I already had used that name before I stumbled my way to this wonderful place, so why should I have deviated from the norm?

Hey MarkyMark550, watch this clip. What you're looking for is at the very end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut1ytGbMclQ
  • Options
    I have decided to settle on Evil Beaver as my screen name for everything I do online. I am as die hard about the Oregon State Beavers as I am Pearl Jam. The old OSU mascot had a smiling Beaver http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=5048 that just wasn't ferocious enough, so I decided there needed to be some evil beavers out there. And it's a play on words vs Eager Beaver.

I have also existed in cyberspace as Portland Jammer, Release26me and Troy of Cressia (a Dark Tower Reference) I almost started a production company called Evil Beaver Productions for documentary films but I wasn't sure anyone would take me seriously.

What a cool thread.
  • Options
    Well obviously from "faithful" and when i was born my mum said i was covered in fur - nice!
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19