Coffee what's your fav?

Comments

• halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I appreciate Jacobs Kronung or Tchibo Exclusive. Maxwell House in my country is shit and i won't drink at all coffee if it had to be taste bad. If i had more money I would drink Lavazza - really great coffee!
    So - every rather sour (?) not too burnt coffee with milk and sugar. but only two, maximum 3 coffeee a day , and not after 6p.m. - i can't fall asleep after drinking too late coffee.
    And one thing - i can't imagine my life without this drink:)
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • TravisTheSkyTravisTheSky Posts: 615
    fanch75 wrote:
    Black & strong. Just like my women.

Word! When I fill out silly surveys asking how I like my coffee, I type: "Like my men. Black."

I have never been to a Starbucks in all my life. I'm much too poor to ever buy a ready-made cup of coffee. But coffee and chocolate are my only two necessaries (when it comes to food/drink.) My heart cannot handle common brands laced with pesticides, etc. so I only drink organic. Whole Foods market sells a huge 24 ounce bag of whole beans for about $11 which lasts over a month. It's called "Pacific Rim Blend." It's organic, I forget whether it is fair trade as I don't currently have a package in the house. There's a chain store in the L.A. area called Fresh & Easy which sells several organic, fair trade coffees at less than 50 cents per ounce. The Espresso is exceptionally delicious. The French Roast is quite good. And Trader Joe's has reasonable prices for quality coffee.

I'm surprised by all the love for Dunkin' Donuts on this thread. When I lived in North Providence, Rhode Island for 13 years, there was a DD every two blocks. Friends frequently bought me cups of coffee there. Also, I tried brewing the DD beans at home....but I never found the coffee to be anything special. Sorry. The local Italian restaurants had the best coffee going. But that's just me.

And I have green tea every night because the Whole Foods Market organic kind is just FIVE CENTS per tea bag!!! One bag makes 3 mugs of tea. Great for poverty.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    fanch75 wrote:

Word! When I fill out silly surveys asking how I like my coffee, I type: "Like my men. Black."

I have never been to a Starbucks in all my life. I'm much too poor to ever buy a ready-made cup of coffee. But coffee and chocolate are my only two necessaries (when it comes to food/drink.) My heart cannot handle common brands laced with pesticides, etc. so I only drink organic. Whole Foods market sells a huge 24 ounce bag of whole beans for about $11 which lasts over a month. It's called "Pacific Rim Blend." It's organic, I forget whether it is fair trade as I don't currently have a package in the house. There's a chain store in the L.A. area called Fresh & Easy which sells several organic, fair trade coffees at less than 50 cents per ounce. The Espresso is exceptionally delicious. The French Roast is quite good. And Trader Joe's has reasonable prices for quality coffee.

I'm surprised by all the love for Dunkin' Donuts on this thread. When I lived in North Providence, Rhode Island for 13 years, there was a DD every two blocks. Friends frequently bought me cups of coffee there. Also, I tried brewing the DD beans at home....but I never found the coffee to be anything special. Sorry. The local Italian restaurants had the best coffee going. But that's just me.

And I have green tea every night because the Whole Foods Market organic kind is just FIVE CENTS per tea bag!!! One bag makes 3 mugs of tea. Great for poverty.

Dunkin isn't anything special, but if you're going to grab a cup on the go, you can't it. It's consistent and it's got a smooth flavor. Tops Starbucks and Seattle's best with ease, though maybe not Caribou.

But it's like Chipotle... if you're going to go with a speedy chain, it can't be beat. But you'd never expect Chipotle to stand up to a Chicago steak house, and you can't compare Dunkin to home brewed espresso using the finest beans and equipment. I'm sure they'd admit that.

Now I'm going to brew a pot of drip Dunkin, becos I slept like shit last night I have a long day of studying ahead!
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    I live a town over from mansfield, ma, and i dont know anyone from around here who doesnt love their dunkies daily. i brew dunkin donuts french vanilla every morning, and pick up an ice coffee at least once during the day. so delicious 8-)
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    When I'm in the office in Pittsburgh I'll usually grab a cup at Au Bon Pain or Cool Beans Cafe. We have a Keurig machine at work, but I'm not a huge fan. When I'm at the airport it's either Peet's (Philly) or Mayorga (Pittsburgh) and Peet's wins hands down as the most enjoyable.

When I'm on the road in Philly, I'll take McDonald's over Dunkin' any day. At Dunkin' even if you tell them to put in just a little bit of cream they overdo it and it drives me crazy. ING on 17th makes a pretty good cup.

At home, it's 8 o'clock (either the Italian roast or original).
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    fanch75 wrote:

I believe the quote was "hot, black and bitter....just like my women." :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Tim Horton's english toffee coffee is good.
    I guess that's more of a specialty thing and i'm pretty sure its closer to hot chocolate.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    M.E. Swings Guatemalan roast. I'm really digging it. It's a medium roast.

http://www.swingscoffee.com/
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    buying pre-ground coffee is as sensical as buying used condoms.

it'll get the job done, but you could easily just buy it fresh.

once you grind coffee its flavor goes downhil fast.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    I gots to get me some Dark Magic
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:
    At home, I *cannot* live with out this ... my coffee grinder/brewer ... oh god, if I could marry it, I would.

cuisinart_grind_brew_coffee_maker_reviews_580667_175.jpg

well after 10 years, my grind n brew gave up the ghost this morning :( i loved that thing
  • Dunkin Donuts recovering addict here

got a Keurig machine for xmas last year and am hooked to that now...
    I like Green Mountain Vermont Blend or Nantucket Blend or Gloria Jeans Mudslide or Hazelnut flavored
    yummm
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    At home, I *cannot* live with out this ... my coffee grinder/brewer ... oh god, if I could marry it, I would.

well after 10 years, my grind n brew gave up the ghost this morning :( i loved that thing
    Sorry for you loss.

I drinks my Folgers class columbian. Black. It should be illegal for a grown man to put sugar or cream in his coffee....wait, maybe that needs to be in the man law thread.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Hm, I just bought a new coffee maker last month and seriously consider getting a grind and brew. I've had coffee from them and it was fabulous! But Consumer Reports said that they're hard to clean so I got something more mundane. :|

Considering getting a Keurig for my office. I've only worked here a few months and I like just about everything about this job, but the coffee here is wimpy. :thumbdown:

On the plus side, I've quickly established a reputation among my coworkers as a SERIOUS coffee drinker. :ugeek:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Grind my own too, Eight O'clock Columbian, drink it black
    pause 'n serve first strong cup :D
    I could give up anything but coffee
  • Considering getting a Keurig for my office. I've only worked here a few months and I like just about everything about this job, but the coffee here is wimpy. :thumbdown:

On the plus side, I've quickly established a reputation among my coworkers as a SERIOUS coffee drinker. :ugeek:

Keurig is deff. a good way to go...they are a little expensive, but easy to clean, especially if you use daily. they have a small one that has limited functions...but if you have other coffee drinkers in the office, you could probably convince them to chip in...at $2+ dollars a cup at Dunkin or even more than that at Starbucks, I think its a good investment. Plus, it has a water filter built in if you happen to work somewhere that has well water or no water cooler.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I don't know what the big deal about coffee is...I've never drank a cup in my life, but then again maybe that's why i'm so damn tired right now.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Hm, I just bought a new coffee maker last month and seriously consider getting a grind and brew. I've had coffee from them and it was fabulous! But Consumer Reports said that they're hard to clean so I got something more mundane. :|

yeah the inside parts can get a little messy but it never really bothered me much...i'm reading reviews on amazon right now for a replacement and several people are saying that it makes weak coffee...well, i'm not that particular about coffee so i never noticed it...i just like fresh ground coffee and this maker does it the best and easiest :)
  • Considering getting a Keurig for my office. I've only worked here a few months and I like just about everything about this job, but the coffee here is wimpy. :thumbdown:

Keurig is deff. a good way to go...they are a little expensive, but easy to clean, especially if you use daily. they have a small one that has limited functions...but if you have other coffee drinkers in the office, you could probably convince them to chip in...at $2+ dollars a cup at Dunkin or even more than that at Starbucks, I think its a good investment. Plus, it has a water filter built in if you happen to work somewhere that has well water or no water cooler.
    That sounds good. We don't have a water cooler here. There's one other fanatic who drinks it all day like I do so he might be interested. The only place nearby to buy a cup is a Starbucks and I don't like turning over half my paycheck for a drink.
  • norm wrote:

yeah the inside parts can get a little messy but it never really bothered me much...i'm reading reviews on amazon right now for a replacement and several people are saying that it makes weak coffee...well, i'm not that particular about coffee so i never noticed it...i just like fresh ground coffee and this maker does it the best and easiest :)
    Well, I ended up buying a non-grinding Cuisinart and I'm pretty happy with it. We had a KitchenAid for more than 10 years but it died and the current KA makers all got really lousy reviews.

That sounds good. We don't have a water cooler here. There's one other fanatic who drinks it all day like I do so he might be interested. The only place nearby to buy a cup is a Starbucks and I don't like turning over half my paycheck for a drink.

Yah, screw Starbucks
    OH, and another thing about the keurig
    you can set the temp (on mine at least...double check the lower end models) so, seeing as I use cream...it can really cool down the coffee a lot depending on how much you use...I set the temp to the max on mine (190 degrees) so when I put in the cream, its still hot enough to melt your face :lol: Get yourself a nice travel mug and it will stay warm for hours...I got a real nice travel mug for Gloria Jeans for a reasonable price...keeps that shit hot till noon!!!
    Also, you can buy Celestial Seasonings Tea in the K-cups too, if you have any tea drinkers at work. They also have hot cocoa k-cups,...or, you can just toss in a tea bag or cocoa packet of your choice and let the water run through w/out a k-cup inside...shit, you could even make your cup 'o soup or ramen noodle!!!
    the possiblities are endless...and if you have a hard time finding the k-cups (if you dont want to order online) you can get the personal k-cup which has a little filter so you can put whatever kind of ground coffee you want in there...it takes a few brews to figure out the right amount of coffee to water ratio tho....mmm..now i want some coffee dammit!!!

• Yah, screw Starbucks
    OH, and another thing about the keurig
    you can set the temp (on mine at least...double check the lower end models) so, seeing as I use cream...it can really cool down the coffee a lot depending on how much you use...I set the temp to the max on mine (190 degrees) so when I put in the cream, its still hot enough to melt your face :lol: Get yourself a nice travel mug and it will stay warm for hours...I got a real nice travel mug for Gloria Jeans for a reasonable price...keeps that shit hot till noon!!!
    OK, that's good to know cuz I use cream too. I WILL NOT use that powdered shit.

I don't think getting the k-cups would be a problem. I see them at lots of places. Even Target!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i love good ole fashioned dunkin coffee but today, im drinking cafe du mondo coffee + chickory.
  • double cold freddo espresso
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    There's a coffee shop nearby my house that I frequent and am a regular at. I believe they roast their own beans. They have a dark blend called The Far East Rim, and it's my favorite that they have there.

I buy whole bean, grind and use a french press.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Naviera, but I can't find it outside of the Tampa Bay area, and I don't really do the online shopping thing (outside of this site, that is).

Cafe%20Naviera%2050042205.jpg

So, I settle for Bustelo.

7447101720.jpg
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • bovy_j wrote:
    My favorite coffee is the double-double! :P
    (the canadians will understand!)

How about a Gretzky?
    This may be a Canadian urban legend.
    I have never tried to order it,
    have never seen anyone order it,
    nor even HEARD of someone ordering it.
    Nevertheless... I think it's out there.

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Civet
  • i can't decide between mountain thunder or blue mountain
    damn
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I buy Italian roast from a local shop and use it to make espresso
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13