Coffee what's your fav?

Comments

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    wawa-coffee.jpg
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Dunkin Donuts french vanilla. It's the best.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Dunkin Donuts reggalah! When they make it just right, there's nothin bettah.
  • LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    Starbucks is the vilest coffee I've ever had. I'm talking about the standard every day coffee, not the fancier ones which I don't drink.

As far as standard coffee, I'd go with McDonald's (Yes, I said it!) and close second, Dunkin Donuts.

But if you want real coffee, go to Italy, and order an espresso, then you will know what heaven tastes like!
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    edited March 2009
    Get_Right wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    store bought: really doesnt matter, its just to get me going, but typically maxwell house french roast
    I'm a big coffee drinker and French roast is my fave for the everyday stuff.

For a treat I like Tchibo rich roast. Hard to find and well worth it.

never even heard of it-national brand?
    It's German. My sister lived in Germany a year and introduced me to it. Germans love them some coffee which I found out when I visited. I've seen it online and I buy it in a specialty grocery store.

24GE42.jpg

GOOD STUFF!!
    Post edited by Who Princess on
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Black with two sugars, two creams

Just keeping it simple.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    coffee_cup_image.jpg

Grew up in Boston, so, it's major amounts of Dunkies love for me!

Me and my girl were in Santa Fe, NM for a long weekend ... I spotted a Dunkin Donuts form about 750 yards away and started having a happy fit ... and she is STILL with me :?: :?: :?: :D

At home, I *cannot* live with out this ... my coffee grinder/brewer ... oh god, if I could marry it, I would.

cuisinart_grind_brew_coffee_maker_reviews_580667_175.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    Down w/ coffee...UP w/ tea!! :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:
    At home, I *cannot* live with out this ... my coffee grinder/brewer ... oh god, if I could marry it, I would.

cuisinart_grind_brew_coffee_maker_reviews_580667_175.jpg

i have one of those and it only grinds peets beans :mrgreen:
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Down w/ coffee...UP w/ tea!! :D
    I have a place for both in my heart! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Great idea for a thread.

Lately I've been drinking Gevalia coffee at work since my boss pays for it. The best is the mocca flavored batch, but the standard flavor works as well. At home I normally just drink Dunkin' Donuts but I just picked up the Eight O'Clock coffee after reading about their impressive taste test results :)
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I think I've only had about 3 cups of coffee in my life and I'm 38.
    I do drink hot chocolate.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309

I've only had 3 cups of coffee since waking up 4 hours ago.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    BinFrog wrote:

I've only had 3 cups of coffee since waking up 4 hours ago.

+1
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Ooohh I bought vanilla pods the other day and was wondering what to do with them... I put one in the coffee jar... delish vanilla coffee on demand now :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Lesbelges wrote:
    Starbucks is the vilest coffee I've ever had. I'm talking about the standard every day coffee, not the fancier ones which I don't drink.

As far as standard coffee, I'd go with McDonald's (Yes, I said it!) and close second, Dunkin Donuts.

But if you want real coffee, go to Italy, and order an espresso, then you will know what heaven tastes like!
    I not sure how long you've been drinking coffee but I'm pretty sure you switched the words Starbucks and McDonald's. IMO Starbucks is just tollerable(?), the other chains don't even make a decent cup.

I make mine at home with a french press and absolutely the darkest roast I can find. No flavors and no cream and sugar. The kind I am enjoying now I bought at WINCO and is called Rocket Java.
    #FHP
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    Black with two sugars, two creams

Just keeping it simple.

I can't let this slide. "black" means no cream, no sugar. Sorry
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Eight O'Clock coffee is very good coffee. I get the whole bean when I get it and grind it fresh. My favorite is French Roast. I'll drink other French Roast coffee too...I like the Arabica bean coffee instead of Columbian.

And any coffee cut with chicory is yuck to me.

1/2 & 1/2 and sweetener, please.

And I wish I had a Keurig.

:)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Horos wrote:
    Lesbelges wrote:

I not sure how long you've been drinking coffee but I'm pretty sure you switched the words Starbucks and McDonald's. IMO Starbucks is just tollerable(?), the other chains don't even make a decent cup.
    I don't care for Starbucks coffee (overpriced and badly brewed) and I'll agree that in a pinch McDonald's makes a decent cup of coffee. I used to have to drive quite a bit for a job and in a small town I'd go to, right off the highway there was a Starbucks and a McDonald's next door to each other. Most people coming off the highway would head for the Starbucks but the I the McDonalds had much better coffee.

Another place that has good coffee although I don't know everywhere you can find them is a chain of convenience stores called QT or QuikTrip. Excellent variety of freshly brewed coffee in clean, well-maintained stores. They only seem to be located in the Midwest and the South though.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Kat wrote:

I had never even heard of one of those til an attorney in my office bought one for the kitchen. They are AWESOME!!! But those re-fill pods are expensive so yeah, probably won’t be getting one at home.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Horos wrote:
    Lesbelges wrote:

I make mine at home with a french press and absolutely the darkest roast I can find. No flavors and no cream and sugar. The kind I am enjoying now I bought at WINCO and is called Rocket Java.

I've been drinking coffee for many years. Starbucks coffee is burnt, and hence why I don't like it. McDonalds really does make a pretty decent coffee. But again, if you go to Italy (if you haven't), you'll find out what coffee should taste like
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Kat wrote:
    Eight O'Clock coffee is very good coffee. I get the whole bean when I get it and grind it fresh. My favorite is French Roast. I'll drink other French Roast coffee too...I like the Arabica bean coffee instead of Columbian.

I can appreciate the ease this machine gives but honestly it's wasteful...the little plastic containers are bad for the environment...sorry Kat...I still love you ...The lovely coffee machines that come with the thermal carafes are great. The coffee won't get bitter. I'm an old fashioned kinda gal...I percolate my coffee :).
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Kat wrote:

I can appreciate the ease this machine gives but honestly it's wasteful...the little plastic containers are bad for the environment...sorry Kat...I still love you ...The lovely coffee machines that come with the thermal carafes are great. The coffee won't get bitter. I'm an old fashioned kinda gal...I percolate my coffee :).

I can't disagree with the wastefulness but my plan is to get the K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter so I can use my own coffee. I don't care for the flavored coffees anyway and it'll actually be less wasteful than brewing a pot with my current coffeepot since I'll only brew what I want to drink when I want to drink it. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Kat wrote:
    Kat wrote:

I can't disagree with the wastefulness but my plan is to get the K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter so I can use my own coffee. I don't care for the flavored coffees anyway and it'll actually be less wasteful than brewing a pot with my current coffeepot since I'll only brew what I want to drink when I want to drink it. :)
    Brilliant!!!!! :D I always seem to be one step behind! Eventually I'll catch up. :)
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    Starbucks is horrible.

Dunkin Doughnuts is good as well as McDonalds. My favorite is Oren's Daily Roast.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • smithnic wrote:
    Starbucks is horrible.

Dunkin Doughnuts is good as well as McDonalds. My favorite is Oren's Daily Roast.

Imo starbucks store bought isnt that bad if you dont make it as strong as starbucks itself does. Green mountain is really good also.
    Lesbelges wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Lesbelges wrote:

I've been drinking coffee for many years. Starbucks coffee is burnt, and hence why I don't like it. McDonalds really does make a pretty decent coffee. But again, if you go to Italy (if you haven't), you'll find out what coffee should taste like
    There's no accounting for taste. I guess you all like flavored water, probably drink Budweiser too.

Oh and I guess you don't know but coffee and espresso are not the same drink. On the rare occasion I drink espresso I drink it straight. And I don't think I have to travel to Italy to find an espresso machine. But it is nice that you've been there.
    #FHP
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Horos wrote:
    There's no accounting for taste. I guess you all like flavored water, probably drink Budweiser too.

Oh and I guess you don't know but coffee and espresso are not the same drink. On the rare occasion I drink espresso I drink it straight. And I don't think I have to travel to Italy to find an espresso machine. But it is nice that you've been there.
    :mrgreen: smart bastard :lol: I wasn't blown away by the coffee in Italy (just to point out I've been there too :mrgreen: ) but I love strong coffee anyway... even with the instant, if I can't find the alta rica, I have to use two spoons :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Horos wrote:

:mrgreen: smart bastard :lol: I wasn't blown away by the coffee in Italy (just to point out I've been there too :mrgreen: ) but I love strong coffee anyway... even with the instant, if I can't find the alta rica, I have to use two spoons :oops:
    Thank you Helen ;) , I guess everyone on here would consider the coffee I drink vile. I make it as strong as I can and with the french press that is very strong, my coffee cup always has black residue at the bottom.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:

Budweiser? Please, the only good thing about Bud is that the Belgians just bought them and will teach them how to properly brew beer.

As far as espresso, trust me, what you get in Italy is still pretty different from what you get here in the US.

I will say this about Starbucks, their Americano coffee is pretty good. Will take that any day over the standard coffees they have there.
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1