Coffee what's your fav?

WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
what kind of coffee do you drink ?

I just started drinking 8 0'clock bean coffee. I heard good things about it and it's been on sale at Target for around $3.85 . It's actually pretty good.So far I have only tried their columbian roast. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I don't know that it's my fav but I get the Sumatra from Starbucks everyday. It's pretty strong so I like it.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I drink anything as long as it's good. I favor Dunkin Donuts coffee though :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    If I'm brewing at home, I usually get Peet's.

Good stuff!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,425
    whatever is on sale..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    my favorite is the Starbuck's Christmas Blend. my sister gave me some a few years back, and it's tasty stuff. but i'm kicking myself b/c i forgot to buy a couple of bags before they took it off the shelves this year.

so i've been drinking this Costa Rican coffee that we bought on our honeymoon last July. it's really good--it's called Cafe Triangulo de Oro. we're almost out & i think i'm going to have to order more from their site!

damn, i drink a lot of coffee! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I'm not a huge fan of coffee but I do drink it.

I will only buy fairtrade (normally supermarkets own) and I take it white with 1 sugar. Although, I have tried Jamaican Blue Mountain in the past... t'was nice! :geek:

If anyone can recommend me a good, fairtrade coffee, I would be very grateful! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    gvn2fly74 wrote:

I just started drinking 8 0'clock bean coffee. I heard good things about it and it's been on sale at Target for around $3.85 . It's actually pretty good.So far I have only tried their columbian roast. :D

That's what I use every morning. For cheap(er) coffee it's very good.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • FoxyMopFoxyMop Posts: 303
    Ugh!! I used to hate coffee - never drank it in my life - but we got a Keurig so now I'm addicted. :evil: :roll:

My favorite is Green Mountain Breakfast Blend or this Pumpkin Spice thing they had.

At least they are still wussie coffee drinks. :mrgreen:
  • I'm not a huge fan of coffee but I do drink it.

I will only buy fairtrade (normally supermarkets own) and I take it white with 1 sugar. Although, I have tried Jamaican Blue Mountain in the past... t'was nice! :geek:

If anyone can recommend me a good, fairtrade coffee, I would be very grateful! :D

Jamaican blue coffee is really good ,but it's very $$$$$ $40 a lb is the cheapest I could find.Wal-mart has fair trade coffee.I tried their coast Rica blend and it was pretty good :D
    mfc2006 wrote:

I'm with ya on that! I think I drink 4-5 cups a day. Way too much...
  • BinFrog wrote:
    gvn2fly74 wrote:

That's what I use every morning. For cheap(er) coffee it's very good.

a couple of weeks ago there was a taste test on the news and 8 0'clock was favored most it even beat Starbucks, so I figured hey why not. I must say I was impressed.
  • PJGARDEN wrote:
    I don't know that it's my fav but I get the Sumatra from Starbucks everyday. It's pretty strong so I like it.

That stuff is pretty damn strong it could probably wake the dead, although I'm pretty close to it most mornings. :P
    gvn2fly74 wrote:
    PJGARDEN wrote:

That stuff is pretty damn strong it could probably wake the dead, although I'm pretty close to it most mornings. :P

LOL! I know. That's why I like it ;)
  • PJGARDEN wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

I'm with ya on that! I think I drink 4-5 cups a day. Way too much...

on my 6th cup already and it's only 1:00 :D
  • Has any one seen the quit smoking commercial and the guy is sitting in a dinner and he's trying to drink his coffe but he keeps spiling it all over him self ? freakin hilarious :lol::lol::lol:
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    edited March 2009
    Maxwell or Fletchers. I hate flavored coffees. I put a teaspoon of sugar and a little cream (or milk). I love how that tastes so much that to add any other flavoring ruins it.
    I drink coffee exactly like my dad. When I was a kid, he use to let us drink whatever spilt over into the saucer. That is how I acquired the same taste.
    He is fussy about his coffee. He has to have a saucer, with a teaspoon, and wants the cream, (or milk), and sugar already added and the teaspoon placed next to cup atop of saucer. Its funny. He wants my mom to serve him to the point of saying things like, "Laurie, where's the milk?" and the milk be right in front of him. Its his way of telling her she forgot to add milk and she is suppose to poor it in, not him. One time, I said, "Daddy, its right in front of you, can't you pour your own milk", and they all ignored me and she ran over and poured his milk!
    All 4 of his daughters are trained to make his coffee the exact same way, if we are the one who offered him coffee. (He has no sons, or they would be too.)
    Post edited by Heatherj43 on
    Save room for dessert!
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I LOVE the Alta Rica from the nescafe range... it's instant coffee but tastes as good or better than most 'real' coffees I've had.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Maxwell or Fletchers. I hate flavored coffees. I put a teaspoon of sugar and a little cream (or milk). I love how that tastes so much that to add any other flavoring ruins it.
    I drink coffee exactly like my dad. When I was a kid, he use to let us drink whatever spilt over into the saucer. That is how I acquired the same taste.
    He is fussy about his coffee. He has to have a saucer, with a teaspoon, and wants the cream, (or milk), and sugar already added and the teaspoon placed next to cup atop of saucer. Its funny. He wants my mom to serve him to the point of saying things like, "Laurie, where's the milk?" and the milk be right in front of him. Its his way of telling her she forgot to add milk and she is suppose to poor it in, not him. One time, I said, "Daddy, its right in front of you, can't you poor your own milk", and they all ignored me and she ran over and poored his milk!
    All 4 of his daughters are trained to make his coffee the exact same way, if we are the one who offered him coffee. (He has no sons, or they would be too.)

This is like reverse Rainman.

"Yeah, Laurie definitely puts milk in my coffee on weekdays. Definitely weekdays. Of course the milk is already poured when I get it. Defnitely poured before I get it. Yeah."

*Laurie gives him coffee and milk at the same time but forgets to pour the milk in*

"Uh-oh, no milk, yeaaahr, uh, no milk, Laurie no milk. Definitely no milk, Laurie. Uh-oh no milk."

*A few minutes later as they are driving on the freeway looking for a coffee shop"

"8 O'Clock Coffee - *bang* - the staple of morning drinks
    8 O'Clock Coffee - *bang* - the staple of morning drinks
    8 O'Clock Coffee - *bang* - the staple of morning drinks"

You: "Dad, change topics."
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    BinFrog wrote:
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    He is fussy about his coffee. He has to have a saucer, with a teaspoon, and wants the cream, (or milk), and sugar already added and the teaspoon placed next to cup atop of saucer. Its funny. He wants my mom to serve him to the point of saying things like, "Laurie, where's the milk?" and the milk be right in front of him. Its his way of telling her she forgot to add milk and she is suppose to poor it in, not him. One time, I said, "Daddy, its right in front of you, can't you poor your own milk", and they all ignored me and she ran over and poored his milk!

This is like reverse Rainman.

"Yeah, Laurie definitely puts milk in my coffee on weekdays. Definitely weekdays. Of course the milk is already poured when I get it. Defnitely poured before I get it. Yeah."

*Laurie gives him coffee and milk at the same time but forgets to pour the milk in*

"Uh-oh, no milk, yeaaahr, uh, no milk, Laurie no milk. Definitely no milk, Laurie. Uh-oh no milk."

*A few minutes later as they are driving on the freeway looking for a coffee shop"

"8 O'Clock Coffee - *bang* - the staple of morning drinks
    8 O'Clock Coffee - *bang* - the staple of morning drinks
    8 O'Clock Coffee - *bang* - the staple of morning drinks"

You: "Dad, change topics."
    LOL! It is. It's funny as hell to watch. He just sits there with a dumb look on his face when anyone brings it to his attention that he can pour his own milk.
    He'll pretend to look around, but its an obvious feeble attempt. The dumb look gives that away.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,803
    if money is no object

Jamaican blue mountain

local roaster: Oren's colombian supremo

store bought: really doesnt matter, its just to get me going, but typically maxwell house french roast
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    Well, when my espresso machine is up & running I prefer to buy beans from a local roaster. They are always extremely fresh and produce a superb crema.
    Now that it's broken, I like Peet's. I always buy whole bean.
    haha, Yesterday on tshirthell.com I saw a shirt that said, "I like my coffee like I like my women.... ground up and in the freezer." :shock:
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Get_Right wrote:
    store bought: really doesnt matter, its just to get me going, but typically maxwell house french roast
    I'm a big coffee drinker and French roast is my fave for the everyday stuff.

For a treat I like Tchibo rich roast. Hard to find and well worth it.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    My favorite coffee is the double-double! :P
    (the canadians will understand!)
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    any kind as long as there's cream and sugar. :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    edited March 2009
    bovy_j wrote:
    i'm not Canadian... but...:mrgreen::mrgreen: ( i think I'm a triple though ;) )
    Post edited by CHANGEinWAVES on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,803
    Get_Right wrote:
    I'm a big coffee drinker and French roast is my fave for the everyday stuff.

For a treat I like Tchibo rich roast. Hard to find and well worth it.

never even heard of it-national brand?
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    On days that I work, I drink Maxwell House b/c why waste good coffee on work.

On other days, I break out the french press, and go for something a bit tastier although I have no out-and-out favorite.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    bovy_j wrote:
    i'm not Canadian... but...:mrgreen::mrgreen: ( i think I'm a triple though ;) )

Triple-Triple aren't too bad either! A little sweet for my tastes...but still...I'd drink it! It's Timmy HoHo's! :P
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    libragirl wrote:
    I drink anything as long as it's good. I favor Dunkin Donuts coffee though :)
    my roommate drinks dunkin donuts religously so now im on it.
    they're quite consistent with my ice coffee..its hot down here
    bovy_j wrote:

Triple-Triple aren't too bad either! A little sweet for my tastes...but still...I'd drink it! It's Timmy HoHo's! :P
    Tim_hortons_logo_original%5B1%5D.gif