Coffee what's your fav?

Comments

• brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    I'm getting to be a big coffee drinker.

I have at least 3 cups of Dunkin Donuts coffee every day.

I love that shit
  • CorsoCorso Posts: 201
    fav coffee? black, medium roast, temp around 130 F, drip, french press or stove top, toddy, espresso, it is all good. has anyone tasted jamaican blue mountain?
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Iced hazelnut....year round......
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    STUMPTOWNCOFFEE IS INVADING NYC!! :)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04022009/en ... 162415.htm

"YOU can't run a city that never sleeps without copious amounts of caffeine -- so it makes sense that some of the nation's top coffee purveyors are looking to get in on the action. Garnering some of the biggest buzz is Stumptown Coffee. The Portland, Ore., company is opening a Red Hook roastery at 219 Van Brunt St. and a cafe in Chelsea's Ace Hotel this spring. Until then, Stumptown beans are available at a growing roster of local cafes and restaurants, as are cult brews from Chicago's Intelligentsia, San Francisco's Blue Bottle and Durham, NC's, Counter Culture.

But will they make inroads in a city where -- in the words of Stumptown owner Duane Sorenson -- "diner coffee is big"?"
  • I'm not a huge fan of coffee but I do drink it.

I will only buy fairtrade (normally supermarkets own) and I take it white with 1 sugar. Although, I have tried Jamaican Blue Mountain in the past... t'was nice! :geek:

If anyone can recommend me a good, fairtrade coffee, I would be very grateful! :D

http://www.larrysbeans.com/
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Corso wrote:
    fav coffee? black, medium roast, temp around 130 F, drip, french press or stove top, toddy, espresso, it is all good. has anyone tasted jamaican blue mountain?

yeah that stuff is good but damn expensive
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I really need to ween off of coffee and go back to just hot tea.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    I am really enjoying toddy (cold brewed coffee). You can use any arabica blend, brew up a pound at a time and let it sit in the fridge for up to a week (as if it would last that long!) It has much less acid than hot brewed coffee or espresso and is way easier on my stomach.

One of the Stewart brothers (creators of Seattle's Best Coffee) told my sister about it, who told me about it, and I really enjoy it more than regular brewed. It's stronger than coffee - so to drink it like a cup of coffee you add hot water. I also use it as shots in cold/steamed milk & chocolate for an iced/hot mocha - and with a little hot water, baileys, and grand mariner for a nice after dinner drink 8-)

Here's an example of the toddy brewer we have - I think it was $40...but the above mentioned sister got it for me so I don't know for sure!
    http://www.toddycafe.com/
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I'm not a huge fan of coffee but I do drink it.

I will only buy fairtrade (normally supermarkets own) and I take it white with 1 sugar. Although, I have tried Jamaican Blue Mountain in the past... t'was nice! :geek:

If anyone can recommend me a good, fairtrade coffee, I would be very grateful! :D
    I've picked out a couple of places in London for my coffee stocks, at the Armadillo cafe in Notting Hill and Flat White in Soho. The range is great, though I'm not sure they take online orders. If you want, I can pick up some for the next time I'm around them places- just let me know if you want grounded or beans and I can pick something out.

I don't do chains. I would like my money back from the times I had coffee at Dunkin Donuts and Tim Hortons.

Drinking coffee in America is like having piss water. No one can do a macchiato that hits the right spot like they do in Italian, Aussie and Kiwi cafes, and this is from trying a tonne of places in Seattle, your supposed coffee capital. I'd rather drink, ugh, Bud.

If there's no brown sugar, I'd rather not take any.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Hinn wrote:
    I've picked out a couple of places in London for my coffee stocks, at the Armadillo cafe in Notting Hill and Flat White in Soho. The range is great, though I'm not sure they take online orders. If you want, I can pick up some for the next time I'm around them places- just let me know if you want grounded or beans and I can pick something out.

I don't do chains. I would like my money back from the times I had coffee at Dunkin Donuts and Tim Hortons.

Drinking coffee in America is like having piss water. No one can do a macchiato that hits the right spot like they do in Italian, Aussie and Kiwi cafes, and this is from trying a tonne of places in Seattle, your supposed coffee capital. I'd rather drink, ugh, Bud.

Oh Good Lord. Turn off your Mac & get over yourself. One of your Kiwi cafes could put Dunkin Donuts' coffee in a cup and you would think it was perfectly fine unless someone told you what it was.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

Oh Good Lord. Turn off your Mac & get over yourself. One of your Kiwi cafes could put Dunkin Donuts' coffee in a cup and you would think it was perfectly fine unless someone told you what it was.
    PC, actually. Coffee's pretty much the only thing I get all anal about. Too technologically challenged to give Macs a try 8-)

When it comes to coffee, I'm definite a complete tool. I threw in Aussies and Kiwis in there alongside the Italians, but really, the Italians are just a league apart. Overall, the Seattlelites prolly have the edge over the English in coffee making. Just not the bits where the English just stick to making tea and let the continental immigrants do all the coffeemaking.
    haha, good response, I can get on board with that. Want to hear the one thing I'm picky about? It's fountain soda. That's right. I'm not above asking the server to let me try their mix of Coke or whatever before ordering one. I can't stand soda that isn't mixed right. Maybe I should buy a Mac and start listening to Vampire Weekend vinyls.
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Posts: 2,489
    caramel macchiato from starbucks..."only" 4 bucks here :D
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    black with a shot of honey.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    anything black with caffeine in it
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Very strong and black with no sugar.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Black & strong. Just like my women.
    Bump.

Brought a few sample bags of Dunkin' Donuts to change things up at work, and there are just times when I crave "The Budweiser of Coffee" :D
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I've been waiting for 2 hours for my cafeine to kick in.... No luck!! I guess that's what I get for thinking 3 hrs of sleep before a 12hr work day will do...
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    I'm pretty sure I already mentioned that my espresso machine broke a few months ago, then my french press broke and the cheapest french press in town is $60 and to fix my espresso maching it'll cost about $150 plus 4 hours driving time, so..... We've been drinking coffee a la cone filter for quite a while now and it is so depressing! I need to just get the frickin' machine fixed but I'm too lazy I guess! Coincidentally I gained 5-10 lbs. when my espresso machine broke and I went from drinking 8 shots of espresso a day to one cup of coffee a day. :(
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
    I'm pretty sure I already mentioned that my espresso machine broke a few months ago, then my french press broke and the cheapest french press in town is $60 and to fix my espresso maching it'll cost about $150 plus 4 hours driving time, so..... We've been drinking coffee a la cone filter for quite a while now and it is so depressing! I need to just get the frickin' machine fixed but I'm too lazy I guess! Coincidentally I gained 5-10 lbs. when my espresso machine broke and I went from drinking 8 shots of espresso a day to one cup of coffee a day. :(

This post shows that white people are absolutely nuts.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I love my coffee ........... I usually get through an eight cup pot a day :!: :P
    I buy an gorgeous organic fairtrade columbian bean from my local health food store and grind them at home....I take it black no sugar .......... I could not live without my coffee ............. I also have a little mini one cup pot that I keep at work and take in my beans every morning that I have ground before leaving for work............ yeah I'm usually pretty wired :oops:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    anyone ever add anything to the coffee brewing process?

i just made some starbucks italian roast with a teaspoon of hershey cocoa powder mixed in the grinds. its pretty good, but not overwhelmingly chocolaty.

anyone else experiment with things like this?
    fanch75 wrote:

I'm Asian.

I bought a latte from some chain place, had a sip, and tipped it out. Too bloody milky, and the milk's pretty crap quality too. Lunch break on Monday will be spent hunting for decent coffee around the new work.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    fanch75 wrote:

yea we're f'in idiots
    im goin to get a quadruple at starbucks right now..cant wait
    BUMP!

Over the past few weeks I've had some great coffee from Honduras, vacation gift from my wife :)
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    I recently bought some Dunkin Donuts Dark and was really surprised by how good it was. It reminded me of a Peet's coffee only half the cost=p

give it a try
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    lephty wrote:
    I recently bought some Dunkin Donuts Dark and was really surprised by how good it was. It reminded me of a Peet's coffee only half the cost=p

give it a try

dunkin is the best. roommate converted me
    since its 129 degrees out ive been goin ice coffee..delicious
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    MEGATRON wrote:
    since its 129 degrees out ive been goin ice coffee..delicious
    I like iced coffee in the summer if it's really good coffee. But I still brew myself some fresh hot coffee in the afternoon, no matter what the weather is. And it is getting pretty hot in Texas right now. :shock:

For those who are going to ACL, I will point out that the food and beverage choices are first rate and I have enjoyed delicious iced coffee there the last few years. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    coffee_cup_image.jpg

Grew up in Boston, so, it's major amounts of Dunkies love for me!

Me and my girl were in Santa Fe, NM for a long weekend ... I spotted a Dunkin Donuts form about 750 yards away and started having a happy fit ... and she is STILL with me :?: :?: :?: :D

At home, I *cannot* live with out this ... my coffee grinder/brewer ... oh god, if I could marry it, I would.

cuisinart_grind_brew_coffee_maker_reviews_580667_175.jpg

Sooooooo ... the ginder portion of the above coffee maker has died. Instead of buying a whole new coffee maker, I just bought a stand alone grinder for $20 off amazon. It actually grinds far better than the coffee maker used to, and my coffee is a little tastier now.

Also, in the time I was waiting for the grinder, my girl found that costco out here sold ground Dunkin Donuts coffee (dirt cheap too) ... oh man ... good times. I feel like I'm back east again!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez