PS3 Games

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Rygar wrote:
    The Logitech Driving Force GT?
    It's 180 in Canada.
    My 360 wheel was 49.99, so it's pretty darn good afterall ;)
    I think I got mine for $130 on amazon. I checked and they currently have them for $145.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    finally picked up Uncharted 2. Looking forward to playing that with a few rum&cokes...

Also i'm interested in this deadRising2.. is that all about wandering around sandbox style, killing muthafuckizombies???

I dig sandbox cause it works well with drinking and passing out while playing...

Don't know much about Dead Rising 2, but Uncharted 2 is freakin' amazing!
  • finally picked up Uncharted 2. Looking forward to playing that with a few rum&cokes...

Also i'm interested in this deadRising2.. is that all about wandering around sandbox style, killing muthafuckizombies???

I dig sandbox cause it works well with drinking and passing out while playing...

Yeah Uncharted 2 is probably one of my top five games of all-time.

The first Dead Rising was so frustrating that I don't know if I can give the second one a fair chance.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    finally picked up Uncharted 2. Looking forward to playing that with a few rum&cokes...

You also have missions and side missions to do in Dead Rising 2, but I mostly just kill muthafuckizombies. One of the side missions was a psychopath was holding a women hostage and trying to marry her. I eventually killed him and then gave her a dildo to defend herself, good times. I haven't had a chance to try out the online co-op yet because I don't know anyone else with the game. Unfortunately there's no offline co-op.
  • I eventually killed him and then gave her a dildo to defend herself, good times.

haha, well arent you a kind soul, giving her dual-purpose supplies! :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I eventually killed him and then gave her a dildo to defend herself, good times.

haha, well arent you a kind soul, giving her dual-purpose supplies! :D
    We still got 40 hours until rescue, she has to kill the time somehow. ;)
    Well my original 60GB is almost maxed out on HDD space. Less than 500MB left.

Time for a HDD upgrade. Anyone here upgrade theirs? I saw a 250GB HDD at Staples for like $50 and a 500GB for $80.
    Crazy how cheap harddrives are these days!! I remember back when a 1GB was huge and it cost a fortune...

For those who've upgraded, did you run into any problems? I've heard it's pretty easy to do, I just wanted to see if any of you have done it.
    mca47 wrote:

Time for a HDD upgrade. Anyone here upgrade theirs? I saw a 250GB HDD at Staples for like $50 and a 500GB for $80.
    Crazy how cheap harddrives are these days!! I remember back when a 1GB was huge and it cost a fortune...

For those who've upgraded, did you run into any problems? I've heard it's pretty easy to do, I just wanted to see if any of you have done it.
    Make sure you get a hard drive that fits. If I remember correctly, they can only hold a 2.5" drive. Most 500gb's are 3.5".
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    The Logitech Driving Force GT?
    It's 180 in Canada.
    My 360 wheel was 49.99, so it's pretty darn good afterall ;)
    I think I got mine for $130 on amazon. I checked and they currently have them for $145.
    None on Amazon.ca.
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/logitech-driving-force-gt-racing-wheel/10105696.aspx?path=a4d794623d195086b41ce6ee8d98b653en02
    That's the one you're talking about, right?
    mca47 wrote:

Make sure you get a hard drive that fits. If I remember correctly, they can only hold a 2.5" drive. Most 500gb's are 3.5".
    You are correct, 2.5". aka a laptop SATA.
    Put a 320 in mine.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

You are correct, 2.5". aka a laptop SATA.
    Put a 320 in mine.
    I put 250GB in for my son. Relatively easy just used my external harddrive from my comp to back-up all the current PS3 files. Remove one screw and replace the drive. Made me feel likeI accomplished something but it was really easy.
    #FHP
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Anybody using Netflix on PS3? Fucking sweet....
  • mca47 - I put a 250gb in mine...easy as pie with no issues.

Jearlpam, Netflix is pretty sweet on ps3
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    mca47 - I put a 250gb in mine...easy as pie with no issues.

I'm not quite a techy as I used to be...

Does the PS3 format the external HDD for backup? I mean, if I go out and buy a Ex-HDD will the PS3 format it correctly or will I have to format it to FAT32 via my PC?

Also the new Netflix App upgrade was nice.
    5.1 Digital is a bigtime plus!!
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 - I put a 250gb in mine...easy as pie with no issues.

I'm not quite a techy as I used to be...

Does the PS3 format the external HDD for backup? I mean, if I go out and buy a Ex-HDD will the PS3 format it correctly or will I have to format it to FAT32 via my PC?

Also the new Netflix App upgrade was nice.
    5.1 Digital is a bigtime plus!!
    PS3 will format it before you can use it (after confirmation by you, of course).
    Rygar wrote:
    I'm a diehard F1 fan so that isn't a problem ;) Thanks for the info.
    I have a wheel for the 360 and a few friends who are looking at the game. I'm hearing a lot about AI bugs and annoying problems.
    I finally hooked up my wheel last night and played F1 2010 for the first time with it. Holy crap, what a difference! I also took the brake assist off as there is no way to post a decent lap with it on. I'm still trying to get used to F1 rules as the series doesn't get much coverage in the States. I thought I had qualified 7th for the first race but I guess the first 60 minute session is practice only.

It will be interesting to do a whole race. I think the minimum number of laps is 20% of a full race. I'm thinking that equates to 25 - 30 minutes of racing.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    My PS3 is broke, the blue ray lazer burned out!!

so pissed
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:

so pissed

There are places that can replace the laser for pretty cheap, then there is Sony, who will charge you an arm and a leg to get you a refurbished PS3.
    What model of PS3 do you have?

I have the original 60GB, and I'm pretty sure if it ever dies on me, I'm just going to go out and buy a brand new one. I don't want some crappy refurb!
    mca47 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

so pissed

There are places that can replace the laser for pretty cheap, then there is Sony, who will charge you an arm and a leg to get you a refurbished PS3.

I have the original 60GB, and I'm pretty sure if it ever dies on me, I'm just going to go out and buy a brand new one. I don't want some crappy refurb!

I have the original 80GB model

it's error 80010514. I contacted Sony, and the wanted like 150 to repair it
    booomm11 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

so pissed

I have the original 80GB model

it's error 80010514. I contacted Sony, and the wanted like 150 to repair it
    I had the same thing happen to me . . . just 2 weeks past the one-year warranty! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yup, the bastards charged me $150 and sent it back with a cracked case. Check your local options out to save some money.
    2weeks after? yikes! yeah i'm gonna hold of till after the holidays, then make a move.

So just shop around some local electronic stores or what not?
    booomm11 wrote:
    2weeks after? yikes! yeah i'm gonna hold of till after the holidays, then make a move.

I've heard that some local electronic stores that do repair work will fix gaming consoles (not all issues, but I've heard many can easily fix the lasers).
    Also, check out the playstation.com forums. There many people have talked about that very issue and repair options.
    mca47 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:

I've heard that some local electronic stores that do repair work will fix gaming consoles (not all issues, but I've heard many can easily fix the lasers).
    Also, check out the playstation.com forums. There many people have talked about that very issue and repair options.
    There are also some handy youtube how-to vids.
    If you know how to take apart a computer, the only thing you'd have to learn is applying thermal paste and using a heat gun. It isn't terribly difficult and your repair job is probably going to be almost as good as the repaired PS3 they're sending you back.
    FYI $230 Canadian for a repair.
    Rygar wrote:
    You Canadians got screwed as your loonies gained strength on the American dollar! It seems that most retailers are using a conversion factor that was established back in the 80's.
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    You Canadians got screwed as your loonies gained strength on the American dollar! It seems that most retailers are using a conversion factor that was established back in the 80's.
    Last time our dollars were closed there was a big uproar about equal pricing and retailers caved - that lasted a few weeks I think. Our dollar has been strong for a while and I haven't head a peep!
    I laughed my balls off at the Sony rep who told me that. I can get a brand new one for 60 bucks more.
    Best part is that I was 14 months after paying $190 to get it fixed.
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Last time our dollars were closed there was a big uproar about equal pricing and retailers caved - that lasted a few weeks I think. Our dollar has been strong for a while and I haven't head a peep!
    I laughed my balls off at the Sony rep who told me that. I can get a brand new one for 60 bucks more.
    Best part is that I was 14 months after paying $190 to get it fixed.
    The PS3 really is a travesty. I think Sony got high off the PS2's success and still haven't come down from their high-horse. It isn't right for them to profit from a known hardware problem. At least Microsoft sent me a refund check once they admitted the "3 rings of death" and extended the warranty to three years.

I went to play F1 2010 last night and had to wait 23 minutes for an update. Xbox updates are under 60 seconds on average with the biggest ones taking up to five minutes; Sony's minor updates are 20-30 minutes and the major ones can take well over an hour to download and install.
    Jason P wrote:
    The PS3 really is a travesty. I think Sony got high of the PS2's success and still haven't come down from their high-horse. It isn't right for them to profit from a known hardware problem. At least Microsoft sent me a refund check once they admitted the "3 rings of death" and extended the warranty to three years.

I went to play F1 2010 last night and had to wait 23 minutes for an update. Xbox updates are under 60 seconds on average with the biggest ones taking up to five minutes; Sony's minor updates are 20-30 minutes and the major ones can take well over an hour to download and install.
    Yeah I've noticed the same thing with my 360 vs PS3 load times (it's hard to miss).
    The install times are brutal in comparison as well, but I attribute lots of that to BRD drive read speed limitations.
    Thanks fellas! I'll probably get a new system after the New Year.

Just wanna play some FIFA!!
    While my system is still working fine, I do think it's complete BS that they charge that kind of $ to fix machines with a known flaw. I do think initially they were doing it to pad the bottom line when they were losing money on the system. I also think they rushed out the "slim" for this reason. Rather than admitting to their error, they put out a "new" system that was a) cheaper to produce and b) one that fixed those known issues...like they could brush it under the rug. :roll:

Like I've said before, while mine is chugging along nicely, if it dies...there is no way I'm paying $150 for a refurb! If it does die, I'm just hoping it is the laser or something that allows me to back up my data for the new system.
    mca47 wrote:
    While my system is still working fine, I do think it's complete BS that they charge that kind of $ to fix machines with a known flaw. I do think initially they were doing it to pad the bottom line when they were losing money on the system. I also think they rushed out the "slim" for this reason. Rather than admitting to their error, they put out a "new" system that was a) cheaper to produce and b) one that fixed those known issues...like they could brush it under the rug. :roll:

Like I've said before, while mine is chugging along nicely, if it dies...there is no way I'm paying $150 for a refurb! If it does die, I'm just hoping it is the laser or something that allows me to back up my data for the new system.
    My brother's 20G launch system YLOD'd 3 weeks ago and he fixed it himself (he is good with taking that kind of thing apart already). He seemed to think it was pretty easy :P