PS3 Games

Comments

• I got Fallout 3 for $35 because i heard it was a long game, and I think it sucks donkey balls. what a mistake!

:o:o

fallout 3 can easily be the game of the decade.

haha! :shock:
    i'll bet it gets better -- it's probably because i suck at these games and dont have much patience :evil:

I didnt even get out of the underground beginning part. I was running around getting eaten by stupid cockroaches shooting with a damn b-b gun. And then I tried to punch someone and the fighting was like an old sega game from 1993.. terrible controls and aweful angles of vision. But thats probably just me, I suck att hese complex games. I went to the menu screen and coundnt figure out anything... :o
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I got Fallout 3 for $35 because i heard it was a long game, and I think it sucks donkey balls. what a mistake!

i'll bet it gets better -- it's probably because i suck at these games and dont have much patience :evil:

I didnt even get out of the underground beginning part. I was running around getting eaten by stupid cockroaches shooting with a damn b-b gun. And then I tried to punch someone and the fighting was like an old sega game from 1993.. terrible controls and aweful angles of vision. But thats probably just me, I suck att hese complex games. I went to the menu screen and coundnt figure out anything... :o

Fallout 3 is a good game. Once you get outside and the story starts to develop, you'll enjoy it more.
    Also, you can play the game at your own pace. Exploring the wasteland is pretty fun.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I got Fallout 3 for $35 because i heard it was a long game, and I think it sucks donkey balls. what a mistake!

i can't play any first-person games worth shit. i had the same xp with dead space and bio shock. i cant shoot a damn thing, and the second a monster or enemy jumps out at me, i find myself spinning in circles and looking at the ceiling trying to figure out what happened, where the thing went, and why i can't see it. it's a pain. i don't play games like that anymore.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    MLB 09 The Show - or MLB 10 The Show....when it comes out. And Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. That's all you'll ever need.

i was all gung ho about getting mlb 09, but i assume that has players based on the 08 season? i figured i'd wait until the next version so the detroit tigers will actually be decent ;)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

lol. the game doesn't really start until you escape the vault. i was getting frustrated early on as well. your character is weak, you have no guns/ammo. but once you start leveling up and start collecting weapons and crap, it becomes a very addictive game.

give it a chance. the wasteland is HUGE and it's a lot of fun to go exploring through the ruins of DC. i've logged many many hours in that game and have beaten all the quests. and i still from time to time pop the game in just to roam around. definitely holds up well against the test of time.

you mention the angles of vision, you know have the option of playing in first or third player? first person is great and i dont see any problems with the angles and what not. third player is garbage, impossible to control your guy correctly.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

Just when you think you are just about done with Uncharted 2 another twist pops up and you have another adventure, I have yet to finish it but I think I am close.... I think I am. I am curious how the multiplayer part of the game works, none of my friends have gotten the game yet.

I'm curious about the new game Heavy Rain will turn out, I saw it listed on Amazon as coming soon and looked into it. It looks like a pretty cool RPG crime solving game. There is no solid release date on it yet, but it sounds like it is a highly anticipated release.

Uncharted 2 is awesome online. Everything you can do in the game you can do online. (climbing walls etc) I like it alot more than MW2 online.

Heavy rain looks sick too, probably gonna buy that.

If anyone wants to add me heres my psn: mini_roofer_S

just let me know your board name too so I know who it is.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259

Just when you think you are just about done with Uncharted 2 another twist pops up and you have another adventure, I have yet to finish it but I think I am close.... I think I am. I am curious how the multiplayer part of the game works, none of my friends have gotten the game yet.

I'm curious about the new game Heavy Rain will turn out, I saw it listed on Amazon as coming soon and looked into it. It looks like a pretty cool RPG crime solving game. There is no solid release date on it yet, but it sounds like it is a highly anticipated release.

Uncharted 2 is awesome online. Everything you can do in the game you can do online. (climbing walls etc) I like it alot more than MW2 online.

Heavy rain looks sick too, probably gonna buy that.

If anyone wants to add me heres my psn: mini_roofer_S

just let me know your board name too so I know who it is.

Amazon is giving a February 23rd release date now and is available for pre-order. I think this will be a definite buy.

I've completed Uncharted 2 but none of my friends have it, so I just play MW2 instead. Although my playing time has dropped off as of late.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    I finally got Uncharted 2 the other day.

Damn, this game is awesome!!
    Great action, great story, great "acting", and awesome graphics.

Definitely Game of the Year.

Has anyone played "Demon Souls" yet? It got great reviews and I hear it's a ton of fun (really hard, but fun).
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Fifa 10 is just excellent
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I've played and beaten Demon's Souls. It's an incredible challenge. It is very much like classic SNES/Genesis era games where you have to play a level (and die) 25 times to learn how to beat it. You can't run around just looking to kill things because before you know it, you'll be too far into a level with a lot of souls (which count as your currency and xp!) and when you die you lose it all. The only way to get the souls back is to make it back to where you died. Out of 5 people I know to have picked up the game and tried, only myself and one other managed to beat it.

I really can't recommend the game enough if you ever play games and get sick of how they hold your hand and make it easy for you to beat.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I can't play first person games, because I get dizzy as can be :( So I'm stuff playing sports games. NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10, NCAA Football 10....
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Anyone here looking forward to FFXIII? Coming out in early March...
    Anyone play the MAG beta?

I've seen vids on youtube, and I'm not so sure about this game...
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Has anyone played the GTA expansion pack games? (or whatever they're called?) They look cool, but is it long enough to ge into it?
  • Has anyone played the GTA expansion pack games? (or whatever they're called?) They look cool, but is it long enough to ge into it?

I have them on the 360 but haven't even opened them up yet. Supposedly they run around 10 hours each, so for the price it's a pretty good deal.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    And it would have been out long ago if the morons would stop making cafes and car dashboards and finish the damn game already.

Yeah, while I wish I could have gotten it a year ago, I'm thinking that when it does come out it's going to be amazing!
    hahaha, delayed again!
    Rygar wrote:
    hahaha, delayed again!

Sheeesh...they should just plan on releasing it for the Playstation 5.
    Has any game in the history of games been delayed this much?!?
    I'm really looking forward to Fallout: New Vegas.
    If it's anything close to Fallout 3, it's gonna be a lot of fun!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    And it would have been out long ago if the morons would stop making cafes and car dashboards and finish the damn game already.

Yeah, while I wish I could have gotten it a year ago, I'm thinking that when it does come out it's going to be amazing!
    hahaha, delayed again!
    GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

mr_angry.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    hahaha, delayed again!

Agreed, and I don't think so.
    I just pre-ordered it Monday, too!
    mca47 wrote:
    Looks that way. I'm trying to finish the last two DLCs from 3, but I suspect I'll wait for the GOTY edition for this one. Still on the fence for F1 2010, waiting for a price drop. $70 ouch.
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Looks that way. I'm trying to finish the last two DLCs from 3, but I suspect I'll wait for the GOTY edition for this one. Still on the fence for F1 2010, waiting for a price drop. $70 ouch.
    I still need to finish the Alaska and UFO add-ons but I've gotten every other achievement. I'm looking forward to New Vegas.

I have F1 2010 . . . I was on the fence getting it with GT5 right around the corner. It is very fast and that makes the game hard. I can't give a true review because I have not tried a racing wheel with the game yet and it's easy to make mistakes with a standard controller.

I don't watch F1 races but the tracks look great to me. One downside is that if you like short races, prepare to be disappointed. The minimum length of a race is 20% of the actual race. So I would wait a few months for a price drop unless you bleed F1.
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I still need to finish the Alaska and UFO add-ons but I've gotten every other achievement. I'm looking forward to New Vegas.

I have F1 2010 . . . I was on the fence getting it with GT5 right around the corner. It is very fast and that makes the game hard. I can't give a true review because I have not tried a racing wheel with the game yet and it's easy to make mistakes with a standard controller.

I don't watch F1 races but the tracks look great to me. One downside is that if you like short races, prepare to be disappointed. The minimum length of a race is 20% of the actual race. So I would wait a few months for a price drop unless you bleed F1.
    I'm a diehard F1 fan so that isn't a problem ;) Thanks for the info.
    I have a wheel for the 360 and a few friends who are looking at the game. I'm hearing a lot about AI bugs and annoying problems.
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    hahaha, delayed again!

Got an email from Best Buy about the game (where I had it preordered) and they new release date they are giving me is Dec 31. Whenever they say Dec 31 they usually mean a date unknown in 2011...
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    hahaha, delayed again!

Got an email from Best Buy about the game (where I had it preordered) and they new release date they are giving me is Dec 31. Whenever they say Dec 31 they usually mean a date unknown in 2011...
    This is B.S. They pulled the same shit last year, although I thought it was because the game was almost finished and they were trying to slow Forza sales down.

I would bet that it will be Christmas 2011 at the earliest. Hell, they may finish the PS4 design and production before this game is finished. My logitech wheel shall gather more dust until then . . .
    Jason P wrote:

I would bet that it will be Christmas 2011 at the earliest. Hell, they may finish the PS4 design and production before this game is finished. My logitech wheel shall gather more dust until then . . .
    I thought about getting the G27 for it, but couldn't justify the astronomical price.
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I thought about getting the G27 for it, but couldn't justify the astronomical price.
    Logitech has a cheaper one for around $100 - $130 that was built for GT Prologue. It is 10x better then the 360 wheel. G27 would be nice but only if I got a good deal on it . . . and GT5 is released at some point in time.
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Logitech has a cheaper one for around $100 - $130 that was built for GT Prologue. It is 10x better then the 360 wheel. G27 would be nice but only if I got a good deal on it . . . and GT5 is released at some point in time.
    The Logitech Driving Force GT?
    It's 180 in Canada.
    My 360 wheel was 49.99, so it's pretty darn good afterall ;)
  • finally picked up Uncharted 2. Looking forward to playing that with a few rum&cokes...

Also i'm interested in this deadRising2.. is that all about wandering around sandbox style, killing muthafuckizombies???

I dig sandbox cause it works well with drinking and passing out while playing...