PS3 Games

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    My son plays all the time and right now he's into Fallout 3 but that's really the first shooter game he's played. He likes platform games. I believe there is a Ratchet and Clank game and he has two lego based platform games(Star Wars and Indiana Jones.)

You guys who love Fallout should check out the youtube video someone has posted where they have apparently collected nearly every item possible.
    #FHP
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Yes, FIFA 09 is the greatest game ever!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    MLB The Show
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Downloaded the FIFA 10 DEMO... it's awesome! the best sports game on the planet just keeps getting better.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I just bought a ps3 the other day and am pretty pumped. i mainly bought it becos with the price drop, it's not that much pricier than a blu ray player, which is what i really wanted. but i've been reading up on a lot of games, and i think i could ge hooked ;)

i hear BioShock is a pretty good cross between first person shooting and rpg (lots of puzzles and plot), but i've not played it. i also second whoever said Metal Gear Solid. i played that on the original playstation and it was an incredibly addictive and thoughtful game. the only game i have now is dead space, which looks pretty cool. but i've been reading up on a lot of games and am wondering what i must get. some games ive been pondering:

fallout
    kill zone
    bioshock
    resident evil

grand theft auto
    batman arkham asylum
    metal gear
    assassin's creed
    call of duty
    elder scrolls
    mortal kombat vs dc comics

mlb 09: the show
    madden 10

anyone have any thoughts on any of these?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    booomm11 wrote:
    Downloaded the FIFA 10 DEMO... it's awesome! the best sports game on the planet just keeps getting better.

i downloaded this the other day to my 360 and agree. felt really good on the fingers... nice and smooth.

long live FIFA!
  • I just bought a ps3 the other day and am pretty pumped. i mainly bought it becos with the price drop, it's not that much pricier than a blu ray player, which is what i really wanted. but i've been reading up on a lot of games, and i think i could ge hooked ;)

i hear BioShock is a pretty good cross between first person shooting and rpg (lots of puzzles and plot), but i've not played it. i also second whoever said Metal Gear Solid. i played that on the original playstation and it was an incredibly addictive and thoughtful game. the only game i have now is dead space, which looks pretty cool. but i've been reading up on a lot of games and am wondering what i must get. some games ive been pondering:

fallout
    kill zone
    bioshock
    resident evil

grand theft auto
    batman arkham asylum
    metal gear
    assassin's creed
    call of duty
    elder scrolls

madden 10

My brother has Bioshock for the 360 and he really loved the game. Besides, the games price has been cut seeing as how they are bringing out the second next year.

Assassins Creed was fun to play, but the game becomes fairly routine and it's mostly the same stuff over and over again. Like Bioshock though the price has been cut seeing as how they're coming out with a second.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    I just bought a ps3 the other day and am pretty pumped. i mainly bought it becos with the price drop, it's not that much pricier than a blu ray player, which is what i really wanted. but i've been reading up on a lot of games, and i think i could ge hooked ;)

fallout
    kill zone
    bioshock
    resident evil

grand theft auto
    batman arkham asylum
    metal gear
    assassin's creed
    call of duty
    elder scrolls

madden 10

stay away from mk vs dc comics. i bought it and traded it in like 3 weeks later. if you want a good fighting game, check out the new street fighter, it is bonkers.

fallout 3 is amazing, as is batman. these are strictly first player games that you can get HOOKED on for hours, so be careful.

if you want online play, i suggest call of duty. but i would wait for call of duty modern warfare 2 to come out this november. modern warfare 1 is an absolute classic (in terms of online play/community), and warfare 2 is expected to blow 1 out of the water.
    If you like turn bases strategy games I really recommend a game called Valkyria Chronicles. It's basically a game that takes place in an alternate reality and there is a war similar to world war 2. You control a squad and each map has a different objective like destroy this tank or capture this base. During each turn you get to move each member of your squad one at a time and after your done the enemy goes. It's a really good game if you're into that kinda thing.

Have you ever played Shining Force, the old sega genesis game? it sounds like what you just described and i was obsessed with it in junior high... so maybe i need to get this game.

fallout
    kill zone
    bioshock
    resident evil

grand theft auto
    batman arkham asylum
    metal gear
    assassin's creed
    call of duty
    elder scrolls

madden 10

stay away from mk vs dc comics. i bought it and traded it in like 3 weeks later. if you want a good fighting game, check out the new street fighter, it is bonkers.

fallout 3 is amazing, as is batman. these are strictly first player games that you can get HOOKED on for hours, so be careful.

if you want online play, i suggest call of duty. but i would wait for call of duty modern warfare 2 to come out this november. modern warfare 1 is an absolute classic (in terms of online play/community), and warfare 2 is expected to blow 1 out of the water.

Yeah, ive never been that into fighting games, but i have a sentimental attachment to dc comics and mortal kombat. i may pass on that.

i've never played call of duty, so i may give it a shot. though i suck at complicated games and have no interest in doing online play. i never would have been able to beat zelda on nintendo 64 if my brother hadn't told me what i had to do every time i got stuck. im not very good at figuring stuff like that out.
    My brother has Bioshock for the 360 and he really loved the game. Besides, the games price has been cut seeing as how they are bringing out the second next year.

Assassins Creed was fun to play, but the game becomes fairly routine and it's mostly the same stuff over and over again. Like Bioshock though the price has been cut seeing as how they're coming out with a second.

I've heard that about assassin's creed, so maybe i'll let that one go. bioshock sounds fascinating though.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    You should post your PSN name!

I either have or have played a few of the game you mentioned.

-fallout (Good game, HUGE map, but gets old after a while)
    -kill zone (Great FPS. Awesome graphics too)
    -grand theft auto (I got this when it first came out, and while it's very much a GTA game, I got bored with it. Haven't touched it in months)

-batman arkham asylum (My most recent purchase. Very fun game! Even if you aren't a fan of batman, it is really well done)
    -metal gear (Amazing game, a must own IMO if you have a PS3)
    -assassin's creed (Ok at best. Incredibly repetitive! Rent this one because you will be pissed if you buy it)
    -call of duty (Modern Warfare and World at War are tons of fun online! Modern Warfare 2 is out in Nov and looks to be a good one too!)
    -mlb 09: the show (In my opinion the best sports game on the market. If you are a baseball fan, this is also a must own game!)

Some other games you might check out...

Uncharted (the new one is coming out too and got amazing reviews.... http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1026373p1.html )
    Resistance 1-2 (both good games)
    LittleBigPlanet (still one of my favorite games on the ps3)
    mca47 wrote:

What's a psn name?

thanks for the thoughts... a lot of those confirm my leanings already. the only thing holding me back from call of duty is that i dont see myself playing online very much, so i wonder if it's any fun on your own.
  • mca47 wrote:

What's a psn name?

thanks for the thoughts... a lot of those confirm my leanings already. the only thing holding me back from call of duty is that i dont see myself playing online very much, so i wonder if it's any fun on your own.

Why would you buy a PS3 and not get the New Modern Warfare andplay online? I would buy a PS3 or Xbox just TO play this game online. It's going to be epic.

PSN name is your "gamer tag" "screen name" etc. that other players can identify you by and invite you to games via online. For example I could play you right now in MLB the Show or Madden if I knew your PSN name i would invite you.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
    touringfan wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

What's a psn name?

Why would you buy a PS3 and not get the New Modern Warfare andplay online? I would buy a PS3 or Xbox just TO play this game online. It's going to be epic.

PSN name is your "gamer tag" "screen name" etc. that other players can identify you by and invite you to games via online. For example I could play you right now in MLB the Show or Madden if I knew your PSN name i would invite you.

Sadly, the ps3 is not hooked up in my work office... i think they'd frown on that ;)

i bought it to have a blu ray player mainly. they're so expensive the ps3 only adds like $50 asnd you get the gaming too. so i mainly want it to watch movies and occasionally play a few video games. the whole online gaming thing has no real appeal to me. i've never been all that into video games and even when i was i was never very good at them so i suspect playing online would be a bewildering experience. i also swore id never be like my college roommate, with multiple video game systems and headsets and $100s in equipment and expansions and whatever else. i just want to be able to occasionally play a game of football or kill a bunch of bad guys for an hour, hehe.
    touringfan wrote:

What he said ^.

Call of Duty games are ok single player, but they are really designed to be played with others.

Anyways, my PSN name is the same as my message board name "mca47".
    mca47 wrote:
    touringfan wrote:

What he said ^.

Call of Duty games are ok single player, but they are really designed to be played with others.

Anyways, my PSN name is the same as my message board name "mca47".

Well, if I'm not too buzzed to unpack and hook it up after happy hour/dinner tonight, I'll let you know what mine ends up being. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the weekend for me to figure out what the heck I'm doing :)

Well, if I'm not too buzzed to unpack and hook it up after happy hour/dinner tonight, I'll let you know what mine ends up being. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the weekend for me to figure out what the heck I'm doing :)

Hahaha!

Hooray for drunken videogames! :D
    LET'S FIFA 10!
    booomm11 wrote:
    LET'S FIFA 10!

How is it?
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    booomm11 wrote:
    LET'S FIFA 10!
    Is it still soccer? Or is it something worth playing?

J/K -- as much as I dislike soccer, FIFA is really fun with a group of people and a few cases of beer.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    I just got my PS3 slim. Beatles Rock Band fucking rocks!! I'm seriously looking to buy Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves. Anyone got this game?
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Fifa 10 best soccer game ever.

Can't wait to get cod and NBA2k10
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    KevDylan wrote:
    I just got my PS3 slim. Beatles Rock Band fucking rocks!! I'm seriously looking to buy Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves. Anyone got this game?
    Yeah it's awesome (Uncharted 2).
    Still can't believe anyone plays the music games....
    KevDylan wrote:

Not yet, but will pick it up soon.

I do want to go back and play the 1st one again before I dive into the 2nd.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    KevDylan wrote:

I just got a ps3 slim too. I was kinda dissapointed on how cheaply made they are compared to the older ones. But whatever, $300 for a ps3 is great.

right now all I have is MIdnight club LA (which is pissing me off since its basically the hardest racing game ever and I lost my best car in a pink slip race) and GTA4. Luckily Im obsessed with the GTA games and have that to hold me off for basically forever.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Demon's Souls is a very good game. It's gotten a rep for being very hard but as long as you are patient, it isn't so bad. It has a Mega Man quality to it, so be prepared to try levels over and over.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    Demon's Souls is a very good game. It's gotten a rep for being very hard but as long as you are patient, it isn't so bad. It has a Mega Man quality to it, so be prepared to try levels over and over.
    I didn't even know it was out yet, hehe.
    Looks good, but possibly a controller tosser....
    Dragon Age: Origins is looking good too, if you're into RPGs
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,534
    new ratchet & clank game comes out next tuesday.will pick it up after i come back from philly! :)
    got all the ps2 & ps3 games, though haven't yet played clank for the psp.
    i was a little disapointed with the $14.99 download of quest for the booty on the ps3. it was way to short.
    a crack in time though should be sweet!

:)
    mca47 wrote:
    booomm11 wrote:
    LET'S FIFA 10!

How is it?

It's incredilble... so realistic this year. You're in total control of your team. whether it be creating a build up, or stopping one. The defence is much better, and the 1v1 soccer is awesome.

You should rent it.