PS3 Games

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    :shock:
    Wow!

This game is going to be NUTS!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6239328.ht ... es;title;1

Gran Turismo 5 sporting $60 million budget

Polyphony Digital head Kazunori Yamauchi reveals next year's sprawling racing simulator cost three nearly times as much as Killzone 2.

It's no secret that Gran Turismo 5 is one of the most anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusives ever. As it turns out, it's also one of the most expensive. Two years after a Dutch newspaper pegged the budget of Killzone 2 at $21 million, Autoweek has revealed that the expansive racing simulator will cost nearly three times that.

For $60 million, you could buy 40 Lamborghini Reventons.

Speaking to the magazine, Polyphony Digital head Kazunori Yamauchi said the budget for the game is around $60 million. That makes it among the most expensive games ever made--but not the most expensive, according to Yamauchi.

"There are other games that cost more," said the famously perfectionist designer "Considering the size and scale of the game, I think it's probably a fairly small amount."

Yamauchi wasn't shy about telling Autoweek about what Gran Turismo 5's massive budget produced. The game will have nearly 1,000 cars sporting 400,000 polygons each--100 times more polygons than Gran Turismo 4's vehicles had. However, unlike its predecessor, the cars in the game will take actual damage when they crash, and will be fully customizable.

As outlined in GameSpot coverage of Yamauchi's presentation at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show, the game will have 20 locations and 70 variations of tracks to choose from. It is also an official license of several prominent racing organizations, such as NASCAR and the World Rally Championship. The game is due out in March in Japan, with a Western release "probably" happening in early 2010, according to Yamauchi.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    :shock:
    Wow!

This game is going to be NUTS!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6239328.ht ... es;title;1

Gran Turismo 5 sporting $60 million budget

Polyphony Digital head Kazunori Yamauchi reveals next year's sprawling racing simulator cost three nearly times as much as Killzone 2.

It's no secret that Gran Turismo 5 is one of the most anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusives ever. As it turns out, it's also one of the most expensive. Two years after a Dutch newspaper pegged the budget of Killzone 2 at $21 million, Autoweek has revealed that the expansive racing simulator will cost nearly three times that.

For $60 million, you could buy 40 Lamborghini Reventons.

Speaking to the magazine, Polyphony Digital head Kazunori Yamauchi said the budget for the game is around $60 million. That makes it among the most expensive games ever made--but not the most expensive, according to Yamauchi.

"There are other games that cost more," said the famously perfectionist designer "Considering the size and scale of the game, I think it's probably a fairly small amount."

Yamauchi wasn't shy about telling Autoweek about what Gran Turismo 5's massive budget produced. The game will have nearly 1,000 cars sporting 400,000 polygons each--100 times more polygons than Gran Turismo 4's vehicles had. However, unlike its predecessor, the cars in the game will take actual damage when they crash, and will be fully customizable.

As outlined in GameSpot coverage of Yamauchi's presentation at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show, the game will have 20 locations and 70 variations of tracks to choose from. It is also an official license of several prominent racing organizations, such as NASCAR and the World Rally Championship. The game is due out in March in Japan, with a Western release "probably" happening in early 2010, according to Yamauchi.
    And it would have been out long ago if the morons would stop making cafes and car dashboards and finish the damn game already.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Any recommendations for christmas pressies for my son, he'll be turning 13. He loves COD5.

Used to love playing on the PS2 with him, obviously not cool to play games with your mum now. :(
    Rygar wrote:
    And it would have been out long ago if the morons would stop making cafes and car dashboards and finish the damn game already.

Yeah, while I wish I could have gotten it a year ago, I'm thinking that when it does come out it's going to be amazing!
  • Claireack wrote:
    Any recommendations for christmas pressies for my son, he'll be turning 13. He loves COD5.

Used to love playing on the PS2 with him, obviously not cool to play games with your mum now. :(

Well the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 comes out next week and is poised to be the biggest (and possibly best) game of the year if he enjoys shooters (which it sounds like he does).
    Claireack wrote:

Well the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 comes out next week and is poised to be the biggest (and possibly best) game of the year if he enjoys shooters (which it sounds like he does).

Shit, I gotta go pre-order that!

Yes, he's already got it on preorder, just got confirmation today that it's on the way. Also ordered him Fallout 3 for him from Ebay today, it was on as a daily deal for £9.99 + free postage. Looked at the reviews on Play & Amazon which were mixed but overall positive.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    you guys are from England... does he enjoy football? Cause FIFA is an amazing game.

Modern Warfare 2 comes out in two days!

Who's startin a PJ clan?
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    It's funny he's never really been into football games, he's more of a rugby boy anyway.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Yeah, while I wish I could have gotten it a year ago, I'm thinking that when it does come out it's going to be amazing!
    It's going to be sweet.
    Good thing too, cause FM3 raised the bar again.
  • who is vedder266 on Battlefield 1943? i got you good a few nights ago!
    I miss you hippiemom.
    who is vedder266 on Battlefield 1943? i got you good a few nights ago!

I've seen a ton of PJ-related screennames, none of which are on here.

I was playing with a PJVed10 (or something once) and I asked him if he posted on the message boards and he acted like I was crazy! :lol:
  • mca47 wrote:
    who is vedder266 on Battlefield 1943? i got you good a few nights ago!

I've seen a ton of PJ-related screennames, none of which are on here.

I was playing with a PJVed10 (or something once) and I asked him if he posted on the message boards and he acted like I was crazy! :lol:
    :D
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    Demon's Souls is a very good game. It's gotten a rep for being very hard but as long as you are patient, it isn't so bad. It has a Mega Man quality to it, so be prepared to try levels over and over.
    I didn't even know it was out yet, hehe.
    Looks good, but possibly a controller tosser....
    Dragon Age: Origins is looking good too, if you're into RPGs

my friend has been raving about dragon age and that's right up my alley, so i may buy it today onsale at best buy. has anyone played it?

i kinda bailed on bio shock... i don't think the fps thing is for me. i just can never seem to get anywhere doing them and i lose interest so fast.

uncharted 2 is the best thing that's ever happened to me though. i haven't had this much fun playing a video game since high school probably.
    uncharted 2 is the best thing that's ever happened to me though. i haven't had this much fun playing a video game since high school probably.

Any good for a 12 nearly 13 year old? Heard a review on the radio today and the guy said it was his favourite game of the year. Might get it for a chrissie pressie for him.
    Still haven't played Uncharted 2 yet.

Everyone I know that has says it's truly one of the best games they've ever played.
  • Claireack wrote:

Any good for a 12 nearly 13 year old? Heard a review on the radio today and the guy said it was his favourite game of the year. Might get it for a chrissie pressie for him.

I don't remember any f-bombs, but there is some bad language and the usual violence that is obviously associated with this type of game. Nothing ridiculous or overly gruesome though.

mca47 wrote:

Everyone I know that has says it's truly one of the best games they've ever played.

As a 33 year-old that has literally played every "big" game of the last three generations of consoles, I cannot rave about this game enough.
  • mca47 wrote:

Yeah it is, at least on the PS3. Uncharted 2 is like the most awesome action movie I've ever seen.
    That's great, it's now on the list of pressies.
    Claireack wrote:

i can't imagine any 13 year old not loving this game.
  • I just finished uncharted 1, and it was awesome. Unfortunately you could finish that game on your lunchbreak. It's too damn short. Is Uncharted 2 as short as part1?? I dont want to waste money on a game that short. Of course I could just rent it I guess.

I think i will just rent from now on anyways. I got Fallout 3 for $35 because i heard it was a long game, and I think it sucks donkey balls. what a mistake!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I just finished uncharted 1, and it was awesome. Unfortunately you could finish that game on your lunchbreak. It's too damn short. Is Uncharted 2 as short as part1?? I dont want to waste money on a game that short. Of course I could just rent it I guess.

I think i will just rent from now on anyways. I got Fallout 3 for $35 because i heard it was a long game, and I think it sucks donkey balls. what a mistake!

I've been playing it for over a week now and I don't think I'm halfway. But I'm terrible at video games, it takes me forever to figure out the simplest things and I only play in short hour-long bursts usually. So I don't know how representative my xp is.

Play Dragon Age... I hear it goes on forever. Or Demon's Souls.
  • I just finished uncharted 1, and it was awesome. Unfortunately you could finish that game on your lunchbreak. It's too damn short. Is Uncharted 2 as short as part1?? I dont want to waste money on a game that short. Of course I could just rent it I guess.

I've been playing it for over a week now and I don't think I'm halfway. But I'm terrible at video games, it takes me forever to figure out the simplest things and I only play in short hour-long bursts usually. So I don't know how representative my xp is.

Play Dragon Age... I hear it goes on forever. Or Demon's Souls.

cool, thanks Soulsinging. I will check those out too (on rental, of course!)
    I'm pretty much the same way -- i usually play slow and minimally, but I had a few days off last week and it was raining, so I got through uncharted quickly.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • My PS3 gets deliverd tomorrow with Batman, Uncharted 2, and Dragon Age among a few others, going to be a long weekend for me.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    My PS3 gets deliverd tomorrow with Batman, Uncharted 2, and Dragon Age among a few others, going to be a long weekend for me.

i'm still kicking myself for not buying batman at target when it was onsale this weekend...

It took me around 12-13 hours to beat Uncharted 2 on normal difficulty, so I thought it was plenty long for the type of non-stop action it throws at you. But I too take my time with games and move a little slower than some, so take that for what it's worth.
    I just finished uncharted 1, and it was awesome. Unfortunately you could finish that game on your lunchbreak. It's too damn short. Is Uncharted 2 as short as part1?? I dont want to waste money on a game that short. Of course I could just rent it I guess.

It took me around 12-13 hours to beat Uncharted 2 on normal difficulty, so I thought it was plenty long for the type of non-stop action it throws at you. But I too take my time with games and move a little slower than some, so take that for what it's worth.

i play everything on super easy :D

we should do a game swap on here for people that are done with games. i've given up on bio shock ;)

i need to play the first uncharted, but im afraid it will be a disappointment after how good the second is.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    MLB 09 The Show - or MLB 10 The Show....when it comes out. And Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. That's all you'll ever need.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    When I'm not playing Modern Warfare 2, I'm playing Uncharted 2. Both great games, even if I do get my ass handed to me online in Modern Warfare 2. The campaign for Modern Warfare 2 is very short, I may need to go through it again at a higher level, I need practice to up against some of these guys online.

Just when you think you are just about done with Uncharted 2 another twist pops up and you have another adventure, I have yet to finish it but I think I am close.... I think I am. I am curious how the multiplayer part of the game works, none of my friends have gotten the game yet.

I'm curious about the new game Heavy Rain will turn out, I saw it listed on Amazon as coming soon and looked into it. It looks like a pretty cool RPG crime solving game. There is no solid release date on it yet, but it sounds like it is a highly anticipated release.

I'm just now getting back to using my PS3 for gaming now that my friends have finally got on board. An older game that was fun was The Darkness. It is a Sci-Fi Mafia RPG that was fun, but more for the older crowd.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    I got Fallout 3 for $35 because i heard it was a long game, and I think it sucks donkey balls. what a mistake!

:o:o

fallout 3 can easily be the game of the decade.