2. No Code
    3. Vs
    4. Yield
    5. Ten
    6. Avocado
    7. Binaural
    8. Riot Act
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • 1. Yield - This is the album that converted my wife and it came out my freshman year in college. It gets spun the most in our house.
    2. Ten - I was 14. It literally changed the entire direction of my life from then on.
    3. Avocado - Really didn't like it from 2006 - early 2007. I'm not sure what has changed, but I love it now. Inside Job is incredible.
    4. Vs. - Likely the first record I bought the day it came out. Every time I play it, I can remember that autumn vividly. My parents got divorced and Indifference kept me sane.
    5. Vitalogy - Came out the same day as Beatles Anthology. My dad let me skip school to go to the midnight release with him at a local record store. I had heard many of the tracks via bootlegs before the album but that didn't stop me from playing it a million or so times.
    6. No Code - Turned me off when I first heard it. Never really completely got over how disappointing this record was to me at the time.
    7. Riot Act - I only started to like it very recently.
    8. Binaural - Still probably gets played more than 80% of my other music and its 8th.
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    No Code
    Yield
    Vitalogy
    Vs
    Binaural
    Avocado
    RA
    Ten
  • Ten
    Binaural
    Vs
    Yield
    No Code
    Vitalogy
    Pearl Jam
    Riot Act
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• it changes from time to time but for the most part:
    Yield
    No Code
    Vs.
    binaural
    pearl jam
    riot act
    ten
    vitalogy
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    BINAURAL (pure gold to my ears)
    TEN
    VS, VITALOGY
    NO CODE
    RIOT ACT
    YIELD

AVOCADO

Well, I separated Avocado from the others, because I think their first 7 studio albums are great, each one in different ways.. But avocado.. I just say that if this was their first or only album i would have a different opinion of it, but instead it's their latest release, and sincerely I believe they can do a lot better than this..
    Best album in ten years? Ah, ah..
    marker in the sand and the last three songs are very good, though.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Yield will always be the pinnacle PJ album for me.

the next two alternate places a lot and right now VS has a slight edge.
    VS.
    No Code

Vitalogy
    Ten

these three albums will always be the bottom three, with Riot Act being the worst at most times.
    Binaural
    Pearl Jam
    Riot Act
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • zonapjzonapj Posts: 52
    1)Ten
    2)Vs
    3)Pearl Jam
    4)Yield
    5)Vitalogy
    6)Riot Act
    7)No Code
    8)Binuaral

Best Tracks - IMO
    Ten- Alive, Even Flow, Black, Porch, Garden, Once and Jeremy
    Vs.- Small Town, Leash, Go, Daughter, RVM, Blood and indefference
    Pearl Jam- Inside Job, Marker, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Comatose and Unemployable
    Yield- Evolution, Low Light, Given to Fly, Pilate, Faithfull and MFC
    Vitalogy- Immortality, Better Man, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You and Last Exit
    No Code- Red Mosquito,Present Tense, Lukin, In My Tree, Smile and hail,hail
    Riot Act- LBC, Cropduster, You Are, Ghost, I Am Mine and Green Disease
    Binuaral- Evacuation, God's Dice, Of The Girl, Rival, Slieght of Hand

Best of the Rest - Down, Sad, Otherside, Fatal, Education and In the Moonlight

I hope it doesn't sound like i'm nitpicking here

Binuaral- should have been a double album
    Riot Act[ has the worst vocals(mix) of any PJ album ARC is the only hightlight- imo
    VS.- has best Vocals
    Ten- has best guitar work
    Pearl Jam- is best produced album
    Vitalogy - Should have included Hard to Imagine, Lukin and maybe Brain of J and dropped Stupid Mop
    No Code- Needed to have gap between songs
    Yield- I think Leatherman and You would have been perfect on this album, but i understand why they were left off

TY
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Its too hard to rank them.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    zonapj wrote:
    1)Ten
    2)Vs
    3)Pearl Jam
    4)Yield
    5)Vitalogy
    6)Riot Act
    7)No Code
    8)Binuaral

Best Tracks - IMO
    Ten- Alive, Even Flow, Black, Porch, Garden, Once and Jeremy
    Vs.- Small Town, Leash, Go, Daughter, RVM, Blood and indefference
    Pearl Jam- Inside Job, Marker, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Comatose and Unemployable
    Yield- Evolution, Low Light, Given to Fly, Pilate, Faithfull and MFC
    Vitalogy- Immortality, Better Man, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Not for You and Last Exit
    No Code- Red Mosquito,Present Tense, Lukin, In My Tree, Smile and hail,hail
    Riot Act- LBC, Cropduster, You Are, Ghost, I Am Mine and Green Disease
    Binuaral- Evacuation, God's Dice, Of The Girl, Rival, Slieght of Hand

Best of the Rest - Down, Sad, Otherside, Fatal, Education and In the Moonlight

I hope it doesn't sound like i'm nitpicking here

Binuaral- should have been a double album
    Riot Act[ has the worst vocals(mix) of any PJ album ARC is the only hightlight- imo
    VS.- has best Vocals
    Ten- has best guitar work
    Pearl Jam- is best produced album
    Vitalogy - Should have included Hard to Imagine, Lukin and maybe Brain of J and dropped Stupid Mop
    No Code- Needed to have gap between songs
    Yield- I think Leatherman and You would have been perfect on this album, but i understand why they were left off

TY
    Pearl Jam= the best production?! "gasp" I think it's by far the worse
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • 1) Yield
    2) No Code
    3) Vitalogy
    4) Binaural
    5) Vs
    6) Ten
    7) Riot Act
    8) Pearl Jam
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    PHATJ wrote:
    I think we should do it again. Let's rank the PJ studio albums (from first to worst) in each of our own humble opinions. Let the bickering begin. Again.

This list changes with the seasons for me. There are really no constants other then Riot Act and Binaural are always at the bottom. At one time or another, I think every other album may have topped this list. So here goes...

1. Ten ~Every song is a classic. Release is my personal all time favorite song. This album truly changed my life. I can't honestly say that about any other PJ record. Also in anticipation of the "deluxe/remastered" edition that is about to be released, this album gets the top spot.

2. Vs. ~Nearly as influential on me personally as TEN and probably has topped my personal list more often then any other PJ album. I LOVE this album. Seriously LOVE it. Leash, Glorified G, Rats. Just so damn good. Every song. A very real rock Masterpiece.

3. NO CODE ~I remember being in my parent's basement with the lights out, and only a couple candles burning, laying in front of my stereo speakers, for hours and hours, as a 16 year old, and just letting this album ooze into my soul. (that was way too many commas). It has really felt like it has been a part of me since. Present Tense, In My Tree and Red Mosquito are brilliant songs. The only song that I don't think works is Habit, but I can forgive one song.

4. YIELD ~I skipped school to be in line at my local record store during my senior year of High School the day this album came out. It was an instant great. Lots of awesome rockers and some cool mellow songs too (like every PJ album I guess). Could easily sit at the top of this list at any time for me.

5. PEARL JAM (Avocado) ~I really enjoy this album. There are a couple songs (Big Wave, World Wide Suicide and Comatose) that I could really do without. That being said, I love the "feel" of the album. It isn't over worked. It almost feels like a live CD to me, and I love that.

6. VITALOGY ~A really great record. PJ's first venture into a "concept" album. Beautifully designed (including the album artwork. PJ's best art design in my opinion.). Some fantastic songs. Some all time classics. But there were also some big misses. Whipping, Pry,to, and especially Stupid Mop (I know that this is/can basically be considered a throw away track and really isn't a song at all, but Pearl Jam put it on the album and must be penalized for such a ridiculous decision). Immortality should have been the perfect closer.

7. BINAURAL ~This is a decent album. It is incredibly well recorded and that is the biggest reason it isn't last on my list (that, and the fact that I absolutely love "Sleight of Hand"). The biggest problem with Binaural isn't the songs that are actually on the album, it's the songs PJ inexplicably left off the album (Sad, Fatal, Hitchhiker, In the Moonlight and Education; to name some). This could have (and should have) been a truly monumental release, but with so many omissions, I can't place it any higher on my list.

8. RIOT ACT ~There are several songs that I like quite a bit on this CD. "I Am Mine", "Can't Keep", and "You Are", to name my favorites. But there are way too many forgettable tracks and an over all inconsistent vibe to this whole album. I would review it favorably in comparison to releases by many of the bands that put out albums during this time period, but when comparing Riot Act to other PJ albums, it absolutely falls far short.

Well, I hope you all enjoy this exercise of reviewing your own opinions of the Pearl Jam catalog. I hope my review didn't bore you to death. I am excited to see what you all have to say...

Swap no code and yield and you and me are thinking on the same lines
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    1. Vitalogy - I still get more out of this than any other PJ album
    2. Yield
    3. No code
    4. Pearl Jam
    5. Ten
    6. Binaural
    7. Riot Act
    8. Vs - I think every other PJ album kicks Vs ass (Indifference and Animal aside)

Of course this varies depending on my mood (and the new album will be my favourite for a while!) but 1 and 8 will pretty much always be Vitalogy and Vs.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    PHATJ wrote:
    8. RIOT ACT

Excellent work.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • PHATJPHATJ Posts: 348
    pdalowsky wrote:
    PHATJ wrote:
    I think we should do it again. Let's rank the PJ studio albums (from first to worst) in each of our own humble opinions. Let the bickering begin. Again.

This list changes with the seasons for me. There are really no constants other then Riot Act and Binaural are always at the bottom. At one time or another, I think every other album may have topped this list. So here goes...

1. Ten ~Every song is a classic. Release is my personal all time favorite song. This album truly changed my life. I can't honestly say that about any other PJ record. Also in anticipation of the "deluxe/remastered" edition that is about to be released, this album gets the top spot.

2. Vs. ~Nearly as influential on me personally as TEN and probably has topped my personal list more often then any other PJ album. I LOVE this album. Seriously LOVE it. Leash, Glorified G, Rats. Just so damn good. Every song. A very real rock Masterpiece.

3. NO CODE ~I remember being in my parent's basement with the lights out, and only a couple candles burning, laying in front of my stereo speakers, for hours and hours, as a 16 year old, and just letting this album ooze into my soul. (that was way too many commas). It has really felt like it has been a part of me since. Present Tense, In My Tree and Red Mosquito are brilliant songs. The only song that I don't think works is Habit, but I can forgive one song.

4. YIELD ~I skipped school to be in line at my local record store during my senior year of High School the day this album came out. It was an instant great. Lots of awesome rockers and some cool mellow songs too (like every PJ album I guess). Could easily sit at the top of this list at any time for me.

5. PEARL JAM (Avocado) ~I really enjoy this album. There are a couple songs (Big Wave, World Wide Suicide and Comatose) that I could really do without. That being said, I love the "feel" of the album. It isn't over worked. It almost feels like a live CD to me, and I love that.

6. VITALOGY ~A really great record. PJ's first venture into a "concept" album. Beautifully designed (including the album artwork. PJ's best art design in my opinion.). Some fantastic songs. Some all time classics. But there were also some big misses. Whipping, Pry,to, and especially Stupid Mop (I know that this is/can basically be considered a throw away track and really isn't a song at all, but Pearl Jam put it on the album and must be penalized for such a ridiculous decision). Immortality should have been the perfect closer.

7. BINAURAL ~This is a decent album. It is incredibly well recorded and that is the biggest reason it isn't last on my list (that, and the fact that I absolutely love "Sleight of Hand"). The biggest problem with Binaural isn't the songs that are actually on the album, it's the songs PJ inexplicably left off the album (Sad, Fatal, Hitchhiker, In the Moonlight and Education; to name some). This could have (and should have) been a truly monumental release, but with so many omissions, I can't place it any higher on my list.

8. RIOT ACT ~There are several songs that I like quite a bit on this CD. "I Am Mine", "Can't Keep", and "You Are", to name my favorites. But there are way too many forgettable tracks and an over all inconsistent vibe to this whole album. I would review it favorably in comparison to releases by many of the bands that put out albums during this time period, but when comparing Riot Act to other PJ albums, it absolutely falls far short.

Well, I hope you all enjoy this exercise of reviewing your own opinions of the Pearl Jam catalog. I hope my review didn't bore you to death. I am excited to see what you all have to say...

Swap no code and yield and you and me are thinking on the same lines

Sweet. I originally had Yield ahead of No Code but had to swap the two. It was a damn close call though!
    "I'll Ride the wave where it takes me. I'll Hold the pain. RELEASE ME!"

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Vs.
    Ten
    Yield
    No Code
    Vitalogy
    Binaural
    Riot Act
    Avocado

Vs will always be my favorite record. Can't wait to see the re-release on that one.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I like the top 3 songs per album so I am gonna add those too. 6 for Lost Dogs since it is double disc

Ten- Alive, Black, Garden
    Vs.- Indifference, Rearviewmirror, Go
    Vitalogy Immortality, Not For You, Corduroy
    No Code- Smile, In My Tree, Red Mosquito
    Yield- Low Light, No Way, Given to Fly
    Binaural - Light Years, Insignificance, Soon Forget
    Riot Act - All Or None, Thumbing My Way, 1/2 Full
    Lost Dogs- Alone, Wash, Hard to Imagine, Footsteps, Sad, Hold On
    Pearl Jam - Marker in the Sand, Army Reserve, Inside Job
    32 shows and counting...
  • PHATJPHATJ Posts: 348
    I like the top three songs per album idea. I'm in on that too.

TEN~ Release, Black, Why Go
    VS.~ Glorified G, Leash, Animal
    VITALOGY~ Not For You, Tremor Christ, Corduroy
    NO CODE~ In My Tree, Red Mosquito, Present Tense
    YIELD~ Faithfull, No Way, In Hiding
    BINAURAL~ Sleight of Hand, Of the Girl, Breakerfall
    RIOT ACT~ You Are, I AM Mine, Love Boat Captain
    PEARL JAM~ Army Reserve, Come Back, Marker in the Sand
    LOST DOGS~ Hard to Imagine, Sad, Down, Hold On, Footsteps, Wash
    "I'll Ride the wave where it takes me. I'll Hold the pain. RELEASE ME!"

• no code
    yield
    vitalogy
    vs
    ten
    pj
    binaural
    riot act

just my opinion!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    edited February 2009
    Favorite albums and fav songs from each one:

Yield - No Way, Given to Fly, In Hiding
    No Code - In My Tree, Off He Goes, Present Tense
    Vitalogy - Last Exit, Satan's Bed, Immortality
    Ten - Alive, Porch, Release
    Binaural - Light Years, Grievance, Of the GIrl
    VS - RVM, Small Town, Indifference
    Lost Dogs
    Riot Act - Save You, You Are, All or None
    Pearl Jam - Army Reserve, Come Back, Inside Job
    Post edited by Better Dan on
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • yoyoyoyo France Posts: 316
    No Code 20/20
    masterpiece present tense (top3), who you are, off he goes, smile, in my tree
    Vitalogy 20/20
    masterpiece corduroy (top3), immortality, tremor christ, spin the black circle, not for you
    Vs 20/20
    masterpiece rearviewmirror, go, indifference, rats, blood
    Into the Wild 20/20
    masterpiece Hard Sun, Long Night, No ceiling, Setting forth, Guaranteed
    Ten 18/20
    masterpiece Black (top3), oceans, release, even flow, jeremy
    Binaural 17/20
    masterpiece nothing as it seems, light years, of the girl, sleight of hand, Insignificance
    Yield 16/20
    masterpiece No way, given to fly, do the evolution, brain of J, Wishlist
    Lost Dogs 16/20
    masterpiece sad, strangest tribe, wash, fatal, hard to imagine
    Avocado 15/20
    Inside job, worldwide suicide, army reserve, unemployable, marker in the sand
    Riot Act 12/20
    you are, can't keep, all or none, bushleaguer, and stop, others are good bsides !
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • 1. Vs
    2. Yield
    3. No Code
    4. New record (hope it ranks ATLEAST this high)
    5. Riot Act
    6. Avocado
    7. Ten
    8. Binaural
    9. Vitalogy
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    Other than Riot Act, they're all shit!! :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    1. Binaural
    2. No Code
    3. Riot Act
    4. Vitology
    5. Yield
    6. VS
    7. Ten
    8. Avocado
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    All I know is that I like Riot Act the least by a large amount.
    The other seven are all great in my book.
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    I'm a little miffed by a few things that I have noticed in these posts since my initial post on the first page...

That Riot Act is so universally panned by everyone. Even more so than Binarual. I liked Riot Act quiet a bit.

That "Pearl Jam" or "Avocado" ranks so high for a majority of people. My least favorite album.

There is two major camps - the "Yield is the best album camp" and the "No Code is the best album camp" I am in neither of those camps as neither of those albums are in my top 3.

Also I am glad that my top songs from each album thing caught on - I like seeing what people's favorite jams are from each cd.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • The incredible truth for me, is that I can make arguments for almost every album to by my favourite (except Riot Act and Pearl Jam).

1. No Code - As soon as Sometimes starts playing, I'm absolutely hooked.
    Fave 3 - Sometimes, Smile, Red Mosquito

2. Yield - Just a beautiful, complex, fulfilling sounding all-around record.
    Fave 3 - In Hiding, Given to Fly, Faithful

3. Binaural - This is the album that got me hooked. Beakerfall and Parting Ways are as good openers and closers as you are going to get.
    Fave 3 - Breakerfall, Nothing as it Seems, Light Years

4. Vs. - Enough Said. I love every song on this album. How it is ranked 4th goes to show how damn good these guys really are.
    Fave 3 - Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, W.M.A.

5. Ten - About time eh? I rank it 5th, but its a number 1 album in all of our hearts.
    Fave 3 - Black, Alive, Porch

6. Vitalogy - Beautiful, compelling, its a masterpiece from start to finish.
    Fave 3 - Corduroy, Betterman, Immortality

7. Pearl Jam - Shows that PJ are still world class. I love the flow of the record, and capping it with Come Back/Inside Job is brilliant.
    Fave 3 - Marker, Inside Job, Severed Hand

8. Riot Act - Has some of my favourite tracks (Can't Keep, Save You, LBC, All or None). Just two many (by PJ standards) mediocre songs. Obviously still love it, and it is just as listened to as the other albums.

And my absolute favourite part of this whole discussion: Hard to Imagine, Footsteps, I got Shit, Long Road, Breath...
  • The incredible truth for me, is that I can make arguments for almost every album to by my favourite (except Riot Act and Pearl Jam).

4. Vs. - Enough Said. I love every song on this album. How it is ranked 4th goes to show how damn good these guys really are.
    Fave 3 - Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, W.M.A.

Vs... WMA, Blood, and RVM back to back to back = sickness! I rank Riot act higher than others for 'unknown' reason I guess??? Great record and it doesn't hurt that Save You is my favorite song...
  • 1. Vitalogy
    2. Vs.
    3. Ten
    4. No Code
    5. Yield
    6. Binaural
    7. Avocado
    8. Riot Act
  • mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    This is a tough one...

I am rating these as entire albums from beginning to end, not for individual songs. The top 4 (+ maybe the next 2) are interchangeable at any point time.

These rankings are subject to change very often, but, as of today, this is my complete album listening preference:

The Top 3:

1. Riot Act - so very underrated. I still don't understand all the hate. The lyrics on this album are wonderful. I think all the haters really need to cut this album some slack and listen to it from beginning to end. The flow of songs on this album is second to none. I just love the subdued tension of Can't Keep into the full blown angst of Save You into the remorse/hope of LBC. Beautiful!!! Listening to Bu$hleaguer right now!!

2. Binaural - finally getting some of the love it deserves. Best enjoyed on vinyl!!!! Their musical direction seems to have changed with this album. And I think it's wonderful! I really didn't like this album (at all) when it first came out. The 2000 boots really changed my perception of Binaural. Binaural appreciation is what changed me from a casual PJ fan to an obsessed PF fanatic. Of the Girl is unbelievable. I would love to hear the boys open with this (or Can't Keep) more often. An extended jam in Of the Girl would be the greatest thing ever!

3. No Code - was my favorite up until the last year or 2. Nothing wrong with this album either. I think I listened to this one a bit too much, so Riot Act and Binaural were able to move past it (for now)

The next 3 albums as a whole have not aged as well for me. Obviously the hits and classics are there. To me, Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy sound more like a greatest hits package than a complete album from beginning to end these days.

4. Ten - A classic! Unfortunately, it sounds like a veritable greatest hits package. I guess hearing all the songs sooooooooooooo many times over the years has maybe weakened it in my ears. Can't wait to hear the new version!!!

5. Vs. - I love everything on this one, but, again, I get the idea that I am listening to a greatest hits CD more than a complete album. So I guess this slides down this far because of the lack of "album flow".

6. Vitalogy - I love sooooo many songs on this one, but it definitely falls flat as an album because of a few crappy tracks.

Bottom 2

7. Yield - It actually was my favorite album when it first came out - even ahead of No Code. Then I got tired of it - the only PJ album I can say that about. I think it will go back up the list in time. I found myself listening to it the other night and enjoying it. It looks like Yield and I just needed some time apart. We'll start out as just friends and see where it goes from there. That just shows how amazing of a band Pearl Jam is when I can list Yield as next to last and still say it is a hands down great album!

8. Self Titled - while the rest of their albums are great, I think this one is merely good. I'm still waiting for this album to evoke some kind of emotion in me. The style of the fast songs almost has a forced feel to me. Plus, I've never really felt any kind of flow from song to song. There aren't really any bad songs on it, so maybe it just needs a few more years of aging to enhance it's flavor so to speak???

I am really looking forward to the next album!!!
    Glorified version of a pelican