Introducing your 2009 Chicago Cubs!!!!!

Comments

• mca47 wrote:
    Kevin Gregg is a piece of shit.
    Send your kids to bed. R-rated below!

FUCK!!!!!

God damnit! You're right Speedy! What a fucking piece of shit! I've said the exact same shit all f'n year! "Kevin Gregg sucks ass and should not be playing baseball, let alone closing for a big league team".

FUCK!

I'd take anyone in the Cubs pen in the 9th (other than piece of shit/can't throw a f'n strike Marmol) over Gregg! Shit...I'd even take a position player coming in and closing over that asshole!
    I'm sure Theriot can throw a few strikes...right? :lol:

FUCK!

I think Guzman might get a chance...

I was punching the bed so fuckn hard, it was a game that had to be won - my poor pillow heard words that dont even make sense
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    mca47 wrote:
    Kevin Gregg is a piece of shit.
    Send your kids to bed. R-rated below!

FUCK!!!!!

God damnit! You're right Speedy! What a fucking piece of shit! I've said the exact same shit all f'n year! "Kevin Gregg sucks ass and should not be playing baseball, let alone closing for a big league team".

FUCK!

I'd take anyone in the Cubs pen in the 9th (other than piece of shit/can't throw a f'n strike Marmol) over Gregg! Shit...I'd even take a position player coming in and closing over that asshole!
    I'm sure Theriot can throw a few strikes...right? :lol:

FUCK!

I think Guzman might get a chance...

I was punching the bed so fuckn hard, it was a game that had to be won - my poor pillow heard words that dont even make sense

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Way to not only make a closer change too late Lou, but also not chosing the correct guy. Yes Gregg sucked ass and it's good he's been removed from this role, the next step would be the team, but why the fuck would you give Marmol the job? He hasn't been able to throw a strike to save his life. The job should have went to Guzman, he's our best option. Way to fuck up another thing. The life of being a Cubs fan.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Marmol is the closer. :shock:

Too bad we are sucking ass once again against the Padres.

I kinda wish the Cubs would just start losing consistently so I didn't have to put up with this shit anymore....
  • mca47 wrote:

I kinda wish the Cubs would just start losing consistently so I didn't have to put up with this shit anymore....

This Cub bullpen reminds me of the ignitors the Mets were trotting out last year down the stretch..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    I am back from my visit to Milwaukee and Chicago. Wrigley Field was awesome. The Cubs beat the crap out of the Pirates 17-2. The Pirates play a very similar game to my beloved, downtrodden Royals.

Wrigley was bustin' with busy Cubs fans. Turns out that the game was the highest attended game so far this season, as of August 14. Took the Red Line south from Howard Station in the North because of the parking garage there. Stepped off at Addison into the crowd and enjoyed every moment.

I really dug the old time scoreboard. And there were no replays. No rap music to introduce the player who is up to bat. Just the ol' ball park organ music. Just the basics, thank you very much!

I wish Ed coulda been there to sing Take Me Out To The Ballgame!!

Go Cubs!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • mca47 wrote:

Marmol might not be the man but why not find out now? The season is done and Piece Of Shit is out of contract so might as well see if has the gonads for the job?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball ... 19.article
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:

seems to me they have been pretty consistent over the last 100 y ears or so. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Can someone explain to me how the fuck Soriano does not understand how opposing teams are going to pitch him? Does this stupid fuck not know English and how to read a scouting report? He continually swings at every first pitch, get's in more 0-2 counts than anyone in baseball and never, ever lays off a pitch that is low and away. It so obvious it's coming and why any pitcher would throw anything else is beyond me. Again he strikes out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded. Dammit for fucks sakes, learn how to make some mother fucking adjustments. Sadly we are stuck with this mother fucker for 5 more fucking years. I wish he could just get his worthless ass ran out of town. Sad thing is I didn't even mention his fielding. Enough is fucking enough.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    Can someone explain to me how the fuck Soriano does not understand how opposing teams are going to pitch him? Does this stupid fuck not know English and how to read a scouting report? He continually swings at every first pitch, get's in more 0-2 counts than anyone in baseball and never, ever lays off a pitch that is low and away. It so obvious it's coming and why any pitcher would throw anything else is beyond me. Again he strikes out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded. Dammit for fucks sakes, learn how to make some mother fucking adjustments. Sadly we are stuck with this mother fucker for 5 more fucking years. I wish he could just get his worthless ass ran out of town. Sad thing is I didn't even mention his fielding. Enough is fucking enough.

He's the worst!

F!
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    mca47 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

He's the worst!

F!

mca has officially dropped the Cubs avatar

mca has officially dropped the Cubs avatar

:lol:

Yeah...

Stupid Cubs!

Anyways, what do you want to bet the Cubs get swept by the Dodgers...
    Ugh!
  • This team is thinking about Winter Vacation.....

THEY ARE FUCKING DONE!!!!!

These fuckers are going to finish 15 games out when it is all said and done.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    Uh, why donchyall switch on over and cheer for the white sox. therein chicago. and only 3.5 games behind.

:twisted:
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Soriano couldn't hit water if he fell out of a fucking boat and can we please get Kerry Wood back now!!!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    can we please get Kerry Wood back now!!!!!

Don't you need a lead before you need a closer? :shock: :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Gregg is stopping over monday to feed my goats
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    F'n BUMS!

Down 5-1 against the f'n NATIONALS!?!?!?!
  • mca47 wrote:
    F'n BUMS!

fuckn now 12-4...

at least eddie will sing
    mca47 wrote:
    F'n BUMS!

fuckn now 12-4...

at least eddie will sing

Ugh!

Yeah, I wonder if anyone is left to actually sing to?!?!

BUMS!
  • mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    F'n BUMS!

fuckn now 12-4...

at least eddie will sing

Ugh!

Yeah, I wonder if anyone is left to actually sing to?!?!

BUMS!

15-5 in the 9th to WASHINGTON WTF!!!!
    Only reason I tuned in tonight was for Eddie. Was nice to see him in the booth. Was a good interview with Ron and Pat (radio) and then was also great when he wrote down that little tune on Len's scorecard. Also though it was interesting (in a good way) he didn't want to talk or promote the album, he wanted to talk Cubs. Pretty cool that Beckert and Hundley were at Sunday's show. I guess Sean Marshall was at Mondays.
  • So what do the Cubs do with Bradley???

Just fucking release him at the end of the season??? Eat that $20million and just let his dumb ass go???

There is no fucking way they are going to let that cancer put on a Cubs uniform next year.

The shit that has been coming out of his mouth the last 2 days is priceless.

Just fucking release him at the end of the season??? Eat that $20million and just let his dumb ass go???

There is no fucking way they are going to let that cancer put on a Cubs uniform next year.

He did have a nice ground out to end the game. :mrgreen:
    NERDS!

He is playing the race card....
    He is calling out the fans....
    He is blaming everyone on the planet ...except himself....

The fans are booing him....beyond belief...
    The sportcasters, writers, and radio hosts....are fucking ripping him apart....

There is NO WAY he can play ball in Chicago next year...
    So what do the Cubs do with Bradley???

Just proves how fucking stupid he is. Cubs fans aren't racist, we love D Lee, Ernie, Billy. We just hate you most importantly cause your an arrogant prick, and secondly cause you suck. We boo the shit out of Kevin Gregg (who is white) too, why cause he sucks. You perform and act normal, not like a fucking whiny baby whot throws the ball in the stands with 2 outs and is a cocky bitch, we would have pulled for you. I can guarantee you we will never root for you now. Get rid of this "fucking piece of shit". Lou was 100% right in calling him that. I love my Cubs but will never, ever root for this piece of shit. Fuck him.

Yeah, it's truly pathetic.

He's been whining and crying all year about the fans giving him shit, the other players not liking him and giving him support, etc.
    Fuck him!

It all comes down to him being a shitty player, and having an attitude about it.
    I'm almost 100% certain that the other players DON'T like him, and I can't blame them for that!

The whole racist thing is complete bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I suppose it is possible to have some drunk in the right field bleachers drop the "N-bomb", but I am certain that 99.9% of people who go to baseball games are not racist, or if they were would not verbalize it to someone on the field.

I know Dusty Baker, Jacque Jones, LaTroy Hawkins received threatening letters over the years...and that is sad...but I'm also pretty sure the majority of professional athletes get them from time to time as well.

Also...
    Look at the differences between Bradley and Soriano. Both are over-paid, both have had shitty years, but both have handled it completely differently.
    While Soriano may get booed from time to time (deservedly so), it is NOWHERE near the shit Bradley gets. Why? Because Soriano has more or less kept his mouth shut and not blamed everyone and their brother for why he's doing bad.

You guys remember Todd Hundley and the world of shit he got from the fans? Why? Because he called them out and also blamed his shitty play on everything down to the color of the grass as opposed to his not being able to play the game.
    Corey Patterson also perpetuated the boo-birds.

Bradley needs to go. Like Speedy said, they need to cut their losses and just let him walk away.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, it's truly pathetic.

He's been whining and crying all year about the fans giving him shit, the other players not liking him and giving him support, etc.
    Fuck him!

It all comes down to him being a shitty player, and having an attitude about it.
    I'm almost 100% certain that the other players DON'T like him, and I can't blame them for that!

The whole racist thing is complete bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I suppose it is possible to have some drunk in the right field bleachers drop the "N-bomb", but I am certain that 99.9% of people who go to baseball games are not racist, or if they were would not verbalize it to someone on the field.

I know Dusty Baker, Jacque Jones, LaTroy Hawkins received threatening letters over the years...and that is sad...but I'm also pretty sure the majority of professional athletes get them from time to time as well.

Also...
    Look at the differences between Bradley and Soriano. Both are over-paid, both have had shitty years, but both have handled it completely differently.
    While Soriano may get booed from time to time (deservedly so), it is NOWHERE near the shit Bradley gets. Why? Because Soriano has more or less kept his mouth shut and not blamed everyone and their brother for why he's doing bad.

You guys remember Todd Hundley and the world of shit he got from the fans? Why? Because he called them out and also blamed his shitty play on everything down to the color of the grass as opposed to his not being able to play the game.
    Corey Patterson also perpetuated the boo-birds.

Bradley needs to go. Like Speedy said, they need to cut their losses and just let him walk away.

Bradley is a complete fucking clown. I dont even wanna turn on sportsradio in Chicago lately beacuse this jagoff seems to be the center of attention. I'm not sure why this is such a big shock that this guy has acted the way he has. He's been on what? 7 teams in his career?? That doesnt happen for no reason. This guy has been a fucking head case everywhere he has been and its no different in Chicago. Hendry had a really shitty offseason.
    baaaaaaaaaaaaa

Harden and heilman were claimed off waivers today :lol::lol::lol:

flubs officially throwing in the towel
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg