Options

What DID NOT make your day (part deux)???

Comments

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Was on the computer last night. A thingy flashes up with you have got 86 trojans and 65 million worms on your computer. I panic and don't know what to do. So I start a scan on the computer. But I'm terrified I've stuffed up so I sit and watch the scan until 2 in the morning - just in case. In the end I'm so knackered I fall asleep. I'm now knackered but the computer seems to be ok.
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Claireack wrote:
    Was on the computer last night. A thingy flashes up with you have got 86 trojans and 65 million worms on your computer. I panic and don't know what to do. So I start a scan on the computer. But I'm terrified I've stuffed up so I sit and watch the scan until 2 in the morning - just in case. In the end I'm so knackered I fall asleep. I'm now knackered but the computer seems to be ok.
    Holy Shit!! :shock:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Holy Shit!! :shock:

Fingers crossed all ok - feel pretty sleepy though :cry:
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Work mate telling my supervisor of my concerns about the behaviour and communications of another work mate towards me. Then my supervisor telling me I should put in a complaint about this person.

Wish people would let me deal with this in my own way when I am sure of what the persons intentions are, and hopefully it is simply misinterpretation and nothing else.

Don't need to have any shit started over something that is quite possibly nothing. :x :roll:
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Having had a lovely day thus far coming home to find the relatives I live with all going out (not a bad thing!) and discovered they have moved around my belongings, bagged some of them up as they were looking untidy in the living room and I discover they've been into my bedroom for no apparent reason. I know it's not major, but it's just annoying!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:

Aggghh! This seems to be a new nasty...I have experienced it and so have some of my friends....I ignored it and ran a security scan and my pc dealt with the nasty! I am sure that your pc will be ok too. Unfortunately, not a lot to be done about sleep deprivation-maybe an early night ;)
    Stand for something or you'll fall for anything (Skindred-Stand For Something)
  • Options
    not a lot to be done about sleep deprivation-maybe an early night ;)

Will have to have a lie in as out tonight - or maybe I should have a nap now :think:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    More like what did not make my life, our lives.
    There is absolutely nothing that hurts more than watching someone hurt someone you love. Our hearts are bonded in this life together and when one breaks we all break.
    As a parent I wish I could spare my children the tough lessons of life. Keep them from bitter disappointment, loss of faith, trusts shattered. Keep the innocence alive. But I can't. My Mama couldn't. All I have is this.....
    "Come on give your old Mom a hug. I'm sorry, everything will be ok. We'll get through this together."
    But I know that there inside of them something has changed. Something is gone that we can't get back.
    Damn this world and the people who just don't care about hurting others. If they only knew, if they only knew.
    Please God, show them how to feel.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    There is absolutely nothing that hurts more than watching someone hurt someone you love. Our hearts are bonded in this life together and when one breaks we all break.
    As a parent I wish I could spare my children the tough lessons of life. Keep them from bitter disappointment, loss of faith, trusts shattered. Keep the innocence alive. But I can't. My Mama couldn't. All I have is this.....
    "Come on give your old Mom a hug. I'm sorry, everything will be ok. We'll get through this together."
    But I know that there inside of them something has changed. Something is gone that we can't get back.
    Damn this world and the people who just don't care about hurting others. If they only knew, if they only knew.
    I am sure that you have instilled in them the wonderful values and morals of life. I am sure they have a pure soul just like you...
    Time helps a lot of us look at things from a different standpoint- and the disappointment and failures only shape us as a person... Its all in how you look at things and approach life. Constantly reminding yourself that you deserve more and better, a happy life, will push you into making wiser decisions and learning stronger coping skills. Its funny how one single person can have such a huge impact on your life- negative or positive...
    I always tell people struggling, what it says in my signature...
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    I am sure that you have instilled in them the wonderful values and morals of life. I am sure they have a pure soul just like you...
    Time helps a lot of us look at things from a different standpoint- and the disappointment and failures only shape us as a person... Its all in how you look at things and approach life. Constantly reminding yourself that you deserve more and better, a happy life, will push you into making wiser decisions and learning stronger coping skills. Its funny how one single person can have such a huge impact on your life- negative or positive...
    I always tell people struggling, what it says in my signature...
    Thank you! your words and thoughts very inspirational and uplifting, just what I needed. I will share this with my son :) I know he will feel better today.
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Damn drunken husbands...still kinda pissed from Saturday night. Plus it's Monday morning and not Friday.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Jukee wrote:
    Damn drunken husbands...still kinda pissed from Saturday night. Plus it's Monday morning and not Friday.
    :shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    the sun came up, the birds sang, and I woke up.
    first day of another mind numbing, soul crushing week of nothingness that I call a job. :evil:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Waking up feeling nauseous and sick again, it's starting to become a problem.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    First day back at school for mr k, and the school has changed starting time from 8.45am to 8.35am. They tried to tell us that it was in the last newsletter.....NO IT WASN'T!!!! :twisted:
  • Options
    I have an MRI scan today :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

Good luck, I've had them before, they are scary but do help in the long run. Much huggles x
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    stupid people..but there alot of space to write them..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Ahhh yes the stupid person, the ones that drive us all mad....yet becomes the butt of our jokes! :lol:
  • Options

Ahhh yes the stupid person, the ones that drive us all mad....yet becomes the butt of our jokes! :lol:
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Good luck, I've had them before, they are scary but do help in the long run. Much huggles x
    Thanks doll :) x

It was horrible. They stuck me with needles and dye... I hate needles, especially intravenous needles. I'm also claustrophobic... I don't really have to say that it wasn't a fun experience for me... :cry:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    My chair at work - it's a little like being on a rollercoaster, blindfolded. One minute you're sat there and the next, the fucking thing tips forward, sending my headfirst into my desk. Either that or it tips backwards and, if not for speed of hand, my feet would be somewhere above my head!!

Facking thing!
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Thanks doll :) x

It was horrible. They stuck me with needles and dye... I hate needles, especially intravenous needles. I'm also claustrophobic... I don't really have to say that it wasn't a fun experience for me... :cry:

I fully understand, I was scared stiff, I'm ok with needles but had nightmares about getting stuck in the scanner. Fingers crossed you'll not need to go through it again!
  • Options
    iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    finding out that my lease is up at the end of the month. i thought it was next month...apartment search is about to go into overdrive!
  • Options
    Tired of the rumour/truemor mill that seems to be running like wildfire at work lately. I'm over and I want to go back to my existence of oblivion! Amazing how one person can cause the team dynamics to completely implode, yet also be able manipulate others into believing they are just an innocent bystander. :twisted: I so cannot wait to get out of there, just waiting for business to pick up a bit more and POW I'm outta there like cat with it's arse on fire! :lol:
  • Options
    Life is so unfair... just found out my sisters 5 year old nephew was diagnosed with Leukemia....starts chemo tomorrow :(
  • Options
    Life is so unfair... just found out my sisters 5 year old nephew was diagnosed with Leukemia....starts chemo tomorrow :(

Aww, that is awful. Best wishes coming your way.
  • Options
    Having to worry about my future.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    women......I now remember why it was that I loved working in the automotive industry so much....hardly any women there, so no stupid rumour mongering or bitching. At least with all of the guys I have worked closely with we were upfront and would tell each other straight up if the other was a dickhead or ask them about something rather than slinking behind peoples backs and creating shit out of nothing. Man what is wrong with 90% of the gender that I apparently belong to?? Bitches. :roll:
  • Options
    women......I now remember why it was that I loved working in the automotive industry so much....hardly any women there, so no stupid rumour mongering or bitching. At least with all of the guys I have worked closely with we were upfront and would tell each other straight up if the other was a dickhead or ask them about something rather than slinking behind peoples backs and creating shit out of nothing. Man what is wrong with 90% of the gender that I apparently belong to?? Bitches. :roll:

Ya know what? The more posts I read of yours, the more I REALLY like you girl! You totally sound like me!