~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Awww I love this!!!!! My tabby has been obsessed with plastic bags lately. She goes crazy, tries to get inside them and gets into this euphoric state. It's a recent development and it's the only time she will let my 10 year old daughter pet her. 
  • Awww I love this!!!!! My tabby has been obsessed with plastic bags lately. She goes crazy, tries to get inside them and gets into this euphoric state. It's a recent development and it's the only time she will let my 10 year old daughter pet her. 

I lime it when they crawl through the loop and then the bag gets stuck on them. There's a moment's pause when the cat senses something's up- the bag is following them. Then they tear off trying to get away from it, but can't lol!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I wonder if the plastic thing is related to age?  Beans goes nuts for them now - lots of licks and rubs and cat-joy.

And of course, boxes are irresistible.
    Awww I love this!!!!! My tabby has been obsessed with plastic bags lately. She goes crazy, tries to get inside them and gets into this euphoric state. It's a recent development and it's the only time she will let my 10 year old daughter pet her. 

I lime it when they crawl through the loop and then the bag gets stuck on them. There's a moment's pause when the cat senses something's up- the bag is following them. Then they tear off trying to get away from it, but can't lol!
    Yess too funny! My sister was just telling me about the time she bought helium balloons for a party. Somehow one of her cats grabbed a hold of one of the balloons and it got attached to her tail. She immediately went berserk trying to run away from it :rofl: 

hedonist said:
    I wonder if the plastic thing is related to age?  Beans goes nuts for them now - lots of licks and rubs and cat-joy.

Maybe? Sashi didn't become interested in them until a few years ago. She's around 12 years old. Gizzy our 6 year old cat couldn't care less about plastic bags or much else.... although she's not the brightest cat.. ;) Sashi, on the other hand, is a genius.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    hedonist said:

i don't think so. I've had Kali for most of her life (got her when she was about a year old).  She's always liked boxes, and plastic bags.  My other cat ,Willow, not so much, she was more into string and feathers.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    Cats go nuts over olives.

Apparently there is a common trait between catnip and olives.

Give it a try and let me know the giggles that ensue after.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    Yeah, my cat likes the green olives stuffed with pimento. She also goes for caramel.

My cat has an odd thing that she developed in the past few years... She loves to rub her mouth on my TV remote and my phone, I'm sure because they are both covered with my scent, but whenever she does it, it makes her yawn. Every single time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I've seen on My Cat From Hell how Jackson uses his glasses to familiarize cats with his scent.  I tried that with Beans once and she nipped me :angry:  She loves the remote though - go figure.

Give her a box or the brown paper filler that comes with it?  All in, baby!

HF, Gizzy and Sashi sound like George and Beanie, respectively =)
    i don't like olives so never bought them, not sure if Kali would like them though.

Willow loved ice cream, lunch meats (turkey or ham), cheese and doritos (nacho cheese)
    Kali likes pretzels, ice cream, and any kind of meat.  I'll be eating meatloaf, ham or chicken or something and go away for like a second and come back and she steals a piece :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    i don't like olives so never bought them, not sure if Kali would like them though.

Willow loved ice cream, lunch meats (turkey or ham), cheese and doritos (nacho cheese)
    Kali likes pretzels, ice cream, and any kind of meat.  I'll be eating meatloaf, ham or chicken or something and go away for like a second and come back and she steals a piece :lol:
    I'm with you on the olive front.

Georgie likes Nutter Butters - every other non-cat food scares him.

Beans will lick the seasoning off of Cheetos and Doritos.  Loves her some chicken too.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Molly goes nuts for Pirate’s Booty, but she always upchucks it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    What is Pirate's Booty?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    hedonist said:

I'm with you on the olive front.

Georgie likes Nutter Butters - every other non-cat food scares him.

Beans will lick the seasoning off of Cheetos and Doritos.  Loves her some chicken too.
    Willow did that also :lol:
    Image may contain one or more people
    PJ_Soul said:
    What is Pirate's Booty?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOG2NE2gmU

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I've totally noticed the whole remote thing! Yes both of them rub the remote with their chins. Sashi is a dorito/cheeto dust and Ritz cracker whore. Gizzy is down with the chicken. Ever brought fast food around the cats and they go crazy? Makes you really second guess your meal. I haven't had Subway in a few years, but when I used to bring home a turkey sub the cats would attack.
    I fucking love cats.  Their personas.

Perfectly (purrfectly?), I am listening to Cat Stevens' Katmandu live right now :)
    PJ_Soul said:
    What is Pirate's Booty?
    Image result for pirates booty
    dankind said:
    Molly goes nuts for Pirate’s Booty, but she always upchucks it. 
    Butt pirate, lol.  Always liked that name.

Cat is throwing up maybe because of the ingredients?
  • hedonist said:
    I fucking love cats.  Their personas.

Perfectly (purrfectly?), I am listening to Cat Stevens' Katmandu live right now :)

I do too. I think they are exceptionally underrated as loving pets.
    edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    What is Pirate's Booty?
    Image result for pirates booty
    Ah. I get the same flavour, but the SmartFood brand. Yeah, my cat likes anythingl cheese-flavoured. And most actual cheeses, and pretty much anything else that is dairy-based. Especially processed cheese. She's bananas for the Kraft singles. Obviously not good for her, but I let her have a few bites of it once in a while.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    Sashi brought me her treasured pig a few days ago. She was very proud of her find!! She has a rotating bunch of little animals and one Barbie jacket that she rotates and brings to me daily. She always had the loudest, crazy meow when she is carrying one in her mouth. Nice song choice Hedo n Yess Thirty way underrated.

• Sashi brought me her treasured pig a few days ago. She was very proud of her find!! She has a rotating bunch of little animals and one Barbie jacket that she rotates and brings to me daily. She always had the loudest, crazy meow when she is carrying one in her mouth. Nice song choice Hedo n Yess Thirty way underrated.

Really cute!
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Sashi brought me her treasured pig a few days ago. She was very proud of her find!! She has a rotating bunch of little animals and one Barbie jacket that she rotates and brings to me daily. She always had the loudest, crazy meow when she is carrying one in her mouth. Nice song choice Hedo n Yess Thirty way underrated.

So sweet. Juniper sometimes brings me crinkles balls ... she has the craziest "yowl" when she has one in her mouth.  
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    Thanks guys! A yowl is definitely a better way of describing that crazy meow. 
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596

Hank. Always steading trying to get a lick of ice cream. Usually he fails, sometimes he wins... 
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    Oh my so cute!! Hank looks like a cool little dude :)
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Happy Mother's Day to all the fur mammas out there.  This proud mamma is going show off her fur baby:

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    It’s Purrsday. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    ^ Ha!! Love that expression and those whiskers! :lol:  Precious fur babies Given to Fly and DK!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I always heard it as Resting Bitch Face