~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Introducing Juniper McCready to the group.  Love this little one so much.

Let me guess... Juniper owns every piece of furniture in your home and uses said furniture as Juniper feels; however, for the time being, the chair by the fireplace is Juniper's 'go to' spot for daytime naps.

Am I at least 77% correct?
    I think Juniper owns the whole home. But she is a lump of love so I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    Introducing Juniper McCready to the group.  Love this little one so much.
    Flame on, Juniper!  A beauty!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• "My brain's a good brain!"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I adore the big cats and love how cheetahs are the only one of them to purr.  The rest will roar the hell out of you.

Such a mystery!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    edited March 2018
    hedonist said:
    I adore the big cats and love how cheetahs are the only one of them to purr.  The rest will roar the hell out of you.

Such a mystery!
    I'm not a fan of zoos (so much more prefer to hear about places where they are allowed to roam free) but I did visit the San Francisco zoo a number of time growing up and less frequently into my  middle age years.  The fist time I went into the big indoor building that houses the lion cages, I heard a large lion roar for the first time.  That huge sound sent chills down my spine and set my hair on end.  It was both marvelously magnificent and utterly terrifying.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Imagine sleeping in some tent and hearing a lion roar in the middle of the night!

Or a tiger growl.

Gawd those animals could hurt you.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • If there's such a thing as reincarnation and a guy gets a choice... I'm choosing the cat's life at our house. Mika is ruler absolute:

• We are going to be getting a kitten in a few weeks. I'm hoping that goes well.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    We are going to be getting a kitten in a few weeks. I'm hoping that goes well.
    playmate for your cat?  Do you think Mika will get along well with another cat?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • We are going to be getting a kitten in a few weeks. I'm hoping that goes well.
    playmate for your cat?  Do you think Mika will get along well with another cat?
    Playmate and company.

We're thinking there will be an adjustment period, but in the long run good for both. The cat we are getting is from the humane society- it needs a good home.
    Good on you!  Are you getting a male kitten?  I've heard it's (usually) best they not be the same gender.

When we adopted George, Beans already had the run of the place for a while, so we kept them separated for a few days but still able to sniff, hear and sense each other. They've been bonded for a while now, despite the "playful" swats and hissing.
  • hedonist said:
    Good on you!  Are you getting a male kitten?  I've heard it's (usually) best they not be the same gender.

When we adopted George, Beans already had the run of the place for a while, so we kept them separated for a few days but still able to sniff, hear and sense each other. They've been bonded for a while now, despite the "playful" swats and hissing.
    Another female. Weird because I've heard get the same gender. Grrr.

Good advice! This is what we've kinda figured out from talking to anyone and everyone (keeping them separated for a while). We'll ease them into it- it'll be more on Mika for sure.
    hedonist said:

Another female. Weird because I've heard get the same gender. Grrr.

Good advice! This is what we've kinda figured out from talking to anyone and everyone (keeping them separated for a while). We'll ease them into it- it'll be more on Mika for sure.
    i don't think it matters on the gender to be honest, more so on the cat.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Bump with a shot of my baby enjoying the arrival of spring. 

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    aww precious :smile: (tortie ?)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Juniper!

Man, do cats love their windowsill time.
    aww precious :smile: (tortie ?)
    She is a rescue. The vet calls her a torby. Part tortie, part tabby.
  • Okay... seeing that sweet little torby... my little tabby, Mika, is going up again too. This is her in real time (she's keeping me company as I listen to some tunes and swill Shiraz):

She's looking at you like "Dude, that's your fourth glass!"

So glad you adopted her; it seems like a great fit.
    Okay... seeing that sweet little torby... my little tabby, Mika, is going up again too. This is her in real time (she's keeping me company as I listen to some tunes and swill Shiraz):

Mika is a good looking girl. But if you're drinking wine, she should get a treat. :)
  • Mika got way too many treats last night lol.

Hedo... I think that's what she's doing in this photo: anticipating me getting up so she will run to the kitchen for a 'snack'. She's awesome!
    Mika got way too many treats last night lol.

Hedo... I think that's what she's doing in this photo: anticipating me getting up so she will run to the kitchen for a 'snack'. She's awesome!
    Juniper approves! Juni loves her treats. 
  • Mika got way too many treats last night lol.

Juniper approves! Juni loves her treats. 
    Cats are so goofy.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Molly! :)
  • dankind said:
    Lol
    Molly (like most cats) looks like she plays by her own rules.  WILL play by her own rules.  Her eyes are very similar to those of our Beans.

Georgie on the other hand, is typically go with the flow (unless he becomes frightened by shit no other cat worth their salt would).

Life is so much better with these beauts in ours.

Molly is gorgeous, even with her don't f&@k with me face. :)
    If I Fits, I Sits
    Image may contain catImage may contain cat
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • If I Fits, I Sits
    Image may contain catImage may contain cat

Boxes and bags.

Why? Mika doesn't even wait for me to empty the boxes- she's sitting there anxiously awaiting the opportunity to jump in. And she really likes it when the flaps close down so she can shoot out and whack your hand with her paw... retreating back into the box after delivering the blow... like she's a moray eel thrusting itself from a coral reef.