Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ident, I've said the same about a sanctuary/rescue center. C'mon, lottery!

We adopted George from Kitten Rescue. It's one of the few places I allow to inundate me with emails.
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    edited March 2016
    Our Beans picked our dog....lol my husband took Autzen into petsmart to buy dog food, and they were doing a kitten adoption, all the other kittens were cowering in their cages at the site of a dog, and Beans reached his paw out to touch Autzen and wanted to play with him...and my husband calls me and says you need to get over here now there is a cat with a mustache that I think just adopted our dog! lol So I went over and said yep, he's coming home with us.....
    I found Eliot Spencer on CL, the family said they couldn't keep him, I still don't know why they had other animals, but their loss was my gain, so in the middle of the night we rushed to Gresham and picked him up....and he just clung to me in the car on the way home, he was so scared.
    Tabby Lu, she picked me, unbeknownst to me she followed me around the cattery as I looked for a particular cat I had seen on their website who's story had made me want him....but he had already been spoken for and so when I finally stopped walking and looked down there she was and she stretched up my leg as tall as she could and with little bitty meows said pick me pick me!!! And I fell instantly in love. I miss her so much it still hurts to this day....but I talk to her all the time, and I know I will see her again someday.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I downloaded the Petcube app and was playing laser catch with some kitties from a shelter in PA. Now I want a Petcube for home. Having this would make me feel better about leaving him for 2 days with just someone coming in and dumping food in his dish.Of course it's a rationalization b/c basically I just want to be able to see my kitty while I'm away from home!
    I really want it before I go to Philly since that will be 2 nights away and my friend will be feeding him. Also, If I take him to Chicago I can have it in the hotel room while we are out (about 4 hours a night).
    Ideally I would want 2 since he goes into 2 rooms equally but right now you can't link two cubes together. They're working on upgrading it tho!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    After research I now found another pet cam I like. Petzi...now I don't know which one I want. oh bother......
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Beans put someone in her place last night....they were playing rough and tumble like they do, and then he growled to tell her enough, but she doesn't get the concept of enough....and he swatted her and really tore her poor little nose up this time....this picture doesn't even do it justice....I know she's a dog, but since this was done by a kitty I post regularly I thought I'd share here too....Mommy came to the rescue though and stopped the bleeding.

Actually here is a better shot I got apparently...haha
    Post edited by PJSiren on
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Curiosity can be a real bitch! Hope the woofer is ok!!!
  • Options
    We got a new kitty....her is just a kitten...I think because she is so tiny! She is a stray who has showed up to our place....I feel she was lead to us by my little Angel Kitty in Heaven, Miss Tabby Lu....she is a Maine Coon just like Tabby Lu also....but it is very clear she is a stray as she is sooooo skinny and very dirty and she was starving and took right to eating....she is so sweet and loving and just purrs and purrs and wants to be pet and pet and she like to mush, or knead as some call it...and she is a very talkative one. She chatters up a storm....
    my daughter named her....Ruby (for a character from Supernatural) and all our pets except one have a middle name(Beans, because he came with the name), so her middle name is Rose, because Chyann liked the sound of them together...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Congrats, PJS! Very pretty but holy hell that's a lot of fur!
  • Options
    That's why I love Maine Coons, Hedo!!! All that Fur!!! Tabby Lu's fur what the same...different coloring and markings, she was swirly grey and black with a little brown and cream....and Ruby here is more like a calico coat almost but still has some Tabby cat-esque traits like the M on the forehead...and she had black, grey, brown, cream and ginger fur....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Was so meant to be! Happy Pet Day!
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Ruby Rose! :smile:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    That's awesome PJS! It really does seem meant to be. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Me:"Oh, it's stinky in here, somebody pooped, was it you?"
    Ruby:"Myeah"
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Does she poop around the house??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    No, we still have her sequestered to the bathroom with food and liter box, she's using the liter box well. We are introducing the family slowly though, and we want to get her into the vet to see if she has a clean bill of health.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    PJSiren said:

Me:"Oh, it's stinky in here, somebody pooped, was it you?"
    Ruby:"Myeah"

:lol:
  • Options
    well I got the Petzi and even tho the quality isn't the best I am addicted. Fenny get treats everyday now at 3. When I go away for Philly next week I can check on him since my friend is only going once a day to give him his wet food.
  • Options
    My little Eliot Spencer, blue eyed baby, is going grey!!! If you look at his back closely you can see it....and he's only 4.5 years old....I just can't believe it! lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    PJSiren said:

My little Eliot Spencer, blue eyed baby, is going grey!!! If you look at his back closely you can see it....and he's only 4.5 years old....I just can't believe it! lol

Sweet! Love those eyes!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    scientists wanted to study how cats react in zero gravity. Since they always land on their feet, they filmed the reactions:

https://youtu.be/oW4Q1dKuR5w

https://youtu.be/MvU9GZjBTzs

https://youtu.be/ZVtpwRSyYSM

I just wonder what how the scientists would have reacted if one of their test subjects decided to pee mid-flight... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I wish they would've! Poor things must have been so confused and "The fuck? That's not how this is supposed to work."
  • Options
    Yeah, that's horrible. Poor things. Dangerous too. A cat can actually break its back thrashing around like that.
  • Options
    So happy I decided to take Fenris with me on my trip to Chicago! He was a bit nervous for the first few hours but then he relaxed and enjoyed the next 5 days! Once he got his groove in the car he ate treats and even used his pan a few times. In the hotel he had no problems at all. He made himself totally at home. I am so proud of him!!!

imagephoto 2016-05-08   15.29.58_zpsi4odyusu.jpg" />

imagephoto 2016-05-05 17.20.07_zpskbwpo22k.jpg" />

• Options
    He's just such a beauty, Sprunk. And it is so cool you shared your now-I-can-finally-breathe time with him.

Our Beans lays in that same comfy position, but with a bit more of her belly exposed.

(clearly inviting rubs and nuzzling)
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    That's the "Thank you for the new bed, human. Now, go away and sleep on the floor" pose :lol:

Beautiful cat.
  • Options
    freakin dude, he also liked sleeping right on my pillow which he doesn't do at home. I brought the fuzzy blanket he likes to sleep on near the bottom of my bed every night but on vacation he didn't want anything to do with it. Funny creatures but oh so lovable!
  • Options
    I spent 10 bucks on a scratch box made of cardboard. Fen loves it to death. Lays on it, sleeps on it, rolls around on it and claws the bejesus out of it!
    imagephoto 2016-05-31 17.26.39_zpsaogfpnag.jpg" />
  • Options
    We have a couple of these for ours:
    They use it but STILL scratch the couch!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I spent 10 bucks on a scratch box made of cardboard. Fen loves it to death. Lays on it, sleeps on it, rolls around on it and claws the bejesus out of it!
    imagephoto 2016-05-31 17.26.39_zpsaogfpnag.jpg" />

Yes, I have one of these too, and it is the only thing my cat ever scratches. She absolutely loves it. I am so proud of her, lol. My other cat (deceased) scratched the furniture like mad and there was nothing that could stop her. I am so relieved that the surviving kitty isn't inclined to do the same. It's the scratching issue that will probably prevent me from getting another cat after Sid passes (hopefully a long long time from now). I think scratching or not scratching furniture depends largely on a cat's disposition, and I don't think I am willing to take the risk again. I am so lucky with Sid - she is as well behaved as a cat can possibly be in all regards. But I might not get so lucky with another cat. I loved Jonesy, my cat that died a couple years ago, but she had a lot of terrible habits that couldn't be broken, not to mention chronic medical probs. I don't think I can take the chance again. So yeah, hopefully my perfect Sid (besides the damned cat hair!) is with me for a very long time, since she may be my last kitty for a long long time. Maybe ever.
  • Options
    Aww PJ Soul. The Mr didn't want another cat after our last one. He was sooooo attached and didn't think he could be "replaced". I get it but after almost 4 yrs I was ready. We got a one year old from the "dump" (aka rescue). I went that way because by then the personality is already a bit apparent. If the cat is friendly or aloof is pretty much seen. I think maybe the the scratching would too? Anyway, you have a cat now!!! Yay!!!!