~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    As my kitties go out, they all have collars (need it for the cat flap magnet as well). Collars now are usually safe - they just need to be correctly adjusted. They either have an elasticated bit so, if the cat does get caught and pulls a bit, he/she can get their out of it. Or they come with 'safety snaps' that, when tugged enough, snap open. My kitties are also microchipped - they all used to have a little tag with their name and number just in case, but two of my cats have the habit of 'losing' their collar (actually saw Jet catch the collar on purpose and pull it off!).

Love the Cat's House!!!!!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKy8H_P6XblfiqKEAEC60vRlmjyR6_3aoHtzV7Cq2H4cdFPlcV
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Jason P wrote:

awwww, what a sweet baby.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    260245_10152287837130400_1688590165_n.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Kat wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

awwww, what a sweet baby.
    I looked about the same after feasting on some prime rib last weekend.

... but not quite as cute. :oops:
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    My cat had a reiki session on Saturday, and she's having another one on Tuesday.

:oops: :fp: :wtf: :fp:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    dankind wrote:
    My cat had a reiki session on Saturday, and she's having another one on Tuesday.

What the ... :shock: WHY?! When we went to the holistic doc with Mr. Pickles, we had to work really hard not getting angry or burst into laughter. And yes, Mr Pickles had issues that a holistic doc couldn't fix. It was bad of him not to be realistic with us.

How did all the cats survive in the old days without that kind of stuff :fp:
    dankind wrote:

What the ... :shock: WHY?! When we went to the holistic doc with Mr. Pickles, we had to work really hard not getting angry or burst into laughter. And yes, Mr Pickles had issues that a holistic doc couldn't fix. It was bad of him not to be realistic with us.

How did all the cats survive in the old days without that kind of stuff :fp:

I took her to the vet as well, but my wife sort of insisted on this.

Just trying everything, I guess.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind wrote:

I was not criticizing you ;) Like I said, we tried the same kind of thing in hopes that it would safe Mr Pickles. I hope your cat will be better soon whatever it is suffering from.
    I just don't like those kind of "docs" who make promises that they can help and want a shitload of money for questionable practises :| What we kept doing after that visit was feeding our kitty grain free cat food cause we see the logic behind that. At our visit, the doc's assistant held Mr P and channeled his energies through her arm. She would hold little bottles with stuff against him and the doc pressed her arm down to see if the cat has some reaction on it :fp: I thought it was a waste of money.
    dankind wrote:

I was not criticizing you ;) Like I said, we tried the same kind of thing in hopes that it would safe Mr Pickles. I hope your cat will be better soon whatever it is suffering from.
    I just don't like those kind of "docs" who make promises that they can help and want a shitload of money for questionable practises :| What we kept doing after that visit was feeding our kitty grain free cat food cause we see the logic behind that. At our visit, the doc's assistant held Mr P and channeled his energies through her arm. She would hold little bottles with stuff against him and the doc pressed her arm down to see if the cat has some reaction on it :fp: I thought it was a waste of money.

No worries. I didn't take it as you criticizing me (nor would I likely care if you were ;)) .

Long story: My in-laws visited last weekend, and my very sensitive cat (Molly) pissed on their knapsack. My wife pitched a fucking fit and said something to the effect of that she's had it with Molly and threatened to get rid of her -- at which point, I got on Craigslist and started looking for a studio apartment for Molly and myself (in front of my in-laws and children, mind you). So that happened.

I don't fuck around when it comes to my cat.

At any rate, when cooler heads prevailed and after Molly had pissed on our bed the following Tuesday, thereby pretty much assuring us that she was likely not acting out but had a medical issue that needed to be treated, I made a vet appointment and acquiesced for my wife to make an appointment for reiki with the understanding that she would never again even think of mentioning getting rid of Molly.

I will say the vet techs have made this whole ordeal ten times worse than it should be. They tried for two days/two vet trips to get a sterile urine sample (the second day keeping poor stressed-out Molly in a cage all day) and failed. Then they sent me home with some Nosorb to collect a sample at home (which is what I fucking suggested in the first fucking place!!!) and lost the sample when I returned it to them. Not to worry, though, they comped me a free cup of Nosorb to collect the next sample, which has yet to be collected. When it is, we're walking back to the lab with them to make sure they don't fuck it up again. :x

All the reiki lady did was show me some ways to pet Molly that might calm her down and then "sent her some energy," which she says she felt was "received." Not sure about that, but Molly did hiss and swat the shit out of her twice. :lol::lol::lol:

She also dug our posters, so she can't be all that bad. :mrgreen: :thumbup:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    two face kitten born in Oregon named Deucy :D awwww!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/1 ... 28292.html

two-faced-kitten.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    dankind wrote:
    dankind wrote:

No worries. I didn't take it as you criticizing me (nor would I likely care if you were ;)) .

Long story: My in-laws visited last weekend, and my very sensitive cat (Molly) pissed on their knapsack. My wife pitched a fucking fit and said something to the effect of that she's had it with Molly and threatened to get rid of her -- at which point, I got on Craigslist and started looking for a studio apartment for Molly and myself (in front of my in-laws and children, mind you). So that happened.

I don't fuck around when it comes to my cat.

At any rate, when cooler heads prevailed and after Molly had pissed on our bed the following Tuesday, thereby pretty much assuring us that she was likely not acting out but had a medical issue that needed to be treated, I made a vet appointment and acquiesced for my wife to make an appointment for reiki with the understanding that she would never again even think of mentioning getting rid of Molly.

I will say the vet techs have made this whole ordeal ten times worse than it should be. They tried for two days/two vet trips to get a sterile urine sample (the second day keeping poor stressed-out Molly in a cage all day) and failed. Then they sent me home with some Nosorb to collect a sample at home (which is what I fucking suggested in the first fucking place!!!) and lost the sample when I returned it to them. Not to worry, though, they comped me a free cup of Nosorb to collect the next sample, which has yet to be collected. When it is, we're walking back to the lab with them to make sure they don't fuck it up again. :x

All the reiki lady did was show me some ways to pet Molly that might calm her down and then "sent her some energy," which she says she felt was "received." Not sure about that, but Molly did hiss and swat the shit out of her twice. :lol::lol::lol:

She also dug our posters, so she can't be all that bad. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Oh wow, poor Molly! I hope you will find a solution and she will be better very soon! I'd be interested to see if the reiki therapy does something for her. And yay for standing up for your kitty :thumbup:
    Molly is in surgery right now to remove a large bladder stone. :( :( :cry:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind wrote:

:( sorry
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    dankind wrote:

Best of luck and healing vibes sent! Hang in there Molly!
    dankind wrote:

:( sorry
    dankind wrote:

Best of luck and healing vibes sent! Hang in there Molly!

Thanks, y'all.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Molly's surgery is done. She's doing OK. I can pick her up in a hour.

Thanks again for the well wishes and sympathy.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    F5
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Almost forgot!

Happy World Cat Day!!!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Almost forgot!

Happy World Cat Day!!!

Meow :D Sam got an extra portion of cuddling today ...
    Almost forgot!

Happy World Cat Day!!!

Meow :D Sam got an extra portion of cuddling today ...

:thumbup: same and some catnip. lol
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    worldcatday_zpsb64ddf1c.jpg
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    Mac and Cheese taking a nap. That's how they roll.

ffb7b5aa-125a-4524-87f1-f500a4de1ce5.jpg~original
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • So... I've been canvassing shelters, rescues and the newspaper.. For my next Kitty. Hope to find one soon!! When U do I'll let you all know.. Only Photobucketsuvks and won't let me size pics.. So I may have to have a friend post kitty pics or at least size them for me.. Keep ya posted!!
    And yay that Molly made it through surgery well!!
    Mac and Cheese!! Lmao adorable names for adorable kitties!!
  • looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    So... I've been canvassing shelters, rescues and the newspaper.. For my next Kitty. Hope to find one soon!! When U do I'll let you all know.. Only Photobucketsuvks and won't let me size pics.. So I may have to have a friend post kitty pics or at least size them for me.. Keep ya posted!!

Yay new kitty addition! I totally recommending getting two siblings! Mac and Cheese (my kids named them) are brothers, and they are the best cats ever! So mellow and friendly and have each other to entertain themselves! And I"m not even a cat person :) So glad you are going to get one from a shelter!
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • loolooloo wrote:
    So... I've been canvassing shelters, rescues and the newspaper.. For my next Kitty. Hope to find one soon!! When U do I'll let you all know.. Only Photobucketsuvks and won't let me size pics.. So I may have to have a friend post kitty pics or at least size them for me.. Keep ya posted!!

Yay new kitty addition! I totally recommending getting two siblings! Mac and Cheese (my kids named them) are brothers, and they are the best cats ever! So mellow and friendly and have each other to entertain themselves! And I"m not even a cat person :) So glad you are going to get one from a shelter!
    Like I said I'll either get one from the shelter, or save one from ending up in a shelter.. Can't wait to find my new kitty baby!
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    image_zps05321362.jpg

Here is our new kitty - Eddie! :D

We got him at the end of May from a coworker who had 2 dogs and they did not get along with kitty. The best thing that has happened to us since we lost both of our cats in December of 2011. He is crazy right now and we are loving it! He likes climbing all over the place, just like a young EV! :lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

jlaustin wrote:
    image_zps05321362.jpg

Here is our new kitty - Eddie! :D

We got him at the end of May from a coworker who had 2 dogs and they did not get along with kitty. The best thing that has happened to us since we lost both of our cats in December of 2011. He is crazy right now and we are loving it! He likes climbing all over the place, just like a young EV! :lol:

awwww, :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Eddie looks awesome :thumbup: Congrats :D

Sam is continuing to be as precious and fuzzy as ever :) I cannot wait for the colder season. I hpe she will be coming back to our bedroom again. She has been sleeping in front of it the whole summer, probably didn't like the sound of the ac / fan too much.