~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Awww what a cool story! I'm happy pig found you :D
    We are just theoreticizing, there is not anything happening right now. We just would like to know if it is totally unrealistic to think that she would accept a kitten ...
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Awww what a cool story! I'm happy pig found you :D
    We are just theoreticizing, there is not anything happening right now. We just would like to know if it is totally unrealistic to think that she would accept a kitten ...

As long as the kitten is healthy then I wouldn't see why not. Unless of course some inbreeding has been going on she will hiss at it. I've seen that before not a good site. Which is why people should spend the money to have thier pets fixed.

I don't want to give you a definate yes but I would lean more towards it not being a problem. Her motherly instincts should kick in.

Yeah Pig is awesome. Little shit today knocked over my glass of water just so he could play in the water. Stace said he walked up to the glass and looked at it and just knocked it over and started playing in the water. He's something else I tell ya.

If you do get anther kitty keep us posted.
    My butt itches!
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    afroannnie wrote:
    I wonder how much a pack of 4 of these costs... :think:

The-Cat-Loft_B2FF17F3.jpg

Do they have a weight limit :think: I have a male Maine Coon.
    Sam is killing us with cuteness ... It is so crazy. Mr. Pickles' passing caused so much pain in me. I couldn't stop crying. Then we took Sam in. She seemed weird to us at first, but then she grew on us. Now we love her to pieces. I cannot even put it into words. She is just an adorable addition to our life. We enjoy and appreciate her cute, playful and crazy presence every day... I wouldn't want to be without this tiny furry living being. Kitties rule!

sammysam_zps04b519c2.jpg
    She looks like a very happy kitty Leeze glad you found a new buddie :D

Like you I couldn't imagine not having Pig around he is awesome and cute and well awesome. He definatlly completed the fam with Gremmie, Ringo and Snowball.
    My butt itches!
    DURP wrote:
    She looks like a very happy kitty Leeze glad you found a new buddie :D

Like you I couldn't imagine not having Pig around he is awesome and cute and well awesome. He definatlly completed the fam with Gremmie, Ringo and Snowball.

They don't have a heart icon around here, but this is for you, Pig, Gremmie, Ringo and Snowball <3:D
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    Sam is killing us with cuteness ... It is so crazy. Mr. Pickles' passing caused so much pain in me. I couldn't stop crying. Then we took Sam in. She seemed weird to us at first, but then she grew on us. Now we love her to pieces. I cannot even put it into words. She is just an adorable addition to our life. We enjoy and appreciate her cute, playful and crazy presence every day... I wouldn't want to be without this tiny furry living being. Kitties rule!

sammysam_zps04b519c2.jpg

:D glad everything worked out for the best
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    So.... Captain Fuzzykin's mama slipped out of the house for a couple of hours (when she was being kept in until she could get spayed) and yes... things happened. This is the funkiest of the litter she had 2/3 weeks ago... Human has not been able to think of a suitable name for such a special little face... any ideas? Will have to make it a new topic for everyone to have a go (well... those that bother!).

9daf0bdf-365c-4db1-b9f4-e821d35ecb5f_zps8bec4d78.jpg?t=1366497286

1f527096-6a28-451a-a4eb-eb178a5447c5_zps9082627e.jpg?t=1366497149

ac8763d2-4999-47e0-96ac-8f284bad7d7b_zps9f96067e.jpg?t=1366497236
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    redrock wrote:
    So.... Captain Fuzzykin's mama slipped out of the house for a couple of hours (when she was being kept in until she could get spayed) and yes... things happened. This is the funkiest of the litter she had 2/3 weeks ago... Human has not been able to think of a suitable name for such a special little face... any ideas? Will have to make it a new topic for everyone to have a go (well... those that bother!).

what a sweet little face! My biological clock is ticking...I think it might be time to get another baby soon :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Yesterday I painted my nails and let one arm hang down while I was reading something. Of course fluffball had to sniff on it. Too bad the nail polish wasn't really dry yet :o I freaked out for a bit, but calmed down when I saw that she behaved normal and it wasn't really much that she could have licked off ... It's almost gone by now. She looked like she was trying to put on lipstick :lol: :fp: I'm quite the paranoia queen when it comes to kitties by now ...

nailpolish_zps30c9f1ea.jpg
    Oh and redrock, that kitty looks super cute! I love the nose! So are you taking her in too? How many kitties does your family consist of by now?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Aaahhh Lisa, if only I could have her.... I think 6 is enough for now (though my daughter is trying to 'work her charm' on her father!!!).

She and her brothers will be looking for a good home in a few weeks time (though the human may be keeping one of them...)

Loving Sam and her 'lipstick'! Gotta teach her it's for her nails!

CBG - do it! :mrgreen:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    redrock wrote:

awwww a calico kitty! :mrgreen:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it9is.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited April 2013
    redrock wrote:

What a pretty kitty! The first thing that comes to mind are names like Patches? Freckles? Funnyface? I had a friend in high school who had a cat that looked very much like that. Her name was Toodles. She was a very prim and proper lady, and her name suited her.
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    http://youtu.be/M_Y8S78G7w0

my kitty Grumpy would do this when he was a kitten. I bought a black kitten hand puppet (it was the same size as him) and he would carry it around, then grab its head and bunny kick it. So one day I grabbed the puppet's tail and tugged on it, then I would spin Grumpy around like the girl does in the video.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    http://youtu.be/M_Y8S78G7w0

my kitty Grumpy would do this when he was a kitten. I bought a black kitten hand puppet (it was the same size as him) and he would carry it around, then grab its head and bunny kick it. So one day I grabbed the puppet's tail and tugged on it, then I would spin Grumpy around like the girl does in the video.

That was so cute! I love the name Grumpy :D I think we might be able to do that with Sam too. She loves to throw herself on the floor in front of you to get a good belly rub ...

Last Saturday the weather was so nice that we decided to give the harness and leash a go. We took her outside and she seemed to like it there. But she didn't really like the harness. And now we have the problem that she sits by the door and is screaming at us :? We feel bad for bringing her out, but we had the best intentions. She always has been and will remain an indoor cat, first of all because we have a major road outside of our house. We know she would be a great hunter, but we kind of regret to have brought her out now and don't know if we should continue to do it. Are there cats who can be mainly indoor and still enjoy the outside being on a leash? We don't want her to be sad, but also not being hit by a truck. Any tipps?
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Yes. A friend of mine has two indoor cats who only go out on a leash. They are outside all summer, as soon as she is outside and they love it.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    bluegrace wrote:
    Yes. A friend of mine has two indoor cats who only go out on a leash. They are outside all summer, as soon as she is outside and they love it.

leash on a cat :fp:

i had an ex that would do that and take the cat for a walk around the apt complex. :fp: you look like a fool. :lol:

thankfully, we have a fenced back yard.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    redrock wrote:

awwww a calico kitty! :mrgreen:

Foo
    My butt itches!
    81 wrote:
    bluegrace wrote:

leash on a cat :fp:

i had an ex that would do that and take the cat for a walk around the apt complex. :fp: you look like a fool. :lol:

thankfully, we have a fenced back yard.

:fp: cats are excellent climbers and jumpers...3rd story apartment balconies will not deter a kitty! (a client came in and let her unspayed kitty out on the balcony...well, she brought her kitty in because 'she's getting fat for some strange reason')

I have seen many kitties on a leash, trick is to put the harness on her while she's inside the house, with the leash on so she can get used to wearing it whilst walking around. then you can go outside and they won't freak out.

Many people build outdoor kitty enclosures:

ce_new5.jpg

I imagine Cav is crafty enough to build one!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    those poor kitties....

few years ago, our cat opened the door and took off for a week. he learned his lesson, and doesn't leave the back yard any more. not that we let him out alone. cat's on leashes....just doesn't seem right. then again, we don't believe in kitty collars either.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    RKCNDY wrote:
    :fp: cats are excellent climbers and jumpers...3rd story apartment balconies will not deter a kitty! (a client came in and let her unspayed kitty out on the balcony...well, she brought her kitty in because 'she's getting fat for some strange reason')

I have seen many kitties on a leash, trick is to put the harness on her while she's inside the house, with the leash on so she can get used to wearing it whilst walking around. then you can go outside and they won't freak out.

Many people build outdoor kitty enclosures:

ce_new5.jpg

I imagine Cav is crafty enough to build one!

:think: That doesn't look too bad. I don't know if the landlord would allow such a construction though. It's not our house. We do have a high fence on one side behind the house, but the other side is open with the driveway. If the whole thing would be fenced, I'd think differently. But we'll see, maybe we give her a little more leash training. I wouldn't walk her on it on the street. It would really be for the back yard to have her safe, but enable her to enjoy the sun and fresh air. For now, she has the windows all for herself.
  • zagizagi Posts: 414
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=88hllGMj1-s
    this is one weird cat. mine run away as soon as i start the vacuum cleaner

:think: That doesn't look too bad. I don't know if the landlord would allow such a construction though. It's not our house. We do have a high fence on one side behind the house, but the other side is open with the driveway. If the whole thing would be fenced, I'd think differently. But we'll see, maybe we give her a little more leash training. I wouldn't walk her on it on the street. It would really be for the back yard to have her safe, but enable her to enjoy the sun and fresh air. For now, she has the windows all for herself.

the enclosure definitely doesn't have to be attached to the house, or that big, even a smaller wire crate for a dog that folds up would be nice for her to be able to sit outside for a bit...like while you are vacuuming. :D
    81 wrote:
    those poor kitties....

few years ago, our cat opened the door and took off for a week. he learned his lesson, and doesn't leave the back yard any more. not that we let him out alone. cat's on leashes....just doesn't seem right. then again, we don't believe in kitty collars either.

My one kitty, Chubby took off when he was a wee little kitten, never been outside before. He didn't come back for like 2-3 weeks. I was heartbroken. The dog was heartbroken. I gave up looking for him, and he showed up on the doorstep one day-his collar missing. He still sneaks out, but I don't see him leave the property.

I love how every time he sneaks out, he eats a bunch of grass then comes back in the house and pukes up grass everywhere.

- Christopher McCandless
    I'm cracking up every time I see this :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFro7RlKzE8

When I was a kid, we had a kitty and let her out too. She was away for 4 weeks, and we didn't think she would ever come back. Furthermore, we were about to move. When she finally came home, she was thin as a stick and preggers. Unfortunately, she also must have contracted some kind of disease. She gave birth to four kittens, of which we had to put two to sleep because they were sick, and then we had to put her to sleep too. We gave one of the survivors away and kept the other one. She became 19 years old. We never let a kitty out again. But my parents have a big balcony...

Sam didn't wear a collar btw, but a harness. It was soft and not too tight. We'll see if we can built one of the "cages", that seems like something doable. Thanks for the inspiration, Lisa :thumbup:
  • zagizagi Posts: 414

When I was a kid, we had a kitty and let her out too. She was away for 4 weeks, and we didn't think she would ever come back. Furthermore, we were about to move. When she finally came home, she was thin as a stick and preggers. Unfortunately, she also must have contracted some kind of disease. She gave birth to four kittens, of which we had to put two to sleep because they were sick, and then we had to put her to sleep too. We gave one of the survivors away and kept the other one. She became 19 years old. We never let a kitty out again. But my parents have a big balcony...

Sam didn't wear a collar btw, but a harness. It was soft and not too tight. We'll see if we can built one of the "cages", that seems like something doable. Thanks for the inspiration, Lisa :thumbup:
    :lol::lol::lol: gotta love those cat videos, they are so funny

as for collar, I've never seen that in person- somehow sounds strange for me to do that. but, my cat has been neutered and she's a bit weird so she doesn't go far from home

Sorry to hear about your kitty :( , they can get into all sorts of naughtyness.

Glad to help with ideas! I'm sure you have seen "The Cat's House"? http://www.thecatshouse.com/#a=0&at=0&m ... 1&s=0&p=-1

- Christopher McCandless
    zagi wrote:

as for collar, I've never seen that in person- somehow sounds strange for me to do that. but, my cat has been neutered and she's a bit weird so she doesn't go far from home

I'm not a fan of collars on cats. Gremmie goes outside a lot but he never goes far from home. I would get paranoid about him getting his collar stuck while going under a fence and choking him.

When he was little he snuck out and was gone for a week. When he came him his eye was bloodshot and he lost some weight. Ever since then he has been scared of any male strangers and he doesn't take off like that he stays in our yard and the neighbors yard.

I figure someone must of been fucking with him because he used to be really friendly with everyone. Now if he doesn't know my friends he runs away but the wifes friends he walks right up to and loves on them.
    My butt itches!
    RKCNDY wrote:

Glad to help with ideas! I'm sure you have seen "The Cat's House"? http://www.thecatshouse.com/#a=0&at=0&m ... 1&s=0&p=-1
    Never heard of the Cat House before, but it looks like a lot of fun!

As for the collar question ... We didn't put a cllar on Sam. It was a harness, that is something different. I would be scared for her to strangle herself with a collar too, plus, she looks so cute "naked" :) I hope everyone's kitties started well into May :wave: