New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
    Well this was expected. It was only a matter of time before our depleted secondary was exposed. And where were the front 4?
    I miss igotid88
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    That was what Dallas should have done to you all if Tony Romo didn't play...this just in the NFC East is sucky this year.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    That was what Dallas should have done to you all if Tony Romo didn't play...this just in the NFC East is sucky this year.
    No way. Dallas has no where near the o weapons that New Orleans has. The depth at wr and rb. Nobody in the league has an o like that.

& ummm I see MD,.....tell me your not a redskins fan
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • That was the worst Giants Def performance i have seen in a longgggg time. Maybe of all time.
    Antonio Pierce sucks. He should be a coach bc he's great at calling plays and directing traffic but the dude gets worked covering his ground. Not a playmaker
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    The silver lining is that this may kick them into gear. They have faced a lot of weak teams this year and have been cruising. It's better to get this kind of game out of your system early in the season so you can regroup and lead a 2nd charge. Better now than in week 15. This was embarassing, but not the end of the world.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    RW81233 wrote:
    No way. Dallas has no where near the o weapons that New Orleans has. The depth at wr and rb. Nobody in the league has an o like that.

yes way, because Dallas had receivers open deep all day and they ran all over NYG's ass. If Dallas get just decent play from the QB, they blowout NYG! But alas, Romo played like complete shit and absolutely gave NYG the game.

PSSSSSssssssss.... did you hear that? It was the sound of the hot air escaping from the over-inflated NYG fan's heads. They still are a pretty good team, but have been way overestimated by the media. Let's think about what they have done... blown out some of the worst teams in the league, survived another poor team in the Redskins, should have lost to Dallas but Romo shitted them the game, and now they get handled by a "real" contender. Still a good team, but nothing at all like the hot air the NYG fans have been jerking themselves off with.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    RW81233 wrote:

Have you forgotten the 251 yards on 29 carries that you guys gave up to the Cowboys? No I won't argue that the Cowboys have the same offensive receivers as New Orleans, but their running game is quite possibly better when Barber, Choice, and Jones are together (see: Week 2).
  • mr.pink wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

yes way, because Dallas had receivers open deep all day and they ran all over NYG's ass. If Dallas get just decent play from the QB, they blowout NYG! But alas, Romo played like complete shit and absolutely gave NYG the game.

PSSSSSssssssss.... did you hear that? It was the sound of the hot air escaping from the over-inflated NYG fan's heads. They still are a pretty good team, but have been way overestimated by the media. Let's think about what they have done... blown out some of the worst teams in the league, survived another poor team in the Redskins, should have lost to Dallas but Romo shitted them the game, and now they get handled by a "real" contender. Still a good team, but nothing at all like the hot air the NYG fans have been jerking themselves off with.
    Dallas will get destroyed by NO. You barely got past the Chiefs!!! NYG has half the expectations and high profile playeres as dallas and did what we were supposed to do against the shitty teams.
    The only thing embarassing about the Giants - Cowgirls game was for everybody dallass....and your zillion dollar opening.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Have you forgotten the 251 yards on 29 carries that you guys gave up to the Cowboys? No I won't argue that the Cowboys have the same offensive receivers as New Orleans, but their running game is quite possibly better when Barber, Choice, and Jones are together (see: Week 2).
    Yes i have forgotten bc we still WON! The only stat that matters
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

that wasn't the argument at all...the argument that you posed was that Dallas has nowhere near the Offensive prowess as New Orleans. Now that I have demonstrated that you were not entirely correct you are changing the focus of the argument.
    [/quote]
    Dallas will get destroyed by NO. You barely got past the Chiefs!!! NYG has half the expectations and high profile playeres as dallas and did what we were supposed to do against the shitty teams.
    The only thing embarassing about the Giants - Cowgirls game was for everybody dallass....and your zillion dollar opening.[/quote]
    half the expectations and high profile players? Again you must have forgotten the announcers going crazy over the "greatest defensive line of all-time" in the pre-season? Last I checked you guys have a former #1 pick as your starting QB AND backup QB, and were consistently ranked higher in preseason polls than the Cowboys. Methinks you are using the oft-used but rarely well-thought out argument that anyone thinks the Cowboys are any better than a 9-7/10-6 team. In other words, everyone claims that they are overrated but no one 'rates' them.
    Didn't the Eagles lose to the Raiders today.
    I miss igotid88
    We'll get them in the playoffs. And I haven't heard anybody give the Giants credit. All they keep bringing up was the easy schedule.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    We'll get them in the playoffs. And I haven't heard anybody give the Giants credit. All they keep bringing up was the easy schedule.
    check the power rankings on like espn and cbs they are always up at the top, but keep thinking that anyone thought you were bad going into this week.
    RW81233 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    check the power rankings on like espn and cbs they are always up at the top, but keep thinking that anyone thought you were bad going into this week.

That's based on record. I'm just going by Espn the network. The last few weeks I had to wait for highlights. Then it would only be for 20 sec. Today it was on alot. And full highlights. It's the little things.
    I miss igotid88
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    that was an ass kicking and very uncomfortable watching.

congrats saints !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    So you really think they are going to show more than 20 seconds of a game between a 1-3 team and 4-0 team, especially when the game was 44-7? There's no reason for those to be on highlights. This was between two undefeated squads, obviously there will be more coverage.
    RW81233 wrote:
    So you really think they are going to show more than 20 seconds of a game between a 1-3 team and 4-0 team, especially when the game was 44-7? There's no reason for those to be on highlights. This was between two undefeated squads, obviously there will be more coverage.

They showed more of the 59-0 Patriots game against the 0-5 Titans
    I miss igotid88
  • touringfan wrote:
    just came down from my victory "high"

1. It's apparent that Tony Romo will never be as good as Eli Manning

2. Flozell is a cheap Fuck.

3. Have you ever heard 105 thousand people go sp quiet so fast?

4. Steve Smith now leads the NFL in receptions

5. Need to improve out Red Zone offense

6. Kenny Phillips and Corey Webster are rising stars and we may have found one more in super Mario

P.S.

How bout them cowboys!
    Why does Romo need to be better he already makes more money. But come the end of their careers I would put my money on Romo having the better stats.

October 2004 shut up a lot of yankee fans real fast.

I have been to 1 NFL game in my life. 9/4/95. Emmit Smith ran a 65 yards touchdown on the Boys 1st play from the line. He then added 3 more TD's.

Halftime, Phil Simms # is retired and then the stands emptied out, leaving 15,000 Cowboy fans behind enjoying the remainder of the game.

P.S.

Phil Simms is the WORST color man EVER.

P.S.S.

The Giants are NOTHING special this year.

How about them Giants!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Bad game by Eli. And where is the Giants defense?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Yes bad game by Eli, the Giants road will be tough and the division is a toss up.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    battle for first place at the linc on sunday followed by phils/yanks across the street. oh yes.

by the way...the dude hyping up romo is on some serious drugs. most overrated qb in the league. win a game past november 30th and then start talking...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    That game would have been worse if Rodgers-Cromartie hadn't tipped that ball right to Nicks's hands.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • battle for first place at the linc on sunday followed by phils/yanks across the street. oh yes.

by the way...the dude hyping up romo is on some serious drugs. most overrated qb in the league. win a game past november 30th and then start talking...

Football is a team game, I realize that.

I was stating that from a pure stats comparison by the end of their careers Romo will have more yards, TD's, less INT's, and so on.

Eli is OVERRATED. He had a great postseason when the Giants won the super bowl, but outside of that his numbers are no better than Romo's.

Who knows maybe the Boys will get hot in the post season and Romo is very capable of carrying a team to a championship.

I would never compare Romo to the REAL Manning, he is MUCH better.

Romo has a passer rating of over 90% in each season he has played. Eli's best year was 86%.

But I hate it when people pile on Romo all due to Cowboy hate.
    The Giants will win again.
    I miss igotid88
    battle for first place at the linc on sunday followed by phils/yanks across the street. oh yes.

I was stating that from a pure stats comparison by the end of their careers Romo will have more yards, TD's, less INT's, and so on.

Eli is OVERRATED. He had a great postseason when the Giants won the super bowl, but outside of that his numbers are no better than Romo's.

Who knows maybe the Boys will get hot in the post season and Romo is very capable of carrying a team to a championship.

Romo has a passer rating of over 90% in each season he has played. Eli's best year was 86%.

Eli is underrated.
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103

yeah! :roll: and if he wins 4 super bowls he will be the best quarterback EVER! yeah!

he blows.

.....but he's real good in september and october though. i WILL give you that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

people pile on romo cause when it counts he chokes. do you not remember the seahawks playoff game a few years back or the giants playoff where HE threw for 2 int's i think. he isn't clutch. eli has like 14 4th quarter/overtime comebacks. most of all eli has a super bowl ring and will win a few before it's said and done. romo is a poor man's danny white.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:

people pile on romo cause when it counts he chokes. do you not remember the seahawks playoff game a few years back or the giants playoff where HE threw for 2 int's i think. he isn't clutch. eli has like 14 4th quarter/overtime comebacks. most of all eli has a super bowl ring and will win a few before it's said and done. romo is a poor man's danny white.

Don't want to hijack the Giants thread with Romo talk. There is plenty of that in the Cowboys thread. But I've never blamed Romo the QB for that Seahawks loss. Romo the QB drove the team for the winning field goal. Romo the holder (who shouldn't even have been the holder anyway, thanks Parcells) blew it with that slick ball.

But after that, yeah, you are right. He isn't clutch. That is true so far.

I also don't think Eli will win a few before it is said and done. Eli has benefited from a fantastic team surrounding him. The 2007 Giants defense deserves as much if not more credit for that Super Bowl win. Maybe the team surrounding him this year isn't as good as it has been.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Giants looked lifeless. No energy. They got alotta work to do. To be honest, this is kinda what I expected of this team this year record wise at this point with all the young guys and injuries. Eli looked reallllly out of it last night but he will be fine as he always is.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5