New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,165
    C'mon Jeags let me post :lol: I know i'm not as sports savvy as you but i thought this was an open forum :roll:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    C'mon Jeags let me post :lol: I know i'm not as sports savvy as you but i thought this was an open forum :roll:

no. sorry.
    www.myspace.com
  • Eli Manning Press Conference Has Empty Feeling
    :wtf:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2010/12/20/ ... ence-empty
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Now it looks like Nicks might be out for the last game.
    I miss igotid88
    now Seubert is hurt.
    I miss igotid88
    Another tipped interception.
    I miss igotid88
    Another long td pass from Manning to Manningham. Or Eli Manningham. If it wasn't for the unlucky interceptions. It would pbe a great year. Still good though.
    I miss igotid88
    Well green bay took the lead on the bears. Looks like another wasted season.
    I miss igotid88
    On to an undefeated season this/next year.
    I miss igotid88
    good season guys.
    www.myspace.com
    igotid88 wrote:
    Another long td pass from Manning to Manningham. Or Eli Manningham. If it wasn't for the unlucky interceptions. It would pbe a great year. Still good though.

18th is good?
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/playe ... asontype=2
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    good season guys.

Thanks Jeags, thanks for not rubbing it in.

So many hi's and lows this year, i don't think we had a superbowl calibur team, but to not even make the playoff's is dissappointing.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    After those last two weeks, the Giants didn't deserve to make the playoffs.

And really, they never proved much even with the games they did win. The Giants' best win of the season was probably against the Bears, before Chicago found its groove. We were demolished by the Colts and the Packers, embarrassed by the Eagles, and even lost to the Cowboys without Tony Romo (and we almost blew the game we won against them). We didn't even beat Tennessee. After Chicago, the Giants' best win is either against Houston or Jacksonville, two mid-level teams.

Anyway, ten wins isn't bad, but if you don't make the playoffs, what's the point? I hate to be riding the anti-Coughlin wave, but what this team needs is a jolt of energy. Whether that comes in the form of a change in coach, personnel, or perhaps acquiring a star player, I don't know.
    Don't wanna see Coughlin get fired. But would like to see what Cowherd can do. If he indeed wants to coach here. Eli did a good job. If it wasn't for the defense falling apart the last 2 games. Well you know.
    I miss igotid88
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    edited January 2011
    Eli did a good job, but he's really got to work on lowering his interceptions.

The Giants' worst enemy was themselves this season. Turnovers did them in.
    tcaporale wrote:

the most important part of football.
    www.myspace.com
    igotid88 wrote:

18th is good?

I didn't say great. The turnovers didn't help. If his receivers actually caught those balls. Or if the tipped balls hit the ground. It would be a different story. He lost 2 of his best receivers the final weeks of the season. Sometimes where you are on the list doesn't tell the whole story.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

18th is good?

I didn't say great. The turnovers didn't help. If his receivers actually caught those balls. Or if the tipped balls hit the ground. It would be a different story. He lost 2 of his best receivers the final weeks of the season. Sometimes where you are on the list doesn't tell the whole story.

i gave you his career stats last week. i'll leave it at that.
    www.myspace.com
    tcaporale wrote:

But the takeaways pretty much evens that up. Well close to even so that wasn't a factor. It's the defense allowing points on those turnovers
    I miss igotid88
    tcaporale wrote:
    After those last two weeks, the Giants didn't deserve to make the playoffs.

And really, they never proved much even with the games they did win. The Giants' best win of the season was probably against the Bears, before Chicago found its groove. We were demolished by the Colts and the Packers, embarrassed by the Eagles, and even lost to the Cowboys without Tony Romo (and we almost blew the game we won against them). We didn't even beat Tennessee. After Chicago, the Giants' best win is either against Houston or Jacksonville, two mid-level teams.

Anyway, ten wins isn't bad, but if you don't make the playoffs, what's the point? I hate to be riding the anti-Coughlin wave, but what this team needs is a jolt of energy. Whether that comes in the form of a change in coach, personnel, or perhaps acquiring a star player, I don't know.

The thing that bugged me in that Colts game was that we won the coin flip. And they decided to kick. It probably wouldn't have mattered either way. But you don't give Peyton extra chances with the ball. No matter how well you think your defense is.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

But the takeaways pretty much evens that up. Well close to even so that wasn't a factor. It's the defense allowing points on those turnovers

well that's why they have the take away/give away stat (the one i always talk about as i feel its the most important stat in the game): http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/ ... league/nfc

the giants are among the worst in the league. c'mon man! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

Already responded
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:

Already responded

just not a fan of qb's who turn the ball over at a high rate, on a yearly basis. sorry man.
    www.myspace.com
    Never said they were on the plus side.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:

Already responded

just not a fan of qb's who turn the ball over at a high rate, on a yearly basis. sorry man.

No one's defending turnovers. But it's how they came about. Receivers not running the right routes. Receivers not handling easy throws. A true interception for me is when the qb throws it to a wide open defender.

If you see in a baseball boxscore a batter going 4-4. You'd think he smoked the ball all 4 times. But when you see the highlights. You see one his was a weak grounder to 3rd. Another was a bloop hit. The 3rd took a bad hop. And the 4th was a 12 hopper that found a hole between the two infielders.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:

Already responded

No one's defending turnovers. But it's how they came about. Receivers not running the right routes. Receivers not handling easy throws. A true interception for me is when the qb throws it to a wide open defender.

If you see in a baseball boxscore a batter going 4-4. You'd think he smoked the ball all 4 times. But when you see the highlights. You see one his was a weak grounder to 3rd. Another was a bloop hit. The 3rd took a bad hop. And the 4th was a 12 hopper that found a hole between the two infielders.[/quote]

haha...this is the same exact conversation we had last week. i thought the conversation ended when i pointed out that in all but one season he has turned the ball over at an alarming rate. these damn receivers have not been running their routes right since 2004! :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Coughlin is staying.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    You're not getting the point. I'm not saying he isn't responsible for all of the interceptions. Just that it's not all black and white.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    You're not getting the point. I'm not saying he isn't responsible for all of the interceptions. Just that it's not all black and white.

just say he won a super bowl. :mrgreen: that point, i have to conceded.

don't make excuses for turnovers.
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    tom-coughlin.jpeg

He's funny when he's pissed.

tom-coughlin.jpg

Might be the only time i really ever scene him happy.