Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

5th in the conference. YEAH!! must be a tough time to be a rangers fan

in hockey that isn't half bad..1 of a few teams with 20 wins

16 like b-ball

hence it is by far the toughest sport to win a title

don't 26 teams make the playoffs in the nhl?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

16 like b-ball

16 like b-ball

i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,455

16 like b-ball

16 like b-ball

all this bad quoting is making me dizzy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

16 like b-ball

16 like b-ball

all this bad quoting is making me dizzy.

now you know how tom coughlin felt after the 4th qtr
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    Six....in a ROW!! :wave:
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,731
    16 like b-ball

This is why I'm not bragging about the Flyers being in 1st overall by 5 pts. It doesn't mean shit. Just need to be in Top 16, right Rangers fans??? Sorry, this is the Giants thread, isn't it?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    The Fixer wrote:

just busting balls dude. we're not used to having shit talking rights in philly. I'm new to this
    Philly's teams in general have gotten better.

The Phillies have the most theoretically unhittable rotation that I've heard of in a while, the Flyers made it to the championship last season and are doing very well this season, and the Eagles getting rid of McNabb has paid big dividends for them.

The 76ers still suck though. :lol:
  • Options
    And hockey is definitely not the hardest sport to win in the playoffs - when more than 50% of the teams just qualify for the postseason to start is preposterous.
  • Options
    And hockey is definitely not the hardest sport to win in the playoffs - when more than 50% of the teams just qualify for the postseason to start is preposterous.

dude you have to win 16 games...potentialy play 28 ...night after night

getting killed every second of every shift..football is a very rough sport,but its 3 or 4 games..period

say what you want but i will stick with my point
  • Options

getting killed every second of every shift..football is a very rough sport,but its 3 or 4 games..period

Yeah, and it makes the season almost meaningless. St. Louis made the playoffs, what, like a ton of times in a row? They never had any business being there ever. Same thing with the Caps before Ovechkin. Just the fact that teams like those can make it, and have a chance, are ridiculous. The amount of games are negligible because of how many shit teams can make it. If your argument is "hockey is tougher than all the other sports" then that really isn't an argument.

Basketball is the easiest, followed by hockey, then football, then baseball.
  • Options

Yeah, and it makes the season almost meaningless. St. Louis made the playoffs, what, like a ton of times in a row? They never had any business being there ever. Same thing with the Caps before Ovechkin. Just the fact that teams like those can make it, and have a chance, are ridiculous. The amount of games are negligible because of how many shit teams can make it. If your argument is "hockey is tougher than all the other sports" then that really isn't an argument.

baseball???? bwaaaaaah..you can't be serious

it doesn't matter the teams who make the playoffs
    after the 1st game the teams hate each other
    unlike any other sport..they can and do show just how much
    way more grueling
  • Options

way more grueling

Dude, your whole argument is based around what you think is the best/toughest sports - personal bias. I'm giving you numbers, facts.

16 teams - more than 50% of the teams in both the NBA and NHL make it.
    NFL - 12 teams, 38%
    MLB - 8 teams, 27%

Those are facts.
  • Options

way more grueling

Dude, your whole argument is based around what you think is the best/toughest sports - personal bias. I'm giving you numbers, facts.

16 teams - more than 50% of the teams in both the NBA and NHL make it.
    NFL - 12 teams, 38%
    MLB - 8 teams, 27%

Those are facts.

yea but aside from the amount of teams ..hockey is the toughest playoff season to win it all

football is 4 games at most..usually 3 for the eventual champion..hockey 16 with a potential 28

i think that says it all
    but this back is forth is stupid

you have your beliefs and vice versa
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

yea but aside from the amount of teams ..hockey is the toughest playoff season to win it all

football is 4 games at most..usually 3 for the eventual champion..hockey 16 with a potential 28

i think that says it all

I actually think football only having to win 3-4 games makes it tougher. one loss and you're done.

My rankings would be same as JPs...hoops, hockey, football, baseball. too much crazy shit can happen in a baseball series. like cody fucking ross going crazy...or juan uribe hitting a GW homer.

ugh, I just puked on myself
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Fixer wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    don't forget that flyers/rangers game yesterday :D
    I have no interest in hockey.

most islander and ranger fans say that these days. I don't blame you
    In general, I have no interest in hockey. Never a hockey person.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
  • Options
    Coughlin looks like he's about to take the chain set and spear DeSean Jackson with it.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,731
    The Fixer wrote:

i think that says it all

I actually think football only having to win 3-4 games makes it tougher. one loss and you're done.

My rankings would be same as JPs...hoops, hockey, football, baseball. too much crazy shit can happen in a baseball series. like cody fucking ross going crazy...or juan uribe hitting a GW homer.

ugh, I just puked on myself

I think Neily's point is that hockey is the most grueling sport to win a title in. And I agree. It's a vicious battle of attrition.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    We win this week, were in the playoffs, that's what we have to focus on now.
  • Options
    Agreed. It's that simple.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options

yes. you really need to stop focusing on one of the most epic collapses in the history of the sport. just get that out of your minds. get that onsides kick out of your head. block out michael vick running all through your defense. don't even think of the trevor laws sack again. and, please, most of all just stop focusing on the desean jackson return.

don't focus on any of that stuff. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

yes. you really need to stop focusing on one of the most epic collapses in the history of the sport. just get that out of your minds. get that onsides kick out of your head. block out michael vick running all through your defense. don't even think of the trevor laws sack again. and, please, most of all just stop focusing on the desean jackson return.

Doesn't ring a bell. :D
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I guess I gotta go back through this thread and find out who all the Giants fans are. I spend most of my days over at the Porch and don't get out to this part of the board.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Well, I'm one of the Giants fans here, so hello.

:problem:
  • Options
    I guess I gotta go back through this thread and find out who all the Giants fans are. I spend most of my days over at the Porch and don't get out to this part of the board.
    Giants fan here.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,541
    I don't think we're making the playoffs. We have to win next week. And hope other teams lose. Of course if we win today that changes. But as I type this we fumble another ball. Maybe we get Cowherd.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    We should've kept Seubert under center. We were running the ball well before O'hara came back.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eli manning is a turnover MACHINE.

love eli! :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

He was out of bounds. And it's mostly bad luck. If he was wearing a different uniform. He would have 10.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

He was out of bounds. And it's mostly bad luck. If he was wearing a different uniform. He would have 10.
    :? he's got like 22 picks and numerous lost fumbles this year.
    chinese-happy.jpg