Options

New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,483
    igotid88 wrote:
    eli manning is a turnover MACHINE.

love eli! :mrgreen:

He was out of bounds. And it's mostly bad luck. If he was wearing a different uniform. He would have 10.
    :? he's got like 22 picks and numerous lost fumbles this year.

About half were tipped by his own receivers who couldn't catch.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    eli manning is a turnover MACHINE.

love eli! :mrgreen:

He was out of bounds. And it's mostly bad luck. If he was wearing a different uniform. He would have 10.

You would think he's color blind since he seems to favor green jerseys today. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    We can still get in if:

Giants need to beat the Redskins, and have the Packers lose to the Bears, and TB would have to lose to the Saints.

But the Giants dont look look like they can beat redskins.
    Chicago already has a playoff spot, so they might not play first stringers. (if Philly wins, Philly has 2nd spot and Chi has no reason to play.)
    Saints already clinched, so they probably won't show up either..

:?

Offseason: fire Coughlin? yes/no?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,357
    igotid88 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

:? he's got like 22 picks and numerous lost fumbles this year.

About half were tipped by his own receivers who couldn't catch.

29 turnovers and counting this year (they just keep coming :lol: )
    23 last year
    15 in 08
    29 in 07
    25 in 06
    23 in 05

MACHINE.

edit--11 in 9 games during his rookie year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    We can still get in if:

Giants need to beat the Redskins, and have the Packers lose to the Bears, and TB would have to lose to the Saints.

Chicago already has a playoff spot, so they might not play first stringers. (if Philly wins, Philly has 2nd spot and Chi has no reason to play.)

I think you will see a lot of teams rest their top players next week. Jets already said they would and I imagine you'll see Chicago so the same.

Coughlin will be gone. I think Bill Cowher has already expressed interest in the job.
  • Options
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:
    We can still get in if:

I think you will see a lot of teams rest their top players next week. Jets already said they would and I imagine you'll see Chicago so the same.

Coughlin will be gone. I think Bill Cowher has already expressed interest in the job.

that guy's got it all wrong. if the bears and eagles are tied, the bears get the 2 seed. they will not be resting their players. so as long as the eagles do not lose on tuesday expect the bears to treat the packers game like a playoff game. saints haven't clinched anything yet either. :? :? :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If you just look at the numbers yes it's a lot. No one is denying that. But it's how those int came about. And a lot of his int have been tipped. Even in those other years. Sometimes by his own teammates. And some by other teams. It's like a qb who passes for 400 yds. It's the receiver who has to get those extra yards after the catch for that to happen.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    If you just look at the numbers yes it's a lot. No one is denying that. But it's how those int came about. And a lot of his int have been tipped. Even in those other years. Sometimes by his own teammates. And some by other teams. It's like a qb who passes for 400 yds. It's the receiver who has to get those extra yards after the catch for that to happen.

6 years out of his 7 year career, he has turned the ball over at an alarming rate. if you want to make excuses for 6 seasons, go right ahead.

whatever the case may be, i love having him in the eagles division. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Bears will probably be playing for a bye next week, so their starters will be playing. Also if they can beat the Packers that would eliminate them from the playoffs. Another reason the starters will be playing. I'm sure they don't want to play Green Bay at any point in the playoffs.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

6 years out of his 7 year career, he has turned the ball over at an alarming rate. if you want to make excuses for 6 seasons, go right ahead.

And yet:

"Giants QB Eli Manning signs $97.5 million, six year contract extension" :shock:

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... z19GhKRhZH
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:

not excuses. just calling it as i see them.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    FrankieG wrote:
    We can still get in if:

No.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Kicked your fucking ass today WOW!!!! I did not see that coming.

Even the older folks in the room where I was watching the game at felt bad for Eli. hehe

Sucks also your team can't get back into town and are stuck in Green Bay. Ouch

Anyway sorry just had to come over and say hey. :)
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    It seems to me they showed NO effort at all halfway through the 4th quarter.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,616

As do I Jeags, as do I...

eli_manning_super_bowl_mvp_2.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he did lead a superbowl winning drive jeags...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he did lead a superbowl winning drive jeags...

of course he did. i'm not saying he sucks. he has some redeeming qualities.

but you win, on a yearly basis, by not turning the ball over. guy's on pace for over 30 turnovers this year. think about that. i love me some eli manning :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,812
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Man, youre really clinging to that '07 title. :thumbup:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

now now the phillies title ...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    A rare weekend BOTH New York/New Jersey teams LOST. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited December 2010
    g under p wrote:

Peace

coming from a guy who roots for a team from 6 states :roll: :lol:
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England

personally i like the vermont patriots..

maybe the maine patriots ?

although rhode island patriots is catchy
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

QUIET Laker fan you have nothing to say at least those so called states don't have a football team. When they do holla back....FRAUD! 8-)

Peace during the holidays
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

QUIET Laker fan you have nothing to say at least those so called states don't have a football team. When they do holla back....FRAUD! 8-)

blah blah lakers ..same story for the last 10 years...

vermont patriots
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

blah blah lakers ..same story for the last 10 years...

vermont patriots[/quote]

Well, only you can change that story. Tell me something if the Knicks were as success as the Lakers would you STILL be a laker fan?

Smells like teen fraud. :D

Peace

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,616
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha, touche.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    Yeah like the Eagles title oh wait they've never tasted Superbowl Winning Champagne :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yeah like the Eagles title oh wait they've never tasted Superbowl Winning Champagne :P

jose! :roll: :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340

You liked it didn't you i know thanks , i'm surprized you guys in Philly haven't changed the thread title to The 2010 Super Bowl Champion Eagles :lol: :P Surely you should do that to the Phillies Thread no they are guaranteed to winning it all no :roll: :wave: :thumbdown:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

You liked it didn't you i know thanks , i'm surprized you guys in Philly haven't changed the thread title to The 2010 Super Bowl Champion Eagles :lol: :P Surely you should do that to the Phillies Thread no they are guaranteed to winning it all no :roll: :wave: :thumbdown:

you should opt not to post in sports threads.
    chinese-happy.jpg