Options

New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    I'd take an extra set of thigh pads before Tiki.
    Tiki is a pathetic loser. I was reading a recap of his heated interview with francesa last week and all he did was complain that people should not say things behind his back. Helllllloooo pr!ck,....isn't that the first thing you did regarding Eli and Coach C to start your amazing broadcasting career?!?!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Does anyone think Osi will stay?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    Newch91 wrote:
    Does anyone think Osi will stay?

http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelphia ... red-by-cap

NFL Free Agency Rumors: Cowboys, Giants Could Be Hampered By Cap Concerns
    by Jason Brewer
    With the NFL's free agent frenzy kicking off tomorrow at 10am, it will be an interesting time for the NFC East. With rosters expanding to 90 players, teams will be adding on average about 50 new names to their squad. Included among those are teams re-signing their own free agents, signing other veteran free agents, draft picks and undrafted rookie free agents. The Eagles and Redskins will both have upwards of $20 million in cap space to play with. The Giants and Cowboys however, are in the red.

The Cowboys are currently $13.9 million over the cap, which is the second highest number in the league, behind only the Raiders, who are unbelievably $14.9 million over. Dallas is in a tough position because not only would this make it tough to pursue top free agents, it also hampers their ability to re-sign their own key free agents like RT Doug Free, who is set to get a major pay day.

Of course, there are things Dallas can do to get under the cap. Namely, releasing veterans like Marion Barber and Roy Williams, both of whom make pretty good money that their production doesn't really justify. Getting rid of Barber would save $4.75 million while cutting Williams would save a whopping $12.9 million. So, those two moves alone would at least get them back to even. They could also let go of guys like Terence Newman, Leonard Davis and Marc Colombo and recoup another $7-8 mil in cap space. That said, the Cowboys will not likely be major players in free agency this year and their likely standard of offseason success will be whether they can retain Free.

The Giants are $6.1 million over the cap but they can get under much easier. By cutting former Eagle Shawn Andrews and his $7.5 million cap figure, the Giants are back in the black. However, they also have several major decisions to make that could force several more cuts to make room. Starting RB Ahmad Bradshaw is an unrestricted free agent that will likely demand pretty big money to keep. WR Steve Smith is a free agent and despite coming off an injury filled year, could draw interest as well. The Giants will also have to figure out what to do with Osi Umenyiora, who has publicly criticized the team about their unwillingness to give him a new contract. In fact, in the lawsuit the player filed against the owners, Umenyiora was a named plaintiff and alleged in an affidavit that the Giants lied to him about negotiating a new deal. So whether to trade him or give him a big new contract will be another major issue.

All salary cap info comes from ESPN.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Giants let go of O'Hara and Seubert.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    really like the mark herzlich signing. love that guy and how knows, perhaps he's that blue collar "rocky balboa" type that D realllly needs.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• Options
    really like the mark herzlich signing. love that guy and how knows, perhaps he's that blue collar "rocky balboa" type that D realllly needs.

he's got a great story. grew up around my neck of the woods. i've known about him for a while. hope he catches on with you guys.

what's up with plax?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Plax and Coughlin are either meeting today or sometime later this week.
  • Options
    bootheadboothead Posts: 145
    Newch91 wrote:

yea, i know he is a tard but i want him back! move smith out and nicks to slot! woot!
  • Options
    boothead wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

yea, i know he is a tard but i want him back! move smith out and nicks to slot! woot!
    Those 3 would be a threat on a 3 receiver set.
  • Options
    Apparently the meeting is delayed due to new league visitation rules? But they can speak via phone.
    Most likely this is all a leverage thing for Plax and a due diligence thing for NYG. I can't see how plax would want to return to the city that threw the book at him. Hope I'm wrong. Would LOVE to have him back.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    I don't see it, he needs a new start and has a terrible relationship with Coughlin. Would love to have him back, just don't see it happening.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,512
    I wonder how the meeting went with Plaxico?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Plax going to the jets
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,843
    Adios Plaxico, have fun with the Jets, you d***.
  • Options
    looks like giants are aiming to trade osi huh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Yeah, not very excited about that, but I don't know if they can afford to give him the contract he wants.

Glad that Ahmad Bradshaw is coming back though.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Looking forward to the Giants vs Redskins again this year! Actually, I love all the rivalries and watch all the games in that entire division. I'll cheer for any one of them, except the Cowboys! lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    I like what Strahan said yesterday as people were complaining about NYG not making any moves in the FA mess...
    He said thats because NYG is confident in the team they already have and often not making too many moves results in a more solid overall team.

That being said...I'm worried about the WR's. Nicks and Manningham are all we really got right now. Steve Smith is out for awhile with the knee (and unsigned) Barden is out for a while too, Boss is unsigned.
    Dont see Reese ever doing this but would it hurt to look at Braylen Edwards?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    The Manningham-Nicks combo seems pretty solid, as both will only get better with more time. They've already impressed me in the past. Smith's injury is a little worrying but he seems to be almost healthy, and if he doesn't get re-injured I think he'll be a big help. I'm actually pretty confident in the receiving department.

It looks like Osi's trade window has closed, which hopefully means the Giants will figure out a way to mend that relationship.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    tcaporale wrote:
    The Manningham-Nicks combo seems pretty solid, as both will only get better with more time. They've already impressed me in the past. Smith's injury is a little worrying but he seems to be almost healthy, and if he doesn't get re-injured I think he'll be a big help. I'm actually pretty confident in the receiving department.

It looks like Osi's trade window has closed, which hopefully means the Giants will figure out a way to mend that relationship.

I really hope the take the check book out like they promised and make him happy, because he something to watch.
  • Options
    MFer!!! We dont have tight end. Boss signs with the Raiders! Really boss?? wtf?
    He is west coast dude from oregon so maybe that was part of the reason.

I'm more annoyed that as of now we don't have a legit TE rather than losing boss. He sucked last year and gets hurt a ton. But still Manning having a big & reliable guy at TE helps a ton.

Any TE's still on the market?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• Options
    Ugh, would have liked to have kept Boss. I don't know who's going to start in his place, probably either Travis Beckum or Bear Pascoe.
  • Options
    Didn't Boss say he wanted to stay in New York? Liar.
  • Options
    damn Boss
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Who are the Giants looking to have at TE?
  • Options
    who are they looking to have at cb now? ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Dammit.

Can the regular season just start already, it seems that this team is facing a setback every day of the preseason.
  • Options
    Looking to be a really long season. :(
  • Options
    Steve Smith to the goddamn Eagles. A real shame, I liked him, and now he's on what may be my new most hated team (unless the Cowboys stop being mediocre).

What the fuck, this preseason is so shitty for the Giants that it's almost comical.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,627
    tcaporale wrote:
    Steve Smith to the goddamn Eagles. A real shame, I liked him, and now he's on what may be my new most hated team (unless the Cowboys stop being mediocre).

What the fuck, this preseason is so shitty for the Giants that it's almost comical.

Jesus, this is brutal. I have been half paying attention to everything but O'Hara, Seubert, Boss and Smith. Am sure I am missing others. Plus Prince. Damn, thats rough.